PDA

View Full Version : Laughing all the way to the bank (CONFIRM gem traps, etc.)

Dragon_cdk
01-25-12, 03:55 PM
I've only played this game for a few weeks now, but already lost 39 gems due to lag (my press ended up buying coins instead of nurturing). I don't mind buying some in-app purchases because this does take some development time, but everything I've seen and read makes TL look like a group trying to make their money and get out before the negative press hits hard.

Constant changes and bugs, no "coin traps", but plenty of gem traps, and ridiculous prices for some items... It seems like they put something out the door and decided to tweak it on the fly. It is certainly my choice to purchase gems in-game, but I wish there was a confirmation screen every time you wanted to purchase something with gems. Mi****s and lag happen, but don't be so crass as to profit off of it. Your customers will appreciate the game a lot more if they agree with their purchase rather than see their money lost in a shell game.

And the hilarious thing is I just checked the coin for gem count (if you buy coins). I bought something like 8075 coins accidentally (I play enough that coins are no issue, and would never buy them), and now I could have purchased 11,700. :)

Interesting little time waster while I was laid up after surgery, and I did buy $60 worth of gems, but this is amateurish work guys. TL is getting a bad name with all the various bugs and *****ing their customers a bit with the gem traps.

One little confirmation screen could fix this...

Dragon_cdk
01-25-12, 03:57 PM
sorry - that was "mis - hits" above,but it blanked it out due to 4-letter words

ultrafrog
01-25-12, 04:32 PM
Yup. I would hazard to guess that nearly all players have fallen for a gem trap one time or another.

Anyone that hasn't should consider applying to go on Ninja Warrior for their dodging s****s.

Just play the games for free and be careful as you can.

While it will still be frustrating to lose gems you earned vs. buy at least they aren't profiting from trapping you.

pinkster73
01-25-12, 04:34 PM
I'm a ninja and I've fallen victim.

pinkbarbie123
01-25-12, 09:34 PM
Now that I don't buy gems anymore each time I accidentally hit a gem trap that says I don't have enough gems I just chuckle.

quentinsmommy
02-07-12, 02:19 PM
Now that I don't buy gems anymore each time I accidentally hit a gem trap that says I don't have enough gems I just chuckle.

LOL Same here! I do my best to keep my (earned-I refuse to buy until a confirm button is added) gem count lower than 5 unless I'm saving up for something (like the makeup counter in Fashion).

ariesblu
02-07-12, 02:56 PM
Hehehe.....

freshfoods
02-07-12, 04:02 PM
once you get gems spend them so you dont fall for gem traps haha

uwantoplay
02-09-12, 09:27 AM
I've only played this game for a few weeks now, but already lost 39 gems due to lag (my press ended up buying coins instead of nurturing). I don't mind buying some in-app purchases because this does take some development time, but everything I've seen and read makes TL look like a group trying to make their money and get out before the negative press hits hard.

Constant changes and bugs, no "coin traps", but plenty of gem traps, and ridiculous prices for some items... It seems like they put something out the door and decided to tweak it on the fly. It is certainly my choice to purchase gems in-game, but I wish there was a confirmation screen every time you wanted to purchase something with gems. Mi****s and lag happen, but don't be so crass as to profit off of it. Your customers will appreciate the game a lot more if they agree with their purchase rather than see their money lost in a shell game.

And the hilarious thing is I just checked the coin for gem count (if you buy coins). I bought something like 8075 coins accidentally (I play enough that coins are no issue, and would never buy them), and now I could have purchased 11,700. :)

Interesting little time waster while I was laid up after surgery, and I did buy $60 worth of gems, but this is amateurish work guys. TL is getting a bad name with all the various bugs and *****ing their customers a bit with the gem traps.

One little confirmation screen could fix this...

I have also had this exact same problem! I have all games and NEVER have purchased coins with gems but have TWICE in this game! It is an obvious gem trap!

iusedtobedigusr
02-09-12, 09:49 AM
I have also had this exact same problem! I have all games and NEVER have purchased coins with gems but have TWICE in this game! It is an obvious gem trap!

ON Both the new games, I either answered the phone or door, I forget which and was playing game and set Ipod down. When I picked it back up Miraculously either I had brought up the Gem for Coins screen by accident setting it down or in the meantime it had popped up, but both times I invested 9 of the 10 gems given to you on coins by touching screen as I picked it up.