PDA

View Full Version : What is a short sale?

km9900
01-22-12, 05:21 AM
I read that if you block your shop door overnight you risk having a short sale. What does that mean?

barleycoon
01-22-12, 05:25 AM
I read that if you block your shop door overnight you risk having a short sale. What does that mean?

Sometimes a quick sale may occur if the door is blocked, as it's not a design feature of the game. However, I've found by visiting lots of other players it sometimes helps do this straight away after unblocking the door. Some players block the cash register too, it does get easier to build stock I've discovered once into middle levels.

nmishii
01-22-12, 07:10 AM
Your inventory is immediately sold. You get coins for what is sold.

xSnowyOwlx
01-22-12, 02:01 PM
It happens sometimes - and if TL didn't plan this feature they should have made it impossible not to block the door (I know the game TinyChef does this and I deleted it because the game demands 24/7 upkeep).

Blocking the door is a great thing if you want to stock up AND not lose your customer happiness level. If you don't care about the customer happiness level (the higher your rating, the more customers you'll get) then block the register as customers can't buy anything so you can stock up.

Another thing you can do is block off some racks and counters so customers can't get to them. Then leave others with lots of clothes and accessories available while stocking up on others. Then rotate them when you get empty racks and counters.

pinkster73
01-22-12, 02:07 PM
Your inventory is immediately sold. You get coins for what is sold.

Concise, to the point, and correct.

atlantisonearth
01-22-12, 02:08 PM
Yes, you guys are correct. :) In reality a short sale is a sale of real estate in which the proceeds from selling the property will fall short of the balance of debts secured by liens against the property and the property owner cannot afford to repay the liens' full amounts, whereby the lien holders agree to release their lien on the real estate and accept less than the amount owed on the debt. Any unpaid balance owed to the creditors is known as a deficiency. Short sale agreements do not necessarily release borrowers from their obligations to repay any deficiencies of the loans, unless specifically agreed to between the parties.
A short sale is often used as an alternative to foreclosure because it mitigates additional fees and costs to both the creditor and borrower; however both will often result in a negative credit report against the property owner.

Bridgette1
01-22-12, 02:46 PM
Yes, you guys are correct. :) In reality a short sale is a sale of real estate in which the proceeds from selling the property will fall short of the balance of debts secured by liens against the property and the property owner cannot afford to repay the liens' full amounts, whereby the lien holders agree to release their lien on the real estate and accept less than the amount owed on the debt. Any unpaid balance owed to the creditors is known as a deficiency. Short sale agreements do not necessarily release borrowers from their obligations to repay any deficiencies of the loans, unless specifically agreed to between the parties.
A short sale is often used as an alternative to foreclosure because it mitigates additional fees and costs to both the creditor and borrower; however both will often result in a negative credit report against the property owner.

That was what I also immediately thought of! ;)