PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?

MizCricket
01-22-12, 07:41 PM
I'm trying to use the word "palace" in a comment on my neighbor's wall, and I keep getting the message that my comment contains inappropriate words. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with the word palace? :confused::confused:

BTW, I know it's the word palace because I posted different parts of the comment on my own wall until I got the same message, and it was the word palace that triggered it.

Ic3e
01-22-12, 08:16 PM
Really this has happened? Let me try and see what happens.

Ic3e
01-22-12, 08:21 PM
Really this has happened? Let me try and see what happens.

You're right! Palace is considered inappropriate. I don't know why though. Ask an official?

nmishii
01-22-12, 08:23 PM
Type in pa lace, with a space between the a and l. That'll work.

nmishii
01-22-12, 08:24 PM
Sometimes parts of the word are flagged as inappropriate, not the whole word. That is what is happening in this case.

bobbyrae
01-22-12, 08:44 PM
You're right! Palace is considered inappropriate. I don't know why though. Ask an official?

Don't bother. Apparently it's the biggest secret ever. Trust me on that. You'll get a response that it cannot be discussed. You can't type palm tree either. I suspect there is some inappropriate thing with the word pal. Have no idea why

bobbyrae
01-22-12, 08:45 PM
And since i just typed the word pal (twice now! The horror!) i suspect this thread will be closed shortly.

Whatever...

ariesblu
01-22-12, 08:47 PM
I wonder what it is in the word that is being flagged as inappropriate. Confused.

pinkster73
01-22-12, 08:50 PM
I pm'd the op. Aries I will pm you

nmishii
01-22-12, 08:51 PM
Once you stop being confused on what the inappropriate word is, you'll then be confused on why it is flagged as inappropriate.

bobbyrae
01-22-12, 08:53 PM
I wonder what it is in the word that is being flagged as inappropriate. Confused.

And we shall remain in the dark and confused forever apparently since it will never be made known. It cannot be discussed, i was told. Not even a proper response that it may refer to a sexual or racial or gender specific inappropriate term. Just, "it cannot be discussed".
So i guess it's top secret & locked away in a vault under police protection.

ariesblu
01-22-12, 08:55 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous.

iusedtobedigusr
01-22-12, 09:02 PM
Actually just today saw that this has a name, It's called the S****horpe Glitch or problem.

Here's where you can find out about it if interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S****horpe_problem

iusedtobedigusr
01-22-12, 09:03 PM
LOL and guess what even though it dates back to 1996 and AOL, It still get's blocked on here.

MizCricket
01-22-12, 09:14 PM
Type in pa lace, with a space between the a and l. That'll work.

I got aroound it by typing p@l@ce. Apparently the filter can read between asterisks because p*a*l*a*c*e didn't work. ;)

nmishii
01-22-12, 09:14 PM
Read the article. What about people living in Peacock City? Do they have problems?

iusedtobedigusr
01-22-12, 09:23 PM
Read the article. What about people living in Peacock City? Do they have problems?

LOL, I guess they could. I assume it depends on how broad the blocking rules they use are according to that article

bobbyrae
01-22-12, 09:36 PM

:) has anyone in farm story ever had a problem with peacock in the filter?

MizCricket
01-22-12, 09:37 PM
Actually just today saw that this has a name, It's called the S****horpe Glitch or problem.

Here's where you can find out about it if interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S****horpe_problem

That's what I figured it was flagging - parts of words that spell bad words - but I couldn't figure out what part of palace was "bad." The fact that part of the word has an obscure dirty meaning if you look it up in urban dictionary is a bit strict. I'm not sure there are many words that you couldn't find obscure dirty meanings for in urban dictionary.

iusedtobedigusr
01-22-12, 09:45 PM
That's what I figured it was flagging - parts of words that spell bad words - but I couldn't figure out what part of palace was "bad." The fact that part of the word has an obscure dirty meaning if you look it up in urban dictionary is a bit strict. I'm not sure there are many words that you couldn't find obscure dirty meanings for in urban dictionary.

True and flagging the word just makes people more curious to what's being flagged and why. So then you add to your Urban Dictionary vocabulary. When otherwise would have just read the sentence or whatever and never gave that word in it another thought.

bobbyrae
01-22-12, 09:48 PM
Funny enough, i have a neighbour with the word palace as part of her store's name...wonder how she got that through.

MizCricket
01-22-12, 09:49 PM
True and flagging the word just makes people more curious to what's being flagged and why. So then you add to your Urban Dictionary vocabulary. When otherwise would have just read the sentence or whatever and never gave that word in it another thought.

LOL! And I work in a school so it's not often that it's even possible to add to my Urban Dictionary vocabulary! :eek:

nmishii
01-23-12, 12:12 AM

I learned a lot of new words and read a lot of words I had forgotten about since they installed the filters in-game and on the forum.

nmishii
01-23-12, 12:12 AM
Funny enough, i have a neighbour with the word palace as part of her store's name...wonder how she got that through.

They may not have had the filter in place when she named her store. It was recent.