PDA

View Full Version : A Message To The Staff

brittanyyy21
01-22-12, 07:21 PM
I see that a lot of people are complaining about the horrible changes, and Teamlava only managed to conjure up one response which was
Originally Posted by GroupMagma
These changes were made to improve the balance of the game, particularly so for new players, and should improve the overall life-cycle for the game. Recipes should also cost less to purchase now, which should help when stocking up on recipes.

However, I understand that many of you are upset with these changes, which I'll relay to our design team.
Now, there is no possible way this could be a factual reason. I played BS and RS and FS on my HTC and was a high level (30s or so) and had to restart on my new iPhone. Technically I am a new player and this is NOT helping. I've had my iPhone since Christmas and had the games shortly after, and I'm only level 12 on RS !! I can't keep food in my restaurant for more than 10 minutes (for 6hour recipes) and like 2 minutes for 15 min recipes. I used to buy gems all the time because there was always a sale. Food rendered a lot of money and I was always expanding. Now, I never see a sale and can't expand.

Teamlava, there is no way on Gods green earth that this sneaky update was meant to help anyone. Improve the life cycle? It's making so many people quit! Im living off gifts from neighbors which is sad. This was a money move for you guys regardless of what you say, and I'm sure it will backfire. For the devout players who have really put time and money into it, change back. I noticed a lot of people saying they will not spend another dime on this game and I'm with them. It's no longer worth it. Boiled Lobster, 16 hours, from 2000+ to 825 .... Bad move.

Finally, check the most recent reviews. Many are 1-2 stars, or 4 stars with a bad message.

bigbux3
01-22-12, 07:37 PM
Hate the lower XP, prices, etc. I make certain dishes because I get a certain amount of coins and XP. Change it back TL!

guineapiggy4321
01-22-12, 07:47 PM
Agreed. I used to make lobster and other 12hr and 16hr dishes ALL THE TIME. But now, they're just a rip off...

barleycoon
01-22-12, 07:49 PM
I am extremely concerned as to how this will affect new players, it was hard enough when I first started playing the games. They probably won't be able to build food up quick enough, will get very frustrated and leave. I have already had to close on RS due to my food going down so quickly. The players want to get enjoyment out of the games, this has upset so many players myself included. I know players moaned about having too much food, I feel this will really impact badly on players. I like too have a variety of food out, I can't do that any more. None of us can close without running the risk of a quick sale, I feel we have been left without any options. Please change it back TL, before all your players leave the games.

bigbux3
01-22-12, 08:00 PM
I am extremely concerned as to how this will affect new players, it was hard enough when I first started playing the games. They probably won't be able to build food up quick enough, will get very frustrated and leave. I have already had to close on RS due to my food going down so quickly. The players want to get enjoyment out of the games, this has upset so many players myself included. I know players moaned about having too much food, I feel this will really impact badly on players. I like too have a variety of food out, I can't do that any more. None of us can close without running the risk of a quick sale, I feel we have been left without any options. Please change it back TL, before all your players leave the games.

Exactly, how will the new players ever get past level 10? It took me... I started play the Saturday it was released, and didn't reach level 10 until the next Thursday.

redbites
01-22-12, 08:11 PM
there isn't enough dishes per recipe!!! and it's driving me crazy!!

nmishii
01-22-12, 08:18 PM
I am one of those who has too much food on my counters.

When I first started playing, I had a hard time keeping my bakery open because the food sold too quickly. I never had an issue with coins as far as determining what to bake. Its going to be tougher for the new players now.

I didn't start keeping my bakery open until the weekly updates. The recipes in all the weekly updates until recently have way too many servings and that is what has caused many of us to have too much food. We have asked to have less servings per recipe. In RS, there were less servings and I thought it was about right.

If you restore the old recipes, I'd like less servings per recipe for future recipes in BS, and have them be comparable to RS.

If people are complaining that they don't have enough coins, it might be because of the exorbitant prices being charged now for coin items. Especially for the seasonal content, which should be available to all at a reasonable price. Some are totally out of reach for lower level players, no matter how you change the pricing structure.

yo3ana
01-22-12, 08:18 PM
I started playing restaurant as new player, all I could say is that I'm broke just after buying appliances, barely can make food, here's how games start easy on low levels but this game is most hard to start, I close.

xLadyLovelyx
01-22-12, 08:20 PM
I updated my rs and fs nd it was a huge mistake. I refuse to update my bs becase of all the stoopid pop ups nd gem traps. But its like i cant connect well with other bs players who have updated. I love my bs. I dnt want to eff it up. So im stuck between a rock nd a hard place. Ughhhh

sweetbear22
01-22-12, 08:25 PM
In agreement with all other players. How can we earn more with the same cook times and less plates? How is this helping new players?

tones22
01-23-12, 03:34 AM
I have quit all games this week due to all the changes they have made after playing for hours a day for a year and spending far too much money on gems. I will wait until things are either changed back or actually made better before reinstalling. I don't see it happening. :( Bit sad about it really.

barleycoon
01-23-12, 05:07 AM
I have quit all games this week due to all the changes they have made after playing for hours a day for a year and spending far too much money on gems. I will wait until things are either changed back or actually made better before reinstalling. I don't see it happening. :( Bit sad about it really.
I'm so sorry you're upset, take care. I really hope it's changed back for us.

xcellent
01-23-12, 05:08 AM
I close my door in RS, and soon BS due to this changes... I am not max in expansion yet, and the millions i need will take me long time to save bcos of this price drop.... Why do they keep changing things that doesn't need changing? Why do they do things that annoys most players rather than implement things that's been long requested?..... Is this a case of "take it, or leave it"? Literally leave?....

acermasters
01-23-12, 05:12 AM
I'm so sorry you're upset, take care. I really hope it's changed back for us.

It wont change back. Hoping will do you no good. But.here's a trick to building up food for mass money. And its so simple you blow your brains out. REMOVE THE CHAIRS FROM YOUR RESTAURANT.
see told you it was simple. Food doesn't spoil on the counters just on the appliances. Move the food to counter remove the chairs replace the chairs when your money runs out sad you need more.

acermasters
01-23-12, 05:15 AM
It wont change back. Hoping will do you no good. But.here's a trick to building up food for mass money. And its so simple you blow your brains out. REMOVE THE CHAIRS FROM YOUR RESTAURANT.
see told you it was simple. Food doesn't spoil on the counters just on the appliances. Move the food to counter remove the chairs replace the chairs when your money runs out sad you need more.
And* not sad -_-

Jonezy93
01-23-12, 05:22 AM
They have the same sort of "balance" and "improved life cycle" message in PSS when we complained about higher prices and doubled breeding times. The only thing it's doing is driving loyal, long term players away. It's their way of slowing down game progress artificially so they don't need to do any updates since it takes longer to complete stages.

mimirivera
01-23-12, 08:25 AM
When this initially happened, I wanted to be fair, and give it a chance. I have, (it sounds like everyone else has too) and I am finding it nearly impossible to keep food on my counters in BS. The quantities are illogical. I'm struggling to find the "balance"they spoke of in their statement. How could new players keep up? I would love for them to change it back, but like some others, I really doubt it will happen.

I was forced to quit RS & Fashion almost immediately because empty counters and angry faces take all the fun out of it.
Out of 126 neighbors, nearly HALF have quit! No tables to tip means your rating drops!

TL, please give us back the "fun" and strategy!

Rachael98
01-23-12, 08:38 AM
I think TL might have seriously messed up on some of their most popular games.

Just sayin'

acermasters
01-23-12, 08:50 AM
It would seem that im the only one to keep a 97 or better customer service and keep food on the table and money to make more. ?-_- it soooooooo hard to be me

queentina3
01-23-12, 12:27 PM
IMO I think people want to play the games as if it was a real restaurant/bakery/boutique/etc......Having to block doors, make area smaller (Fashion), remove chairs, is all going against how the game was initially meant to be played.

We should be able to make our shops look the way we want and still be able to have counters that aren't completely empty. Why should we HAVE to remove chairs, or BLOCK doors, in order to have some stock? I'm not saying every counter or rack has to be piled with goods, but having NO STOCK, without going to those extremes, defeats the purpose of the game.

Again, this is only my opinion, but I know when I started these games it was already hard enough to get a good balance of items on the counters, now it's almost impossible to go an hour, 2 at the most, without having empty counters/racks again.

brittanyyy21
01-24-12, 11:43 AM
Everyone is completely right. Honestly. Things are outrageously expensive with coins and even worse with gems. Can't make the money needed because of the low amounts of money the dishes now make. This is hurting virtually everyone! I hope the staff reads this!