PDA

View Full Version : Great news! It worked!

julia3032
01-30-12, 02:03 PM
This message was posted by GM:

Price/Quantity changes in RS/BS/Fashion
Due to customer feedback, TeamLava has decided to revert the changes made to the quantities and prices of contracts/recipes in Bakery Story, Fashion Story and Restaurant Story. We are very appreciative of the customer feedback in both emails to Support and, naturally, posts in the forums to help us make this decision. Please let us know if you have further thoughts/feedback on these changes in the thread below.

Thank you TL for reconsidering and changing this back! Please consider what we have said regarding Android parity and gem confirmations. Happy customers spend money!

ultrafrog
01-30-12, 02:28 PM
While it's nice to have this change reverted, the big issues still remain.

The quantity/price update was the straw that broke the camel's back.

TL just removed that piece of straw, but the camel's back is still straining(!!!) with the issues that have always been a problem.

julia3032
01-30-12, 02:30 PM
While it's nice to have this change reverted, the big issues still remain.

The quantity/price update was the straw that broke the camel's back.

TL just removed that piece of straw, but the camel's back is still straining(!!!) with the issues that have always been a problem.

That's true, ultra frog! But let's be thankful for this change. And that our protests worked. We do need to continue to fight for the other things too. But today, I'd just like to be happy about something around here!

carminochan
01-30-12, 02:39 PM
It's incredible how I would actually have found this forum and am posting on it.

BS started out as, oh, I just got an iphone, so let's download a free game --to--> I don't want to attend this game too much so I'll just make pumpkin pies and check back every 2-4 days before it rots --to--> hmmmm, lets do some quests --to--> oh, I need some neighbors to send me some items for quest so I'll look for neighbors --to--> omg, now with neighbors I got to tip them --to--> wow, my neighbor's restaurant is so pretty, I want mine to be like theirs --to--> I'm super addicted to this game and also started RS, and PS.

Now I've joined the crowd and became extremely upset of the new changes that made my efforts fall down the drain. Then, when I was just about to quit all of the games together and get my life back, they reverted the changes.

Such an emotional rollercoaster!

dria_91
01-30-12, 03:09 PM
Yes! I just saw the changes and thought I was going crazy! Thank you so much team lava! And thanks to all the players who voiced their opinions on this matter. We were finally heard! I am so happy that I can play my RS and not be sad with all the quantity changes. They must've JUST made those changes because i cooked grilled cheese earlier and there was only 105 servings. Thanks again TL i am now grateful :)

barleycoon
01-30-12, 03:18 PM
Thank you TeamLava, I'm so grateful that you listened to player feedback as you always do.

duckieduckduck
01-30-12, 03:28 PM
GOOD!!!

It will be even better news for the user who sold omelete & Scallops at $4 before the update!
I still left around 10,000 $1 meal left

pops1972
01-30-12, 03:35 PM
Thank you to the one who created this thread. Hoo ray!

julia3032
01-30-12, 03:39 PM
Thank you to the one who created this thread. Hoo ray!

You are most welcome!

killinfieldz
01-30-12, 04:09 PM
Thank You Team Lava for restoring my faith in you! Thanks for listening to your customers! Love the game again!

sourlicorice2
01-30-12, 04:21 PM
Yes thank you TL. We may not have all the issues fixed yet but this is a step in the right direction :-)

143Blue
01-30-12, 04:34 PM
woah i didnt know there was money change in fashion O.o wow.. lol my friends are right im really slow,...

sourlicorice2
01-30-12, 04:36 PM
Lol and to all those who said get a grip, go play something else etc. see if u speak up for change it can happen if we all had kept quiet then nothing would have gotten changed!

Thanks again TL now we just need a gem confirmation button and Android parity!

slackananda
01-30-12, 04:41 PM
I am so happy that food parameters such as price, portions and yield have been changed back! This way there is a lot more to think about when making cooking choices. I've created spreadsheets for the old/current values and the recent changed values and there is no comparison. Will also be able to stay open overnight again!

Finally, makes choice of food gift relevant. Make mine Roast Chicken!!!

Thank you, TeamLava, we obviously love your games, thank you for listening to us regarding them.

:D

brvheart
01-30-12, 05:12 PM
I quit the day the changes were made, and starting right now, I'm playing again. Good decision, Lava.

queenrocks77
01-30-12, 07:08 PM
I usually don't gripe much (except for in nov dec with the ios vs. Android pair) but when I saw the changes to quantities and prices I almost threw in the towel and deleted my games. And I was about to make a huge gem purchase! Then I saw all of the ******* stuff over the weekend and thought that TL would just ignore it. I guess it was bigger than I thought! :eek:

Thanks TL! Just fired up my game and saw the revert and now I am a happy customer once again!

kmccusker
01-30-12, 08:52 PM
I wasn't involved in the protest - while I have invested a lot of time and actual money in RS/BS, when it boils right down to it, it's just a game, and I have plenty of real-world things that need my attention as well. Then again, I was out of town on the day(s) the protest took place. ;)

I'm certainly glad to see that TL took the initiative to reverse the changes they'd made to the pricing and quantity aspects of the game. I've played a lot of other games where, no matter what, customer opinion didn't matter in the least. From a business perspective, I understand that TL has to walk a fine line between financial gain and customer appreciation. Finding balance between the two is a constant trial and error process. Independent of the other issues players are "fighting for" right now, TL tried making a change to their qty/pricing system to increase financial gain. Customer feedback was negative. In weighing the two options, they determined it would be in their best interests to reverse the changes they had made. As a result, customer satisfaction (and likely their financial gain also as a result) has improved. I'm certainly appreciative - the change they'd made was frustrating to say the least, and frustration really takes the fun out of any game. I know some of my neighbors were very upset with the change - they'd invested a great deal of time and money in the game already - I hope they've either seen this post or noticed the change in-game, and are pleased with the revision!

naribuzz
01-30-12, 09:07 PM
Thank You TL!

Qwertykbd
01-30-12, 10:14 PM
Good news. Thanks TL!

yvonnes
01-30-12, 10:54 PM
Thank you!

sunnybake
01-31-12, 10:48 AM
Such a lovely surprise to go into my restaurant, and see some food left on the counters! That hasn't happened for me since the changes, I haven't been able to keep up - especially since I'm making lots of 16hr/1 day recipes for the goals.

Thank you TL!

(Btw, I am sincerely sick of the sight of Boiled Lobsters. I feel like I have been cooking them for months. I'm still not finished. Never want to see them again.)

uljasha
01-31-12, 01:32 PM
Huraaaay! My littlr daughter was exremely disappointed becuase of these changes, according to which she couldn,t support her restaurant in stock even half of day. (while cooking all day). She saw angry customers and became to cry ;( It was really hard to explain to 3 y.o. Girl, why she cant play as she used to before and she can understand nothing about policy and salary of Game publisher. Now this problem is solved and she is gaming again without annoying! Yeah! Thanks. Mom.

uljasha
01-31-12, 01:40 PM
Want to add ;) of course we don,t let her to play the whole day, she has only hour per day for gaming;) and with less plates her model of control became uneffective - now she can cook only ,long, dishes and be in stock

Leotilly
01-31-12, 02:10 PM
I'm so happy! I can finally keep stuff on my counters now.
Something else I've noticed, and maybe other people can confirm this, there seem to be fewer pop-ups. Usually, I would get them not only when logging in for the first time, but multiple times while playing as well. Today I have actually left the game, come back and there was not a single pop-up.
I am amazed. Any of you experiencing the same thing?

patriziaf
01-31-12, 02:15 PM
Thank you TeamLava, I'm so grateful that you listened to player feedback as you always do.

"Always do"? Please, barleycoon... Every time I read one of your reply I ask myself if you receive free gems from TeamLava or if you are the best exemple of subjugation. I'm journalist and I'm used to read things like that in marketing statements.

fecsuper
01-31-12, 04:59 PM
This is Great News. I haven't seen yet in my Restaurant. I am so happy!

bigtail2
02-01-12, 08:15 AM
Has anyone noticed that the the new (goal) recipes are still in line with the changes that had been made (and are now changed back)?.

Lovely pancakes: 16 hours, 725 servings
Eggs in a basket: ?
Heart Steak: 2 hours, 250 servings
Artichoke hearts: 1 day, 950 servings
Chocolate Pretzels: 4 hours, 375 servings

The experience earned for each of these is also much lower than the old recipes. If this is the way that TL is trending, as players reach higher levels and master most of the basic recipes, it will again be harder and harder to keep food on the counters and to level up.

3squares
02-02-12, 08:26 AM
Has anyone noticed that the the new (goal) recipes are still in line with the changes that had been made (and are now changed back)?.

Lovely pancakes: 16 hours, 725 servings
Eggs in a basket: ?
Heart Steak: 2 hours, 250 servings
Artichoke hearts: 1 day, 950 servings
Chocolate Pretzels: 4 hours, 375 servings

The experience earned for each of these is also much lower than the old recipes. If this is the way that TL is trending, as players reach higher levels and master most of the basic recipes, it will again be harder and harder to keep food on the counters and to level up.

Wha whaaaat?!

You mean I can spend 16 hours cooking pancakes and get 725 plates, or cook Meat Pie for 16 hours and get 1725 plates?!

C'mon TL, please change quantities in new recipes to reflect greater rewards for the effort involved in unlocking them!

You shouldn't have to tie up an appliance all day to make a measly 950 plates!