PDA

View Full Version : Coins missing first thing in the morning

cristinae115
01-24-12, 12:42 AM
This has happened 2 days in a row. First thing in the morning after my items have been selling all night, my game says something like "Welcome Back. You've earned 20,000 coins". I check my coin total and it has gone up the appropriate amount of coins. A few seconds later and all of my new coins have disappeared! The coin total goes right back down! I tried visiting a neighbor, restarting iphone4, reinstalling app and still coins are gone. What's going on?

rorostorm
01-24-12, 12:50 AM
That happened to me also this morning, it's like the 3rd time! It's very frustrating and i hope to be solved, i.e. I want my coins back because i invest so much time in this game!!! If not, i'll consider the best option is to stop playing

333sandy
01-24-12, 12:52 AM
Don't stop playing, it's fun

cristinae115
01-24-12, 01:12 AM
Yes, it's so much fun! The one thing I hate most though with anything is wasting my time!! I spend a lot of time playing too and expect the game to work properly so that my time is not wasted.

rorostorm
01-24-12, 02:39 AM
Anyone from TL, we are waiting for your answer! Thank you

barleycoon
01-24-12, 02:50 AM
Sorry everyone that your having these issues with FS,( I'm not TL staff or a moderator) which device, device version and game version are you all playing on? Thanks
First try deleting the app and redownloading, don't worry your game progress is safe on TLs server, also try restarting your device or force close the app. They may help with some issues. For Idevices try playing on the normal version if your not already. I know it's upsetting when we have any issues with our games, don't worry TL will help.

cristinae115
01-24-12, 05:14 AM
I am playing on iPhone4 game version 1.4.1 and have tried all resolutions you have suggested

Blc_beauty
01-24-12, 05:42 AM
I have the same issue! I'm playing on two devices (iPhone and iPod), and I agree with everything that has been said. I get so excited when I check into the game after selling items all night.
I'm trying to save my coins to expand my store to complete some of the goals, but it's a hard slap every time I've earned 15,000 or more coins just to watch them disappear! And no, the amount doesn't matter, I could've earned just 400 coins and they would still disappear.

I've also noticed that my game will go "off line" to process an update or to give me the daily check-in bonus and during that time I will lose coins as well. It's quite frustrating! Fix it, fix it, fix it!

queentina3
01-24-12, 05:47 AM
I'm not sure if this works for iOS, but I was having the same issues in BS with my Android and this is the work-around I was told by TL to use, and thus far it's been working. iOS players can see if it works for them as well, at least until a permanent fix is found.

I do this for all my games now, however, the problem started with BS for me and is still an issue there if I don't do this every time I log into the game.

I log in and "x" out of all the screens as they come up, or hit ok (depending on the screen). Once the Welcome Screen You Have Earned goes away, I immediatly hit my home button (house on Android), not sure what that looks like on iOS devices. I then go back into the game and go to my News Feed and deal with any gifts/requests. I even go to a neighbor if necessary, but I don't tip or pick up tips just yet. I then go back into my store and wait a minute, then I pick up tips, get stuff off racks/appliances, etc.......

My money by then has either showed up, or will show up shortly and actually STICK and not disappear on me.

Hopefully this will also work for iOS users, and any other Android users that are having this problem. I'm hoping TL finds a fix soon, as it can be a pain having to do this at every log in with every TL game. *sigh*

summertime555
01-24-12, 06:20 AM
This also happens to me on ipad2. It has been going on for weeks and is very frustrating. I also try the restart, visiting neighbors first, holding my breath, standing on one foot, etc...Sometimes it works but half the time it doesn't. Is it fixable or is this a permanent glitch with FS? Seems like it is not device related since we are all playing on different devices in this discussion thread.

lsloman
01-24-12, 06:32 AM
I let over 80,000 coins this morning. But sadly, this has been happening since at least November to me and there has been NO resolution. What's the point of earning coins only to have it taken away?? I am on iPad2 and it continuously happens every morning. Nothing I do changes it or gives it back. If you visit my bakery, I have almost no decorations. I try and use my coins on expansions only. It's difficult as it takes so long to accrue coins when they are taken away in very high increments every day. Why can't this be fixed already? It's been months! I remember when there was a glitch in FS where crops where automatically watered, it was fixed in no time as it benefitted the player and not TL. Since this glitch on BS helps TL and hurts the customer, there is no reason for a quick fix!

cristinae115
01-24-12, 06:37 AM
I'm not sure if this works for iOS, but I was having the same issues in BS with my Android and this is the work-around I was told by TL to use, and thus far it's been working. iOS players can see if it works for them as well, at least until a permanent fix is found.

I do this for all my games now, however, the problem started with BS for me and is still an issue there if I don't do this every time I log into the game.

I log in and "x" out of all the screens as they come up, or hit ok (depending on the screen). Once the Welcome Screen You Have Earned goes away, I immediatly hit my home button (house on Android), not sure what that looks like on iOS devices. I then go back into the game and go to my News Feed and deal with any gifts/requests. I even go to a neighbor if necessary, but I don't tip or pick up tips just yet. I then go back into my store and wait a minute, then I pick up tips, get stuff off racks/appliances, etc.......

My money by then has either showed up, or will show up shortly and actually STICK and not disappear on me.

Hopefully this will also work for iOS users, and any other Android users that are having this problem. I'm hoping TL finds a fix soon, as it can be a pain having to do this at every log in with every TL game. *sigh*

Thanks so much for the info. I will try this tomorrow!

circoit
01-24-12, 07:14 AM
I have the problem where the money doesn't accrue at night at all. I come back to my shop and nothing has sold and I've earned hardly any money. But yet, all the items I've ordered in the catalog the night before are finished in the morning, so its not like my game has been frozen where I last left off.

pinkster73
01-24-12, 07:17 AM
This bug has been around for months. There's tons of threads about it.

queentina3
01-24-12, 07:18 AM
I have the problem where the money doesn't accrue at night at all. I come back to my shop and nothing has sold and I've earned hardly any money. But yet, all the items I've ordered in the catalog the night before are finished in the morning, so its not like my game has been frozen where I last left off.

When you have the game running is there a lot of customers coming in, or hardly any at all? Are they leaving with broken hearts? The only thing I can think of is that you don't have enough of something that they are leaving without buying anything. Maybe not enough mirrors, registers, changing rooms, etc......Or if they aren't coming in that much, maybe the stock is too bunched together or they just can't get to all of it.

Or it could just be a problem with your game and I'm clueless.

cristinae115
01-24-12, 07:24 AM
What is your recommendation TL? Thanks!

Blc_beauty
01-24-12, 08:27 AM

I could do this! However does the order of pop-ups matter? Once I come out of the welcome screen then I get the advertisements. Obviously I won't be able to test this until tomorrow, but I want to do it right!

barleycoon
01-24-12, 08:34 AM
This is a known issue with some of the games, TL are currently investigating.

queentina3
01-24-12, 08:37 AM
I could do this! However does the order of pop-ups matter? Once I come out of the welcome screen then I get the advertisements. Obviously I won't be able to test this until tomorrow, but I want to do it right!

I'm not sure as the Welcome screen is my last screen. I think if your quick about "x/okay" everything, you can hit your home button and go back in and all should be ok, but again there is no guarantee when it comes to TL.

GroupMagma
01-24-12, 12:29 PM
The bug as it exists currently should just be cosmetic; the correct total should be displayed after awhile in the app. While the Coins are being displayed incorrectly, the calculations on our end should all be done correctly. This is something our engineers are currently looking at.

Blc_beauty
01-24-12, 02:19 PM
The bug as it exists currently should just be cosmetic; the correct total should be displayed after awhile in the app. While the Coins are being displayed incorrectly, the calculations on our end should all be done correctly. This is something our engineers are currently looking at.

I'll play the game starting tomorrow without buying anything to confirm that eventually the amount is added. If so, then no problem. But the amounts listed as not being collected seem quite large, and for someone to not notice that is strange.

Thanks for stopping by though and giving us some info!

rorostorm
01-25-12, 12:22 AM
Yes, thank you for answering but its not like you said, coins are not added at all. Another bug, i've ordered some things that required 15 min to be delivered but instead the time was 45...

rorostorm
01-25-12, 12:25 AM
Oh, and i wonder why the game doesnt have bugs that would advantage us, the players?!:)

barleycoon
01-25-12, 12:55 AM
Yes, thank you for answering but its not like you said, coins are not added at all. Another bug, i've ordered some things that required 15 min to be delivered but instead the time was 45...

TL are still investigating the issue, have you tried restarting your device to see if it might help?

13rebecca13
01-25-12, 01:09 AM
Happened to me this morning. It said I had accumulated 17,000 coins but said I only had 1,000. I tried everything you guys suggested. Also, I left my game running to check it and it said I had 2,450 then all of a sudden changed to 1,814. This is a joke. Especially when you're given 24 hours on a goal and you need to pay 20,000.

cristinae115
01-25-12, 02:11 AM

That has happened to me before as well with small amounts of coins and it seems that they at always displayed correctly if I go to visit a neighbor and then come back, or it just readjusts itself in a few minutes while I am in my store.

The large amounts of coins never came back. I tried what the other player had suggested and it seems to have worked. My coins stayed this morning when I quick hit my home button after X-ing out of the 'Welcome Back" screen. I am on iOS and she is on Android, so that strategy works on both. Hope this helps to get a permanent fix team lava! Thank you 😍

Blc_beauty
01-25-12, 10:42 AM
I had a successful launch this morning as well on both my iPhone and iPod games! I X'd out almost immediately and received all my coins, however now I've pinpointed another issue, which is more annoying than anything.

When receiving the daily rewards, prior to seeing the screen, the game goes offline. Fortunately it didn't result in loosing any coins (believe me I counted), however it gives me pause, especially after the loss of coin issues I've had.

To ensure I didn't end up with a loss in the coin column, I annotated the amount of coins I had when I was done playing the game for the night, and did not log back in until I was ready to play in the morning. Once I opened I added in all the coins the game said I had earned (overnight sales and daily play bonus) and made sure that my total was exactly what the game said as well.

Thanks for the info everyone!

queentina3
01-25-12, 09:12 PM
That is what I was doing in Bakery originally. I was showing around 80,000 being earned but my coin total was only around 30,000 so how did I earn 80,000 with only 30,000 being there???? LOL I then started to monitor by writing down what I had when I logged out for the day and the next morning, low and behold things weren't adding up. After sending multiple emails, complaining on the forum, I finally got that work-around. I wish I didn't have to do that, as it's a pain, but it looks like I'll have to until things get *fixed*.

I'm really glad it's working for you, as I wasn't sure if iOS would need a different solution to my Android. :p

Mzsmitty
01-27-12, 10:45 AM
Mine as well with the acception of instead of my new coin adding it is subtracting hopefully this will be fixed soon. As of now this bug has completely wiped my ingame bank i can't even order from catalogue due to No coin hurry tl my store will be empty soon

barleycoon
01-27-12, 10:54 AM
Mine as well with the acception of instead of my new coin adding it is subtracting hopefully this will be fixed soon. As of now this bug has completely wiped my ingame bank i can't even order from catalogue due to No coin hurry tl my store will be empty soon

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, it happened to me on RS. I went into a complete negative, not sure which device you're playing on. I'm on Idevice so it helped a little for me to play on another version of the game, sorry if it's not an option for you. I managed to get out of the negative by doing fast orders all the time when I was able too, and I had to sell items out of storage. I reported to TL, and it was fixed for me. I gave up hope it would be fixed, so I know how very frustrating this issue is. I really do hope a fix can be found for all the player's affected by this issue in some of the games.

pinkster73
01-27-12, 11:10 AM
I'm so sorry this is happening to you, it happened to me on RS. I went into a complete negative, not sure which device you're playing on. I'm on Idevice so it helped a little for me to play on another version of the game, sorry if it's not an option for you. I managed to get out of the negative by doing fast orders all the time when I was able too, and I had to sell items out of storage. I reported to TL, and it was fixed for me. I gave up hope it would be fixed, so I know how very frustrating this issue is. I really do hope a fix can be found for all the player's affected by this issue in some of the games.

Please say how they fixed it. It would help so many people.