PDA

View Full Version : ******* - Are TL taking the buscuit so to speak.

missvampu
01-28-12, 01:01 PM
I love Teamlava their games are addictive and are the only conmpany in this genre that can provide the games we like playing other than the Zynga ones where u have to log into Facebook.

However lots of peeps are moaning because of the changes. Some changes are welcome like the new goals where u get money xp and even items for completing them. And in the cooking games new cooking appliances are being introduced. It's wonderful. However now there is valentine goals for those who dl the valentine app on Resturant story. Where's the bakery one or the farm one. Why are certain games getting the good updates and not the others.

Bearing in mind I am pro TL. I would be lost without them I do think they are taking the buscuit politely speaking. They know the games are good. They know we will buy gems in order to rival our Nbrs etc. Gems have went through the roof. ?2.99 for 24 gems. What can 24 gems buy you. Hardly nothing. Maybe one item. Or parts that your Nbrs can send you for free. Not only that but the gem sales have died down. It's been a while since there was one and now they don't offer free items with the gems either.

Now my biggest complaint is the ads. They advertise like crazy. For those who play the games we all know what the other games are called don't we. Fair enough if they take out a new game advertise it but there should be a option on install or not now or never. Then that would be the end of It but no. Now we have the virtual boards at the side of our games and instead of popping up at the beginning of the game it pops up every 5 mins etc whilst playing and sometimes we click on it by mistake and then we come out of the game. Not only that but these new pop ups you can't click on the x box for it to go away at the right hand corner like before but it gradually shows the install button then the later button. Now in order for you to stop getting these very annoying pop ups you feel obligated and kinda forced to download. So TL are treating us like idiots. Especially the people who have spent ?100s of pounds/dollars/euros on all the games. We are paying them for virtual items that they draw up for free. However even us who pay for these gems still don't have a say at all. If you download free software on the pc you can pay a fee to get rid of ads and get a few good updates with it. Teamlava are just thinking about the money. They don't care if our games are distrupted with ads the way the see it. If a new player plays farm and a pop up for the fashion one comes up and they install it for free then they are likely to spend money on gems on that game to. It's very annoying.

I know advertising plays a important role to get your product noticed but there is taking to to far. I even get pop ups on some games asking me to rate it. Then I have the choice to say remind me later not now or to go rate it. These are the same games on the app store however have you noticed teamlava does not give you any option. Yes you may be able to click out of it but if you don't rate then It will pop up everytime you open the game.

These games would be great if they took annoyance out of them. We have all fell for these games right hook and sinker but even in the best relationships comes arguments.

I have noticed in all the three of the games people leaving for good as they don't feel appreciated for spending money on these games. My Nbr contacted teamlava asking for them to consider making a option for never on the pop ups and they never replied. I contacted them as well and never reviewed a reply. However if you contact them praising there work they reply saying they are glad you enjoy the game and there is more exciting updates to come in the future. So they ignore the bad comment and reply to the good ones. If you have a problem as well they don't reply. I changed devices. I wanted to start afresh and I forgot you have to wait to get to level 9 to master stuff and when I emailed then panicking I got no reply. It was only when I posted my concern on here did someone reply and it was a member not someone from teamlava.

I am tempted to ******* the game myself but with only a few select people doing It it seems pointless. I thought the topics on here would be full of info about the *******ing. Either these posts are being quickly deleted so other members don't do the same thing or not enough people know about the forums.

I do hope teamlava takes our opinions into consideration. I know they do about other aspects of the games to say so would be lying. However when it comes to them potentially losing out in cash they won't take any opinions on board. *******ing seems a little extreme would it not be simpler if we stopped buying the gems instead. It's a good game however you don't need to buy gems to enjoy the game. If we ******* spending our hard earned cash instead maybe someone will take notice.

I'm looking forward to see if this ******* has taken any effect however I don't think so. As only a few of my Nbrs were doing It.

Limaxa
01-28-12, 01:38 PM
You Pay 2,99 for 24 gems.. What currency do you have?

dj_delusional
01-28-12, 01:42 PM
bs valentines day is out on the app store now

sylvie4163
01-28-12, 01:48 PM
You Pay 2,99 for 24 gems.. What currency do you have?

Euros, maybe.

dj_delusional
01-28-12, 01:52 PM
it costs ?2.99p in english sterling for 24 gems thats a fair price, ive had other games that are not made by tl and the way some do it is really expensive

ultrafrog
01-28-12, 03:49 PM
Eh.. Their virtual item mystery boxes are 5 bucks US dollars a pop. Hardly a good value.

Agreed that the ads are bad, not only for their other games but we don't need to be reminded every time we log on that there are limited items to buy and what the latest update is.

The best solution is to have popups show up the first couple times for a player, maybe 2-3, then STOP.

Then have an area in one of the menus to VIEW latest updates and limited items.

Again, players are not stupid. players don't forget that easily. players don't need to be hammered with pop-ups every time we just want to play.

Rachael98
01-28-12, 03:52 PM
it costs ?2.99p in english sterling for 24 gems thats a fair price, ive had other games that are not made by tl and the way some do it is really expensive

I don't know which English sterling you're talking about where it's good value:p.

I accept that they can have those prices, but no way am I going that far!

dj_delusional
01-28-12, 03:59 PM
english sterling is pounds and pennies so ?2.99p is 2 pounds and ninety nine pence

driftboutique
01-28-12, 04:00 PM
The best solution is to have popups show up the first couple times for a player, maybe 2-3, then STOP.

Then have an area in one of the menus to VIEW latest updates and limited items.

Agreed. I would also like some kind of "don't show this again" marker for informational popups. I really don't need to be told for four days that the new weekly update has arrived. There are several ways this could be handled in the UI and I welcome them all :)

dj_delusional
01-28-12, 04:01 PM
it keep showing a ? instead of the pound sign for people who are confused

julia3032
01-28-12, 04:05 PM
Many many ppl are joining in the event that shall not be named. TL is locking and deleting those threads because it is not a TL sanctioned event. Don't go by the # of threads you see.

missvampu
01-28-12, 04:42 PM
Yep I just noticed that they have moved this discussion. I could not even find it until I searched ******* in the search box

missvampu
01-28-12, 04:45 PM
However it's now moved up since I replied so maybe not. Look the bottom line is TL know this event is taking place on the 28th which is now and they have not yet changed anything. Maybe the new bakery valentine one came out just on time. Lol

missvampu
01-28-12, 05:07 PM
Its a lovely game to play instead of *******ing we should keep playing but only ******* buying gems for a month. I've spent about 500 uk pounds if not more on all the three games I play. Just look at these limited ed items being put up. On farm they are cool like the fox. I was happy with the fox as it was only 24 gems. That's still 2.99 uk pounds however that little fox will pull in money for you every so hours. But in bakery I think it is A fountain which is 54 gems. U would need to buy the 6.99 gem pack for that. It's not worth it. I love the games and will buy gems when all this is over but lets remind TL that it's not about them. That without us they would have no pockets to line. I just hope we dent their pockets hard with this event. And they stop with the pop ups. I dl the pet shop it was nothing to write home about. However I felt like I needed to dl so the pop ups would stop. Let's face it their are only 3 top games worth playing.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 05:49 PM
I shall continue to buy gems as I don't want to miss out on some of the lovely limited gem offers, I feel the players have been given some really special items and at a range of gem prizes.

missvampu
01-28-12, 07:24 PM
I agree with that but it's more to the point on what you get for your money. They bombard us with pop ups even though we moan. It's no respect for the people who do pay out the big bucks. They know that we are addicted so they try and line their pockets. Everyone knows what games they have no need to tell us more than once. There's not even a option to say don't show again.

atlantisonearth
01-28-12, 07:26 PM
I shall continue to buy gems as I don't want to miss out on some of the lovely limited gem offers, I feel the players have been given some really special items and at a range of gem prizes.

You have your policies, I have my principles.

missvampu
01-28-12, 07:31 PM
I have removed all my tables on r and b story and told them what's happening on my wall. Because there is so many squares on farm I can't remove them. Plus I replanted hours ago before I knew about the event so I will just leave my farm full until Monday or if it might wither by then I'll harvest and plow but won't replant until then. I was not going to do the event as I stated but changed my mind. On r and b story so many ppl are doing it on farm however it has not caught on so I'm doing a last water and telling them about it on their wall. The more the merrier.

cr4zy_eights
01-28-12, 07:34 PM
It's quite clear TL does not care about their consumers at all. All they care about is money. And I don't understand why people spend $100's on this game I just don't.
I for one will never give TL a dime of my money, after all the gems they STOLE from me.
What I really need to do is quit, but I like playing the game without all the BS. But lately all it has been is BS.
However I'm sure this forum will close shortly.

Don't play tomorrow. And keep your money.
Instead of buying gems. Donate it to a charity. It will go to a better place and you will feel much better.

missvampu
01-28-12, 07:34 PM

I could not agree more. He's been sucked in to the beauty of the limited ed items like all of us. We know that TL knows that. That's how they make their dough. I have no problem with them making money but it's getting out of hand they are getting greedier and greedier. Look at the collectibles. We got loads of prizes then they cut it right down so I'm lucky if I get a full collection in a week.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 07:37 PM

What policies do I have? Where are these policies then? I am a player why would I need policies? I do not live in the same country as TL, so how can I work for them. If I did work for TL, I would not be a player would I ? Also if I was TL staff why would I hide that fact?
I am not TL staff. I have my principles too and my view, I don't need a policy to have a player view.

atlantisonearth
01-28-12, 07:40 PM
What policies do I have? Where are these policies then? I am a player why would I need policies? I do not live in the same country as TL, so how can I work for them. If I did work for TL, I would not be a player would I ? Also if I was TL staff why would I hide that fact?
I am not TL staff. I have my principles too and my view, I don't need a policy to have a player view.

Not in this thread specifically but your posts in general.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 07:43 PM
I could not agree more. He's been sucked in to the beauty of the limited ed items like all of us. We know that TL knows that. That's how they make their dough. I have no problem with them making money but it's getting out of hand they are getting greedier and greedier. Look at the collectibles. We got loads of prizes then they cut it right down so I'm lucky if I get a full collection in a week.

Please don't make assumptions about my gender, if I wish to purchase limited gem items I shall like many other players do. How is making stunning items greedy, the collectables were too frequent when first rolled out. Please show me were these policies of mine are? It would be most helpful. How can one agree to an invalid statement ? Everyone has principles no matter who they are.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 07:51 PM
Not in this thread specifically but your posts in general.

How are my posts policies? They are my view/ideas as a player and examples sometimes given to explain a point.
Again, I don't work for TeamLava. So a player post to a possible bug issue is a policy? My ideas for new items are a policy? Advising a player how to transfer games is that a policy? Making posts in off topic is that a policy?
Asking device, device version and game version is this a policy? Out of sync issue reply posts is that a policy?
Topics in discussion is that a policy then? Oh please tell me where my policies are I would like to read them?
Please explain what a policy is, I fear you may not quite understand maybe I could help you.

atlantisonearth
01-28-12, 07:52 PM
Barleycon,

Please clear your Private Messages.

Bogiefurret
01-28-12, 07:56 PM
Hey if someone really wants to buy gems that is okay. I know there r cute items out there. Yes I am closed till Monday. But I still respect opinions that r different from mine. I love these games even through I'm android. I would love to have the IOS stuff. Will it make a difference time will tell. But we need to make a statement. The forum allows everyone to express themselves. So what if someone is whining u don't have to read the posts. Respect is a two way street. U can play tomorrow or not. We all love these games. I am addicted to them.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 07:59 PM
I am taking part in the event and not buying gems. However I don't think it's fair to attack someone else who chooses not to take part and to continue to buy gems. It's their choice. We don't have to like it but we should respect it. Everyone has their own views and shouldn't be made to feel just because they have a different view to everyone else that that's wrong.

I may not agree with everything Barleycoon says but he has a right to play the game how he chooses just as we have the right to not buy gems and not play the games for a day!

nmishii
01-28-12, 09:00 PM
I am taking part in the event and not buying gems. However I don't think it's fair to attack someone else who chooses not to take part and to continue to buy gems. It's their choice. We don't have to like it but we should respect it. Everyone has their own views and shouldn't be made to feel just because they have a different view to everyone else that that's wrong.

I may not agree with everything Barleycoon says but he has a right to play the game how he chooses just as we have the right to not buy gems and not play the games for a day!

I see discussions and differences of opinion throughout this thread. I didn't see an attack.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 09:02 PM
I see discussions and differences of opinion throughout this thread. I didn't see an attack.

I guess may be attack was the right choice of words. My bad.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 09:02 PM
I guess may be attack was the right choice of words. My bad.

Sry meant I guess may be attack wasn't the right choice of words lol. My bad. ;-)

pinkster73
01-28-12, 09:08 PM
There's been no attacking. Just animated discussion. I've made no secret of the fact I'm not *******ing and not one person has been mean about it.

nmishii
01-28-12, 09:15 PM
There's been no attacking. Just animated discussion. I've made no secret of the fact I'm not *******ing and not one person has been mean about it.

We can easily change that. :p

pinkster73
01-28-12, 09:21 PM
We can easily change that. :p

You better not. I'm flipping tables again

nmishii
01-28-12, 09:25 PM
I saw that. I'm *******ing and while I'm away I hope no vandals come in my restaurant and bakery and flip my tables and mess the place up.

putka
01-28-12, 09:36 PM
I'll join tomorrow as well, even though i don't think it will make a difference.
The ONLY ******* that will ever change anything is the where players stop buying gems, not stop playing.
They will lose nothing even if every single player didn't play for a day. If they don't sell gems though...
And i don't mean stop buying gems for a day or a week. I mean, as long as it takes, years or forever.

Sheeple are free to choose to continue to buy gems. But i am also free to blame them for the way things are with these games. The reason TL continues to not give a... shoe... about us is that there are still tons of sheeple that fall for the pretty pictures and, OMG, must have them! This is not an attack, just an opinion.

pinkster73
01-28-12, 09:38 PM
I'll join tomorrow as well, even though i don't think it will make a difference.
The ONLY ******* that will ever change anything is the where players stop buying gems, not stop playing.
They will lose nothing even if every single player didn't play for a day. If they don't sell gems though...
And i don't mean stop buying gems for a day or a week. I mean, as long as it takes, years or forever.

Sheeple are free to choose to continue to buy gems. But i am also free to blame them for the way things are with these games. The reason TL continues to not give a... shoe... about us is that there are still tons of sheeple that fall for the pretty pictures and, OMG, must have them! This is not an attack, just an opinion.

Ummm, baaaa?

putka
01-28-12, 09:41 PM
What does "taking the busquit" mean? Is that some English phrase?

See, TL can't even be bothered to give us a forum, where we can add our own posts. Cause you know, that won't help them sell gems, so why waste 10 mins of work to make this forum like EVERY. OTHER. FORUM. on the interwebs and let members edit their own posts! But they will waste the time to tell you not to multi-post :O

pinkster73
01-28-12, 09:42 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/images-5-14.jpg

Ps its biscuit

putka
01-28-12, 09:44 PM
Ummm, baaaa?

Lol!

When people say that they buy gems and gem items, to compete with their nbrs on who spent the most....yes, all i hear is ...... baaaaaaa!

pinkster73
01-28-12, 09:46 PM
Lol!

When people say that they buy gems and gem items, to compete with their nbrs on who spent the most....yes, all i hear is ...... baaaaaaa!

I don't buy gems to compete with my neighbors. I see pretty pictures and I must have them :p

putka
01-28-12, 09:47 PM
Ps its biscuit

Thank you.

putka
01-28-12, 09:56 PM
I don't buy gems to compete with my neighbors. I see pretty pictures and I must have them :p

See, if i could edit my posts, i would, to say "and, OMG, must have them, so they are not left behind when their nbrs have them ."

It was clear in my head, i guess it didn't come out that way.
I can't say nothing just about wanting to have the pretty pictures, cause we all do/have done that. I just choose not to anymore.

missvampu
01-28-12, 10:01 PM
Taking the buscuit is a polite way here in sunny Scotland to saying taking the P*ss. We need to keep language polite here since all ages come on here and even though I'm pro teamlava as I mentioned in my post because of the wonderful changes I'm also not to happy with the way they are treating people. We have a right to say not to many ads we pay them. And the person who said *******ing won't get us far and that it's the consumption of gems that needs reducing is absolutely dead on. And I did mention this in the Resturaunt Discuss thread title Don't ******* do this instead. However If we ******* that means no Gem sales anyway. I like playing. I don't want to *******. However I could go with not buying gems for a week or two even a month if it got TL to listen. And I am a gem buying addict. Even though I don't show my hundreds of pounds of items on my farm. I do plan to once i have expanded as much as I can and have mastered at least half of the crops. Then I'll have room. I noticed there is not a limited on how much you can store in the inventory as I asked about this on the thread so everything is in there just now. I spent a fortune on Halloween stuff and Xmas stuff. I'm as just as suckered into this game as the next person and I don't mind being so if only TL see we are the ones who line their pockets. As they get more out of this than we do. We get nice things for our games that we will get sick of playing eventually I've been playing over a year if not more. We won't play this forever however they get money out of it. And I guess 75% of us have bought gems. There is loads of players. Possibly a million if not more. Loads know about this ******* but thousands dont as I realised tonight giving the word out.

I think the event happened to quick. I only found out about it tonight. What we need is a months notice. Tipping and watering and passing on the message for a *******. Howevrr the next time we don't ask people to stop playing. Loads of people did not want to stop playing. However a good few can easily give up buying gems.

We need to make this happen people if TL don't take this blackout on board. Which I don't think they will we have been moaning for months now. And just to make sure our posts are heard we need to go on a game forum that's for many a game so our posts cannot be deleted. I think someone is even working to starting up one of their own but I'm not sure.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 10:14 PM

Lol same here. At least when I was buying them anyways lol.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 10:15 PM

That's cause if anyone was mean to u we'd all come and flip their tables for you ;-)

pinkster73
01-28-12, 10:21 PM
That's cause if anyone was mean to u we'd all come and flip their tables for you ;-)

Well I was called a sheeple, but I'm not offended. Actually I think the fact I'm in the minority in this thread by saying I won't ******* makes me not a sheeple? Anyway sheep are cute, so its all good.

queentina3
01-28-12, 10:23 PM
Well I was called a sheeple, but I'm not offended. Actually I think the fact I'm in the minority in this thread by saying I won't ******* makes me not a sheeple? Anyway sheep are cute, so its all good.

You won't like my son then, he ****s the sheep in Minecraft for the wool while I just shear them. :p

pinkster73
01-28-12, 10:26 PM
You won't like my son then, he ****s the sheep in Minecraft for the wool while I just shear them. :p

Understandable. I'm the Overlord raising hell champion and you don't want to know what you have to club to get life force :p

barleycoon
01-28-12, 10:29 PM

I see this is a policy? Wow confusing

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 10:33 PM

I agree it doesn't make u a sheeple. I am "doing the thing that can't be named lol" but would never call someone a sheep for not doing the same thing. I'm glad you weren't offended and I could tell by your posts which always make me laugh lol I love your sense of humour :-)

pinkster73
01-28-12, 10:35 PM
I agree it doesn't make u a sheeple. I am "doing the thing that can't be named lol" but would never call someone a sheep for not doing the same thing. I'm glad you weren't offended and I could tell by your posts which always make me laugh lol I love your sense of humour :-)

I've been waiting for a chance to use my sheeple pic ha ha.

I don't think anyone here are sheeple. Everyone's free to do what they want. It's all good.

sourlicorice2
01-28-12, 10:37 PM
I totally agree with you Pinkster :-) It's all good!

driftboutique
01-28-12, 10:39 PM

Now I have that song in my head. "Sheep are cute, sheep are cute, sheep are soft and curly..."

mimidori
01-28-12, 10:41 PM
Hate TL's changes but can't stop buying gems or playing, does that make me a sheeple? I like this label as I also think sheep is cute.

putka
01-28-12, 10:44 PM

I really don't like going on about the same thing, but... i never called YOU or anyone in particular anything. I was describing a particular behavior (sheep follow and people that do certain things only because others are doing them or just do things for the sake of doing them, with no thought involved and no willingness to fight back when wronged are sheeple). I never said you are sheeple for not joining in the *******. If you do find yourself if the definition of sheeple, that's not my fault. I did not come up with the definition and i did not talk to anyone in particular when i used the word. Also, the word is not meant to be offensive or an attack, it's just a description of particular behavior.
And people that get together to make a point about something they are unhappy about are definitely not sheeple either.

Making fun of non-native English speakers... well, i could start calling you things for that, but i won't.

pinkster73
01-28-12, 10:46 PM
I really don't like going on about the same thing, but... i never called YOU or anyone in particular anything. I was describing a particular behavior (sheep follow and people that do certain things only because others are doing them or just do things for the sake of doing them, with no thought involved and no willingness to fight back when wronged are sheeple). I never said you are sheeple for not joining in the *******. If you do find yourself if the definition of sheeple, that's not my fault. I did not come up with the definition and i did not talk to anyone in particular when i used the word. Also, the word is not meant to be offensive or an attack, it's just a description of particular behavior.
And people that get together to make a point about something they are unhappy about are definitely not sheeple either.

Making fun of non-native English speakers... well, i could start calling you things for that, but i won't.

I never made fun of you. Half my house is English as a second language. You said some things that could easily be offensive, frankly you're lucky people didn't get offended.

missvampu
01-28-12, 10:55 PM
I remember reading it and going Oooooh. So maybe you should have given the definition and said no offence in that post. Then maybe it would not get discussed as much and the topic would get back to what it was about.

I think people on here take offense quickly and I think people like ranting about something that's different that they don't agree to. I think people on here should accept people have their views and not to single them out for it.

Now has anyone seen a difference on their walls since this event has taken place. I have told nobody to post snd to read below and nobody has posted. Which means this event has had a certain pull. And it might not need to then go onto a gem strike instead. However saying that I think a gem strike would be fun as it would defo Hurt TL if we gave it a months or so notice to get the word out.

missvampu
01-28-12, 10:58 PM
FYI I am surprised my thread has not been taken down like the others lol

xcellent
01-28-12, 11:10 PM
To whom it may concern:

When i dont like the topic, i just let it pass......

Why contradict someone's opinion/idea/suggestion/decision if this forum allow it to do so?
Those who doesn't like the topic, better move on to another thread so as not to start an argument.... It's as simple as that.....
Contradicting a player's decision and insist on their own is simply just starting a fire....
If u want to be heard-- That differs to others' decision in one thread- make ur own thread!
I've been reading a lot of these "discussions" in so many thread.... I, for one, was once "grilled" for my opinion..... I just let it go... No need to come back and continue to show off that u are right and they are wrong....
No need to explain why,what and how...... Just move on!

On topic:
Well i have no intention of spending real money in this game (TL's) - tho i did once regret it.... I am joining others as well.... I will lose nothing if i dont play for a day---- only a couple of imaginary foods...... The only request that i am waiting tobe implemented but continually ignored is the gem confirmation button... The rest i can live with it.....

putka
01-28-12, 11:16 PM
I never made fun of you. Half my house is English as a second language. You said some things that could easily be offensive, frankly you're lucky people didn't get offended.

I am lucky? Cause if people did get offended, then.... ?

People get offended way too easily nowadays anyway. Just because someone gets offended, it doesn't mean anything offensive was actually said.

There was a statement earlier in the thread that everyone is entitled to an opinion. But somehow i am not included in "everyone"? English might not be my first language, but i am pretty sure that " everyone" means every one. My opinion is mine. No one has to like it but supposedly i am allowed to have it.
I did not call anyone specific anything. If anyone chooses to get offended, that is not really up to me.
It's like when racist people get offended when you call them racist.... people usually only get offeneded by the things you call them, if they know there's some truth to what's been said.

Ahhhh... the interwebs.... everyone turns into a 12 year old around here and gets way too sensitive. Gotta love it!

DoubleZ
01-28-12, 11:18 PM
I don't get what good a 1 day ******* is going to accomplish. So, we don't play for 1 day...how is this going to hurt TL? Now a week, maybe, but that would be if ALL gem purchasing players did it. Am I missing something here?

pinkster73
01-28-12, 11:19 PM
My whole point was that nobody got offended. Hence, you're fighting with yourself :)

xcellent
01-28-12, 11:21 PM
Maybe just to show TL that players can be "one hand" if they want to be heard?...... Just a thought......

Off topic:
Like ur siggy on ur device version...lol!

putka
01-28-12, 11:24 PM
Now has anyone seen a difference on their walls since this event has taken place.

I can't tell about a difference because i thought the event was NOT going in the game at all?

And actually, i am confused as to why this is here... i also thought that the event was because of the recent RS and BS changes. Maybe i am not very informed on how this is supposed to go down and why, lol!

pinkster73
01-28-12, 11:26 PM
I can't tell about a difference because i thought the event was NOT going in the game at all?

And actually, i am confused as to why this is here... i also thought that the event was because of the recent RS and BS changes. Maybe i am not very informed on how this is supposed to go down and why, lol!

There's also people in farm participating, just not as many I think.

Btw I think your English is excellent

putka
01-28-12, 11:27 PM
My whole point was that nobody got offended. Hence, you're fighting with yourself :)

That's the thing though... i never meant for it to be a fight and never thought it was.

mmmmmatt
01-28-12, 11:30 PM

I can't tell yet in RS and BS, because I haven't been in the games for 6 hours (and it's ****ing me because I want to ... lol). I also thought the issue was with the food prices and servings in RS and BS, so I've kept on business as usual in farm, as the changes have not impacted us there (so far, anyways .. although the new trend for 1XP 16 hour crops is disappointing, but at least it hasn't affected older crops yet)

pinkster73
01-28-12, 11:35 PM
That's the thing though... i never meant for it to be a fight and never thought it was.

It wasn't. You're point about some people being easily offended is very true. So I thought you could have used different words in your post so as to not offend. More people will listen to the meaning of your posts if they are nice. If people read something that offends them in your post, they will not follow the meaning you are trying to express. That was all :)

iusedtobedigusr
01-28-12, 11:41 PM
I don't get what good a 1 day ******* is going to accomplish. So, we don't play for 1 day...how is this going to hurt TL? Now a week, maybe, but that would be if ALL gem purchasing players did it. Am I missing something here?

I think. at least I assumed what it does is show TL that in one day the Log In #'s can drop by like say 25% on a Sunday. They have to consider how many people once food etc is gone are gonna just quit the game and I already know quite a few that have just quit all TL games. Then what will their precious numbers be like?

barleycoon
01-28-12, 11:46 PM
All users have views, can post it as long as its within the TOS rules I feel.Never should they feel imitadated or a personal attack be made. If a user is offended that's up to that individual user, no one can dictate what an another user may or may not be offended by. If users are kind to one another personal attacks would never happen on here. Just because a point needs to be made, never gives the right to personally attack as a means of silencing the other user. I feel personal attacks are usually carried out because the other party is losing in the debate, so instead of just leaving the discussion alone they decide to humiliate the other user.

lanicefaith
01-28-12, 11:46 PM
We are doing this to make a point/stand and it hasn't hit farm yet but it will,I play most of the games,I know I might be addicted, but it's starting to go from game to game first rs,then bs,now fashion,and their newest games pet and zoo2 already limit you as to how far you can proceed without gems,and you can't earn them,so they are making it harder for people to play freely!

putka
01-28-12, 11:53 PM
I could've and probably should've used different words. It's not an excuse and i am not looking for one, but some people ( 2 or 3 in particular) around here drive me batty and i don't even think about the words being used. The comment was about certain people (definitely not including you)and my opinion about them is not based only on an individual reply they might've left here or the fact that they buy gems, but rather on their actions, attitude and words around the forum as a whole.

I definitely should've made it more clear that i am not talking about everyone that ever buys gems. I am sorry if the people i wasn't talking about might've though i was talking about them.

ON TOPIC - i am not gonna get into any of the story games today, just because. Even though i thought it was all about the BS and RS changes, i decided to have a tl-free game as a whole.

lanicefaith
01-28-12, 11:59 PM
Um, u should relax,it's just a friendly debate I don't take offense whether it's aimed at me or not I do hair I deal with crazy people all day,maybe you should take a break from the forum

mmmmmatt
01-29-12, 12:02 AM
ON TOPIC - i am not gonna get into any of the story games today, just because. Even though i thought it was all about the BS and RS changes, i decided to have a tl-free game as a whole.

Good idea. It might be good for all of us to go cold turkey for a day just to shake the addiction. Personally, I want out of all of these games as they take up a couple hours of my life every day, but I just can't do it, for whatever reason :)

nmishii
01-29-12, 12:03 AM
All users have views, can post it as long as its within the TOS rules I feel.Never should they feel imitadated or a personal attack be made. If a user is offended that's up to that individual user, no one can dictate what an another user may or may not be offended by. If users are kind to one another personal attacks would never happen on here. Just because a point needs to be made, never gives the right to personally attack as a means of silencing the other user. I feel personal attacks are usually carried out because the other party is losing in the debate, so instead of just leaving the discussion alone they decide to humiliate the other user.

No one personally attacked you in this thread. I personally have not attacked you in any threads.

As far as your last statement goes, it appears to me you are talking about yourself. Old threads in this forum still exist and some searches can me made to find them.

lanicefaith
01-29-12, 12:04 AM
Lol,join the club,oops! Were already here!

pinkster73
01-29-12, 12:04 AM
I could've and probably should've used different words. It's not an excuse and i am not looking for one, but some people ( 2 or 3 in particular) around here drive me batty and i don't even think about the words being used. The comment was about certain people (definitely not including you)and my opinion about them is not based only on an individual reply they might've left here or the fact that they buy gems, but rather on their actions, attitude and words around the forum as a whole.

I definitely should've made it more clear that i am not talking about everyone that ever buys gems. I am sorry if the people i wasn't talking about might've though i was talking about them.

I totally understand.

barleycoon
01-29-12, 12:11 AM
Um, u should relax,it's just a friendly debate I don't take offense whether it's aimed at me or not I do hair I deal with crazy people all day,maybe you should take a break from the forum

I feel Putka has made some very valid points, it's not users that are attacked that need to do anything. It's the bullies/harasser's that have big time issues. I do not feel an individual should be advised to take a break either. Again, it's that users personal choice if they have taken offense and feel strongly it should be reported to the CM or in forum
disputes.

lanicefaith
01-29-12, 12:17 AM
The tone was changing,so I suggested a break it wasn't meant to deter,and it is a little rude to speak for others,if I offended putka I have no problem apologizing

xcellent
01-29-12, 12:18 AM
I feel Putka has made some very valid points, it's not users that are attacked that need to do anything. It's the bullies/harasser's that have big time issues. I do not feel an individual should be advised to take a break either. Again, it's that users personal choice if they have taken offense and feel strongly it should be reported to the CM or in forum
disputes.

I guess you've made ur point.... No need to prolonged it.... People will or will not accept ur points of view, so just let it pass..... And i dont mean to attack u either... It's just that, the topic is getting sideways when u continue keeping and insisting what others might want to believe you.... Done! Got the point......!

On topic......
I think lots of people are joining since my friend who is online says, her tables are empty,(which is surprising).... most players' players place are either no tables, or tips are not collected.....

Im itchy to get online, but holding myself.... Better play smurf! Lol!

sourlicorice2
01-29-12, 12:21 AM
Ok change of subject

Anyone else going through game withdrawal?

Lol it's Sunday, I have nothing to do and can't even afford to go out till pay day. All I'm itching to do is get into my games and do some redecorating lol. I'm not going to though, I'm not logging in till tomorrow night.

sourlicorice2
01-29-12, 12:22 AM
Geese I gotta learn to type faster lol

pinkster73
01-29-12, 12:24 AM
It can now be called The Withdrawal Thread :)

mmmmmatt
01-29-12, 12:25 AM
Ok change of subject

Anyone else going through game withdrawal?

Lol it's Sunday, I have nothing to do and can't even afford to go out till pay day. All I'm itching to do is get into my games and do some redecorating lol. I'm not going to though, I'm not logging in till tomorrow night.

Yes, me too!!! It is taking so much out of me to not go in, even just to "witness" the event. Like the tree falling in the woods, if a black out is taking place but nobody is there to see it, is it really taking place? :)
:)

xcellent
01-29-12, 12:26 AM
Yes, me too!!! It is taking so much out of me to not go in, even just to "witness" the event. Like the tree falling in the woods, if a black out is taking place but nobody is there to see it, is it really taking place? :)
:)

I have a friend who's telling me what's going on! Lol!
And she said it really looks bad..... No visitors and rare tables to tip!

lanicefaith
01-29-12, 12:28 AM
Me too! I've been here all nite,to curb the itch,lol

nmishii
01-29-12, 12:30 AM
I have been having withdrawls since 3 hrs into the *******.

xcellent - keep us posted on what's going on.

mmmmmatt
01-29-12, 12:31 AM
I have a friend who's telling me what's going on! Lol!
And she said it really looks bad..... No visitors and rare tables to tip!

Good to hear some intel from the "inside". I was dying to know :)

barleycoon
01-29-12, 12:33 AM
The tone was changing,so I suggested a break it wasn't meant to deter,and it is a little rude to speak for others,if I offended putka I have no problem apologizing

I am not speaking for others, I am offering my view on the matter. It's not for me to tell players what to do, and something I don't do anyway.

sourlicorice2
01-29-12, 12:35 AM
I know I've gotten visitors in Fashion even though I posted please don't post (not a biggie if they posted anyways. It doesn't bother me). I've had 2 notifications pop up and it took all my will power to not log in to check the message lol.

xcellent
01-29-12, 12:35 AM
I have been having withdrawls since 3 hrs into the *******.

xcellent - keep us posted on what's going on.

Lol! Sure!..... So far... My friend is taking rounds in fashion, RS,BS and farmS.....

Most tables in RS and BS are either full (not collected).... Some have writings on the floor (by flowers,chairs and tables)--- with words forbidden here.... In fashion, empty racks or full liked.... Farm is not that affected...she have some neighbors she's chatting with...

sourlicorice2
01-29-12, 12:40 AM
BS, RS and farm I removed tables and appliances, didn't plant crops. City well wasn't willing to tear my city apart and store everything and I closed fashion so no sales will happen but wasn't willing to empty my racks and tables (though ill probably end up with a quick sale but cest la vie). Should have gotten rid of my dance floor but too late now as I don't want to log in now.

lanicefaith
01-29-12, 12:41 AM
I know I've gotten visitors in Fashion even though I posted please don't post (not a biggie if they posted anyways. It doesn't bother me). I've had 2 notifications pop up and it took all my will power to not log in to check the message lol.
Hold that will power!hold it ,I have ,and I got new nbr invites! Must refrain frm checking it's the principle!lol

putka
01-29-12, 12:41 AM
Nah, no withdrawls. I have cable, internet and sims2 to keep me company. Oh, and a book :). And also, a bed.
I am removing the icons from my home screens so i don't get tempted.

The person who explaineed the biscuit thing... thank you! I've only heard "take the cake" around here. I am assuming they are similar?
Or in more severe cases, "take the cake, the balloons and the clowns" :D

mmmmmatt
01-29-12, 12:42 AM
BS, RS and farm I removed tables and appliances, didn't plant crops. City well wasn't willing to tear my city apart and store everything and I closed fashion so no sales will happen but wasn't willing to empty my racks and tables (though ill probably end up with a quick sale but cest la vie). Should have gotten rid of my dance floor but too late now as I don't want to log in now.

BS, RS, I left all appliances idle, removed all tables & chairs and left a note on my floors. I'll stay out of city too, although I haven't done anything special there. Had to go back into Farm because I was stupid and planted an 8 hour crop earlier in the day. I'll be out of there too until Sunday night.

xcellent
01-29-12, 12:46 AM
She said my waffles are ready and looks yummy! Lol!

Im asking her to take some shots... Will post later...

mmmmmatt
01-29-12, 12:46 AM
She said my waffles are ready and looks yummy! Lol!

Im asking her to take some shots... Will post later...

Awesome, thanks!

nmishii
01-29-12, 12:48 AM
I didn't want to tear down my restaurant, bakery, or Farm. My tables are still out and my doors are blocked. Nothing cooking or baking. I have 10 crops that I didn't want to sell and 36 trees. The rest are plowed plots.

sourlicorice2
01-29-12, 12:53 AM
I only removed tables and I only removed appliances cause I had stuff cooking on them though probably didn't have to go that far. I know how you feel though. I didn't mind removing the tables as it won't take me long to put them back out (didn't remove counters or decorations though). Fashion and City I left as is though cause didn't want to lose the clothes on the racks and city would take to long to put back together again.

xcellent
01-29-12, 12:59 AM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/5f3c7c04.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/c8e86f0c.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/6bb75ffc.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/5acc89f6.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/629d0327.jpg

mmmmmatt
01-29-12, 01:02 AM
Thank you!!!!!!

xcellent
01-29-12, 01:02 AM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/62ad8fb4.jpg

And here is my yummy waffles which will be burned soon! Lol!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/f67e4eb8.jpg

nmishii
01-29-12, 01:03 AM
I noted how many coins, gems and XPs I had on all games. I have an approximate count of food on counters. This is the first time I closed bakery since weekly updates were released and restaurant since last March when I didn't have internet access for a week. I hope when I open there's no problems.

mmmmmatt
01-29-12, 01:03 AM
And here is my yummy waffles which will be burned soon! Lol!

Fight the urge! Let those waffles burn! lol

xcellent
01-29-12, 01:09 AM
Fight the urge! Let those waffles burn! lol

Lol! I know!.... Im smurfing and temple running! x_x

xcellent
01-29-12, 01:26 AM
BS:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/e2b68480.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/b7b87760.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/40a0348e.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/jamsydxb/ea9e1cc3.jpg

Hawaiianmomma
01-29-12, 01:30 AM
The irony of it all

luckydong
01-29-12, 08:44 AM
I wrote in on Dec 16 on a separate thread (see below) asking for help as I had 80 gems literally robbed from me when I accidentally tapped on the expansion arrows on 2 separate occasions. There was NO popup to forewarn the gem deduction and I was reduced to a near gemless state just before Christmas! Where is the darn popup when you need it?? Isn't that a laughable irony whilst we are currently being spammed incessantly by unnecessary popups every 5 minutes?! I also wrote in to TL support but received NO reply whatsoever (other than a standard ticket number) from TL. See thread below.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17566-Current-Bugs-and-Issues-for-Farm-Story/page22

Apparently, I'm not the only unfortunate soul as another player replied later (in the same thread) in sympathy that he had suffered the same fate as well, and that TL replied that there was nothing they could do about it. I've also heard similar stories from other neighbours.

This is plain disgusting!! You (TL) "rob" a player of his hard earned gems through sick traps and then tell them that there's nothing you can do about it?? That kind of reasoning is beyond lame! It's unethical and irresponsible, and in my case, not even receiving a further reply simply smacks of sheer arrogance, not to mention a complete failure in decent customer service! Do you know how difficult and how much time was put in to earning those 80 gems??

Just because it happened to an unfortunate minority, the issue was completely ignored and swept neatly under the carpet. We poor players have NO ALTERNATIVE AVENUE OF SEEKING JUSTICE. If this issue had happened across the board, en masse, I'm pretty darn sure there'll be an uproar and TL would have to meekly compensate EVERY player just to placate and appease the majority, much like how they've brought back the gnome rewards and reversed the gifting system etc. All those reversals happened because there was sufficient complaint from the majority! This whole thing just makes me sick!

See how much money Storm8 made below:

http://m.techcrunch.com/2011/08/03/sources-storm8-raising-huge-300-million-round-at-1-billion-valuation/

I would have quit the game if not for the many wonderful friends I've made via this game. Needless to say, TL will NEVER EVER gain a single cent from me through cash purchase of gem.

putka
01-29-12, 09:06 AM
Actually, it's not a minority that has suffered from the gem traps. Mostly everyone has lost at least some gems, in one trap or another.

The reason TL hasn't implemented a confirmation button is not that there haven't been enough people complaining (i have seen countless threads and replies about people having their gems stolen). It's because they don't want to change it. They WANT us to lose our gems in the gems traps, they designed them so we can lose gems. They believe that if a person loses their gems in a gem trap, then they will buy more gems. I personally don't understand the logic, but i am not running the company, so what i understand or don't doesn't matter.

The issue DOES "happen across the board, en masse", but TL will never compensate anyone for lost gems, simply because they don't want to. The gem traps are BY DESIGN and this will jever change. I don't know why you think that only a few people have become victims to gem traps, but if you look around the forums, i promise you will find out that this assumption is quite incorrect.

I do agree with you on the "it's wrong and disgusting" part, but don't hold your hopes up that anything will ever change regarding the gem traps. The only thing that might change is that they might add even more of them. They do seem quite inventive and innovative when it comes to finding new ways to steal out gems.

kooky panda
01-29-12, 09:38 AM
Sorry guys, but discussing a non TL sanctioned event is not forum appropriate. Locking thread and sending to community manager to review.