PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Gifts

laVirtualCloset
01-29-12, 06:58 PM
I've kept track of my gifts this week and my experience seems different from various threads I've read on the forum.

I only get a maximum of 20 gift notices per day. I'll explain . . .

It doesn't matter whether I accept, decline, or ignore the gift. Once the 20th entry comes in, I don't get anymore until the next day. Others seem to experience the ability to accept the items wanted, ignore the ones you don't and gifts continue populating in your news reader que until you've accepted 20.

Also, my news feeder only holds 10 at a time. Let's say gifts come in overnight. If the 11th gift comes in and I haven't accepted gift #1, then gift #1 rolls out never giving the ability to accepted/declined. Meaning that I end up with less than 20 opportunities to receive gifts.

Any suggestions or explanations would be greatly appreciated?

nmishii
01-29-12, 07:05 PM
I can accept and decline gifts until I reach 20. I don't like getting maxed out messages, so I don't want my neighbors to get them either. If its early in the day and I'm getting close to 20, I'll delete gifts and not accept the 20th until the late evening or later, if I can.

They changed the gift buffer to 10. Any that drop off go to gift heaven. The design is you should still be able to get more gifts until you reach 20. But I seem to get less gifts when I overflow the gift buffer and end the day closer to 10 gifts than 20, even though a small number dropped off. I think there might be something wrong, but not sure.

laVirtualCloset
01-29-12, 07:53 PM
I hear you but the design does not seem to be working in my case; I have ~ 200 neighbors and there are a good 30 who are dedicated gifters/tippers.

You and I are having different experiences. My max number is 20 regardless of whether I accept, decline, or ignore - once the 20th entry comes in there is nothing. I've even kept a list for the past 5 days recording which neighbor gifted and when. Let's say 20 come in and I accept 17 of them. I should be able to keep receiving until I've accepted 3 more. However, no more entries come for the rest of the day. In fact its gotten worse over the past two days since I've only received 10 entries instead of 20. One of those days I had to pull an all nighter for work and had the iPad out to monitor so I know its not because 10 went to "gift heaven" :-)