PDA

View Full Version : why have my customers leaving with broken hearts !!??

lynsd
01-23-12, 04:39 AM
i have just started playing fashion story and most of my customers are leaving my shop unhappy !! i have items on racks and tables. i have mirrors and changing rooms, my customers can access all the items, but only a few are bu:)ying, any ideas anyone

barleycoon
01-23-12, 04:41 AM
i have just started playing fashion story and most of my customers are leaving my shop unhappy !! i have items on racks and tables. i have mirrors and changing rooms, my customers can access all the items, but only a few are bu:)ying, any ideas anyone

I'll add you and come and visit your shop, to see what might be happening.

lynsd
01-23-12, 05:11 AM
I'll add you and come and visit your shop, to see what might be happening.

ohhh thank you

Dippy112
01-23-12, 05:19 AM
if you are on android that might be it. I read some where in the forums that it's some sort of problem that TL are trying to resolve.

lynsd
01-23-12, 05:50 AM
if you are on android that might be it. I read some where in the forums that it's some sort of problem that TL are trying to resolve.

ohhh yes i am on android !! another problem for android users then, think i will give up. thanks for letting me know.

barleycoon
01-23-12, 06:00 AM
ohhh yes i am on android !! another problem for android users then, think i will give up. thanks for letting me know.

Just visited your shop, try moving some of the counters and racks around so the customers have a clear pathway to the stock, mirrors, changing rooms and till. Also to the door. I'll keep checking back, lovely shop too.

lynsd
01-23-12, 08:06 AM
Just visited your shop, try moving some of the counters and racks around so the customers have a clear pathway to the stock, mirrors, changing rooms and till. Also to the door. I'll keep checking back, lovely shop too.

thanks for the tips, i will try that and see how it goes, and thanks for liking my shop, like your too.

barleycoon
01-23-12, 08:08 AM
thanks for the tips, i will try that and see how it goes, and thanks for liking my shop, like your too.

Your very welcome, thank you too.

lynsd
01-23-12, 08:41 AM
Your very welcome, thank you too.

hi barleycoon, thanks so much, i have moved things around a bit and it does seem better, still have a few broken hearts, but not so many as before , but then i surpose you cant please all the people all of the time lol !! thanks again.

Dippy112
01-24-12, 05:22 AM
@ barleycoon: would you mind adding me and check if i have any apparent problems. been moving stuff around so much and my shops kind of full. maybe it's not 'cause I'm on android. Thx so so much!!

//Dippy112

queentina3
01-24-12, 05:39 AM
hi barleycoon, thanks so much, i have moved things around a bit and it does seem better, still have a few broken hearts, but not so many as before , but then i surpose you cant please all the people all of the time lol !! thanks again.

Right before they have the broken heart there should be a green picture over their head showing what it is they need, i.e. mirror, changing room. See what that picture is and add one of the necessary items and that should resolve the broken hearts for a little while. When I had to add mirrors, I just purchased a bunch and stuck them on the walls, they are cheaper and don't get in the way of racks. Just make sure you leave a space in front of them for the customers.

lynsd
01-24-12, 06:18 AM
Right before they have the broken heart there should be a green picture over their head showing what it is they need, i.e. mirror, changing room. See what that picture is and add one of the necessary items and that should resolve the broken hearts for a little while. When I had to add mirrors, I just purchased a bunch and stuck them on the walls, they are cheaper and don't get in the way of racks. Just make sure you leave a space in front of them for the customers.

ohhhhh thank you for your help x

Chiaun
01-26-12, 10:20 AM
I don't think Android is that much of an issue. Though there are many versions and phones so anything is possible.
I have a Droid 2 running 2.3.3 I rarely have any broken hearts. Nearly quit the game some months ago when I ran into a massive run of them, despite having numerous changing rooms, registers, and mirrors. I found that blocking a window it seems to have caused my problem.
If everything else seems good, nothing blocked etc, try storing items until you find the issue.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 10:41 AM
I am on android as well, and I too have people leaving with broken hearts although I have more than enough dressing rooms and mirrors. The bubble over their heads do not indicate why they are unhappy. My hearts are remaining 100% as well. It wouldnt bother me if it didnt affect my sales but it does affect my sales. I have tried everything too.

bobbyrae
01-26-12, 10:42 AM
@ barleycoon: would you mind adding me and check if i have any apparent problems. been moving stuff around so much and my shops kind of full. maybe it's not 'cause I'm on android. Thx so so much!!

//Dippy112

If you post a screet shot pic on this thread we could take a look & see what the prob could be as well.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 10:45 AM
I forgot to mention..... I have an EVO HTC 4G and my storm8 id is: OriginalBlond is anyone would like to look. However, I have had 1 person from the forums tell me they looked at my shop and they didnt see the issue.... I am so lost

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 10:46 AM
One more thing... I am unsure how to do the screen shot from my phone

kattybell
01-26-12, 10:47 AM
One more thing... I am unsure how to do the screen shot from my phone

Read the bottom of this thread. I looked at your store it could be the blocked window. http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18678-Customer-leaving-angry/page8

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 10:53 AM
ok, im gonna store/remove the windows and see if that works......annnnd that didnt work either.

kattybell
01-26-12, 10:58 AM
ok, im gonna store/remove the windows and see if that works......annnnd that didnt work either.

I'll look again.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 11:11 AM
I am trying to post a screen shot now.... my first time doing this so bear with me... :-)

bobbyrae
01-26-12, 11:17 AM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/8fdec2ef.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/db3325e2.jpg

I haven't seen any broken hearts leaving though. Look at the green icon that appears over the head of the customer before it changes to a broken heart. You'll see either a mirror or changing room or a clock face. If a mirror, then you need more mirrors, if a changing room then add more of those. If a clock, then your customers cannot get to the clothes they want.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 11:22 AM
so weird... on my side over half are broken hearts and there are never icons over the heads before the broken heart appears...... I took a picture with the "snap a picture feature on the game and emailed it to myself as a jpeg..... how do I post it in the thread? I would like for you to see my side of it (the broken hearts)

kattybell
01-26-12, 11:26 AM
so weird... on my side over half are broken hearts and there are never icons over the heads before the broken heart appears...... I took a picture with the "snap a picture feature on the game and emailed it to myself as a jpeg..... how do I post it in the thread? I would like for you to see my side of it (the broken hearts)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?7247-TUTORIAL-How-To-Post-A-Picture.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 11:30 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/dcr8z7.jpg

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 11:33 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/iqeby9.jpg see tthe broken hearts?? (and also, YAY I DID IT,LOL!!)

kattybell
01-26-12, 11:35 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/iqeby9.jpg see tthe broken hearts?? (and also, YAY I DID IT,LOL!!)

Besides broken hearts, do they have any other things about the heads?

kattybell
01-26-12, 11:35 AM
above*......

barleycoon
01-26-12, 11:36 AM
I too had some customer's with broken hearts, and I found it helped to move some of my counters/racks.
I found by having a clear path to all the stock, mirrors, changing rooms, till and door it helped reduce the broken heart issue. It does give the chance for redesign as well, which I really enjoy doing.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 11:39 AM
This is exactly what happens...... lady enters the store, walks up to the item (accesory or clothing) either goes to the mirror or dressing room, and then a broken heart appears and they leave with no purchase. There is no bubble before the broken heart giving a reason for the dissatisfaction, all the items are accesable (follow the lighter colored paths, thats the walk-way), and none of the mirrors or dressing rooms are blocked. I have tried re-arranging everything. The only thing i have NOT done is un-install the game and re-install. I am afraid that I may lose all of my clothing and accesories, and/or lose my items on order. I am really more fearful I will lose the items on order more than the items already in store ( im aware that TL has a server, etc.) SO, any ideas???

barleycoon
01-26-12, 11:47 AM
Our games are saved under our Storm8 ID's on TL's server, so you won't lose any game progress/items.
It's worth a try deleting the app, to see if it help's correct the issue. Please let the forum/TL know if this issue continues, thanks.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 11:49 AM
Think it may be a bug/glitch?

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 11:50 AM
ok, once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your Help!!!!!!!!!! <3

barleycoon
01-26-12, 11:57 AM
ok, once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for your Help!!!!!!!!!! <3

Your welcome, it may be a bug. Some other player's had these issues a few week's ago. Let the forum know if it continues though, thank you.

queentina3
01-26-12, 12:59 PM
Even though there is a spot in front of the cashier, maybe it isn't a big enough spot. Since they are going to the racks, mirrors, and dressing rooms, and then having a broken heart, I think it's the cashier that is the problem. Either you don't have enough room around her or you need more than 1.

Trying moving some stuff so there is more room by her and see if that helps.

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 01:29 PM
Well 2 reasons I dont think the cashier is the issue. 1) they have broken hearts WAY before they even get close to the cashier. The broken hearts occur RIGHT when they either leave the dressing room OR as soon as they check themselves out in the mirror. 2) I had my cashier in a wide open space (as I have re-designed several times trying to solve the issue) and the broken heart issue was the same. I un-installed the game, and I am now trying to install again but it keeps failing.... When I can finally get it to re-install, I will let you know if the re-install fixed the issue or not.

barleycoon
01-26-12, 01:39 PM
Well 2 reasons I dont think the cashier is the issue. 1) they have broken hearts WAY before they even get close to the cashier. The broken hearts occur RIGHT when they either leave the dressing room OR as soon as they check themselves out in the mirror. 2) I had my cashier in a wide open space (as I have re-designed several times trying to solve the issue) and the broken heart issue was the same. I un-installed the game, and I am now trying to install again but it keeps failing.... When I can finally get it to re-install, I will let you know if the re-install fixed the issue or not.
I'm sorry your having difficulties reinstalling, have you had any problems with getting other apps recently?
Is your ID working okay for the app store/ or android market? Which device are you playing on?

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 01:44 PM
Okay, I got the game re-installed finally. It didnt correct the issue.

One quick question though, really not realted though. In the upper right have corner of BS and RS there is a blue smiling guy. I know its a form of notifications/advertisements for the other games, but one notification its telling me it to help one of my neighbors with RSVP's and too "Give them a hand!" Well what does that mean? When I go to FS I dont see anything anywhere to thelp my neighbor with RSVP's. Any suggestions?

barleycoon
01-26-12, 02:00 PM
I'm really glad you've got your game back, as you've still got the issue's with your game I will let a moderator know for you. I've never seen the message give your nbr's a helping hand, maybe it's means just to gift back and help your nbr's sorry not too sure. I will have to watch and see if I get the same message too, and what happen's. Hopefully another player has had this happen, and can explain for us.

barleycoon
01-26-12, 02:06 PM
Okay, I got the game re-installed finally. It didnt correct the issue.

One quick question though, really not realted though. In the upper right have corner of BS and RS there is a blue smiling guy. I know its a form of notifications/advertisements for the other games, but one notification its telling me it to help one of my neighbors with RSVP's and too "Give them a hand!" Well what does that mean? When I go to FS I dont see anything anywhere to thelp my neighbor with RSVP's. Any suggestions?
Which device, device version and game version are you playing on? Thanks

OriginalBlond
01-26-12, 02:10 PM
Great! I am really greatful for the advice you have given me and for passing along my issue. As far as the other message... Just to let you know exactly what it says..

Fashion Story
Xxxxx needs RSVPs! Give them a hand! (a green box here says 'Accept')

Im not gonna mention my neighbor's name in chat so her name would go where the X's are

queentina3
01-26-12, 02:19 PM
I see those as well, you'll find the answer in the News Feed.

barleycoon
01-26-12, 02:32 PM
Sorry I misunderstood you, thanks for explaining. Click accept to send back to your nbr, the request will be in your news feed. Your welcome too, I really hope it's resolved for you as soon as is possible.