PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: longer tips visit history

mixxed
01-23-12, 06:16 AM
Maybe the current information under News could show the last 100 tippers?
Or tippers in the last 24 hours?
Or even add some kind of history that we can reference to see which of our neighbors has tipped us.

It would be nice to Remove people who never tip back, and with this app being so focused on your neighbors helping you, having only a few won't do the trick. But spending the time to tip people who never tip you back is just frustrating.

kattybell
01-23-12, 06:18 AM
That is a good suggestion. It would be nice to see the last 100 tippers. I myself tip back those who post on my wall, I sometimes check the news feed.

mimirivera
01-23-12, 07:57 AM
This is a wonderful suggestion, especially after the recent changes, several of my neighbors quit. This would have made it much easier to weed them out!

bobbyrae
01-23-12, 08:05 AM
From another thread:
The messages feed was reduced from 20 to 10 to reduce loading time. It still functions the same as before. It will only display 10 at a time, but will continue to track the rest of the feed. Once you have gone through the first 10, the feed will update your list with the next 10 you have waiting.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

It's hardly likely it will be changed to show the last 100. Some people keep this info in spreadsheets or notebooks.

mixxed
01-23-12, 09:05 AM
I started to do this. And actually keep it on a flash drive...but considering I don't always play in front of my computer its pretty [] aggrivating to keep up with. Last night I cleaned out my photos and a good 200 of them were screen shots of the tip pages just so i could document the [] when I got in front of a computer.

And it still doesn't matter....unless I check hourly I am still going to miss people.

Maybe they can put in a counter attached to the neighbor profile list that shows how many times they have tipped you, or a symbol if they tipped in the last 24 hours. Something to aid in tracking this nightmare without the use of third party anything.

Honestly I get the impression TeamLava could care less about what the player base wants. They care about throwing out more apps to gem trap your money =)

mixxed
01-23-12, 09:06 AM
So if this is a never happening, I suggest the mass message feature in my other suggestion. At least that way people will see me on their wall to re-tip.

acermasters
01-23-12, 11:23 AM
That seems kinda unfair to people like me who work 16 hours a day and can only find time to cook and serve my food. I tip when I can and that's the best I could do.

savage_mel
01-23-12, 12:15 PM
From another thread:

It's hardly likely it will be changed to show the last 100. Some people keep this info in spreadsheets or notebooks.

It seems a bit unfair to expect ppl to keep this info in spreadsheets or notebooks. Most of us have jobs and/or families and play these games as something to do in the small amounts of down time we may have. I can't speak for anyone else, but I never started playing this game so I can stress myself out over spreadsheets and notes and whether or not I missed someone, etc. I think it is a great idea to show more than the last 10 tippers as I, myself would like to see who is stopping by and who isnt so I can keep my neighbor list free of dead weight

queentina3
01-23-12, 12:17 PM
I must be really dumb when it comes to computers and servers, as I don't understand why adding to the News Feed slows the load time but leaving the message area, where there seems to be no limit and much more writing taking place, isn't an issue with its length.

bobbyrae
01-23-12, 12:24 PM
It seems a bit unfair to expect ppl to keep this info in spreadsheets or notebooks. Most of us have jobs and/or families and play these games as something to do in the small amounts of down time we may have. I can't speak for anyone else, but I never started playing this game so I can stress myself out over spreadsheets and notes and whether or not I missed someone, etc. I think it is a great idea to show more than the last 10 tippers as I, myself would like to see who is stopping by and who isnt so I can keep my neighbor list free of dead weight

Well then, do as many of us do and tip & gift according to how you want to tip and gift. :p

mixxed
01-23-12, 12:27 PM
Sorry acermasters. But for me its a matter of, i have to fit in my work and my family and i don't want to neglect those on bakery who took the time to tip me. But it takes roughly 3 hours just to get through daily tips without posting a note. Why should I waste that much of my time if the person is only going to return the favor once a week at best.

I mean if i can see a list of how many times I got tipped by x neighbor, then I will give them the exact same attention, and in the process save myself the agony of trying to find the time in the day to get everyone so I don't feel like im taking and not giving back.

savage_mel
01-23-12, 01:42 PM
Well then, do as many of us do and tip & gift according to how you want to tip and gift. :p

Oh, I do. Don't get me wrong, I don't bother with spreadsheets and notes. I don't have time for that. The way I tip is to always tip back whoever writes on my wall and most of the time I check my news feed and tip those ppl as well. For this reason I am in agreement with mixxed that it would be nice if you could see more than just the last 10 ppl