PDA

View Full Version : Christmas appliances on Android

putka
01-24-12, 11:35 PM
I just found the chestnut roaster and turnducken whatever in my game. I am pretty sure they weren't there a few days ago. So... would i have recipes if i buy and build them? How long would they stay in game? What's the deal, anyone know?

pastrychef17
01-24-12, 11:39 PM
For iOS, there's 1 recipe on each of those appliances and they weren't locked by goals so you should be able to make them. Roasted chestnuts is a 4-hour recipe and turducken is a 2-hour recipe.

putka
01-24-12, 11:45 PM
I would like to know if anyon knows for sure whether Android has the recipes though and if anyone can confirm they will stay. I already have so much to build and would hate to waste 10k and a bunch of parts only to find out it's a mistake they appeared at all and have them disappear like the Candy heart the other day.

nmishii
01-24-12, 11:50 PM
I just checked. I don't have either appliance. If I had, I would have bought one to see.

nmishii
01-24-12, 11:52 PM
I don't have new appliances in Bakery Story either. That would have been better. I think I have more parts there.

nmishii
01-24-12, 11:59 PM
There was a RS update in the Android Market. Dated 1/21. I installed it and now I have both appliances. I'll see if I can build one now and if there are recipes. If not, my candy hearts are ready in half an hour and I'll see if I can build the other.

How I wish I could see how many parts I have like iOS can.

nmishii
01-25-12, 12:02 AM
I built the turducken fryer just now. There's one recipe. The Turducken, 2 hrs like pastrychef said. So I'm sure the chestnut roaster has a recipe too.

nmishii
01-25-12, 12:05 AM
Stored my turducken fryer and tried to build a chestnut roaster. Not enough parts.

I have no idea how long either appliance will be available. Hopefully TL can answer this for us. I don't think it'll be before Feb 9 though.

nmishii
01-25-12, 12:09 AM
Thank you, TeamLava, for the Turducken Fryer and Chestnut Roaster. I really appreciate being able to make the recipes.

greygull
01-25-12, 12:21 AM
I am checking on the release of these, and seeing if/when they will be removed. I *hope* they will remain for a bit, so everyone has a chance to build them. Glad to hear they're making it to Android!

nmishii
01-25-12, 12:44 AM
Thanks greygull.

And I checked my oven. Did not see prime rib or holiday ham. Not sure what other recipes were on regular appliances, but we probably don't have those either.

koyenn
01-25-12, 01:31 AM
http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q582/koyenn11/2012-01-25165542.jpg

OMG I JUST MADE ONE OF EACH AND I CAN'T STILL BELIEVE IT'S AVAILABLE OMG

putka
01-25-12, 02:09 AM
Thank you for all the info, nmishii :)
Thanks, greygull for checking on it :)
And thanks koyenn for the pic :)

I am glad they decided to finally release these to us, even if a bit late. 6 new appliances in 2 weeks, with one recipe each is just kinda insane. With a limit of 20 parts per day, i should have 3 of each by next Christmas :D

bigtail2
01-25-12, 07:49 AM
Just an FYI....I had the new update, but no new appliances. They didn't show up until I deleted and reinstalled the app

putka
01-25-12, 10:34 AM
The appliances didn't show up for me with the update. I updated as soon as i saw it available in the market 2 or 3 days ago. But the appliances didn't show then. They showed up yesterday a little bit before this topic was posted. I don't think they need a market update to add new appliances.

putka
01-25-12, 10:37 AM
By the way... why is this a turduken fryer? Isn't that just a turkey on it?

nmishii
01-25-12, 10:39 AM
There's a duck inside the turkey. And a chicken inside the duck

Tur for turkey
duc for duck
en for chicken

pinkster73
01-25-12, 10:41 AM
There's a duck inside the turkey. And a chicken inside the duck

Tur for turkey
duc for duck
en for chicken

Dis. gust. ting.

kattybell
01-25-12, 10:42 AM
Dis. gust. ting.

Just had to say lol at that.

nmishii
01-25-12, 10:43 AM
Dis. gust. ting.

I haven't eaten one. I partially watched one being made on TV.

Personally I like regular stuffing in my turkey.

kattybell
01-25-12, 10:44 AM
I haven't eaten one. I partially watched one being made on TV.

Personally I like regular stuffing in my turkey.

I had on for a Christmas party, I only ate the chicken part (at least I hope it was chicken..)

pinkster73
01-25-12, 10:45 AM
My family had been eating tofurky for years thinking its lean ground turkey :p

greygull
01-25-12, 11:47 AM
Which devices are people on that have received the new appliances? I'm not seeing them yet on my Droid, so I was curious...

queentina3
01-25-12, 11:55 AM
Which devices are people on that have received the new appliances? I'm not seeing them yet on my Droid, so I was curious...

I shut down my RS but I just looked at the appliance tab and I have them, I also use a Droid but I'm the Bionic. You should have them. I didn't even have to do a reinstall, it must of just updated on its own.

pinkster73
01-25-12, 12:06 PM

Did you uninstall/reinstall the app? :p

putka
01-25-12, 12:49 PM
Dis. gust. ting.

Hahahahaha! Exactly what I thought too :D

LOL @ the lean ground turkey!

I have the new appliances on both my devices - LG Optimus V & Vizio tablet. Android 2.2 and 2.3 .

nmishii
01-25-12, 12:59 PM

I didn't have them at first. I went to the Android Market and updated. I now know its not the update that gives them to you, you really just need to reinstall.

I didn't have them on Bakery either. I reinstalled and got them.

klaatoo
01-25-12, 05:58 PM
I could not bring myself to eat anything that had [] in its name *shudders*

queentina3
01-25-12, 07:25 PM
I didn't have them at first. I went to the Android Market and updated. I now know its not the update that gives them to you, you really just need to reinstall.

I didn't have them on Bakery either. I reinstalled and got them.

LOL, talk about differences! I had to leave for class so didn't see your reply until just now. I just checked again and all is well. It's still the same version I had downloaded the other day, but it didn't have those new appliances, now I have them and I hadn't done an uninstall/reinstall like you had to do to see them. I guess that is just another difference between Android devices eh? ROFL.

amygdane
01-26-12, 06:43 PM
OMG...WOW! I log in today and to my surprise we have an early update- AWESOME! And then noticed we have all the Christmas appliances for Android, I nearly choked on my lunch when I saw this!
I'm really happy that we(Android) received these items, I just assumed that we were not getting them. Thanks! :)

kmccusker
02-05-12, 01:06 PM
Dis. gust. ting.

Hilarious! My thoughts exactly. I'd never heard of this "recipe" before, and now I know why. Reminds me of those little painted nesting boxes, decorated like people, where you open the large one and inside is a smaller one, you open the smaller one and inside is an even smaller one, etc... I never imagined someone would try doing that with food.

kmccusker
02-05-12, 01:32 PM
I forgot to add, is there any word yet on how long we'll be able to keep these appliances and/or their recipes?
New machines include:
Chocolate - one recipe (Chocolate Hearts)
Candy Heart (I haven't built this one yet so I don't know what recipes it may have)
Turducken Fryer - one recipe (Turducken, of course)
Chestnut - one recipe (Roasted Chestnuts)
Holiday Drink - not new, really, as this was one of the first new machines we received I think. It currently has two recipes (Spiced Eggnog, and a Holiday Smoothie)

As others have said, I don't want to 'waste parts' on building these machines if they'll soon be taken away from us (or the recipes, anyway). I can mess with them again next Christmas hopefully. Otherwise, it would be in my best interests to build appliances that we'll be hanging onto. Of the machines I listed above, I'm primarily referring to the Turducken/Chestnut machines.

My apologies if these questions have been answered in another thread - I just did a search and jumped into a thread that seemed to be in reference to my own questions.

greygull
02-05-12, 02:13 PM
The appliances should not be removed if you already have them. They will not be available to purchase additional ones after Feb 9th, so make sure you have as many as you want before then (even if it's a cardboard box on the floor). The recipes should remain as well, no word on if they'll be removed.

dexdine12
02-05-12, 07:45 PM
I'm rather new to the constructable stuff, so forgive if this was already covered somewhere else. If I put a few appliances into storage and purchase holiday appliances, can I then put unbuilt appliances into storage until I have enough parts to complete them? I don't have enough appliances to keep my counters stocked if I take up spaces with machines waiting to be built. I am on an Android so I can't see what parts I have in inventory, but I am willing to swap unbuilt ones out occasionally to check parts if I need to rather than miss out on the Christmas machines.

kooky panda
02-05-12, 07:46 PM
I'm rather new to the constructable stuff, so forgive if this was already covered somewhere else. If I put a few appliances into storage and purchase holiday appliances, can I then put unbuilt appliances into storage until I have enough parts to complete them? I don't have enough appliances to keep my counters stocked if I take up spaces with machines waiting to be built. I am on an Android so I can't see what parts I have in inventory, but I am willing to swap unbuilt ones out occasionally to check parts if I need to rather than miss out on the Christmas machines.
You cannot store uncompleted appliances. The only option is to sell it. sorry.
You can email support@teamlava.com and they can give you a list of parts that you have.

dexdine12
02-05-12, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the quick reply! Bummer about the appliances not being able to be stored, but I shall figure something out :)