PDA

View Full Version : Change in counter functionality

bakerbelle
01-24-12, 06:20 PM
It used to be, that if I made several batches of something and served it with an empty counter in the bakery, then all of those new batches would go onto that empty counter. That was the case even if the item was already out on another counter left over from previous baking.

Now I am trying to serve a specific food onto some brand new Dainty Counters, but it is only putting one batch onto the empty counter and then stacking all the rest onto a counter that was already filled. I know this is super picky, but I actually arrange my counters based on the food that is on them (just typing that makes me want to seek BS therapy!). So am I crazy, or has anyone else noticed this? Or both? lol

SweetBGs
01-24-12, 07:13 PM
Yes, I've noticed a lot of my counters seem rather empty though I'm making tons of food. Used to be that food would only stack when there were no more counters open to hold the new food - or - the same foods that were spread out over several counters would stack to make room for new, different foods. I don't like this change either.

mimidori
01-25-12, 05:57 AM
No your not crazy! The counters are quite expensive, I bought a few and was trying to figure out how food stack. I want a pretty item all stacked on the gem counter, but don't know how, except to throw out those already on a regular counter.

greygull
01-25-12, 12:19 PM
Try putting any empty counters in storage, then either serving a different recipe (one you don't have out), or using a food from "My Gifts". Then the same foods that are spread out over several counters will combine onto one. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which one they will combine on to.

nmishii
01-25-12, 01:09 PM
I've seen that also. I made french toast after to try to combine them on the counter that had only one set, but it combined it on the other counter. I think it combines onto the oldest counter, but don't have a lot of test cases to confirm.

I'm not sure if this will still work, but to avoid that this is what I did several months ago. I put all empty counters in storage. Then after the food is done cooking and just before serving, I put out one counter and all the food went onto the one that was just put out. If I already had an empty counter on the floor, it would put the first set on the counter already on the floor and the rest onto a counter that had the same dish.

Dippy112
01-25-12, 03:56 PM
I have noticed this and I would love to see some change that made it possible to move food from one counter to an empty counter. I put all empty counters in storage before i serve but it takes only one missed counter or double serving and then it's all messed up. I relly need that therapy to bakerbelle 'cause this is a big deal to me too ;). Spend a lot of time and money (real) on arranging foods and decorating my bakery.

mimidori
01-25-12, 06:18 PM
Oh not anymore. My bf told me it combines to the oldest but I tried and it didnt. There seems To be only one way, throw away other counters of the food and leave out only the counter you want them to be on. It's important to me too because what a waste if an ugly green dish stacks up on a pretty counter!

ohdiscordia
01-25-12, 06:23 PM
No, I do this too :/ I thought it stacked in the order that you put your counters out, but its especially irritating in Fashion where you can't combine your racks at all

hanatsuki
01-25-12, 11:36 PM
I would like a button that asks you which counter you want to pile it on and you click on that specific counter and it goes there and even better if I can move them around whenever I want. I would totally buy gem counters if I could move my food around!

driftboutique
01-25-12, 11:39 PM
I would like a button that asks you which counter you want to pile it on and you click on that specific counter and it goes there and even better if I can move them around whenever I want. I would totally buy gem counters if I could move my food around!

I agree completely! I never buy fancy counters because I have so little control over what displays on them. I would love to have this feature added so I could finally justify buying some dainty counters :)

gott99
01-26-12, 06:30 AM
I agree. If you can move food pile, it may motivate more players to buy some or more fancy counters.

greygull
01-26-12, 11:25 PM
I tried this today - I had one empty counter, served food that I had on another counter. After that, I served a gift food that I did not have out. When the cooked food combined, it went onto the originally empty counter. I don't know if it will happen like that all the time.

nmishii
01-27-12, 12:06 AM
I tried this today - I had one empty counter, served food that I had on another counter. After that, I served a gift food that I did not have out. When the cooked food combined, it went onto the originally empty counter. I don't know if it will happen like that all the time.

I think it goes onto the counter that was on the floor the longest.

mimidori
01-27-12, 12:37 AM
If you have more than one empty counter, it doesn't always combine to the oldest. I have some peking dusts on a regular counter. Bought 4 gingerbread counters & cooked more peking dusts & they all spread out. Served another type of food & the peking dusts combined on one of the gingerbread. Cooked even more peking dusts, and can confirm they always go to that gingerbread counter, not the regular one which was there for longest.