PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of making more money...?

kittycountess
01-28-12, 01:11 PM
...after you reach level 96 and go up to the highest expansion? Chances are your restaurant is stocked with all sorts of items and there isn't much you can add to it using coins. I'm at level 96, full expansion, and I have collected over 10,000,000 coins already with nowhere to spend it. At this point the only reason I keep cooking is to max out recipes and get the bonus gems. Maybe if TeamLava let people buy gems with coins (something like 1 gem for every 5,000,000 coins. Not being greedy or anything,) then older players would have more incentive to keep selling food and making money. Before, it used to be the expansion. Now I don't see a reason not to simply collect the food on counters and trow it away.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 01:21 PM
I too am a level 96 player, I have quite a lot of coins too. I do like not having to worry I won't have enough coins to purchase new coin items. TL give us both coin and gem options most weeks with updates. TL are a company that need to make profit to support there plans for the future and to develop new games. They run two platforms, so probably need a large staff base. Gems are profit for TL, I feel the players get lovely items for the gems so I enjoy purchasing them.
I don't think it would be feasible to swap coins for gems, because of the above reasons.

kittycountess
01-28-12, 04:28 PM
Not disputing TL's reasons to make money. I myself have bought a ton of gems and gem items. I just don't know what the point of earning more coins is if there's no longer anything useful to trade them for.

They gift two gems for every recipe you master. I don't think asking for 1 gem in exchange for five million coins would cause them to go bankrupt. It'll motivate more people to stay and play which means more possible gem purchases and more money for TL.

Rachael98
01-28-12, 04:30 PM
Well, hopefully the level and expansion caps will rise at some point, and they'll keep bringing out fab new content.