PDA

View Full Version : Christmas & valentine goals - fume!!!!

darkstar72
01-23-12, 04:03 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As you can no doubt tell the goals have left me fuming! The gems cost a lot of money and/or a lot of time to save up - so why should I HAVE to spend 24 of my hard earned gems to buy something I don't want/don't need/don't like so I can complete a task?! Penguin waiter - 24 gems or 10 to skip it?!!!! REALLY?!!!!! Spend 10 gems to not purchase anything? Another example - 250,000 coins to buy a freaking chocolate fountain which would take over my whole bakery!!!! With the changes TL have made to coinage/recipes it'll take me till next Christmas to earn 250,000 coins.

Believe me - I've worked my cotton socks off - been playing RS since Christmas Eve and I'm at Level 41 - but my coinage took a hit when I had to spend 50,000 on items to achieve part of a goal. Then I have to spend 10,000 a pop on the appliances which take forever to build seeing as at the minute I can only receive 10 gifts a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The goals should IMHO be food related only - cook this, this, this and ask nbrs for that, that, that and achieve goal. SIMPLE. Also, more of the the machinery should be ready made!!!!!!!!!! I'm ready to close my restaurant and my Level 96 Bakery.

WHEN A GAME BECOMES THIS MUCH HASSLE, IT CEASES TO BE FUN!

kancilkiller
01-23-12, 09:15 AM
I fully agree. this is really stupid

cazella10
01-23-12, 09:31 AM
That's why I quit and uninstalled. Definitely will never return.

pika4ever88
01-23-12, 10:08 AM
Then don't complete them, simple as that. If it's going to upset you so much, you have the choice to not do any of the goals... And yes it's not balanced for low level players (yes TL could've set it up better but ranting about it lead to nowhere), but I have a feeling it was more to entertain the long standing players who are able to cook 18 appliances at once and have plenty of gold (and maybe even gems) to spend...

I had about 15-16 appliances at the start of the goals. I was able to do all the ones in Bakery, skipping the Reindeer Penguin with 2 gems. For RS, I bought the Snowman Waiter (figuring if I was going to spend so many gems, I'd rather make it on an item than just a skip) and am not buying the Penguin Waiter or skipping it because I don't care about the clock. Had I researched here first, I would've not even bothered buying the snowman considering I don't care for any of the following rewards. The unlocked recipes are nice but now I'm -20 gems, after mastering them. So pointless.

Just like outside the game, you don't always get what you want. Outside the game, if you want to have something, you have to fork over real cash... In game, you have the choice not to complete goals you feel are unfair. However, if you want the end rewards, then pay up. ^^'. And yes you have a right to complain, but just saying it leads you no where. (:

Also, you can receive 20 gifts AND 20 requested items. If you're having trouble, check out the section I put together on gifting and requesting:

https://sites.google.com/site/tlstorygames/home/gifting-requesting

ultrafrog
01-23-12, 10:59 AM
Even though TL says they LOOOVEE interacting with its players *rolls eyes* I think they have heard us and changed their ways a bit in regards to goals.

The clock tables originally cost gems and were required for new years goals. Amid complaints the tables were updated to costing coins which also miffed some players because they had already spent gems on them but that's a separate issue.

Anyway. None of the New Year's goals required gems to complete, and so far I believe none of the Valentine's goals need gems to complete either.

I agree with you that the Christmas goals were shady in that they required gems to complete but at least for goals that have been released since then, they can be completed without spending gems.

darkstar72
01-30-12, 05:23 AM
Just like outside the game, you don't always get what you want. Outside the game, if you want to have something, you have to fork over real cash... In game, you have the choice not to complete goals you feel are unfair. However, if you want the end rewards, then pay up. ^^'. And yes you have a right to complain, but just saying it leads you no where. (:

https://sites.google.com/site/tlstorygames/home/gifting-requesting

My rant had nothing to do with "getting what I want". If I got what I want I'd be Vanessa Paradis and living with JD.......... However, as you say I do have a right to complain and I use that right, both here and in real life. Often. Complaining lets people know you are unhappy with a product or service. If people don't complain, others don't know you are unhappy - so how could things possibly change? I think TL have listened to my own and the many other complaints by players because as Ultrafrog says, none of the Valentine goals require gems to complete. And on that note, thanks TL x

I know you can receive 20 gifts and 20 requested items per day, but I was and still am only receiving a max of 10 gifts. I'll have a look at your section on gifting though, which may help, thank you.

I know that my neighbours are trying to send me more but get a message saying I'm maxed out. I'm a long-standing player (about 16 months) on BS (only 1 month 4 days on RS) and I've "forked over real cash" for gems on both games. I never (and have never) complained about buying gems - my complaint was centred around the fact that a lot of the Christmas goals (if a player chose to complete them) required the spending of a lot of gems on items they didn't necessarily want. It would have been just as easy for TL to have players to, say, buy a gnome for 3 gems instead of a snowman waiter for 24.

marrrina
01-30-12, 06:11 AM
I wasn't aware any of the Valentine goals required gem spending. At least I've yet to encounter one. I thought they got rid of that due to all of the complaints about gem-spending for Christmas goals.

bobbyrae
01-30-12, 06:52 AM
I wasn't aware any of the Valentine goals required gem spending. At least I've yet to encounter one. I thought they got rid of that due to all of the complaints about gem-spending for Christmas goals.
The penguin one is still there. But I don't understand this rant at all. If you don't want to spend 10 gems to skip or 20+ gems to buy the penguin, then who's forcing you?:confused:

starstar2
01-30-12, 07:34 AM
The Xmas goals that need gems is indeed unfair but the gift is a wall decoration clock hence may just worth it.
But the new year goals is without gems and the items they give is good - thus TL give us good bonus on this.
Now for valentine goals also no gems as I am completing soon is also good bonus.

As for me, level 96, the easiest and fastest to complete is new year goals, follow by Xmas goals and lastly valentine goals.
I complete new year goal in 7 days, Xmas goals in 14 days and valentine goals which still doing now but soon.
As for lowel levels, I do agree on the difficulty, but if the goal is simplify, it will be even easier for higher levels.
Thus is not easy for TL to strike a balance on this.
But for lower levels priority is still to be higher levels and gain max expansion.
But I feel that is possible to complete goals within 30 days for level 30 and above.
Hence is still do-able.