Giant Tortoise (4)
Gila Monster (3)
Horned Toad (2)
Iguana (2)
Lunar Dragon (1)
Turtle (4)

Amphibians
Tree Frog (2)

By my count, if I'm not mistaken, that should total 24. My goal shows 22 of the 36 completed. Have I classified a group in this category that does not belong? The mammals % and bird count match what I have in the zoo.

kooky panda
01-28-12, 02:56 PM
oh I do not play Zoo, so I am not much help on this, but I will see if I can get an answer for you. Or hopefully a Zoo player will post.

iusedtobedigusr
01-28-12, 03:50 PM
I have a question about this goal. I currently have the following:

Reptiles
Albino Python (2)
Crocodile (4)
Giant Tortoise (4)
Gila Monster (3)
Horned Toad (2)
Iguana (2)
Lunar Dragon (1)
Turtle (4)

Amphibians
Tree Frog (2)

By my count, if I'm not mistaken, that should total 24. My goal shows 22 of the 36 completed. Have I classified a group in this category that does not belong? The mammals % and bird count match what I have in the zoo.

Looking at what I have and I am also short 2, showing 27 of 36, The only thing we have in common that we both have 2 of are the Albino Python, Horned Toad and the Iguana. My bet is that TL is not counting one of these as a reptile or amphibian. But since all 3 are 2 day breeding times could take awhile for Us to figure out which one unless TL works on problem.

kooky panda
01-28-12, 03:52 PM
Looking at what I have and I am also short 2, showing 27 of 36, The only thing we have in common that we both have 2 of are the Albino Python, Horned Toad and the Iguana. My bet is that TL is not counting one of these as a reptile or amphibian. But since all 3 are 2 day breeding times could take awhile for Us to figure out which one unless TL works on problem.

thanks for the extra info. my thoughts exactly. I will try to get an answer from them.

driftboutique
01-28-12, 04:16 PM
My count is correct and I also have 2 each of pythons, horned toads, and iguanas.

The only thing I can think of is that all my families of four are in fully upgraded habitats. Maybe because I did that my families are being correctly counted. Just wild speculation on my part though.

driftboutique
01-28-12, 04:21 PM
BTW, the only difference between my list and the OP's is that I have only two gila monsters but I also have two gharials.

iusedtobedigusr
01-28-12, 04:49 PM
Well I can post what I have too and see if it helps. H2 means all 4 with both upgrades.

Albino Python (2)
Crocodile (H2)
Frilled Neck Lizard (2)
Gharial (2)
Giant Tortoise (2)
Gila Monster (4)
Horned Toad (2)
Iguana (2)
Lunar Dragon (1)
Tree Frog (2)
Turtle (H2)

Sorry KP, I'm a moron and miscounted unless I saw something earlier on spreadsheets I am missing now. If this is it everything then # is correct. I should never try to look at this stuff and cook dinner at the same time.

cupcakes4cece
01-29-12, 01:48 AM
Odd. I just counted up my animals and I'm short 2 also! This is very annoying since there aren't enough COIN Reptile/Amphibian animals to begin with.

cupcakes4cece
01-29-12, 09:29 AM
I just did a recount in case I missed something, and it's even worse than I thought. It's telling me I have 24 reptiles and amphibians, but here is what I have:

Iguana (2)
Tree Frog (3)
Lunar Dragon (1)
Crocodile (4)
Gila Monster (1)
Albino Python (4)
Giant Tortoise (4)
Turtle (4)
Horned Toad (4)

And I also have another Gila Monster breeding right now.

So, that's a total of 27, not 24 like the game claims! But which 3 is it not counting?!

It might be the 3 Tree Frogs. The only other ways to make 3 are Iguana / Lunar Dragon and Iguana / Gila Monster. I will check this theory as soon as my baby Gila is born! At least it will rule out one of the combos and then there will be only two possibilities left.

cupcakes4cece
01-29-12, 09:31 AM
By the way, the Tree Frog theory would also work using the OP's animal list. OP has 2 Tree Frogs and is missing 2 animals, and I have 3 Tree Frogs and am missing 3.

driftboutique
01-29-12, 10:36 AM
By the way, the Tree Frog theory would also work using the OP's animal list. OP has 2 Tree Frogs and is missing 2 animals, and I have 3 Tree Frogs and am missing 3.

I have two tree frogs and my numbers add up. The mystery deepens!

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 11:04 AM
I cant check right now, but how many of your habitats are upgraded? I am not sure if I upgraded between my 2 counts of animals and driftboutique posted about Habitats.

cupcakes4cece
01-29-12, 11:41 AM
My Crocodile and Turtle habitats are fully upgraded. All the others have no upgrades.

I'm going to go see if I can upgrade something, but I probably can't afford to.

cupcakes4cece
01-29-12, 11:44 AM
I just fully upgraded the Giant Tortoise and the Horned Toad habitats. This had no effect on the numbers beng shown by the goal.

I can't afford anything else; I'm down to $2,468. :-(

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 11:56 AM
I'll add you tonight when I can play, like I posted in another thread I had to put 420 ice cream to make enough money to do anything but gives me 6720 in well over an hour. They all take hour but Your taps way quicker then TL accepts. So lose time getting it, if you can even do each hour. Of course like in other post Zoo is packed animals at top and everything else at bottom. But hey since No Visitors to Zoo, NO stinking BUBBLES over Heads to Download something I don't want. WOOOOHOOOO

driftboutique
01-29-12, 02:32 PM
I'll add you tonight when I can play, like I posted in another thread I had to put 420 ice cream to make enough money to do anything but gives me 6720 in well over an hour. They all take hour but Your taps way quicker then TL accepts. So lose time getting it, if you can even do each hour. Of course like in other post Zoo is packed animals at top and everything else at bottom. But hey since No Visitors to Zoo, NO stinking BUBBLES over Heads to Download something I don't want. WOOOOHOOOO

Same here. I made a little ice cream garden at the bottom of my zoo that is maybe 7 stands deep and goes the whole length of the zoo. It's ugly, but I make good money. Today might be the day I can afford that accursed sloth!

If you don't like waiting for your taps to register, tap all your stands quickly. Now double-tap the home button on your device to go into multitask mode, and then tap back into your game. All your taps will register at once. It makes the hourly chore of money-collecting a little more bearable. It's a good trick for farm, too.

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 02:41 PM
Same here. I made a little ice cream garden at the bottom of my zoo that is maybe 7 stands deep and goes the whole length of the zoo. It's ugly, but I make good money. Today might be the day I can afford that accursed sloth!

If you don't like waiting for your taps to register, tap all your stands quickly. Now double-tap the home button on your device to go into multitask mode, and then tap back into your game. All your taps will register at once. It makes the hourly chore of money-collecting a little more bearable. It's a good trick for farm, too.

If on Game center pull down on top then sometimes get whole game center other times don't but will clear everything too on IDevice.

cupcakes4cece
01-29-12, 02:46 PM
I just use the message center that came with iOS 5. Pull it down, push it back up, and every action is completed instantly. I would hate to play Farm, Zoo, and Pet Shop without this trick.

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 02:51 PM
I just use the message center that came with iOS 5. Pull it down, push it back up, and every action is completed instantly. I would hate to play Farm, Zoo, and Pet Shop without this trick.

LOL, I think you posted that trick to learn.

deltared
01-29-12, 04:29 PM
I have two tree frogs and my numbers add up. The mystery deepens!
Do you have fully upgraded habitats for those animals?

Since zs2 is currently only available for iOS users, the platform isn't an issue. Do you think it could be device or version (device/app) related?

I am playing via iPhone4 v 5.0.1 - ZS2 1.0.3

My count did increase by two when I added the Frilled Neck Lizards. So, I don't think it is related to fully upgraded habitats.

Thank you KP for getting some action into this thread. I hope to hear something soon.

cupcakes4cece
01-30-12, 01:06 AM
My newly born Gila Monster added 1 to the count. So now the goal says I have 25, when it should say 28. Still missing 3.

driftboutique
01-30-12, 01:13 AM
Do you have fully upgraded habitats for those animals?

Since zs2 is currently only available for iOS users, the platform isn't an issue. Do you think it could be device or version (device/app) related?

I am playing via iPhone4 v 5.0.1 - ZS2 1.0.3

My count did increase by two when I added the Frilled Neck Lizards. So, I don't think it is related to fully upgraded habitats.

Thank you KP for getting some action into this thread. I hope to hear something soon.

All of my habitats that have four animals are fully upgraded. Tree frog is not eligible for upgrade as I have but two. I'm running ZS2 1.0.3 on an iPad 1 running iOS 5.0.1.

deltared
01-30-12, 07:23 AM

Not sure if it should make a difference, but driftboutique said that all animals were accounted for on iPad 1. I am on an iPhone4, so it would be interesting to know what device you are using since you are also having a count discrepancy.

cupcakes4cece
01-30-12, 04:34 PM
I'm playing on an iPad as well.

deltared
02-02-12, 07:06 AM
I used the last three days to test - it is confirmed that the tree frogs are not being added to my count.

deltared
02-02-12, 07:20 AM
I did notice the tree frogs are being counted for the Lucky Irish Elk collection though. So, it has to be the way they are categorized. It is still strange how they count for one player and not others.

cupcakes4cece
02-03-12, 06:07 AM
Weren't the tree frogs a goal animal? Unlocked by a goal?

Maybe the issue is WHEN the player blocked hem. Like, maybe if you unlocked them after the Milestones goal popped up, they would be counted. But if you had them before, then the goal misses them. Kind of like the bugged Cojack count in Pet Shop.

That's the only thing I can think of at the moment to account for them being counted for some players and not others.

deltared
02-03-12, 11:57 AM
Weren't the tree frogs a goal animal? Unlocked by a goal?
Yes, they were unlocked from a goal. Mine were already unlocked prior to this goal.

Kind of like the bugged Cojack count in Pet Shop.
Doesn't the cojack goal update once all items in the goal was complete? While others had success by putting them in storage, closing, deleting, powering down, restarting, and redownloading and placing them from storage. I don't recall having an issue with my count updating for that animal.

As for the tree frogs, I did try placing them in storage, close, delete, etc., but it didn't register them for me.

Since I would think this is definately a bug, has it been flagged over for the TL team to look into?

GroupMagma
02-03-12, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the reports. We're currently investigating this issue now.

eagleyes
03-14-12, 07:48 PM

when I breed a tree frog my amphibian count did not increase.

eagleyes
03-14-12, 07:59 PM
[QUOTE=eagleyes;258527]when I breed a tree frog my amphibian count did not increase. My version in 21.0.3 and I have an iPad 2 running IOS 5.1

deltared
03-14-12, 09:54 PM
I have been trying to get information regarding this bug/issue since I started this thread to no avail. I have finished them all technically, but it hasn't completed because of the tree frog issue. There are too many other animals I could spend my time on breeding for other goals/collections than to breed the others that I know will be accepted.

FYI: The flying frogs will not register either for this goal.

I will post again if I get any helpful information.

greygull
03-14-12, 10:04 PM
I'll send this over to the CMs again, find out if they've heard anything.

ButterPanda
03-15-12, 03:50 PM
I have a question about this goal. I currently have the following:

Reptiles
Albino Python (2)
Crocodile (4)
Giant Tortoise (4)
Gila Monster (3)
Horned Toad (2)
Iguana (2)
Lunar Dragon (1)
Turtle (4)

Amphibians
Tree Frog (2)

It appears that the tree frog is not registering as an amphibian for this quest which is why you are only seeing 22 rather than 24 of 36. Engineering knows about it now and will implement a fix.

deltared
03-16-12, 08:18 PM
My goal finally cleared. Thanks. :)

trace35
03-20-12, 06:19 PM
Then y is iusedtobe.... Count correct when they have the same animals including tree frogs?