PDA

View Full Version : Material Requests

savage_mel
01-25-12, 11:20 AM
I check my bakery fairly regularly and make it a point to check for material requests so I can give my neighbors what they need asap. I've been noticing alot that some material requests take many hours and in some cases even days to show up. On the request where it says how many hours ago it was sent, it can be anywhere from a few minutes to two days. Why are these requests not showing up when they are sent?? Why does it take days to get to me?

kattybell
01-25-12, 11:22 AM
Most likely because of the gifting system. The same things happens for me.

pastrychef17
01-25-12, 11:43 AM
My theory, although I can't prove it and it could be completely wrong, is if someone sends out more than 20 requests, some of the "overflow" requests don't get delivered until later when the person hasn't maxed out on receiving requests so when you accept it, it actually goes to them, albeit delayed from when they first sent out the request. The only reason I think this is when I accept a material request, I no longer ever get a message saying my neighbor has already accepted their limit of requests. The acceptance always goes through now. So it's possible, the system now does some sort of monitoring of when they deliver the request.

bobbyrae
01-25-12, 12:30 PM
Pastrychef, that seems about right.

If you need 5 gears request gear from only 7 or 8 neighbours. If you need 1 knob, only ask maybe 2 or 3 neighbours. But if you send out a gear request to 100 neighbours then a knob request to another 50 neighbours, then, when 20 neighbours answer that request for gear, your ability to receive any more gears or knobs for that day shuts off.

Our understanding is that another 58 neighbours may answer your request for gears, which answer MAY get held until the next day (we're not 100% sure) when they are applied to your inventory. The overflow keeps getting applied until all your answers for gears & knobs have been received into your inventory. As you can see, this is entirely counter productive and if, in that time period, you send out more requests for parts and goals, the system just keeps being clogged up. Usually the best remedy is to stop sending out any requests for a day or two and in that time just ask neighbours on their walls or on your wall to send you parts instead of food. After a day or two your gifting system should clear out and you should receive all the parts you requested. Then slowly start requesting again. Less is more. You will find that if you follow this strategy you will complete appliances and goals faster and with much less frustration :)

Also, Send out requests to those people who send you material requests or who you know are active players. I do not believe that android players have the goals as yet, so if you are sending requests for goals to players using androids, they are not even seeing your goal requests, so can't send what you request.

Hope this helps!

Check out these threads as well: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21734-I-m-not-receiving-my-requested-items/page2&highlight=Material+request

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21201-Goal-Question-Material-requests&p=208608#post208608

nmishii
01-25-12, 01:42 PM
I agree.

I request the same part from all my neighbors. I only have about 30-33 neighbors. When one of the Friday updates occurred, my appliances were tied up and I requested screws at 10:50 PM PST. I had not requested parts for a long time prior to that so everything was clear. I received my parts and completed that part. I wasn't quite sure how the 12:00 am reset worked, so the next morning I requested motors. I received 4 motors until midnight and then received the rest after midnight. I can't see how many parts I have since I'm Android, but I believe I got 16 screws and 4 motors the second day and then up to 20 motors the third day.

And at midnight I get a long list of part requests from neighbors, which indicates they are queueing up the requests.

bobbyrae
01-25-12, 02:24 PM
Hey nmishii, have android players received the goals with the christmas appliances? Or was it just the ability to construct the appliances that you received? Were the candy cane cakes unlocked for you?

nmishii
01-25-12, 03:13 PM
We didn't get the Christmas goals. We just got the goal related appliances with one recipe on both in RS, and one recipe on one in BS. Got the candy cane oven but no candy cane recipe. Just a blank cookbook.

This doesn't count the RS holiday drink machine, which we got last year at the same time iOS got it.

sweettreatdepot
01-26-12, 08:53 PM
The material request hardly works anymore. My neighbors say they haven't gotten the requests. I remember when a request would return 100 parts that could be save for later. I remember when the request was sent out immediately and I got the parts I needed quickly. Not anymore. I have hundreds of neighbors and hardly get anything after waiting til next day. The requests for goal items sometimes take two days even though it claims that my neighbors were asked, they actually weren't and I have to wait a whole day before I can ask again!

manyuu
02-17-12, 08:36 AM
I have this problem too, my cousin and my sis also play bakery but surprisingly my requests dont show up until a few days after i requested the gift on their bakeries. It makes getting that lovely truffle chair way more difficult it toook me 3 days to get the truffle card, and not i have to get that plate. :\

bobbyrae
02-17-12, 08:51 AM
The material request hardly works anymore. My neighbors say they haven't gotten the requests. I remember when a request would return 100 parts that could be save for later. I remember when the request was sent out immediately and I got the parts I needed quickly. Not anymore. I have hundreds of neighbors and hardly get anything after waiting til next day. The requests for goal items sometimes take two days even though it claims that my neighbors were asked, they actually weren't and I have to wait a whole day before I can ask again!

Well, if you're sending out a request for 100 parts and sending out that kind of request every day, then ... there you go. It will slow down your ability to get them back quickly. It as always worked like this. You are only allowed to receive only 20 parts back per day, no matter how many you send out. If you read the psts above by both me and pastrychef, you'll understand better how it works.

bobbyrae
02-17-12, 08:53 AM
I have this problem too, my cousin and my sis also play bakery but surprisingly my requests dont show up until a few days after i requested the gift on their bakeries. It makes getting that lovely truffle chair way more difficult it toook me 3 days to get the truffle card, and not i have to get that plate. :\
Depends on how many requests you are sending out...you have to take time to understand how the request system works.

veenilla
02-17-12, 05:09 PM
How come android users can't see their parts?

queentina3
02-17-12, 05:44 PM
How come android users can't see their parts?

They haven't made that option available yet. I know in City Story the Android's can see their parts, and I think one other Story game, but not in Bakery or Restaurant. Hopefully they'll get that option soon.