PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents on the new dishes change in profit

kancilkiller
01-23-12, 08:14 PM
I noticed many people yelled and even tried to quit or boikott RS for the such crazy and drastic changes on the food.

Here are my 2 cents as a player at level 42, desperately wanted to level up:

What remains:
1. Time, XP remains the same

Good news:
1. Omelette, Bacon & Eggs, Bagels net profit remains the same
2. Fruit Salad, French Toast net profit increased
3. Price per plate increased
- Means now I actually gain faster profit if I focus myself in making the above 5 dishes;
- and means now I actually gain more net profit if I focus myself in making Fruit Salad and French Toast

Bad news:
3. Others slow food suffers reduced in net profit (range from 10% to 40% net profit)

What does that mean:
4. I have been using the fast food (French toast, Omelette, Fruit Salad) to speed level up; which means now I actually gain profit faster and more than before. Which is good news.

5. Some says new players will quit easier than beofre due to lowered profit margin. well, I don't see it that way. It is news to new players, which means they gain more profit by making more fast food.

5. Food price reduced means now you should save the money to buy only necessity (expand land, basic table or chairs) instead of spend on Unnecessity (overpriced decorations). Until you are at high level and maxed out all your land expansion, when profit doesn't carry meaning to you, then only you spend it on those decorative things

6. At most what we can do is yell and complain in forum, hope they revise the price; it is not to the extend we need to boikott or quit RS

queentina3
01-23-12, 08:26 PM
It wasn't just the cost that changed, it was the amount of food per plate. Most players can't spend 24/7 playing the game to keep food on their counters by baking those fast cooking dishes you mentioned, which happen to give the most profit and also the most dishes per hour. People could let their restaurant go for a day with limited food while cooking a 1 or 2 day recipe, now they can't. The food sells out far too quickly to even think about it.

I'm glad the game is still enjoyable to you, but I gave it a valiant effort and just don't have the kind of time RS requires in order to keep a counter with food on it.

barleycoon
01-23-12, 08:26 PM
Thank you, its really lovely to see how you've included the benefits and negatives. So it will be possible for new players to still level up as quickly, thanks for the figures so the quick food will still give the same amount of profit. Which is great news for newbie players. I'm a level 96 player, and I don't have the time to always make quick food. I had thousands of plates worth of food and so much has sold I've had to block the door to close. I really hope it can be adjusted so it suits all levels of players.
I too just brought the basics until I was rich, then I was able to have the more expensive coin items.

kancilkiller
01-23-12, 10:30 PM
It wasn't just the cost that changed, it was the amount of food per plate. Most players can't spend 24/7 playing the game to keep food on their counters by baking those fast cooking dishes you mentioned, which happen to give the most profit and also the most dishes per hour. People could let their restaurant go for a day with limited food while cooking a 1 or 2 day recipe, now they can't. The food sells out far too quickly to even think about it.

I'm glad the game is still enjoyable to you, but I gave it a valiant effort and just don't have the kind of time RS requires in order to keep a counter with food on it.

yes, I agree with you, to certain extend.

Previously I have 20 tables+chairs and still more than enough to feed those Clone Troopers marching in to my Restaurant; but now, I have to reduce to 10, now 8, and I am considering reducing further or else I have to shut down my Restaurant to stock up before allowing those Clone Troopers marching in. But that does not has much great impact. The priority is to make lots of fast food and level up.

I think this is what TL wants, they want to remove all leasure players and keep those who spend a lot of time playing RS; They want to keep those agressive players and not those leasure players.

To me, I don't spend 24/7, but I do spend significant lots of time on daily tipping and making fast food (about 3 hours daily), typically later at night before hitting my bed. I am not crazy enough to add over hundred or thousand of neighbours blindlessly, I have only 60+ good neighbours who are fast responding in answering requests, I also delete low rating, slow or inactive players, and add high rating players regularly to ensure my daily tips are given to those who are contributing instead of just receiving.

However, this is my practice, just for your reference. Check the goals before go to bed. Plan ahead what to cook next, to ensure and try not to clash with office hour or midnight. some goals requires to cook 16 hours dish, so make sure cook on 00:00 midnight and will be done right after office hour the next day. if dishes requires 6 hours, then it can split between 00:00, 06:00 (morning), 12:00 (lunch hour), or 06:00 (after office hour)

After office hour is when the time I used to do speed cooking and level up; other 16 hours are to do those nonsense goals.

And regarding food sells out too quickly, I don't see it is any how a problem, but correct me if I am wrong. As I notice, food may ran out for hours, but it only start dropping when you start playing it. What I will do is reduce the chair to ensure the food supply is enough to feed those incoming Clone Troopers.

maryindigo
01-24-12, 04:20 AM
You make some valid points and I do think in time folks will come back to playing the game. It's TL's sneaky way of implementing the changes is where their re****tion is going to take a hit. I was actually looking forward to finishing this game and starting some of the other TL games but not after this. Something about this situation has left a......well you know how the saying goes. Just can't see myself spending anymore money on any of their games even if it goes back to the way it was.- Just my 2?.

maryindigo
01-24-12, 04:21 AM
Just my 2 cents

putka
01-24-12, 04:39 AM
Before bed, after bed, before office, before breakfast, after breakfast, before lunch, after lunch, 3 hours straight before bed.... Whaaaat?

I don't have the time and/or the desire to plan my whole day, evening and night around this game. When i was new to the game, for a month or two, yes. But not anymore. I want to check in two-three times a day. And not spend half the day, PLANNING for the next one. With my new restaurant, i am buying only needed stuff and i still don't see how i will EVER expand.

A 16-hour dish only making 400 plates is just not ok. To you it might not be a deal-breaker, but you can't tell other people that they don't have the right to be as upset as they are. If it makes the game un-enjoyable to some, should they keep playing only because you don't think it's a big deal?

klaatoo
01-24-12, 05:49 AM
Isn't the answer to food shortages to have more stoves? I've been playing RS for a couple of weeks and decided to invest in appliances and expansions to add multiple stoves and counters. I'm now concentrating on mastery and xp instead of worrying about running out of food. I probably won't spend anymore real money on the game until I need to expand again. Playing on Android tablet.

bigtail2
01-24-12, 07:44 AM
Haha, maybe I would have bought more appliance slots, but I lost my gems to the gem traps and refuse to buy any more, given TL's refusal to implement a confirmation button!

lsloman
01-24-12, 07:57 AM
I don't know why TL keeps making changes that we don't want, but changes things are aren't broken. changing the way we gift was finally changed back after thousands of complaints, why? Because it was better the way it was. Same for the prices, why change something that no one asked for? Why not concentrate on the bugs that are out there....like our coins decrease by the tens of thousands every morning when we load our games? TL, don't you know that a satisfied customer spends more money?

pinkster73
01-24-12, 08:00 AM
I don't know why TL keeps making changes that we don't want, but changes things are aren't broken. changing the way we gift was finally changed back after thousands of complaints, why? Because it was better the way it was. Same for the prices, why change something that no one asked for? Why not concentrate on the bugs that are out there....like our coins decrease by the tens of thousands every morning when we load our games? TL, don't you know that a satisfied customer spends more money?

Apparently not.

queentina3
01-24-12, 08:04 AM
Isn't the answer to food shortages to have more stoves? I've been playing RS for a couple of weeks and decided to invest in appliances and expansions to add multiple stoves and counters. I'm now concentrating on mastery and xp instead of worrying about running out of food. I probably won't spend anymore real money on the game until I need to expand again. Playing on Android tablet.

Which is most likely their goal here. Get those that are frustrated to fork over cash for gems so they can unlock the appliances earlier than when they level up to them, as well as spending them on expansion as it's really hard to get the amount of coin to expand with coins now, unless you spend 24/7 cooking French Toast. LOL

I have 9 appliances and after attempting for 1 1/2 days to keep food on my counter, I finally gave up. If 9 appliances isn't going to cut it right now, then it's not worth my time to play. I have the other TL games to keep me occupied and RS will just have to not be one of them.

pops1972
01-24-12, 08:21 AM
Where does team lava say that the changes were made to level the playingfield for new players?

pinkster73
01-24-12, 08:22 AM
Where does team lava say that the changes were made to level the playingfield for new players?

GM posted that statement a few days ago

queentina3
01-24-12, 08:31 AM

Here. It was in one of the many price/qty changing complaint threads.

There are several reasons for making the changes, including easier to build for new players (keep in mind recipes are also cheaper now, and many users have commented about running out of money too early and wanting to Reset), and surplus food on counters. While the changes are a bit jarring now for longtime players, we feel in the longrun this will improve the longterm economy and balance of the game.

pops1972
01-24-12, 08:36 AM
Thankyou very much.

queentina3
01-24-12, 08:37 AM
There is also a blog from them on it as well. That is here:

http://blog.teamlava.com/post/16082390373/an-explanation-about-price-or-feature-changes

cupcakes4cece
01-24-12, 08:40 AM
I have 9 appliances and after attempting for 1 1/2 days to keep food on my counter, I finally gave up. If 9 appliances isn't going to cut it right now, then it's not worth my time to play. I have the other TL games to keep me occupied and RS will just have to not be one of them.

I have ten and can't keep food on the counters. Had to leave the game this morning with a shop rating of 46 and a stream of angry red faces going out the door. I hate this!!!

kancilkiller
01-24-12, 09:04 AM
You make some valid points and I do think in time folks will come back to playing the game. It's TL's sneaky way of implementing the changes is where their re****tion is going to take a hit. I was actually looking forward to finishing this game and starting some of the other TL games but not after this. Something about this situation has left a......well you know how the saying goes. Just can't see myself spending anymore money on any of their games even if it goes back to the way it was.- Just my 2?.

Well, actually I kinda hate the Goals in RS where you have you spend crazy amount of money to buy some crazy decorative. $2.5 million to buy a Chocolate Fountain? What the hell... even if it is a working Chocolate Fountain, I won't spend $2.5 million on it. 2.5 million can be used for more meaningful things.

Will I spend real money on buying virtual Gem? No. I won't. I don't mind paying real money to buy the game itself; but if you want me to pay real money to buy virtual money in order to advance the game in certain way, forget it. I won't pay a single cent for something uncertain.

kancilkiller
01-24-12, 09:18 AM
A 16-hour dish only making 400 plates is just not ok. To you it might not be a deal-breaker, but you can't tell other people that they don't have the right to be as upset as they are. If it makes the game un-enjoyable to some, should they keep playing only because you don't think it's a big deal?

Perhaps I am still very new and excited about this game, maybe another two months down the road I may feel tired and quit RS totally.

16 hour dish only making x number of plates, does that really matter? Which one you prefer?
A. 16 hour to make 1000 dish, and each dish sells at $2. and you make $2000 profit; or
B. 16 hour to make 200 dish, and each dish sells at $10. and you still make $2000 profit too.

Is that a deal breaker to you? Is there any difference? To me, it has no difference at all, if I would cut down the availble chairs from 20 chairs to 4 chairs, and I will get the same length of time spent like previously. If you spend little time on RS, this is what you should do, by reducing the chairs.

If you spend a lot of time on RS, then you can remains 20 chairs, which means you supposed to spend 25 minutes to sell 1000 dish to gain $2000 profit, now you only have to spend 5 minutes to sell 200 dish and to gain $2000 profit. No significant difference. In a way, it is an advantage right? :)

kancilkiller
01-24-12, 09:23 AM

If worry about food shortages, just reduce the chairs, less Clone Troopers to serve means slower your food supply consumption. :) To the extend, just block the door with any object to stop those Clone Troopers marching in and you have all the food to yourself, then release it when you think you are ready to resume the business. :)

queentina3
01-24-12, 09:27 AM
If worry about food shortages, just reduce the chairs, less Clone Troopers to serve means slower your food supply consumption. :) To the extend, just block the door with any object to stop those Clone Troopers marching in and you have all the food to yourself, then release it when you think you are ready to resume the business. :)

Blocking the door ends up with a quick sale and all your items are gone instantaneously as soon as you re-open. The games were not designed to have doors blocked. There are very few times that unblocking the door while visiting neighbors won't result in all your stock being gone, but again these are rare. Just figured you should know that, in case you didn't.

sourlicorice2
01-24-12, 09:32 AM

I just temporarily quit Restaurant until TL changes it back. I don't want to play the way you mentioned. I had no problems before having a bunch of tables and chairs out before, cooking longer time items and having plenty stocked up. I had 18 appliances and was still running out of food fast. I'm not spending my time planning what I want to cook. I want to be able to concentrate on cooking the recipes I haven't mastered yet without having to waste time on ones I have and stay stocked. All of which I was able to do before this dumb change. Until its changed back I won't play it, I won't spend anymore money on gems (and I've spent a crazy amount) until they do. The game is not enjoyable if I can't cook what I want, decorate the way I want. I'm not and do not have the time to cook 24/7 and won't be forced into cooking items I don't want to cook just to stay stocked (insert angry ticked off face here).

sourlicorice2
01-24-12, 09:36 AM
Oh and it wasn't so much the price change. If it had just been that I would have grumbled but carried on playing. It's the number of plate servings costing me to run out of stock way to fast that did me in.

kancilkiller
01-24-12, 09:38 AM
Blocking the door ends up with a quick sale and all your items are gone instantaneously as soon as you re-open. The games were not designed to have doors blocked. There are very few times that unblocking the door while visiting neighbors won't result in all your stock being gone, but again these are rare. Just figured you should know that, in case you didn't.

This is something new to me. Because never really go to the extend I have to block the entrance. When I see my food in short supply, I reduced the chairs quantity so that my food supply can be consumed slower. So far it works to me.

unless you tell me less chair, and they eat as fast as 1 second per dish. Then this is really screwed up.

If that's true, then perhaps that's why I see some neighbour design a maze-like restaurant for the Clone Troopers waste a lot of time walking to the Host Table, and then walk all the way back to the chairs which is at the entrance. LOL

jennyfinch1
01-24-12, 09:41 AM
Its ridiculous I had all My counters full of different kinds of foods with about 2000 of each food! I cane back an hour later and it was all gone! Also the gems u have to buy to either skip a challenge or buy an item to finish the challenge! It would be much better I u could buy gems with money that u earn from the food u sell!

queentina3
01-24-12, 09:50 AM
This is something new to me. Because never really go to the extend I have to block the entrance. When I see my food in short supply, I reduced the chairs quantity so that my food supply can be consumed slower. So far it works to me.

unless you tell me less chair, and they eat as fast as 1 second per dish. Then this is really screwed up.

If that's true, then perhaps that's why I see some neighbour design a maze-like restaurant for the Clone Troopers waste a lot of time walking to the Host Table, and then walk all the way back to the chairs which is at the entrance. LOL

Many people did that because it takes longer for the customers to get in, sit down, eat, then leave. It helps keep their stock going. However, the smaller restaurants, aka new players, are already cramped for space so attempting to do that just makes it even harder, and many don't want to have to do that. They want to design their places themselves, not be forced into a "maze" situation just to keep stock up.

Removing chairs just gets a lower rating and unhappy clone troopers (LOL), which many don't like either.

End result for me: Dont' like the changes, can't keep up, quit playing. Happier me. ROFL

kancilkiller
01-24-12, 10:41 AM
Removing chairs just gets a lower rating and unhappy clone troopers (LOL), which many don't like either.

End result for me: Dont' like the changes, can't keep up, quit playing. Happier me. ROFL

About the low customer satisfaction rating, is something I don't understand. What if it drops until zero? What are the consiquences? Anyone done that before?

Heheh.. The so called Customers are programmed to do only one task: March into the Restaurant, eat whatever are served on the Counter, and leave the place. And they all look-alike!!

If they are not Clone Troopers, I have no idea what they are.

the second closest description I would call them as Orcs. You know... Lord of the Rings... or Shreks....

putka
01-24-12, 01:10 PM
Perhaps I am still very new and excited about this game, maybe another two months down the road I may feel tired and quit RS totally.

16 hour dish only making x number of plates, does that really matter? Which one you prefer?
A. 16 hour to make 1000 dish, and each dish sells at $2. and you make $2000 profit; or
B. 16 hour to make 200 dish, and each dish sells at $10. and you still make $2000 profit too.

Is that a deal breaker to you? Is there any difference? To me, it has no difference at all, if I would cut down the availble chairs from 20 chairs to 4 chairs, and I will get the same length of time spent like previously. If you spend little time on RS, this is what you should do, by reducing the chairs.

If you spend a lot of time on RS, then you can remains 20 chairs, which means you supposed to spend 25 minutes to sell 1000 dish to gain $2000 profit, now you only have to spend 5 minutes to sell 200 dish and to gain $2000 profit. No significant difference. In a way, it is an advantage right? :)

Just like I din't want to spend ALL my time planning and playing 1 game, I also don't want to have to kee redecorating my place to try to adjust it to TL's latest whim. I want my place to look the way i want it to look and have as many/as few tables and chairs I think look good.

Also, your notion that we still make the same coin amount as before is completely FALSE. Just have a look at the thread "How to NOT stock out", where smart people did the actual math and proved that what you are claiming is not true.

And yeees you are new. That explains why you are willing to plan your whole life around the game. I did the same thing before. It gets old really fast.

To me, it does matter that after 16hrs I only get 400ish plates. 400 plates are gone in 10mins. I would rather have a stocked place for more than 10-50mins a day.

I thought that it was clear by what I said before that to ME (and obviously a lot of others) there IS a significant difference and the new way is NOT an advantage. No matter how many times you ask the same questionsx the answer will be the same. So here are the answers again.

There IS big difference. For a lot of people it IS a deal-breaker and selling out so quickly is NOT an advantage.

putka
01-24-12, 01:18 PM
And the person that "solved" the problem by buing , more appliance slots and paying gems for expansions......CONGRATS! That's exactly what TL was trying to achieve with these changes. FORCE people to buy gems for appliances and expansions, because geptting those without gems now will either take FOREVER.

You are the proof that their strategy is succeding, so i guess there is no chance of them going back now.

klaatoo
01-24-12, 01:40 PM
And the person that "solved" the problem by buing , more appliance slots and paying gems for expansions......CONGRATS! That's exactly what TL was trying to achieve with these changes. FORCE people to buy gems for appliances and expansions, because geptting those without gems now will either take FOREVER.

You are the proof that their strategy is succeding, so i guess there is no chance of them going back now.

I was playing before the update started and could not keep counters full.

Plenty of players willingly pay for decorations, I dont, I chose to pay the equivalent of an xbox game to continue playing in a manner that is relaxing and fun for me.
The game is free, to buy gems or not is a personal choice.
TL is giving a free game and I for one like it enough to pay a little now and then.

estatelindo
01-24-12, 02:48 PM
Not trying to be offensive, but some of us have "real" lives and cannot or do not want to spend 3 hours playing RS. I have been playing RS, BS, Fashion Story, and Farm Story for about a year and spend at most 2 hours on all 4. Some days I may have only 15 minutes, so long term foods are important and I don't feel that dedicated players should be cast aside for new players. However, these games don't consume my life, so if Team Lava doesn't care, they can be deleted and I can go back to FarmVille and the other Zynga?? games. Only started playing these games because I enjoy using my iPad. I would miss my wonderful neighbors but....that's what Facebook is for!

sourlicorice2
01-24-12, 04:11 PM
Not trying to be offensive, but some of us have "real" lives and cannot or do not want to spend 3 hours playing RS. I have been playing RS, BS, Fashion Story, and Farm Story for about a year and spend at most 2 hours on all 4. Some days I may have only 15 minutes, so long term foods are important and I don't feel that dedicated players should be cast aside for new players. However, these games don't consume my life, so if Team Lava doesn't care, they can be deleted and I can go back to FarmVille and the other Zynga?? games. Only started playing these games because I enjoy using my iPad. I would miss my wonderful neighbors but....that's what Facebook is for!

Exactly!!!!!!!

robynznest
01-24-12, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't criticize how anyone chooses to spend their own money, and I pay money for lots of games and gaming equipment myself. I was actually planning on buying a gem package recently. Then, I was redecorating and somehow in the blink of an eye lost all my gems - and I never even figured out what I actually "purchased." I was so annoyed, and if it had been real money I'd lost instead of the "free" gems, I would have been even angrier.

Even though these gems are already paid for, my theory is that by causing you to lose gems "accidentally", TL hopes you will spend MORE money to buy MORE gems to get what you really wanted in the first place. If this isn't true, then I challenge TL to create that confirmation that it seems people have requested about 4,000,000 times. There are confirmation buttons galore on every TL game - yet not a single one when it comes to spending "real" money. Hmmm.

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy the game and harbor no resentment towards anyone who does. But I just got fed up. Life's too short to be stressed out by a game.

I have no problem with a company charging its customers and I don't expect to have the same game experience for free as someone who pays to play elements of the game. But I refuse to be downright tricked out of my money. Sure, all companies manipulate us in some ways to get us to buy their products - but there is a difference between this manipulation, which a logical brain can fight off, versus plain trickery. It's theft disguised as a business practice and I won't put up with it.

I was playing before the update started and could not keep counters full.

Plenty of players willingly pay for decorations, I dont, I chose to pay the equivalent of an xbox game to continue playing in a manner that is relaxing and fun for me.
The game is free, to buy gems or not is a personal choice.
TL is giving a free game and I for one like it enough to pay a little now and then.

robynznest
01-24-12, 04:56 PM
Confirmation *Button, I mean.

Btw, is it still the case that we are not allowed to edit our own posts? Because this is also something that TL was "looking into" eons ago.

Bottom line: Customer service = non-existent. We are as meaningless to them as the "clone customers" that come into our restaurants.

niccy79
01-24-12, 06:19 PM
Also to mention those of us that r higher levels r now losing profit due to cooking so many dishes and selling them for higher prices...since the change we r losing money (those of us who spent it). We will not make the profits that we thought we would when we originally purchased food! I have lost many nbrs due to this change...nbrs i have had for over a year! I had to start from the beginning like everyone else and had no problems playing the game! Now i have a lot more problems like not being able to keep full counters...its a load of $&@#!

niccy79
01-24-12, 06:24 PM
Confirmation *Button, I mean.

Btw, is it still the case that we are not allowed to edit our own posts? Because this is also something that TL was "looking into" eons ago.

Bottom line: Customer service = non-existent. We are as meaningless to them as the "clone customers" that come into our restaurants.

100% agree with u!!! I had sent customer service a email when i had lost my gems, food and some storage items...thier supposed records said i spent all my gems on reviving rotten food, deleted all my food and sold my storage items...what really annoyed me is i did none of that! They refused to help me further...so either thier records r glitched out just like the games half the time or they lied! I also had other questions in the same email and not one of them got answered!!!! So the TL support Doesnt care and doesnt listen based on my own experiences as well! I will never give them a dime again cause i feel they stole from me and refused to rectify it!

niccy79
01-24-12, 06:28 PM
100% agree with u!!! I had sent customer service a email when i had lost my gems, food and some storage items...thier supposed records said i spent all my gems on reviving rotten food, deleted all my food and sold my storage items...what really annoyed me is i did none of that! They refused to help me further...so either thier records r glitched out just like the games half the time or they lied! I also had other questions in the same email and not one of them got answered!!!! So the TL support Doesnt care and doesnt listen based on my own experiences as well! I will never give them a dime again cause i feel they stole from me and refused to rectify it!

If this happened to anyone else itunes can help u get a refund. U can also post complaints to itunes if TL doesnt listen like they did to me and many others!