PDA

View Full Version : Pop Ups Have GOT to stop, PLEASE!

Jonezy93
01-24-12, 01:57 PM
I thought the not so subtle icon for another game just above the menu key was bad enough, but now, todays' update to the pop up takes the cake (no pun intended Bakers).

Not only does the page popup, covering the full screen, but they removed the x so we could close it immediately. Now we have to look at it a few seconds until the Get It Later option appears.

Since this game now takes forever (breeding a Balinese for a couple of days), I've been playing something else in my spare time. Guess what, faster pace, earns coins and their equivalent of gems and NO pop ups. As soon as I come back to PSS to check on my neighbors and pets, it's pop up after pop up after pop up.

Give us a break, please!

barleycoon
01-24-12, 02:01 PM
I've found if you download the game and play it for a bit, the pop ups go away then. It's personal choice whether to keep the app or delete it. I know it's not really a proper solution, it does stop the pop ups etc for games.

ultrafrog
01-24-12, 02:27 PM
download it, rate it 1 star, and delete

Jonezy93
01-24-12, 04:06 PM

I will try that, but I have a feeling it will just be replaced by another ad.

I've been trying to hang in with the game in the hope that some of our positive suggestions will be heeded and it will get better, not just the gripes about loss of gems and breeding time changes. The game has potential with some fixes and my neighbors are great, but I'm really getting annoyed and bored now.

Jonezy93
01-27-12, 05:37 AM
THEY'RE BACK!!! Now the Fashion Story is popping up. I'm going to have to put up with it for now because WE HAVE NEW PETS as well and they are COINS with a reward of GEMS!!!!! WOOO-HOOO!!!

Thank you TL!!!!

atlantisonearth
01-29-12, 04:34 PM

ROFL!

ultrafrog
01-29-12, 04:51 PM
Yeah. I caved. I hate seeing the pop ups, the billboard, and ad customers.

I caved and downloaded them then rated them 1 stars.

It was a bit of work since I had to download 3 games!! To get rid of them all but they're gone until TL puts out another 10 versions of their games

barleycoon
01-29-12, 11:23 PM
I've found if you download the game and play it for a bit, the pop ups go away then. It's personal choice whether to keep the app or delete it. I know it's not really a proper solution, it does stop the pop ups etc for games.

I rate all the apps five stars, as they are deserving of that.

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 11:33 PM
I Rate others 5 but these intrude on game in play so get a 1.

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 11:41 PM
Yeah. I caved. I hate seeing the pop ups, the billboard, and ad customers.

I caved and downloaded them then rated them 1 stars.

It was a bit of work since I had to download 3 games!! To get rid of them all but they're gone until TL puts out another 10 versions of their games
Billboards I just think of flotsam on my ocean of game, Then I just block entrances so no one can visit with bubbles and when Pop ups Upset me I wrote to Apple and so did alot of others, you noticed not every 60 seconds now.

debbyglenwebby
01-29-12, 11:42 PM
Yep my main problem and it doesnt go away even if you download the game that you didnt want in the first place...its just not on and is making me want to quit the thing

ilovecooper14
01-29-12, 11:46 PM
Pop ups have always bothered me.. So I download the app (I know, I shouldn't) and then delete it..

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 11:50 PM
Yep my main problem and it doesnt go away even if you download the game that you didnt want in the first place...its just not on and is making me want to quit the thing

It never will until you DL every game TL/S8 has produced. Then they will bug you for "Holiday" VERSIONS.

iusedtobedigusr
01-29-12, 11:51 PM
It all makes their #'s look good in App store etc.

barleycoon
01-30-12, 12:21 AM

I just play the game for a little bit, that's what I do and the pop ups stop.

iusedtobedigusr
01-30-12, 12:26 AM

So you DL a POS you never wanted in the first place ti satisfy the TL God's?

Sorry I will not be that meek to just succumb to an AD.

mimidori
01-30-12, 12:29 AM
The pop up used to have a X that appears on the top-right only after a few seconds. Now it rotates between this and a Get Later botton located at the left-bottom. It seems to me they are not considering stopping the ads, they are trying to make it harder for you to close.

ultrafrog
01-30-12, 12:32 AM
Pop ups have always bothered me.. So I download the app (I know, I shouldn't) and then delete it..

Don't forget to rate the game 1 star to compensate or it encourages them to add more ads to boost their download numbers.

iusedtobedigusr
01-30-12, 12:32 AM
Yep and others added on too. I REFUSE to download anything I don't play.

barleycoon
01-30-12, 12:35 AM
Don't forget to rate the game 1 star to compensate or it encourages them to add more ads to boost their download numbers.

I feel it's up to each player what they choose to rate apps.

iusedtobedigusr
01-30-12, 12:37 AM

I reported them to Apple and had a few others do, I reported about sending me to app store on fast clicking on Farm Story and they sent me back reply that TL was notified.

ultrafrog
01-30-12, 12:41 AM
I feel it's up to each player what they choose to rate apps.

Yeah, but what's your point?

It's not our choice to view ads is it? They are shoved in your face.

cupcakes4cece
01-30-12, 01:00 AM
I reported them to Apple and had a few others do, I reported about sending me to app store on fast clicking on Farm Story and they sent me back reply that TL was notified.

I reported the fact that nothing but a 5 star rating stops the nagging to rate 5 stars. Now the games don't try to nag me every single me. They still nag, but only about once out of every ten times I open each game.

Reporting to Apple is a good idea and more of us should take that route regarding the intrusive ads. TL doesn't listen or care about its customers, but perhaps Apple cares more.

pinkbarbie123
01-30-12, 01:51 AM

No they don't!

iusedtobedigusr
01-30-12, 03:56 AM
It is called and listen closely since TL thinks we are all children "THE NEVER ENDING STORY". But I prefer some the song.

pegsplace
01-30-12, 06:08 AM
Yeah, but what's your point?

It's not our choice to view ads is it? They are shoved in your face.

Sure is...you made that choice when you downloaded the FREE app.

ultrafrog
01-30-12, 09:34 AM
Sure is...you made that choice when you downloaded the FREE app.

It's not hard to see the downward trend these games are heading towards.

Let's put it this way. If I didn't care then yes, I'd be long gone.

TheHelpfulPlace
01-30-12, 09:46 AM
I am not a big fan of the pop-ups either. It's a really annoying and invasive way to advertise, but, I have found that upon downloading the application (and playing the tutorial) the pop ups stop. It's up to you whether or not you want to keep that application.. I am not 100% sure but this is probably to get more downloads to make their apps appear very popular (not that they need the extra popularity)... It's your choice whether or not you want to download the app to make the pop-ups, billboards, ect stop..
Yes, it's definetely not right to advertise like this, as it continually annoys and bothers the customer, but it's their way of advertising. :)

Dear TeamLava
I would pay $.99 to have an add free version. :rolleyes:

ultrafrog
01-30-12, 09:57 AM
It is to get higher download numbers but if you simply download the app, then that is doing exactly what the ad was designed to do.

If you download the app and rate it 1 star to lower the rating in the store because you were forced to download it to get rid of ads, then at least it's somewhat balanced out..

Simply downloading the app encourages them to add more ads.

It's an annoying practice because the different holiday versions don't contain enough differences to warrant downloading a separate app for it. Holiday updates could just as easily be added to the base game. It's done simply to make people download them.

ariesblu
01-30-12, 03:45 PM
I think it is an annoying process as well. But tl will continue to incorporate ads of their other games in games you currently play, so these pop ups will continue to be a(n annoying) factor

TheHelpfulPlace
02-04-12, 06:04 PM
I wish there was a better solution to get rid of the ads, but, at the moment the only solution is to download the all and play it for about 5 minutes (the tutorial) ... Then, you can decide if you want to keep it or not. :)