PDA

View Full Version : Don't ******* do this instead

missvampu
01-28-12, 01:07 PM
*******ing seems a little extreme would it not be simpler if we stopped buying the gems instead. It's a good game however you don't need to buy gems to enjoy the game. If we ******* spending our hard earned cash instead maybe someone will take notice and take our opinions and concerns on board

dj_delusional
01-28-12, 01:22 PM
good idea but i have no problem with the changes my food used to run out too quickly when i first started i just started small and built it up slowly but surely, if team lava make money thats fine with me its a business there to make money, you dont know how good youve got it, ive had bs and rs since day one and the amount of new things you get every week these days is amazing, i think young people start playing the game see what our bakery or restraurant is like and want it straight away it took me ages to get them the way they are now, it takes hard work we didnt just start playing and got everything straight away

barleycoon
01-28-12, 01:29 PM
I feel it's up to individual players to decide whether to purchase gems or not. I will remain in the buying gems group.
It's true the players can play all the games for just coins, some players like the limited time offers and new gem items released in the weekly updates. I feel the gem items are very well designed and really beautiful in many cases.

dj_delusional
01-28-12, 01:32 PM
barleycoon your right they work hard to make these new ideas yes they get some ideas from us but they have to design them that comes at a price i will still buy gems

bigbux3
01-28-12, 01:35 PM
I think to get back at us, they'll make all the good content worth gems, and a lot of gems! Or, they'll just make mostly gem items.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 01:40 PM
barleycoon your right they work hard to make these new ideas yes they get some ideas from us but they have to design them that comes at a price i will still buy gems

They do indeed, I love the fact TL use some of our ideas it's lovely seeing an item in the game that a player requested on here.

leadfoot
01-28-12, 01:50 PM
It's just a game. If you don't like the changes, then don't play. I've been playing for over a year and have been at level 96 for months. Yet there is still new content coming out and I'm still interested in playing. Yes, running out of food too soon is frustrating, but then it's a game. There's other stuff besides this game to get riled up about and this pales in comparison.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 01:53 PM
It's just a game. If you don't like the changes, then don't play. I've been playing for over a year and have been at level 96 for months. Yet there is still new content coming out and I'm still interested in playing. Yes, running out of food too soon is frustrating, but then it's a game. There's other stuff besides this game to get riled up about and this pales in comparison.

I agree, it is just a game if you don't like TL games don't play them. Find some games you do enjoy playing, would be a lot less stressful for you.

nmishii
01-28-12, 01:53 PM
The changes have not impacted me directly. I still have a lot of food. But I feel for those that the changes have impacted and those who have quit because of the changes. TL needs to make a change. I already don't buy gems. So I will not be playing all my games for a day.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 02:08 PM
The changes impacted my restaurant at first (I'm a high level player to) as I kept running out of food. however I've got it very well stocked again but my coin earnings are dismal. At this rate it'll take me months to complete my last expansion. I can only imagine how much harder it is for new players. TL messed up big time. I can imagine a lot of new players will start to play and quit when they realize how hard it is to keep stocked and earn coins.

Yes there are other games out there but TLs games r the best. A lot of us didn't say we didn't like the games, we said we don't like the changes. There is a difference. I'll be joining the event that can not be named as its not a sanctioned event ;-) As for gems I can't buy them right now anyways.

And frankly I'm sick and tired of people stating if u don't like the games then don't play. if it hadn't been for some people fighting to have the pre check list changed back to the way it was it may have not gotten done!

atlantisonearth
01-28-12, 02:12 PM

You may be right but we are all entitled to our opinion and are able to do what we feel is right. If you feel the need to quit; be my guest. However some people feel they need to protest and express thier opinion (thats what this forum was made for), therefore you have no right to disregard our opinion.

julia3032
01-28-12, 02:49 PM
Thank you! I've been playing these games since the day they came out! I've invested a lot of time and my hard earned cash! It's a big investment, so it's more than "just a game". I also have friends that I've made, good friends that are my neighbors that I enjoy. I'll stay and fight for the integrity of my game, which I have every right to do. I will participate in the event that cannot be named and I urge others to do so as well. Everyone has their choice and this is mine. I already stopped buying gems when so many were stolen from me.

pinkster73
01-28-12, 02:52 PM
Thank you! I've been playing these games since the day they came out! I've invested a lot of time and my hard earned cash! It's a big investment, so it's more than "just a game". I also have friends that I've made, good friends that are my neighbors that I enjoy. I'll stay and fight for the integrity of my game, which I have every right to do. I will participate in the event that cannot be named and I urge others to do so as well. Everyone has their choice and this is mine. I already stopped buying gems when so many were stolen from me.

I myself am not participating in that which cannot be named, but I fully understand those who do.

xSnowyOwlx
01-28-12, 02:53 PM
It's not going to work this way, either.

There's already players who never buy gems.
There's also players who spend hundreds each month and won't stop.

The only way this would work is if every single player of these games stopped buying gems. Since you won't be able to reach out to every single player AND stop any of them who do spend lots of money on the games from continuing to do so, it won't work.

I've never bought gems in Restaurant and don't really plan to until we see larger expansions - or the option to "expand" with a new restaurant while keeping our other restaurant as well - but I won't begrudge anyone the right to spend their money they way they want to.

julia3032
01-28-12, 02:55 PM
I myself am not participating in that which cannot be named, but I fully understand those who do.

It's not really the games that are being *******ed, it's TL's actions. Begging them to "please, please restore the game to what it used to be" will not do a thing. They did this to make more money. It's not about us at all. It never is. If you need to expand but you can't make enough coins, what do you do? Buy gems. That's what it is all about. Money.

pinkster73
01-28-12, 02:57 PM
It's not really the games that are being *******ed, it's TL's actions. Begging them to "please, please restore the game to what it used to be" will not do a thing. They did this to make more money. It's not about us at all. It never is. If you need to expand but you can't make enough coins, what do you do? Buy gems. That's what it is all about. Money.

True. But me, I only play farm.

julia3032
01-28-12, 02:59 PM
True. But me, I only play farm.

Ooh, sorry pinkster, i quoted the wrong post. Didn't mean to quote you.

pinkster73
01-28-12, 03:04 PM
Ooh, sorry pinkster, i quoted the wrong post. Didn't mean to quote you.

Oh ok :):):)

barleycoon
01-28-12, 03:15 PM
Surely by not playing your games, maybe it's hurting you more as a player than TL. Might it not be more helpful to explain the reasons to TL why your so unhappy with certain changes. Please don't take that to mean start more of the threads currently being locked. I do feel TL listen to player feedback, if players just stop playing their games for how ever long.
TL will not know the reasons why then, TL are not able to alter/give a response if no feedback is given if TL choose to do so. Everyone's view is important, all player's views are going to be different in some way. It's more important it's expressed in the first place.

143Blue
01-28-12, 03:18 PM
Surely by not playing your games, maybe it's hurting you more as a player than TL. Might it not be more helpful to explain the reasons to TL why your so unhappy with certain changes. Please don't take that to mean start more of the threads currently being locked. I do feel TL listen to player feedback, if players just stop playing their games for how ever long.
TL will not know the reasons why then, TL are not able to alter/give a response if no feedback is given if TL choose to do so. Everyone's view is important, all player's views are going to be different in some way. It's more important it's expressed in the first place.

TL doesnt listen to the things they can make money off of
if u dont think so but thats what they are telling us by thier actions right now
u never really see the things they can make money off of get fixed, ex. gem comformation:(

queentina3
01-28-12, 03:20 PM

Well that has already been done, over and over and over again. The pricing/qty changes have been talked to death. Confirmation button has been talked to death. Many problems players face, that are never resolved but asked for, have been talked to death with no resolution.

We've given our feedback and they haven't made the changes or even stated if they are considering making changes, so to us as players, we have to assume they AREN'T listening or just DON'T CARE.

Just as an FYI, for those that state if we don't like the changes just play a different game. Well for Androids there isn't a different gaming company that supplies something like Bakery or Restaurant. I know, I've looked extensively. Yes there are games out there, but not like these. Zoo and Farm have competition, hence why I don't play TL games for those, I use the other competitor. I'm still waiting on the day they supply something or Android for Bakery, Restaurant, or Fashion because if TL hasn't made some changes by then, I'll being "moving on", as the saying goes.

nmishii
01-28-12, 03:21 PM
There have been multiple threads and polls providing TL with feedback of their recent changes. I'm not sure how people could have missed those threads.

143Blue
01-28-12, 03:22 PM

right!! when i first started gem sales were every week but now we haven had one in a LONG time.
they dont really care or if they do they're just not showing it and giving everyone the hint they're a greedy company who just wants to make money.
well, at least thier advertising doesnt say satisfaction gareenteed since they not giving most ppl any.:(

imnotbernard959
01-28-12, 03:22 PM
i wouldnt mind buying gems if it werent such a rip off. if TL cant pay its employees then we wouldnt have games. but i personally believe TL can make a lot more money by selling gems much cheaper (50 gems for $.99, 150 gems for $1.50, etc). there are many players out there like me that simply dont buy gems because its such a rip off. in other games, online currency is much cheaper and i dont mind paying for those at all. everyone needs money and they dont charge us for the game.

until then, i will continue to rely on new recipes for gems

elon402
01-28-12, 03:24 PM
Why is it that there r no gem sales anymore, I haven't
seen one in over a most?

143Blue
01-28-12, 03:24 PM
Just as an FYI, for those that state if we don't like the changes just play a different game. Well for Androids there isn't a different gaming company that supplies something like Bakery or Restaurant. I know, I've looked extensively. Yes there are games out there, but not like these. Zoo and Farm have competition, hence why I don't play TL games for those, I use the other competitor. I'm still waiting on the day they supply something or Android for Bakery, Restaurant, or Fashion because if TL hasn't made some changes by then, I'll being "moving on", as the saying goes.

facebook has restauraunt story and stuff...... i think they copied each other cause thats how i found TL games....

elon402
01-28-12, 03:25 PM
Sorry... month

143Blue
01-28-12, 03:26 PM
i wouldnt mind buying gems if it werent such a rip off. if TL cant pay its employees then we wouldnt have games. but i personally believe TL can make a lot more money by selling gems much cheaper (50 gems for $.99, 150 gems for $1.50, etc). there are many players out there like me that simply dont buy gems because its such a rip off. in other games, online currency is much cheaper and i dont mind paying for those at all. everyone needs money and they dont charge us for the game.

i forgot which TL game since i dont play it but i looked in the in app purchases and u could buy like 4 gems for $.99! to me thats really expensive.......

atlantisonearth
01-28-12, 03:30 PM

But heres the thing: they dont care about your personal opinion (let alone nearly every member on the forum). They lock every thread which is about the Event That Shall Not Be Named because they know they lose money and they will do anything to make sure it stops. Anything that has potential to loose a few dollars is no question, going to be locked (judging by the amount of threads that have already been locked on the Event That Shall Not Be Named).

queentina3
01-28-12, 03:33 PM
facebook has restauraunt story and stuff...... i think they copied each other cause thats how i found TL games....

I was thinking more in the Android Market. I don't use Facebook. *sigh* Maybe I should start looking in the Amazon Android Market......hmmmmm

ultrafrog
01-28-12, 03:37 PM
The only way this would work is if every single player of these games stopped buying gems. Since you won't be able to reach out to every single player AND stop any of them who do spend lots of money on the games from continuing to do so, it won't work.

I've never bought gems in Restaurant and don't really plan to until we see larger expansions - or the option to "expand" with a new restaurant while keeping our other restaurant as well - but I won't begrudge anyone the right to spend their money they way they want to.

This thought process is wrong.

Every player that decides to not buy gems because TL does not listen to feedback has a very REAL effect on the company. Each and every player that is no longer buying gems is making a difference to their bottom line.

It's the greatest power as a player that we have.

Our feedback on the forums is not enough, it's far too easy for them to simply ignore us as they have for months. TL provides an outlet for our complaints, but does nothing to make changes.

The complaints aren't about the weekly updates which are mostly great, but about the issues that we have all been dealing with like gem traps.

TL doesn't have the players' best interest in mind, only their own to make money.

julia3032
01-28-12, 03:53 PM
This thought process is wrong.

Every player that decides to not buy gems because TL does not listen to feedback has a very REAL effect on the company. Each and every player that is no longer buying gems is making a difference to their bottom line.

It's the greatest power as a player that we have.

Our feedback on the forums is not enough, it's far too easy for them to simply ignore us as they have for months. TL provides an outlet for our complaints, but does nothing to make changes.

The complaints aren't about the weekly updates which are mostly great, but about the issues that we have all been dealing with like gem traps.

TL doesn't have the players' best interest in mind, only their own to make money.

Bravo! It is the greatest power we have! We didn't used to have weekly updates either, even though they promised them right from jump street. It was actions like these and ppl not buying gems that helped bring that about!

pastrychef17
01-28-12, 04:43 PM
I'm not joining The Event but mostly because I don't think it'll matter to TL at all and will only hurt my neighbors if I don't tip, gift or accept their goal requests tomorrow. But I'll honor those who are taking tomorrow off by not tipping or gifting them (if you would consider that "honoring". I also won't proactively tip and gift like I normally do but will tip and gift back those who do because they shouldn't be punished for how TL changed the game and people's reaction to it. I've already decided not to buy gems anymore because of these changes and I think that'll have much more of a long term impact that not playing for a day. But each of us has to decide what to do and what's right for them. Based on what I'm seeing on everyone's walls, sounds like a lot of people won't be playing tomorrow.

pinkster73
01-28-12, 04:45 PM
I'm not joining The Event but mostly because I don't think it'll matter to TL at all and will only hurt my neighbors if I don't tip, gift or accept their goal requests tomorrow. But I'll honor those who are taking tomorrow off by not tipping or gifting them (if you would consider that "honoring". I also won't proactively tip and gift like I normally do but will tip and gift back those who do because they shouldn't be punished for how TL changed the game and people's reaction to it. I've already decided not to buy gems anymore because of these changes and I think that'll have much more of a long term impact that not playing for a day. But each of us has to decide what to do and what's right for them. Based on what I'm seeing on everyone's walls, sounds like a lot of people won't be playing tomorrow.

Alright so its just me and you then? We can visit back and forth :p

missvampu
01-28-12, 05:05 PM
Just look at these limited ed items being put up. On farm they are cool like the fox. I was happy with the fox as it was only 24 gems. That's still 2.99 uk pounds however that little fox will pull in money for you every so hours. But in bakery I think it is A fountain which is 54 gems. U would need to buy the 6.99 gem pack for that. It's not worth it. I love the games and will buy gems when all this is over but lets remind TL that it's not about them. That without us they would have no pockets to line. I just hope we dent their pockets hard with this event. And they stop with the pop ups. I dl the pet shop it was nothing to write home about. However I felt like I needed to dl so the pop ups would stop. Let's face it their are only 3 top games worth playing.

julia3032
01-28-12, 05:24 PM

Yes, I am sorry not to tip you this weekend, pastry chef, since you are one of my favorite nbrs! So please forgive me for that. I will be extra attentive next week to all my neighbors to try to make up for it. I hope those who are not participating understand. Your decision to not buy gems will certainly have a greater financial impact than the event that cannot be named. However, sometimes it is necessary to do certain things, to bond together and fight for what is right and sometimes an event like this helps that along.

missvampu
01-28-12, 05:30 PM
I usually delete any Nbrs who don't pull their weight. After playing all three games over a year now I get cranky with the freeloaders which is why I only add those who have 3/4 rating. Once they get down to 2 I delete unless on holiday etc. Since I try to tip all my 89 Nbrs with around the same amount on each game it can be exhausting and sometimes I take a break for a day but I never let my rating go under 4 the last time it was i freaked but I was ill. however I won't be deleting for over a week as I understand those who want a say. I've been annoyed at TL for a while now so I'm excited to see how it pans out.

julia3032
01-28-12, 05:35 PM
Some of my best neighbors are only a 2 ranking and I slip down there myself as I fall ill a lot. None of my neighbors has ever deleted me for slipping to a 2. I go by their friendliness and willingness to send me what I need when they can and quickly accepting my goal requests if they get them. If they miss a day in tipping me, I don't trip over it. Sometimes I miss a day myself.

missvampu
01-28-12, 05:42 PM
I did put up a thread asking why my food was running out quick on RS but not on BS and it was never resolved. I've had to spend gems to get bigger as I basically have a huge square of tables as if I don't I get full to quick and everyone knows Nbrs that are always full tends to irritate people which is why I have so many tables. I have to block my door to store food. I once noticed 10,000 lobster go in 32 mins. It's terrible.

missvampu
01-28-12, 05:57 PM
Some of my best neighbors are only a 2 ranking and I slip down there myself as I fall ill a lot. None of my neighbors has ever deleted me for slipping to a 2. I go by their friendliness and willingness to send me what I need when they can and quickly accepting my goal requests if they get them. If they miss a day in tipping me, I don't trip over it. Sometimes I miss a day myself.

I understand that. I have 3 Nbrs who are at 2 but that's because they don't have a lot of Nbrs and they can never go past rating 2 without tipping the community Nbrs to do so. And it's hard work getting up to 3 or 4 tipping just 3 tables at a time.
So I understand the people who like to keep only 10-20 Nbrs. It's the ones whO have loads. When I was ill once I only tipped off my wall and I still managed to stay at 4. And it's very easy to get at three. Those normally on 2 don't tip bk right away. It's the people come on to clear their tables and not even look at their wall that annoys me the most. I have accidentally deleted Nbrs who I thought did not tip bk when in fact they were doing so but did not leave a comment so now I look at well but it updates so fast that I miss them so I encourage people to leave a comment. People think leaving a comment is extra time but it doesn't have to be. I quickly tap 6 tables and go straight to wall press t for tip or f for full or when the emoji is working I leave a money bag or 6. So that way your not spending time writing txt. Or you can write txt but paste it on every wall and by the time you have pressed send and come out all your tables are tipped and your stars have already been collected automatically for you. It's a lot quicker than not leaving a comment as you need to wait for tables then collect the stars. And at least people know you've stopped by especially those who can't keep up with their news. I one told someone this and they did not even know there was a quicker way to tip comment and collect stars. The same with farm I harvest then go straight to news or a friends farm when I come bk everything's been collected rather than waiting for each square to harvest.

thetink27
01-28-12, 06:08 PM
If people want to participate in a blackout/******* against TL then it should be for more than just one day. What about a week? Sunday to Sunday. That is what I am going to do. I an doing it because it definitely is harder to make enough money to level up and expand in BS... I think the point would get across better with a longer time of not playing.

julia3032
01-28-12, 06:13 PM
If people want to participate in a blackout/******* against TL then it should be for more than just one day. What about a week? Sunday to Sunday. That is what I am going to do. I an doing it because it definitely is harder to make enough money to level up and expand in BS... I think the point would get across better with a longer time of not playing.

Well, suit yourself, but I not playing for a week doesn't really cost them money. The event which cannot be named is good for making a point. The only thing to do to long term is to hit them in the wallet. Don't buy gems. period. That is really the only thing that speaks to them.

mimidori
01-28-12, 06:23 PM
I agree with ultrafrog that stop buying gems is much more effective than stop playing for a day. I respect those who choose to join, but many people, often those who are posting everywhere about the event, are still cooking (mostly almond cookies) and letting customers in. So basically they aren't really participating. IMO, a lot of people who care enough to organise these types of events find it difficult to quit playing/buying for long. Otherwise I dont think they would bother. That's why if I'm TL, I won't be too worried.

I want to be heard too, but I'm not prepared to loose more earnings on top of all these changes and bugs and miss out on beautiful goal prizes. Although I don't like the changes I understand TL's love for money. If we can make their revenue drop, I believe they'll change back immediately, no need to remind them.

nmishii
01-28-12, 06:50 PM
I agree with ultrafrog that stop buying gems is much more effective than stop playing for a day. I respect those who choose to join, but many people, often those who are posting everywhere about the event, are still cooking (mostly almond cookies) and letting customers in. So basically they aren't really participating. IMO, a lot of people who care enough to organise these types of events find it difficult to quit playing/buying for long. Otherwise I dont think they would bother. That's why if I'm TL, I won't be too worried.

I want to be heard too, but I'm not prepared to loose more earnings on top of all these changes and bugs and miss out on beautiful goal prizes. Although I don't like the changes I understand TL's love for money. If we can make their revenue drop, I believe they'll change back immediately, no need to remind them.

I let my recipes that I started last night finish this morning and I have nothing cooking or baking in RS and BS. My doors are blocked. What I didn't do is put away my tables. In Farm I harvested my crops today and now have plowed fields. But I did not put away my trees. I didn't want to tear a part my restaurant, bakery and farm, but I am closed now.

mimidori
01-28-12, 07:03 PM
I let my recipes that I started last night finish this morning and I have nothing cooking or baking in RS and BS. My doors are blocked. What I didn't do is put away my tables. In Farm I harvested my crops today and now have plowed fields. But I did not put away my trees. I didn't want to tear a part my restaurant, bakery and farm, but I am closed now.

Then that's the way it should be. Although I'm not joining I find this very interesting. Was disapponited when I have 100+ neighbours, not much compared to the whole community, and don't see much change. We are supposed to have no activity at all. If I'm not impressed, how could TL?

nmishii
01-28-12, 07:26 PM
Then that's the way it should be. Although I'm not joining I find this very interesting. Was disapponited when I have 100+ neighbours, not much compared to the whole community, and don't see much change. We are supposed to have no activity at all. If I'm not impressed, how could TL?

Many of my neighbors posted that they will be closed this weekend. When I closed my restaurant and bakery shortly before midnight GMT, I hadn't had a visit or gift for 2-3 hrs. Unfortunately I cannot check to see what its like now.

queentina3
01-28-12, 07:33 PM
Many of my neighbors posted that they will be closed this weekend. When I closed my restaurant and bakery shortly before midnight GMT, I hadn't had a visit or gift for 2-3 hrs. Unfortunately I cannot check to see what its like now.

Both BS and RS is slowing down significantly. I haven't had a gift, tip, or message for many hours now.

mimidori
01-28-12, 07:35 PM
There's no way to know how it looks to TL. If you guy suceed, everyone including TL owe you a big thanks!!

jvrichie
01-28-12, 07:40 PM
Just to clarify, the primary complaints can be summed up as 1. the gem traps on certain platforms. 2. The proven reduction in servings on quite a few menu items - which gives us less servings for the same amount of coins and 3. The fact that, yes, you can play the game without ever buying gems, but lets be honest here - the best items you can get are only available with gems.

And to expand on the gem issue, even though you can play the game without gems its a serious hardship to raise the two million then three etc just to expand your floor. Then you have the issue of being able to trade gems for coins but not coins for gems - no matter how many coins you have.

TL could make this a fairer setup and still make plenty of money. If they keep us happy we will encourage others to play and increase TL's revenue but the opposite is also true - if they keep ticking off their customers we will tell people to not play and TL will lose revenue.

Every successful company out there knows this but TL is being blinded by their greed to the consequences they are causing as is evidenced by the growing disatisfaction of its customers.

The power to fix this is in TL's hands and its a simple and cheaper solution than what is happening now.

jvrichie
01-28-12, 07:43 PM
*Update: I agree with what many here are saying, there is a definite slowdown on RS and BS. I have 75+ neighbors on BS and 100+ on RS and I haven't received any notifications on the tablet I use.

Of course I don't want to logon to check for fear of spoiling it! lol

jvrichie
01-28-12, 07:51 PM
One more quick comment. I agree that not buying gems is a good long-term strategy but this should also be a quick jolt to get their attention a little. I run several websites and the basic structure of every site - even large, gaming ones like this - are similar. When there is any slowdown or spike in my visitors or users I notice immediately.

Believe me, they see this. The question is, will they ignore it or do something about it. My bet is that they'll do something. As a company they'll be motivated more by a desire to not lose money than by some sort of petty revenge.

Besides, if they ignore it, it will grow and if they cut us out of the forums we'll simply move to FB or spread the word to our neighbors with messages.

I'm cautiously hopeful.

julia3032
01-28-12, 08:07 PM
One more quick comment. I agree that not buying gems is a good long-term strategy but this should also be a quick jolt to get their attention a little. I run several websites and the basic structure of every site - even large, gaming ones like this - are similar. When there is any slowdown or spike in my visitors or users I notice immediately.

Believe me, they see this. The question is, will they ignore it or do something about it. My bet is that they'll do something. As a company they'll be motivated more by a desire to not lose money than by some sort of petty revenge.

Besides, if they ignore it, it will grow and if they cut us out of the forums we'll simply move to FB or spread the word to our neighbors with messages.

I'm cautiously hopeful.

Great post! me likey.

julia3032
01-28-12, 08:12 PM

I saw this as an opportunity to make 2 day recipes so I don't run out of food. I tipped/gifted all my nbrs, attended to their requests, blocked my door and shut off the lights. I hope that is not considered *****ing, but there's nothing I can do about it now if it is.

nmishii
01-28-12, 08:24 PM
I saw this as an opportunity to make 2 day recipes so I don't run out of food. I tipped/gifted all my nbrs, attended to their requests, blocked my door and shut off the lights. I hope that is not considered *****ing, but there's nothing I can do about it now if it is.

This is the first time I've closed my restaurant and bakery in a long time. I'm actually hoping for a quick sale when I open. I have too much food.

I also tipped/watered/gifted all my neighbors in 3 games and left wall posts on each neighbor's wall and mine saying I'll be closed. I accepted every material request. I am on Android so I can't help my neighbors with goals but I do feel bad I won't be able to help the ones who aren't *******ing build their constructables or send them extra food.

iusedtobedigusr
01-28-12, 08:26 PM

I did the same thing in Farm and Zoo2, I think it doesn't matter if something growing. I think it's the # of login's to the games themselves that will catch TL's interest if anything will and enough people do it. I know on a weekend I switch between 6 different games and the 2 newest to collect like every 3-5 minutes while I'm home to do it, so just on me they lost 100's of login's that they use for their stats.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 08:28 PM
Oops I'm in a different time zone and didn't think it was 12 am in the states yet. Sadly I just went into my BS, RS and farm to store my tables, appliances and dig up my crop and plow but didn't plant in preparation of the event. After reading posts about others doing that I thought it was a good idea and wanted to do the same. Originally I had put 2 day items out. Though I'll confess I did leave 5 of my ice cream makers cooking as its for a goal and requires 2 day icecream. Just wasn't willing to restart that part of the goal on Monday. I won't be logging into the game again till Monday night my time. Sorry guys lol I though it wasn't time for the event yet and thought I had time to quickly do that before it started. Wouldn't have done it otherwise.

nmishii
01-28-12, 08:33 PM
Oops I'm in a different time zone and didn't think it was 12 am in the states yet. Sadly I just went into my BS, RS and farm to store my tables, appliances and dig up my crop and plow but didn't plant in preparation of the event. After reading posts about others doing that I thought it was a good idea and wanted to do the same. Originally I had put 2 day items out. Though I'll confess I did leave 5 of my ice cream makers cooking as its for a goal and requires 2 day icecream. Just wasn't willing to restart that part of the goal on Monday. I won't be logging into the game again till Monday night my time. Sorry guys lol I though it wasn't time for the event yet and thought I had time to quickly do that before it started. Wouldn't have done it otherwise.

Its not 12 am here yet. Its 7:30 pm to me, and 10:30 on the east coast. The ******* is Jan 29 GMT. So I stopped at 4 pm PST and will start up again after 4 pm tomorrow. But it doesn't matter. You are participating for almost the entire time.

julia3032
01-28-12, 08:36 PM

I don't think it's a problem. As iusetobedigusr just stated, it's the number of logins. It's only 10:30 PM EST here and 7:30 PM PST. The event officially starts at midnight. Some of us started early.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 08:37 PM
Phew it's 10:35 am Sunday here but I thought the event was to take place at 12 am states time so hopefully didn't mess up too bad. Anyways I wasn't playing just finishing off closing up which took not even 2 mins and was out and am logged off games now permanently till after work tomorrow (6:00pm Thailand time)

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 08:38 PM
Ok good then it sounds like I did close up early. That's a relief.

julia3032
01-28-12, 08:39 PM
This is the first time I've closed my restaurant and bakery in a long time. I'm actually hoping for a quick sale when I open. I have too much food.

I also tipped/watered/gifted all my neighbors in 3 games and left wall posts on each neighbor's wall and mine saying I'll be closed. I accepted every material request. I am on Android so I can't help my neighbors with goals but I do feel bad I won't be able to help the ones who aren't *******ing build their constructables or send them extra food.

i haven't had to close my restaurant until this change started. Now I close it at night. I've been able to keep Bakery open, but it might get to the point where I have to close it too. I may end up closing RS unless they change it back.

casadolce
01-28-12, 08:57 PM
I have invested only a very small amount of money buying gems in these games. I have reached level 96 in most of my games and have more coins than I can spend. Therefore the recent changes have very little impact on me.

Having said that, I really appreciate those who make noise on this forum demanding improvements from TL. These are the same people who helped cause many great improvements in the past.

So, for those who say "I have money to spend so I don't care, if you don't like it don't play", please take a moment to reflect, without your fellow players' voices, would you be enjoying these games as much as you are today? These recent changes may not have a direct impact on you, but what about the next one? And the next next one? If these people drop out of the games, who's going to fight for your benefits next time? Next time you make a noise, who's going to support you?

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 09:00 PM
I have invested only a very small amount of money buying gems in these games. I have reached level 96 in most of my games and have more coins than I can spend. Therefore the recent changes have very little impact on me.

Having said that, I really appreciate those who make noise on this forum demanding improvements from TL. These are the same people who helped cause many great improvements in the past.

So, for those who say "I have money to spend so I don't care, if you don't like it don't play", please take a moment to reflect, without your fellow players' voices, would you be enjoying these games as much as you are today? These recent changes may not have a direct impact on you, but what about the next one? And the next next one? If these people drop out of the games, who's going to fight for your benefits next time? Next time you make a noise, who's going to support you?

Well said :-)

julia3032
01-28-12, 09:05 PM

Bravo! Oh, so well said! The last time I was involved in something like this it was over the "free weekly updates"! We now have weekly updates in the major games so that is an improvement, but it is a fought-for improvement!

nmishii
01-28-12, 09:12 PM

I am Level 96 in my games and have more coins than I can spend. I have too much food on my counters in RS and BS. I have not been directly affected by the RS and BS changes, but I have some neighbors and friends on the forum who have been. And its a matter of time before it will affect me. I am supporting the *******.

I have been fighting for Android parity for a long time. While the ******* is not for that issue, I hope that the outcome somehow helps Androids as well.

lanicefaith
01-28-12, 09:43 PM
Ive been playing now for almost a year I'm in the 80's for bs and rs,I've also bought gems.I am participating in the *******,becuz I love playing the game and the changes have become ridiculous,I know how to strategize but they've taken that away,blackouts let's them knw we care about the game,and it matters websites shout down if they don't get enough hits,and end you didn't notice most of all the new items are gem items anyway,I can live without gem items,but to strategize the game so that your customers feel unimportant is just greed,I understand they want to make money,where do you think it comes from?? I love the games but some changes have gone to far

dria_91
01-28-12, 09:49 PM

Totally agree! some of the people who are at higher levels are basically telling us lower leveled people not to play if we don't like the game. I'm currently at level 47 and at this level i shouldn't have a problem with keeping my counters stocked. With these changes I have to close shop every night so that my cooked food won't disappear by morning. Me and the other people who are addressing this problem LOVE the game but we HATE the changes that have been made. If you are saying the changes that have been made doesn't affect you at all, good for you. But don't be self-centered and tell us other people to basically shut up about it. I myself will not be participating in the "event that shall not be named" but i give kudos to all the people that will be. Hopefully we'll see some changes really soon. lol i honestly can't stay away from the game even though i am pretty discouraged about the changes! Oh and feel free to add me on RS & BS id: Dria_91

lanicefaith
01-28-12, 09:50 PM
I am Level 96 in my games and have more coins than I can spend. I have too much food on my counters in RS and BS. I have not been directly affected by the RS and BS changes, but I have some neighbors and friends on the forum who have been. And its a matter of time before it will affect me. I am supporting the *******.

I have been fighting for Android parity for a long time. While the ******* is not for that issue, I hope that the outcome somehow helps Androids as well.

I started on my droid phone and then got an iPad,I know where your coming from it isn't fair droids are being treated like step children,again tl doing what they want not what is best for the long run,I wrk in customer service,I'm a hairstylist, I know how to give my clients what they ask for in a reasonable and respectful way,it's about common ground,major companies have fallen due to terrible service!!!

lanicefaith
01-28-12, 09:55 PM
Rock on Dria!!! Support the cause of happy playing! This a theraputic place for me,and it's been tainted I'm no lower level player,so stop saying if udont line it stop playing,that's a very immature statement

dria_91
01-28-12, 10:13 PM
Rock on Dria!!! Support the cause of happy playing! This a theraputic place for me,and it's been tainted I'm no lower level player,so stop saying if udont line it stop playing,that's a very immature statement Yea it is a really immature statement. Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean that it's the same story for another player. It will start to affect all players sooner or later.

lanicefaith
01-28-12, 10:21 PM
Thnx Dria! I'm adding on Monday! My my time zone is pacific so I'm *******ing for the cause! I play bs and rs so I'll add u to both!

dria_91
01-28-12, 10:40 PM
Thnx Dria! I'm adding on Monday! My my time zone is pacific so I'm *******ing for the cause! I play bs and rs so I'll add u to both!
I just added you on both! No worries lol see you on Monday then :)

missvampu
01-28-12, 10:41 PM
Nobody has posted on way wall since I closed up. I do have food cooking on both games they end on Monday but All tables are gone and i locked the door with the thing that the greeter uses. Forgot the name. I did get one person asking to add them but I deleted it. It's like a dead area now. I think the word has gotten out. On farm though it seems to not have had the same effect. More people play farm than anything else. I did try to spread the word to over 200 if not more peeps on farm. And some did not know who TL was. I found that astonishing. I have a thread on farm discussions that I posted on my walls so People can read about the event.

I like most of the changes of the game. People say they want it to go back to the way it was. What we got no updates and if we did they were far and few. We had no new cooking appliances. And they have recently started giving us holiday goals ok some of them are not achievable. And I did gripe at the one where we needed to spend 24 gems on a penguin in order to finish the goal. Goals that require gems is a rip off. However I have now did 3 of the goals it's the one with the lobster that's hard as it takes to long. Heck some people were still trying to do the Xmas goals way after I finished them.

It's the ads the pop ups. The continued rate this game. Without even a option to never show it again. Since we have seen the ad there is no need to keep showing it we should have a say. It's when you press the wrong button when collecting tips and you click the counters instead and end up spending 65 gems to finish your cooking quicker without the option to say oops I made a mistake no I don't want to do that. The pop ups for the limited ed items that you sometimes click on by mistake and if you are lucky and there is no room for it your ok but if you click again by accident your done for. It's the prices of items that you have to spend gems on. For example if I wanted to tile my whole floor in a tile that costs 1 gem it would cost me 227 gems. And that's me not at full expansion. Speaking of expansion. You need millions of cash to get there to. It's all these things. Not the new changes but most of all it's 10,000 lobster going in roughly 32 mins. That's what most people ate fighting for. The speed the food is going at. And I have noticed when I come back and earn 50,000 cash sometimes I lose it. And I have to sell furniture if i am running low as no way am I giving them gems for a measly 10.000 cash.

What we need as I said at the beginning of this thread is to stop buying gems. That will hurt them more. I only found out about the event tonight. I fertilised my whole farm so I could not have people watering. What we need Is a month or so getting the word round rather than a last minute thing. People don't want to stop playing but people can live with not buying gems for a week or two even a month. And I'm worse than most I spend about 10-15 pounds on gems a week. However if it helped TL see not to treat us like fools and they actually listen to us then it's worth it. Let's make it happen people if they don't listen

missvampu
01-28-12, 10:57 PM
FYI I am really really surprised my thread has not been taken down since others have.

julia3032
01-28-12, 11:09 PM
Please do not log into your games! That defeats the purpose of part of the event. Not buying gems in the long run is very important, but especially tomorrow we don't want them to see much, if any activity. Every time you log into your game, whether your door is blocked or not, it shows as activity to TL. So please refrain from checking your walls until the event is over.

missvampu
01-28-12, 11:11 PM
I never thought about that. Do they have some sort of counter that can tell how many ppl are playing. What am I saying of coarse they do as they need that to see if when they have made changes more ppl are logging in or not. I won't go in again.

lanicefaith
01-28-12, 11:29 PM
Havent logged in since last night,stored tables,no replanting,covered floors,and well fashion was hard, can't store racks or counters or else I'll loose everything,and I won't be buying anymore gems!and yes they do track who's on part of popularity hits

lizziexmw
01-29-12, 02:28 AM

I totally agree. This is a game, but people do invest a lot of time and cash. Players have every right to complain or *******.

ljsae
01-29-12, 09:52 AM
I agree..I never buy gems...mostly because anytime I have they've been stolen by the stupid pop ups and mystery boxes. I totally feel scammed by TL and frankly I'm getting sick of it...

ksbmommy
01-29-12, 04:41 PM
Alright so its just me and you then? We can visit back and forth :p

Well since we aren't neighbors I can't visit and say HI!!!

I'm not *******ing today for some reasons mentioned but I've slowed back the gem purchases. I was a free spender and didn't think twice if I liked something. I've really cut back on purchasing them and am determined to spend only what is in my account at this point.

I would say at least 1/2 of my neighbors on all of my games are *******ing today. I have not posted on my neighbors walls that are so others can see the messages they have left. Any neighbor that has a question on the wall asking what it means I've pointed them over here for some education.

sumnboutme
01-29-12, 04:49 PM
I'm not either. And I think only 2 of my neighbors are.

Just_Ducky
01-29-12, 05:58 PM

Thank you so much casadolce, this is the exact point that is the reasoning behind why I first told my neighbours that I would no longer spend what little disposable income I have on these games, that I would not play for a day which has become the Event That Cannot Be Named (love it!). (I must say I'm extremely overwhelmed at the response, I was only trying to help my own close neighbours to see the changes that were affecting game play). But TL needs to heed the voice of their end users, because although there are some that feel this is unnecessary or extreme it is not just about the current changes. (I respect those that don't agree, that is their choice, as this was my choice, it is and always was, each players choice in both IF and HOW they choose to make their voice heard. Not one person was forced or coerced into joining, although I have been accused of mind control via my iPhone, impressive aren't I?? LOL )

It is about the requests long time players have asked for over and over again for the past year and more but have been arbitrarily ignored. Purchase confirmation buttons, particularly where gems are concerned. The ability to block players that are abusive, harassing and/or spamming. The ability to delete pending invites for those that are obviously no longer playing. It is about making game play not nearly as enjoyable and nearly like a full time job to keep up. It is about listening to the customer, Business 101 - the customer pays the bills. If we don't speak now, like you said, what more changes may come about? Maybe they'll get rid of the coin system entirely and we have to buy gems to play at all. Who knows? They've not had a sale on gems in over a month, but the best items can only be obtained by gems. I didn't mind contributing some of my money to a game I've thoroughly enjoyed and where I've met some excellent people, but I do mind after paying my mere $50 out that I am still bombarded by ads when most of the other apps have a "pro" version where you pay a minimal amount to not have ads. It is about the people that have contributed large sums of real money so that the rest of us can enjoy these stories, games have ceased to be relaxing and enjoyable, and they too are being spammed by TL ads to play the latest and greatest. I play 3 stories, it took me minimum 2 hours per game per day to take care of my property and my neighbours. I had to cut back as it was and schedule days for each game. Why? Because most of us actually have a life outside of the stories, some of us have families and homes and jobs that need our attention. Now it's even harder to keep up. It's about all of these things.

Even as an iPhone user, I also made statements about the parity for Android that nmishii mentioned. Why would I do that? Because I was recommending the game to friends with Androids not knowing it wasn't nearly as good for them as for Apple users. I can't recommend this game in it's present state, I just can't, not to anyone with any "compatible" device, it would be far to difficult for new users to level up and that's just not fair. Thank you all so much for your amazing support, again, I had no idea it would go this big but I'm proud of everyone for standing up for what they believe in, including those that don't agree with it, by all means stand up for that as well. What the world needs is more people that will take a stand for what they believe in :). I can respect that, no matter which side of the fence you sit on. Rock on and God Bless!!

julia3032
01-29-12, 08:16 PM
Thank you so much casadolce, this is the exact point that is the reasoning behind why I first told my neighbours that I would no longer spend what little disposable income I have on these games, that I would not play for a day which has become the Event That Cannot Be Named (love it!). (I must say I'm extremely overwhelmed at the response, I was only trying to help my own close neighbours to see the changes that were affecting game play). But TL needs to heed the voice of their end users, because although there are some that feel this is unnecessary or extreme it is not just about the current changes. (I respect those that don't agree, that is their choice, as this was my choice, it is and always was, each players choice in both IF and HOW they choose to make their voice heard. Not one person was forced or coerced into joining, although I have been accused of mind control via my iPhone, impressive aren't I?? LOL )

It is about the requests long time players have asked for over and over again for the past year and more but have been arbitrarily ignored. Purchase confirmation buttons, particularly where gems are concerned. The ability to block players that are abusive, harassing and/or spamming. The ability to delete pending invites for those that are obviously no longer playing. It is about making game play not nearly as enjoyable and nearly like a full time job to keep up. It is about listening to the customer, Business 101 - the customer pays the bills. If we don't speak now, like you said, what more changes may come about? Maybe they'll get rid of the coin system entirely and we have to buy gems to play at all. Who knows? They've not had a sale on gems in over a month, but the best items can only be obtained by gems. I didn't mind contributing some of my money to a game I've thoroughly enjoyed and where I've met some excellent people, but I do mind after paying my mere $50 out that I am still bombarded by ads when most of the other apps have a "pro" version where you pay a minimal amount to not have ads. It is about the people that have contributed large sums of real money so that the rest of us can enjoy these stories, games have ceased to be relaxing and enjoyable, and they too are being spammed by TL ads to play the latest and greatest. I play 3 stories, it took me minimum 2 hours per game per day to take care of my property and my neighbours. I had to cut back as it was and schedule days for each game. Why? Because most of us actually have a life outside of the stories, some of us have families and homes and jobs that need our attention. Now it's even harder to keep up. It's about all of these things.

Even as an iPhone user, I also made statements about the parity for Android that nmishii mentioned. Why would I do that? Because I was recommending the game to friends with Androids not knowing it wasn't nearly as good for them as for Apple users. I can't recommend this game in it's present state, I just can't, not to anyone with any "compatible" device, it would be far to difficult for new users to level up and that's just not fair. Thank you all so much for your amazing support, again, I had no idea it would go this big but I'm proud of everyone for standing up for what they believe in, including those that don't agree with it, by all means stand up for that as well. What the world needs is more people that will take a stand for what they believe in :). I can respect that, no matter which side of the fence you sit on. Rock on and God Bless!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outstanding! I applaud you all! For those who played, thanks for the info on what you encountered today. For those that stood with the *******, thank you for supporting the principles we all have been fighting for, Android parity included. I have not opened my games yet, I'm going to wait until Midnight EST and then check out what occurred. I don't know if it will make a difference tomorrow or next week, but it WILL make a difference! I may close my RS until it is changed back. I'll see if I can keep food on the counters and still make some money. If I can't, I'll find other games to play. But I'm sticking with a few as I want to continue to be in touch with my neighbors and continue working to make things better for all of us.

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 08:35 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outstanding! I applaud you all! For those who played, thanks for the info on what you encountered today. For those that stood with the *******, thank you for supporting the principles we all have been fighting for, Android parity included. I have not opened my games yet, I'm going to wait until Midnight EST and then check out what occurred. I don't know if it will make a difference tomorrow or next week, but it WILL make a difference! I may close my RS until it is changed back. I'll see if I can keep food on the counters and still make some money. If I can't, I'll find other games to play. But I'm sticking with a few as I want to continue to be in touch with my neighbors and continue working to make things better for all of us.

I have found others rather quickly from posts on here and looking under similar at Itunes and yes kept myself entertained all day without TL. Do like to see what's going on here in between other games.

angelkayann
01-29-12, 09:02 PM
Thank you so much casadolce, this is the exact point that is the reasoning behind why I first told my neighbours that I would no longer spend what little disposable income I have on these games, that I would not play for a day which has become the Event That Cannot Be Named (love it!). (I must say I'm extremely overwhelmed at the response, I was only trying to help my own close neighbours to see the changes that were affecting game play). But TL needs to heed the voice of their end users, because although there are some that feel this is unnecessary or extreme it is the not just about the current changes. (I respect those that don't agree, that is their choice, as this was my choice, it is and always was, each players choice in both IF and HOW they choose to make their voice heard. Not one person was forced or coerced into joining, although I have been accused of mind control via my iPhone, impressive aren't I?? LOL )

I'm here Ducky been on ******* with yall!!!!

missvampu
01-30-12, 09:05 AM
It's over now lol

3squares
01-30-12, 10:50 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has already made a difference. Have you seen the ratings on iTunes? I suspect management is paying attention... We'll see what happens.

julia3032
01-30-12, 11:17 AM
It has already made a difference. Have you seen the ratings on iTunes? I suspect management is paying attention... We'll see what happens.

We have to keep it up. We can't let things die down. It looks like some of my nbrs didn't even really know about it although I had posted on everyone's walls a few times to let them know it was coming up.

DaojinWildfire
01-30-12, 11:28 AM
This suggestion and behavior is not appropriate in the forums. This is not something TeamLava supports, so I will be closing this thread and removing it.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)