PDA

View Full Version : Gift limit bug? 10-gift max?

pastrychef17
01-26-12, 09:48 AM
I know there's a thread on this in RS but this is happening to me in Bakery. I started tracking how many gifts I can actually receive and for the past couple of days, it's definitely been less than 20 before my neighbors tell me I'm maxed out AND I actually don't receive anymore gifts. This morning, I woke up to 10 gifts in my queue, I accepted 8 and declined 2. Got two more gifts come in a little later which I accepted. After that I got a couple of messages from neighbors telling me I'm maxed out and no more gifts have come in. Usually I don't max out for at least another couple of hours from now. Is this a bug? Is it happening to anyone else?

I'm on iphone 4, iOS 5, Bakery version 1.4, deleted, reinstalled, still a problem.

pastrychef17
01-26-12, 09:49 AM
Forgot to add, I'm currently not building anything, haven't sent out any requests for materials in days so this is isolated to receiving gifts.

mimirivera
01-26-12, 09:55 AM
It has been this way for a few days in my bakery. Exact same story, I also have not sent any requests out in well over a month, and decline food gifts. I would just like to know if this is intentional/permanent.

bobbyrae
01-26-12, 10:47 AM
And you are sure your neighbours have not sent gifts within the 24 hour period?
I have long suspected that i am not getting 20 gifts plus 20 parts each day...just haven't had the time to track it.

I send out 15-20 parts requests to persons i know are active players and never get back 20 parts.

pastrychef17
01-26-12, 11:04 AM
And you are sure your neighbours have not sent gifts within the 24 hour period?
I have long suspected that i am not getting 20 gifts plus 20 parts each day...just haven't had the time to track it.

Yes - I have fantastic neighbors, some of whom gift every day or every other day and their gifts are not getting through. The first person who told me I was maxed this morning hadn't been able to send a gift the day before either so I know she hadn't gifted me in less than 24 hours.

nmishii
01-26-12, 02:52 PM
There was a thread a few days ago on the gifting.

So I did a test. I noted the earliest gifts in my queue and waited for gifts to drop off. Only one dropped off, so I received 11 gifts by that time.

I accepted 9 gifts, and the gift that dropped did not return as expected.

I did not get any more gifts after that for hours. Then I declined the gift I had in the buffer and received two more. That was in the afternoon and I did not receive more. My neighbors typically don't tell me if I'm maxed.

So I received 13 gifts: 11 accepted, 1 declined, and 1 dropped that day. The two days prior and two days after I received at least 20 gifts and accepted 19 or 20. I did not hit the 10 gift buffer max or have any gifts fall off.

When they first went back to the midnight reset, on one of my games I woke up to 10 gifts and a possiblity of gifts falling off. I accepted all gifts, and everything seemed normal.

I thought there might be something wrong when you hit the max or overflow and not accept all the gifts, but it is entirely possible only 13 neighbors sent me a gift that day.

There is a high possibility there is a problem with the gifting system and the 10 gift buffer.