PDA

View Full Version : Cute little icons

Unregistered
10-29-10, 12:09 AM
This question may sound stupid, but, can someone please tell me where to get the cute little icons? A lot of people used them when they post on my wall, and i have no idea where to get them.

deadpix
10-29-10, 01:32 AM
This question may sound stupid, but, can someone please tell me where to get the cute little icons? A lot of people used them when they post on my wall, and i have no idea where to get them.

It depends on whether you're using an iPad or an iPhone/iPod Touch.

On the iPad:
1. Tap Settings
2. Tap General
3. Tap International
4. Tap Keyboards
5. Tap Add New Keyboard...
6. Tap Japanese
7. Exit the settings
8. When you are posting on a wall, tap on the Globe key - a series of boxes will appear above your keyboard
9. Type "e m o j i" without the quotes - the boxes will fill up with the emoticons, scroll to select

On an iPhone/iPod Touch
1. Go to the Apps Store to download a free app called "Emoji Free!"
2. Fire up the app and follow the instructions
3. Quit app and reboot device
4. Tap on settings
5. Tap on General
6. Tap on International
7. Tap on Add New Keyboard...
8. Tap on Emoji
9. Exit settings
10. When you are posting on a wall, tap on the Globe key and it will bring up a selection of emoticons
11. If you have more than one international keyboards installed, you will need to tap the globe key a few times

Notes:
1. The iPhone/iPod Touch has many, many more emoticons from this app compared to the iPad's default.
2. The emoji apps available for the iPhone/iPod do not work very well or may not work at all on the iPad, so don't even bother going for the paid ones that claim to be able to do it.

Unregistered
10-29-10, 06:39 AM
 Thanks for your help.

Unregistered
11-05-10, 06:24 AM
So I tried to follow the instructions for enabling the icons on the ipad, but immediately got stuck. When I click on Settings, I do not get the option to click on General. It only shows options for game settings, music and sound efffects, or push notifications.

So what am I doing wrong?

Unregistered
11-05-10, 09:24 AM
So I tried to follow the instructions for enabling the icons on the ipad, but immediately got stuck. When I click on Settings, I do not get the option to click on General. It only shows options for game settings, music and sound efffects, or push notifications.

So what am I doing wrong?

You have to go to the Settings button on your ipad, not the Settings button in the game.

LBP31901
10-15-11, 01:18 PM
On the iPad there is two types of Japanese, which one do I do?

LBP31901
10-15-11, 01:21 PM
I tried doing this on the iPad but it did not work. I did not get the part about typing in e m o j i.:(

Phthon
10-15-11, 01:30 PM
have you upgraded to iOS 5? If not, you need to download a free emoji app, open it up and follow the instructions...or you can upgrade to iOS 5, the emoji keyboard is included in the new iOS.

LBP31901
10-15-11, 01:36 PM
Where can I upgrade iOS?

Phthon
10-15-11, 01:37 PM
You need to plug your iPad into your computer and access iTunes. When your iPad shows up, click on it and you will see the option to upgrade your iOS.

BACKUP and SYNC BEFORE DOING SO! OR YOUR SETTINGS AND APPS WILL NOT BE RESTORED!!!!!!!!!