PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gems from Christmas Goal Bug

albiecookie
01-25-12, 03:48 AM
Our last thread was conveniently closed thanks to "general unpleasantness" and the only action TL bothered to take in the thread, besides saying something akin to "pics or it didn't happen". I refuse to let this just get swept under the rug. It is ridiculous to let your players be treated this way. So again, this is the issue where the Christmas goals essentially gave us the option of "give up an unspecificed price for this goal or never leave the popup screen."

This was my original reply to someome asking for a screenshot:

I can no longer provide a screenshot, since I deleted all other versions of Bakery Story and redownloaded the original in order to get away from being stuck on the goal window. Bakery Story: Christmas ironically is no longer available for download from the app store, or else I could redownload it and show you. This is what happened:

I noticed my candy cane cake goal was expired without having reached the ultimate goal of getting the recipe. There was a button saying "Finish goal!" and I tapped it, thinking it would tell me something along the lines of "time's run out, sorry but this goal is now locked" and maybe the goals would clear out of the game. Instead, it gave me a popup window with buttons for 2 choices: "no thanks" and "finish". The "no thanks" button was greyed out, and no matter how many times I tapped it, nothing happened. There was no X to exit the window either. The only way to get out was to hit "finish", which exited the popup window and took my gems. Nowhere was there anything that said "if you hit finish, gems will be subtracted". It was simply pay or stay stuck on that window forever. It wasn't until I came to the forums to complain that someone said a way to get out was to delete everything and redownload the original Bakery Story.

I will say that I did receive the end recipe, but had I known it would cost me 25 gems, which I was saving up for something else, I would have never chosen to spend that amount. I would gladly give back the recipe for my gems.

By the way, I sent email to support days ago and still haven't gotten anything back.

Lucy3580
01-25-12, 04:08 PM
Game Version: Bakery Story 1.4
ID: Lucy3580
Bakery Name: Belle Bakery
Level: 37
Device: iphone4

Task Reward: Candy Cane Cake

I do not have a screenshot of this problem, nor is it or was it really possible to do this as I did not know it was a problem till after the event.

Upon entering bakery story, all the Christmas goals had expired, (I believe they have now been extended 20 days)

I clicked on the goal with reward Candy Cane Cake to delete the goal. On doing this a message showed saying something along the lines of, this goal has expired if you want to buy this reward click buy now....

Two buttons showed a no thanks greyed out and not working and buy now in red

I had to click buy now assuming it would take me to a purchase screen which would tell me the cost of this reward. It did not.

I could now exit out of the goal screen to find that all my gems had gone (20+)
That there was no recipe for candy cane cake and I had a gift of one portion in my gifts

Problems
1. Goal are now extended
2. Price was not shown for unlocking this item. (Gems are money for some customer and may in the future be for myself so it is a consumer right to be shown the cost before committing to purchase)
3. No thanks button not useable (therefore forcing to purchase)
4. Reward recipe not unlocked (I actually don't want this unlocked it is definitely not worth that many gems)
5. Gifted a mere 1 candy cane cake (my bakery is closed so this is on a counter but still there)

I also sent an email to support and have not had a response, other than the standard we are very busy.

I think the gems really should be reinstated.

albiecookie
01-25-12, 04:35 PM
Thank you for posting your experience too, Lucy. I refuse to give up on this issue, until we get a clear statement from TL, whether they decide to give back gems or not. I think we deserve that much from them.

The last thread that was closed was here, just for reference: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23161-Expired-goals-took-gems-from-me-and-it-didn-t-give-me-the-reward-back

I encourage anyone who had this or similar goal problems to post their experience so we can consolidate them into one thread, thanks. :)

ultrafrog
01-25-12, 04:44 PM
There's this thread that is still open -

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23162-Expired-Christmas-Goal-do-not-give-you-an-option-to-leave-the-screen-%EE%90%96%EE%90%96%EE%90%96%EE%90%96

Anyway. Their developers are probably still looking into it. I think using quotes is now frowned upon. They are probably hoping that by not responding players will forget about the issue and *OOOO LOOK!!! GEM SALE!!!!*

sweettreatsbakery
01-25-12, 06:54 PM
Our last thread was conveniently closed thanks to "general unpleasantness" and the only action TL bothered to take in the thread, besides saying something akin to "pics or it didn't happen". I refuse to let this just get swept under the rug. It is ridiculous to let your players be treated this way. So again, this is the issue where the Christmas goals essentially gave us the option of "give up an unspecificed price for this goal or never leave the popup screen."

I can no longer provide a screenshot, since I deleted all other versions of Bakery Story and redownloaded the original in order to get away from being stuck on the goal window. Bakery Story: Christmas ironically is no longer available for download from the app store, or else I could redownload it and show you. This is what happened:

I noticed my candy cane cake goal was expired without having reached the ultimate goal of getting the recipe. There was a button saying "Finish goal!" and I tapped it, thinking it would tell me something along the lines of "time's run out, sorry but this goal is now locked" and maybe the goals would clear out of the game. Instead, it gave me a popup window with buttons for 2 choices: "no thanks" and "finish". The "no thanks" button was greyed out, and no matter how many times I tapped it, nothing happened. There was no X to exit the window either. The only way to get out was to hit "finish", which exited the popup window and took my gems. Nowhere was there anything that said "if you hit finish, gems will be subtracted". It was simply pay or stay stuck on that window forever. It wasn't until I came to the forums to complain that someone said a way to get out was to delete everything and redownload the original Bakery Story.

I will say that I did receive the end recipe, but had I known it would cost me 25 gems, which I was saving up for something else, I would have never chosen to spend that amount. I would gladly give back the recipe for my gems.

By the way, I sent email to support days ago and still haven't gotten anything back.

You're lucky you received your end recipe.

I too was forced to pay with gems to finish the Decidering Factor Goal and I DID NOT receive my Cranberry Cider recipe!

I completed the next goal after Decidering Factor, the Better Butter Goal and now I am STUCK on Saving Chillby because I still do not have the Cranberry Cider after complaining about this error for the last 5 days!

I have emailed support and they told to report it as a bug on the forum which I already have done 5 days ago!

Emailed them again same ticket number and almost 24 hours later still waiting for some reply.

I would like the recipe that I forced to pay for with my gems and did not receive!

mushroom79
01-25-12, 07:05 PM
I emailed support because I am also locked out of my farm for the same reason and i refuse to pay gems. They replied saying they are looking into the issue and told me to look for future updates of this app to correct the problem??? what?!

kooky panda
01-25-12, 07:21 PM

There is a current thread that has been sent to GM. TL is looking into this issue. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23162-Expired-Christmas-Goal-do-not-give-you-an-option-to-leave-the-screen-%EE%90%96%EE%90%96%EE%90%96%EE%90%96

clarification- on post 56 on the closed thread I did give the above thread letting everyone know which thread had been reported.

albiecookie
01-25-12, 08:02 PM
There's this thread that is still open -

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23162-Expired-Christmas-Goal-do-not-give-you-an-option-to-leave-the-screen-%EE%90%96%EE%90%96%EE%90%96%EE%90%96

Anyway. Their developers are probably still looking into it. I think using quotes is now frowned upon. They are probably hoping that by not responding players will forget about the issue and *OOOO LOOK!!! GEM SALE!!!!*

Ugh I do hope not. I don't care if I get annoying, lol... I will get on TL's nerves about it for a fully formed answer to this. :p Thanks for the link to the other thread, ultra and kooky. I did not know there was another one open with the same types of issues, but my worry is that while developers may fix the issue for Farm Story players, since they did manage to grab a screenshot of the problem... what about Bakery Story players?

kooky panda
01-25-12, 09:21 PM
Ugh I do hope not. I don't care if I get annoying, lol... I will get on TL's nerves about it for a fully formed answer to this. :p Thanks for the link to the other thread, ultra and kooky. I did not know there was another one open with the same types of issues, but my worry is that while developers may fix the issue for Farm Story players, since they did manage to grab a screenshot of the problem... what about Bakery Story players?

Once they know what is happening in farm, the same should apply to bakery. You may want to post on that thread your specific bakery issue. I am also watching if anyone else starts up a thread with a screenshot so I can steal it and post it there.. lol

albiecookie
01-26-12, 05:02 PM
I got a reply from TL via email today, about a week after my initial email to them regarding this issue. It wasn't really an answer at all. The person replying to me said:

"Do you still need help regarding your issue? Thank you."

I kind of wanted to reply with "Um, did you even bother to read any of my email?" but all I replied with was "Yes, my issue has not gotten an answer yet, thanks."

So I'm not really sure how TL support is handling requests like mine.

niccy79
01-26-12, 06:01 PM
I got a reply from TL via email today, about a week after my initial email to them regarding this issue. It wasn't really an answer at all. The person replying to me said:

I kind of wanted to reply with "Um, did you even bother to read any of my email?" but all I replied with was "Yes, my issue has not gotten an answer yet, thanks."

I have dealt with support a few times and each time they have put me on a giant run around too! In the end theu didnt help me at all!!! I had all my gems, food, money and some storage items go missing...thier reply (according to thier faulty records) was I spent all my gems reviving rotten food, deleted food on counters (really over 3,000,000 pieces?) and sold my storage items! Do not rely on TL support at all cause they will just play thier annoying games with u! If they actually help u I will be shocked! Did u spend real money on gems? If so and TL wont help let me know for I had nbrs go through similar issues as me and they told me how to correct it without having to deal with TL support at all but by going above thier heads!

CoachM1
01-30-12, 01:21 AM
I also lost gems. I sent in a request ticket to TL on the 20th. Got the usual, we are experiencing larger than normal emails, be patience. On the 25th asked for what specific goals it was. Then promptly closed my ticket on the 25th. Now with my response it is on a new ticket, and I got the same, we are experiencing larger than normal emails. I purchased my gems, so if they do nothing I will take it to apple, since my gems were purchased through the apple store. So TL took cash money, without disclosing the amount, and gave nothing in return. I am Not Happy!

CoachM1
01-30-12, 01:23 AM
Sorry -
on the 25th THEY asked what specific goals it was.

DaojinWildfire
01-30-12, 04:00 PM

Many of the users that send us an email tend to send multiple messages when they don't receive a quick response. The agent just wants to make sure that you still need help, in case you submitted more emails that already received a response. Once you reply to the message, your ticket will be assigned to the agent and the correspondences will be much quicker.

IAmTired
02-04-12, 09:51 AM
I posted about this issue and emailed TeamLava support a day or so after this 'glitch'. I recently got a reply with an apology and my gems returned to me.
Just wanted to say thanks to TeamLava for acknowledging the issue and solving it, really appreciated!

Lucy3580
02-07-12, 02:19 PM
I posted about this issue and emailed TeamLava support a day or so after this 'glitch'. I recently got a reply with an apology and my gems returned to me.
Just wanted to say thanks to TeamLava for acknowledging the issue and solving it, really appreciated!

That's great news.

I hope I will hear back soon. I sent an email to support on the 22nd of Jan.

kooky panda
02-07-12, 02:44 PM
That's great news.

I hope I will hear back soon. I sent an email to support on the 22nd of Jan.

Lucy
since is has been over 5 business days since you sent your email, you can reply back to the email with your ticket number to check on the status of your request.

albiecookie
02-07-12, 10:25 PM

I'm so glad for you. I guess it depends on who you talk to whether you get anything back.

This was what I got back from them:

I'm sorry, but unfortunately we aren't able to reverse player transactions. I apologize for the inconvenience.

So even if you unknowingly pay something that you were FORCED to pay, it's your fault as a player. Well done, TL.
I am thoroughly sick of this now, so I'm just going to abandon my game. I hope everyone else with this issue gets it resolved with a better outcome.

Lucy3580
02-24-12, 08:55 AM
Over a month later and it's still not fixed

I sent my 1st email
A week later got a response saying, did you still need help with your query
Replayed saying yes
later got a response saying it was being sent to engineering
After waiting a few weeks I replied to their last email saying I still hadn't had a response
The email back was that the information they had from me was insufficient and that the couldn't see my original email

Talk about the run around. Surely they can access my original ticket request since it is in the subject line.

Anyhow I have resent my original email in response

Very frustrating