PDA

View Full Version : My way and suggestion to avoid Gem traps

kancilkiller
01-24-12, 12:26 AM
As we know, the Gem traps happened from the result of we tapped too fast without paying too much attention onto what we are tapping.

I do speed cooking in order to quick level up my RS. Means I make lots of French Toasts with 10 Easy Stoves at the same time. (I am at level 44 btw)

To avoid Gem traps, this is what I do:

- avoid speed tapping on the right part of the screen, where the "Accept" button of the Gem screen are.
- Keep your speed cooking at left part of your screen, in that way, even you randomly tapping, you won't accidentally hit and wasted the Gem.

That's the only way I see right now to avoid those crazy Gem traps, until TeamLava fixed this problem with a confirm screen before spending any Gem.

p/s: I lost quite a lot of gems on cooking French Toast before too

The trick is

piggiful
01-24-12, 09:46 AM
You just gave them new ideas on where to place the gem traps:)
You know the gem traps are not accidental right? They are strategically placed.

pinkster73
01-24-12, 09:51 AM
Or: don't have gems to lose :)

sourlicorice2
01-24-12, 09:57 AM

Lol that'll work :-)

pastrychef17
01-24-12, 11:07 AM

That's my strategy, lol. I'm trying to keep my gem count low and spend it on what I really want instead of stockpiling and risk accidentially losing it on something I don't want.

kooky panda
01-24-12, 11:22 AM
I think it would be cool (for IOS-not sure what would be the same for android) if we could store our gems on Icloud???
Then go get them when we needed them??:p (JK)

piggiful
01-24-12, 11:25 AM
I think it would be cool (for IOS-not sure what would be the same for android) if we could store our gems on Icloud???
Then go get them when we needed them??:p (JK)

That would defeat the purpose of gem traps?

pops1972
01-25-12, 02:13 PM
How do you like the new marble floors. Notice they look just like the brown tiles. Just saying. I won't be being any more gems till I see positive change.

bigbaker0321
01-25-12, 03:31 PM
I really think gem traps are stupid, teamlava wants us to buy gems but puts gem traps so we spend them unintentionally... I think it's a cheap way of makin mOre money cuz if we accidentally fall for a gem trap, teamlava will expect us to buy more gems... Well in my case, of I buy a lot of gems and lose them unintentionally I wouldn't ever EVER buy anything from TL again...

queentina3
01-25-12, 07:33 PM
That's my strategy, lol. I'm trying to keep my gem count low and spend it on what I really want instead of stockpiling and risk accidentially losing it on something I don't want.

LOL, I'm doing the same. On Fashion I've gone above my 10 gem threshold limit I've set for myself so now I need to decide if I want some for my avatar or buy a gem decoration to get it back below 10 again. HAHAHAHA

queentina3
01-25-12, 07:34 PM
^ was supposed to be "something", not "some". grrrr, wish we could edit our posts.

pinkbarbie123
01-25-12, 07:36 PM
Amen! They lost money from me for pulling that

cakeandpie
01-26-12, 09:21 PM
Here's another trick, if you do tap a gem trap and IF you realize what you have done soon enough (which I know is often not possible because you're quick tapping, thinking you are tapping something else, but it may still help someone.) Keep your finger down. Move your finger off the button. In a few seconds, the button will go back to not beig highlighted and you can lift your finger.

samiwami316
01-27-12, 12:03 AM
I really think gem traps are stupid, teamlava wants us to buy gems but puts gem traps so we spend them unintentionally... I think it's a cheap way of makin mOre money cuz if we accidentally fall for a gem trap, teamlava will expect us to buy more gems... Well in my case, of I buy a lot of gems and lose them unintentionally I wouldn't ever EVER buy anything from TL again...

I totally agree with you about that. I would not buy them EVER AGAIN if I lost them like that.