PDA

View Full Version : How to play by "THEIR RULES"

rionkimchi
01-28-12, 11:45 AM
There are numerous posts about how some things are too expensive (gold or gems) in this game. I agree with those posts. You can certainly send them (TeamLava) feedback, and perhaps they will "listen" and change the amounts via an update (which they have done more than once).

Until then, unless you decide to quit playing, here are some suggestions...

1) GEMS - - just don't buy any ; play the parts of the game that are "free" ; if no one bought them then TL might get the hint

2) GOLD - - I have posted previously about how to earn max gold. A patch of 9 ice cream stands earns 9x16=144 per hour. There are SOME animals that earn more than this but not a lot. If you collect less often than once per hour, ice cream stands are still the best attraction, but there will be additional animals that generate more gold than 9 ice cream stands. Still not "a lot" but more. The gold earned from an animal also depends on how many animals of that particular kind that you have (1 animal earns less than a fully upgraded and completed habitat). I have also posted lists of the best gold-earning animals previously.

3) XP (level up faster) - - Maxing XP generation is similar but dfifferent to maxing gold. You cannot get XP from attractions, except the initial bonus from buying one, and the CAROUSEL is best for the XP bonus. Anyway, since animals are the only way to generate XP, you could simply fill your zoo with the maximum number animals. That means no paths, no decorations, nothing except animals. Search for my older posts with lists of the best XP animals.

4) SPACE UTILIZATION - - except for helping you complete some of the early "goals/tasks", you get NOTHING for decorations and paths. NOTHING. If you want the most gold or XP, focus *only* on animals or attractions. No, your zoo will not be "pretty", and your "star rating" (not hearts, stars) will also suffer, but it will earn the most.

5) SPACE AGAIN - - Zoo expansions get more expensive as you level up... the last of them cost 160,000 when I hit them. I look at the expansions as an investment, though admittedly a poor one. One expansion will fit 49 ice cream stands, so if you were able to collect 10 times per day, which is A LOT, the expansion does not "pay itself back" until (a) the 2 days it takes to complete it + 21 more days to earn your 160,000 back. Of course the earlier expansions are much less expensive.

If you were to visit my zoo you would see
- some animals: those that earn the most gold and a few that earn the highest XP
- most of the zoo is filled with ice cream stands. I have hundreds of them.

This is my preference:
(1) buy NO gems
(2) earn max gold until I have all the animals gold can buy; or until I get bored and stop playing

I am in no hurry to level up. If I were to get all the animals including babies and upgraded/completed habitats, then I might worry about XP/level. I try to keep the NURSERY running all the time, as well as an expansion (until I hit the max size) running all the time. I have not been able to keep the LAB running very much.

Your preferences will be different, but you still have to play by "their rules". Or quit.

barleycoon
01-28-12, 12:06 PM
Thank you for some of your tips extremely helpful, however I will continue to buy gems. I feel it's a personal decision for players should they wish to purchase gems. The players get some amazing items for gems, I wouldn't want to miss out on those.

xSnowyOwlx
02-02-12, 08:41 PM
The reason I won't buy gems in this game: think of all those people who wasted their money on Zoo 1 and TL abandoned it and made this one.

Montegoe
02-02-12, 08:49 PM
Has anyone bought either of the 2nd breeding slots? I think after some time the price will come down. Hopefully some of the animals will get reduced too. I enjoy the game, and like it's style compared to Bakery/Farm/Nightclub, and I am hoping that those gem prices are just because the game is new and they're trying to see what people will pay and they will eventually come down.

*fingers crossed*

cr4zy_eights
02-02-12, 09:24 PM
GEMS - - just don't buy any ; play the parts of the game that are "free" ; if no one bought them then TL might get the hint

YES YES YES YES AND YES
cant stress this enough!!1!!!!!!