PDA

View Full Version : Out of Sync strikes again

piggiful
01-25-12, 08:12 AM
Well, it strikes a minimum of 20-100 times a day, but losing gold and xp doesn't really mean anything to me. I have become numb to that. However, it found a new way to screw me out of parts.....which isn't all that easy to get because the system just doesn't work too well.

This morning, I found all the paint I requested from my neighbors and built my pretty little candy heart stove. 2 seconds later, out of sync strike, the stove reverted back to unbuilt stage, and the parts were never returned. I'm now out of 30 parts with an unbuilt cooker sitting there while the food is just draining like crazy.

It's the second time this has happened. Last time I was able to reverse the problem by deleting the game right away. Unfortunately this time the game reconnected 1 second after it went out of sync, and to TL's true nature, they re-sync on the side that will rip us off. Yeah, they look at the data on the server side and the data on the device and take the lower of the 2 numbers (for gold, xp, parts and gems). You would think that they save the data on the server so they can restore it? Well, no, they aren't that dumb. You could have spent gems by mistake, so they will also look at the device data and take the numbers there if they are lower. They are fully aware that it would result in us losing gold, xp, parts and gems.....time......but they chose to do it anyway.

I guess I don't need to wait till I run out of food to close my restaurant.

It's sad.

barleycoon
01-25-12, 08:38 AM
Sorry this is happening to you, which device, device version and game version? Thanks

piggiful
01-25-12, 08:51 AM
Sorry this is happening to you, which device, device version and game version? Thanks

This happens on all the devices I know of. It happened a lot less on the iphone 4s and the android 2.2, but I think it's because they have cell connection. On the iphone 3gs IOS 4, RS 1.4.3 that is used mostly as an ipod going from hot spot to hot spot, it just doesn't sync right. And I certainly understand why it would go out of sync so often as it goes from hot spot to hot spot. It just isn't the same as uninterrupted cell signals.
However, unlike the standard business practice that would err on the customer's side when errors occur, TL does exactly the opposite.

xcellent
01-25-12, 08:58 AM
This issue is happening to me a lot in fashionS... But in my losing case, it is money... There is no out of sync notice or pop ups... It just refreshes by itself (people will be inside my shop shopping, suddenly gone and then back again --- lots of times)...... Using ipad 1

barleycoon
01-25-12, 09:10 AM
This issue is happening to me a lot in fashionS... But in my losing case, it is money... There is no out of sync notice or pop ups... It just refreshes by itself (people will be inside my shop shopping, suddenly gone and then back again --- lots of times)...... Using ipad 1

Are you back playing on the normal fashion version? I'm sure you've probably tried all the normal trouble shooting? Thanks

pinkster73
01-25-12, 09:12 AM
I'm having more out of sync messages on farm starting today. All my dog bowls I had put out to sell disappeared, and they're not in inventory. They're somewhere with your parts.

piggiful
01-25-12, 09:31 AM
It looks like it's just the core design shared across all the apps. It probably affect others less. I might have pouted for a second if it happened in bakery story...but restaurant story, being a very unforgiving app, just makes it unplayable with all the crippling issues. If you take a step back and think for a second. You are spending a good hour or 2 a day tapping on it, and you are not getting any satisfaction from the restaurant and how it looks, then it's time to stop wasting your time:)

nmishii
01-25-12, 10:37 AM
I'm having more out of sync messages on farm starting today. All my dog bowls I had put out to sell disappeared, and they're not in inventory. They're somewhere with your parts.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your app, your data is safe on the TL servers. Or force close your game, or restarting your device? Have you tried moving your app to your SD card and clearing your cache.

pinkster73
01-25-12, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your app, your data is safe on the TL servers. Or force close your game, or restarting your device? Have you tried moving your app to your SD card and clearing your cache.

But won't I lose my progress?

nmishii
01-25-12, 10:47 AM

What device, device version and game version are you on? Thanks.

piggiful
01-25-12, 11:37 AM

Nah, you will just lose the part of progress that was only available on your device....which couldn't have been more than a few minutes.....

kooky panda
01-25-12, 11:39 AM

sorry Pinkster I do not understand your issue?? Where are you saying your dog bowls are? In whose parts?

kooky panda
01-25-12, 11:42 AM

I have not had this happen . Have you tried to restart? Which fashion game are you playing on? If you have more than one, (christmas, regular, halloween, etc)
try deleting all but one of the games.
also is your Ipad update to date?(at least version 4.3.5)

GroupMagma
01-25-12, 11:46 AM
This happens on all the devices I know of. It happened a lot less on the iphone 4s and the android 2.2, but I think it's because they have cell connection. On the iphone 3gs IOS 4, RS 1.4.3 that is used mostly as an ipod going from hot spot to hot spot, it just doesn't sync right. And I certainly understand why it would go out of sync so often as it goes from hot spot to hot spot. It just isn't the same as uninterrupted cell signals.
However, unlike the standard business practice that would err on the customer's side when errors occur, TL does exactly the opposite.

Interesting that this would occur more often with WiFi. I'll be sure to relay this info to our engineering team to see if they can investigate the issue further.

pinkster73
01-25-12, 12:12 PM
sorry Pinkster I do not understand your issue?? Where are you saying your dog bowls are? In whose parts?

They went to the land of missing left socks and llamas

kooky panda
01-25-12, 12:20 PM
They went to the land of missing left socks and llamas
Oh okay, I thought you had a real problem.

pinkster73
01-25-12, 12:39 PM
Oh okay, I thought you had a real problem.

I guess its a problem if I really cared about 15 disappearing dog bowls. They really did disappear. But its not a big deal. If it had been something cool however......

nmishii
01-25-12, 12:45 PM
I had an out of sync this morning while I was making marzipan and when it came back two of my marzipan makers were no longer on the floor. I found them in my inventory. All I lost was time, about 30 seconds. I felt lucky they weren't gone for good like others are experiencing. Was on wifi.

xcellent
01-25-12, 12:46 PM
I have not had this happen . Have you tried to restart? Which fashion game are you playing on? If you have more than one, (christmas, regular, halloween, etc)
try deleting all but one of the games.
also is your Ipad update to date?(at least version 4.3.5)

I am only using one version of each games (never tried using 2 or more).... All my games are newly reinstalled- from christmas to regular versions.......Im using ipad 1, v 4.3.5....
After reverting to regular versions, i noticed that i am having a lot of issues... In BS, i suddenly experienced mass gifting (one gift sent to all).... In farmS, planting by itself (i guess this one is from TL side and is already fixed).... In fashionS, im losing money,more often due to out of sync without notice..... I never had this issues on christmas versions..... Im thinkng now if i will go back to christmas versions, or i will just stick to regular versions with this issues.... :-(

pinkster73
01-25-12, 12:47 PM
My dog bowls are definitely not in my inventory. They're just gone

kooky panda
01-25-12, 12:51 PM
I am only using one version of each games (never tried using 2 or more).... All my games are newly reinstalled- from christmas to regular versions.......Im using ipad 1, v 4.3.5....
After reverting to regular versions, i noticed that i am having a lot of issues... In BS, i suddenly experienced mass gifting (one gift sent to all).... In farmS, planting by itself (i guess this one is from TL side and is already fixed).... In fashionS, im losing money,more often due to out of sync without notice..... I never had this issues on christmas versions..... Im thinkng now if i will go back to christmas versions, or i will just stick to regular versions with this issues.... :-(

I went back to all regular versions and I have been fine(except the planting issue and gifting issue).
You may want to try to go back to Christmas version to see if you are still having the out of sync.
On the missing money, is this happening during gameplay, or when you first come into and open your game?

nmishii
01-25-12, 12:55 PM
My dog bowls are definitely not in my inventory. They're just gone

Dog gone dog bowls - gone.

You can email support@teamlava.com and see if you get them back. And let us know if you get them back or not.

I've told a bunch of people who lost items in an out of sync to contact support and I don't know what happens. If there's no chance of them getting their items back I'll stop saying that.

pinkster73
01-25-12, 12:57 PM
Dog gone dog bowls - gone.

You can email support@teamlava.com and see if you get them back. And let us know if you get them back or not.

I've told a bunch of people who lost items in an out of sync to contact support and I don't know what happens. If there's no chance of them getting their items back I'll stop saying that.

It's not worth it

pinkster73
01-25-12, 12:58 PM
In fact I'm not even going to restart my device.

xcellent
01-25-12, 01:02 PM
I went back to all regular versions and I have been fine(except the planting issue and gifting issue).
You may want to try to go back to Christmas version to see if you are still having the out of sync.
On the missing money, is this happening during gameplay, or when you first come into and open your game?

Happens During game play....the money i earned when opening the game will be added to my income.... I will go visit some nbrs or visitors... Going back to my game, i will noticed that my money gets less....sometimes, While i am choosing some contracts in catalog, my game will go out of sync without notice... My chosen contracts will be gone, so i will make another one....but the money that i paid for the previous contract (before out of sync) was deducted.... Sometimes, while i am just staring at my shop, my customers that are inside will just disappear,then re enter again, and my money gets less......

I might try reinstallng christmas version...