PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take to transfer?

moor9431
01-29-12, 09:56 PM
Okay so my android phone that I was playing on before broke over the weekend. I got a new iphone and wanted to transfer my game from my old phone. I emailed support on Saturday and they told me I need to redownload the game on my new phone and set up a new storm id. They also asked me some other questions and I gave them the information they requested from me. Anyway, I was j/w how long does it usually take for them to transfer it? I'm going through withdrawal over here and I am worried my game won't be transferred successfully (I'm on level 66 and if I lose all my prizes, etc. I'll cry my eyes out). So am I just supposed to wait around for support to do it?

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 10:06 PM
PM Kooky Panda and she will help

xcellent
01-29-12, 10:49 PM
If u are playing any storm8 games, it will only take u a minute to transfer.. No need for support too...

Here is the link:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?347-Have-a-New-Device-How-To-Transfer-Your-Existing-Account

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 10:54 PM
If u are playing any storm8 games, it will only take u a minute to transfer.. No need for support too...

Here is the link:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?347-Have-a-New-Device-How-To-Transfer-Your-Existing-Account

TY I could not find link quick and didn't want some not mod squad giving bad advice.

kooky panda
01-30-12, 05:45 AM
I did answer Moors questions by PM.

iusedtobedigusr
01-30-12, 11:11 AM
I did answer Moors questions by PM.

Thank You KP

gundamrx78
01-30-12, 11:23 AM
Kooky panda

Can you tell me?

moor9431
01-30-12, 02:45 PM
thank you again kooky...my game was finally transferred this afternoon :)

nicoleeCOM
01-30-12, 05:09 PM
if I originally planned the normal fashion story and now I play the valentines day fashion story, will my game be affected if I now delete the normal fashion story off my iPhone?

smileme13
02-01-12, 01:01 PM
Hello Kooky Panda!
Can you help me transfer my fashion story game from old phone to new phone? I lost the phone few month ago .Thank you so much.

greygull
02-01-12, 01:04 PM
Email support@teamlava.com

Give them the ID, in game name, and (if you know) how many gems you had in your old game. They will be able to help you transfer. Also, make sure you download all the games you had previously before doing the transfer, so all of them are transferred over :)

breezy1981
02-01-12, 01:51 PM
if I originally planned the normal fashion story and now I play the valentines day fashion story, will my game be affected if I now delete the normal fashion story off my iPhone?

I am wondering the same thing

greygull
02-01-12, 03:01 PM
I am wondering the same thing

You can delete the original version, and just play the Valentines one. They are synced together, so the progress you make on one with show in the other. But if you try opening one soon after closing the other one, you may not see some things right away (new items purchased), and the goals may not be in the original one (yet).

smileme13
02-02-12, 11:53 AM
I did, but I do not receive the answer. I do not know they don't answer or I need to wait for few day? If wait, how long for the answer? I already waited for 3,4 days . Thank you so much.

Email support@teamlava.com

Give them the ID, in game name, and (if you know) how many gems you had in your old game. They will be able to help you transfer. Also, make sure you download all the games you had previously before doing the transfer, so all of them are transferred over :)

kooky panda
02-02-12, 12:08 PM
I did, but I do not receive the answer. I do not know they don't answer or I need to wait for few day? If wait, how long for the answer? I already waited for 3,4 days . Thank you so much.
If it has been over 5 business days, response back to the email with your ticket number on it to check the status of your request.

smileme13
02-03-12, 12:59 PM
If it has been over 5 business days, response back to the email with your ticket number on it to check the status of your request.
Finally, they transfered all to my new phone. Very happy with that. Thank you.

minizozo
02-17-12, 05:06 PM
I tried to log in with my original storm ID, but it would not let me use that ID, so now I cannot transfer. Is there another way I can do this or change the ID on the new phone. I am going from Android to IOS.

Any help will be appreciated. I know it will take a long time for TL to fix this, so if there is something I can do, that would be great!

Thanks in advance

kooky panda
02-17-12, 06:27 PM
I tried to log in with my original storm ID, but it would not let me use that ID, so now I cannot transfer. Is there another way I can do this or change the ID on the new phone. I am going from Android to IOS.

Any help will be appreciated. I know it will take a long time for TL to fix this, so if there is something I can do, that would be great!

Thanks in advance

You can email support@teamlava.com (support@teamlava.com) and they can transfer your games. Give them you storm ID, the level of one of the games that you play.
Make sure you download all the games you are playing to you new device, but do not set up a new storm ID.

you can try and transfer by Storm 8

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674)

nmishii
02-28-12, 06:32 PM
You can email support@teamlava.com (support@teamlava.com) and they can transfer your games. Give them you storm ID, the level of one of the games that you play.
Make sure you download all the games you are playing to you new device, but do not set up a new storm ID.

you can try and transfer by Storm 8

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?t=14674)

What happens if you don't download all the games you play before you transfer?

If you decide later to play one you didn't originally transfer, will you
1) be able to start a new game from scratch
2) have to transfer your old game over
3) be able to continue from where you left off on your old device
4) other, please explain

Is there a difference in the answers whether you create a new storm8 ID on your new device, or use a Storm8 game to transfer using your original storm8 ID?

Thanks

kooky panda
02-28-12, 07:26 PM
What happens if you don't download all the games you play before you transfer?

If you decide later to play one you didn't originally transfer, will you
1) be able to start a new game from scratch
2) have to transfer your old game over
3) be able to continue from where you left off on your old device
4) other, please explain

Is there a difference in the answers whether you create a new storm8 ID on your new device, or use a Storm8 game to transfer using your original storm8 ID?

Thanks
I am not 100% sure, support would have the correct answer to this question.

All I know from my experience is once when I was transferring my husband farm game to his new iphone, I accidentally put in the UDID code for my iphone instead of his new iphone.
All he had on his new device was farm.
I had 5 games on my iphone.

After the transfer he had my farm game(and my storm ID) on his iphone and I had his farm on my iphone (and his storm ID).
My other 4 games disappeared in limbo. On his old phone he had brand new farm game with no storm ID assigned.

When I transfered again, he got his farm on his new iphone, but even my farm disappeared and on my iphone I had 5 brand new games with no storm ID assigned.
I deleted all five games and redowloaded, but they all came back as new games with no storm ID assigned.

When I went to support, they had me set up a new storm ID on my iphone, then they went and found my 5 games under my old storm ID, and then transferred by Storm ID.

nmishii
02-28-12, 07:41 PM
Thanks. I'll ask Support. I already asked them two questions this week and was trying to avoid another.

If I don't get an answer I'll download them all before I transfer. All except Empire Story have extra gems from downloading other games. I'd rather not have to transfer them unless I decide to play, but it'll probably be a pain to try to find the games in the future.

Or I might download them all except Empire and see what happens if I try to transfer Empire in the future. I have nothing to lose on that game.

kooky panda
02-28-12, 09:24 PM
Thanks. I'll ask Support. I already asked them two questions this week and was trying to avoid another.

If I don't get an answer I'll download them all before I transfer. All except Empire Story have extra gems from downloading other games. I'd rather not have to transfer them unless I decide to play, but it'll probably be a pain to try to find the games in the future.

Or I might download them all except Empire and see what happens if I try to transfer Empire in the future. I have nothing to lose on that game.

sorry I could not help more, but I hate to guess and mess up any of your games. Hope you are up and running soon.

queentina3
02-28-12, 09:34 PM
nmishii, you can get a boatload of gems by downloading all the Storm 8 games AFTER you download the TL games. I disliked those games, but it was worth the download for all those extra gems. :p

I just deleted them afterwards and never installed them on the iPad, except for the 1 game I needed to get my own transfer going. :)

nmishii
02-28-12, 10:18 PM
Thanks. I was going to first try to transfer myself and that would be with the Storm8 ID I have now. I already got the gems for downloading Storm8 and TL games - will they give me gems again? I'll give it a shot regardless.

Or is it better to create a new storm8 ID and have TL transfer my games? They should transfer my database and do you think they'll recognize I already got the gems once?

I know if I started over with new games I'd get the gems, but I don't want to do that.

Li4Li
02-28-12, 10:36 PM
I have this game on my andriod phone, but I want to play on my kindle fire and transfer all my info on the kindle

nmishii
02-28-12, 10:55 PM
I have this game on my andriod phone, but I want to play on my kindle fire and transfer all my info on the kindle

See post 18. You can have Support do it for you or you can try to do it yourself. My plan is to try to do it myself first.

queentina3
02-28-12, 10:57 PM
nmishii, if you already got the gems you won't be able to get them again using the same device. On the new device you would if you created a new ID, but not on the same ID I don't think. Apple doesn't offer the free gems for downloading and I never transferred android-to-android, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

I personally think you should do the transfer yourself as it would get done quicker and you're computer/phone savvy enough to not have any problems. If I could do it, then you certainly can. :p

Li4Li, I would think since Kindle Fire is Android you also could do the transfer via the Storm 8 version, but I know NOTHING about Kindle Fire and wouldn't want there to be an issue with your game if something didn't go right. Kooky has a Kindle Fire so she may know if a transfer to that works well via the Storm 8 way. Are the Storm 8 games even available on the Amazon Market, as you need access to at least one of those to do the transfer yourself.

nmishii
02-28-12, 11:06 PM
Queentina, here's what I get from the instructions, is this what you did?

Install all TL games you play. You can log into them if you want, but don't enter a Storm8 ID.

Install any Storm8 game on the new device.
Play the Storm8 game to level 7 or 8, whichever level lets you transfer.
Enter your existing Storm8 ID, similar to how you do it in TL games.
Transfer your games from the Storm8 game.
Delete the Storm8 game.

So now you should be exactly where you were on your old device.

I was going to play Pets Live. It sounded the best based on the name.

queentina3
02-28-12, 11:45 PM
Yes, but there is a crucial step you missed.

If you have your old device OR know your old account's Storm8 ID information, you can do the transfer yourself with the following steps (steps 1 and 2 must be done BEFORE you lose access to your original device):

1. Open any Storm8 game (World War, iMobsters, Racing Live, Vampires Live, Kingdoms Live, Pets Live, Ninjas Live, Zombies Live, or Rock Battle Live).

2. Create a Storm8 ID and password for your original character on your OLD device if you haven't already (On the old device, visit HOME (available level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab). Make sure that you write down your Storm8 ID and password and store them in a secure location.

3. On your new device log into your previously created Storm8 ID. To do this, visit HOME (available level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab -> Begin Resume/Transfer button -> New, and from here you can enter your Storm8 ID and password and your characters will have moved to the new device.

Following Step 3 in just one of Storm8's games will instantly move ALL of your characters in both Storm8 and TeamLava games from your old device to your new device.

I bolded what I think you missed. Make sure whichever Storm 8 game you choose, you do from your old device first. I know the screen is cracked, but can it even function a little for you to be able to get to level 2 on any of their games? I think I used World War as it was simple, and I tried Pets Live but didn't like it. I didn't like any, but World War seemed quickest and easiest to get to Level 2 and Level 8.

nmishii
02-28-12, 11:55 PM
Oh, &#$@. I don't have my old device. I had to turn it in yesterday. I have replacement insurance so I'm getting a replacement phone and they wouldn't let me keep my old phone until the new one came in.

Oh well, I guess I have to have TL do my transfer. That'll add a few days onto my down time. Should have read the instructions. My bad.

Thanks for the info.

kooky panda
02-29-12, 05:56 AM
You will not be able to download any storm 8 games on your kindle, so to transfer from android to kindle fire, you will need to contact support.
Keep in mind, when you transfer that kindle fire only has Farm, Fashion, Bakery and Restaurant so if you play any other TL game on your android device, there could be issues when trying to transfer, you may lose the TL games that not supported for the kindle fire.
When you email support@teamlava.com make sure you tell them all the games you are playing on your android before having them transfer.

They may be able to just transfer the supported kindle games and leave the other games on your android device, but I am not sure.

kooky panda
02-29-12, 05:59 AM

Oh, &#$@. I don't have my old device. I had to turn it in yesterday. I have replacement insurance so I'm getting a replacement phone and they wouldn't let me keep my old phone until the new one came in.

Oh well, I guess I have to have TL do my transfer. That'll add a few days onto my down time. Should have read the instructions. My bad.

Thanks for the info.

bummer... yes you need a storm 8 password from you old device before attempting this. When you get your new phone, you may want to go ahead and set up a storm 8 password and keep it in case
you ever need it. I have not used the storm 8 transfer yet, but I went ahead and set a password for storm 8 just in case.