PDA

View Full Version : most Efficient RS design (without maths)

fecsuper
01-21-12, 09:21 PM
The Most Efficient RS Design, I could MATH.
I propose to call this design the "T DESIGN"

Hello again, This time I decided to make the smallest Seat design, but with the maximum clients at all time.

So this design is the most efficient in Space, but is the faster one you can design, and earn the maximum that you can earn (45,000 plates), and have a 100% satisfaction.

The maximum servings per day in RS is 29 seats, at 45,000 plates served per day, x4 = $180,000 coins per day.

I did a lot more MATHS again, but this time, I will not put the equations because are a little more difficult to understand, but if you need them,please let me know, and I share them with you.

The results are INCREDIBLE !!!! Even me, I couldn't believe them, so I decided to design it and prove it on my RS, before showing to you, that is why I took so long !!

The results has:

100% satisfaction
$180,000 coins earn per day (at +4/plate for 45,000 plates dairy)
9 x 7 = 63 squares of space (SMALLEST EVER)
Only 19 seats !!!!!! (I couldn't believe, but YES, it works, you do not need the 29 SEATS)
100% satisfaction always

YES!!!, with only 19 seats, you EARN the MAXIMUM of 45,000 plates a day
Now with +4 plates in RS, you can earn a maximum of $180,000 dairy.

Well here is the design, it is working on STORM8 ID : LIZSUPER
If you want to see it.

This small design, will suffice to earn all the possible MONEY, consume the maximum PLATES, and RUN FASTER on your RS. 100% satisfaction Guarantee!

And the BEST, IT IS FOR FREE !!!!!

http://www.cuanalo.com/federico/optimazedrs.png

Extra for RS designers:
You can even CLOSE the 3 ways out (center, left and Right), and then you can DESIGN ALL your RS, with all the extra chairs and tables you want.

BTW:
1 door or 2 doors : have the same results.
1 host table or 2 host tables : have the same results.
Tipping do not affect.

I hope you enjoy it.

Luna48
01-21-12, 10:28 PM
This is amazing. I cannot dare do it in RS because I will run out of food way to fast. I may try in BS just to see it work. Thanks for sharing your hard work and making it so easy to understand.

fecsuper
01-21-12, 10:48 PM
Thanks for sharing your hard work and making it so easy to understand.

You're welcome.

If you need some special design or analysis, I will be happy to help. I like this part of the game. Bad luck all plates now are +4 coins, because that trunk an amazing new level of possibilities. Now RS is only PLAIN (more easy) with 1 variable less.

pika4ever88
01-21-12, 11:07 PM
Wow, fecsuper, you've topped yourself! :DD.

The only "con" to this design is it requires people to use gems to buy another door (10G) so they can move doors. The original location of the door only has two squares above it. :/.

So here's a challenge to you if you want to pick it up... Design a gem-free solution! I'm rooting for ya. :D.

pinkster73
01-21-12, 11:10 PM
You impress me again. You're like Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory :)

misukume
01-21-12, 11:15 PM
it works.
1st customer reaches the furthest seat when the 7th customer appears, leaves the seat on the 22th (takes ~30s to eat) and exits store on the 25th (spends ~50s total).

fecsuper
01-21-12, 11:17 PM
So here's a challenge to you if you want to pick it up... Design a gem-free solution! I'm rooting for ya. :D.

Hello pika4ever88, of course I get the challenge, with pleasure and joy. For me this is the best part of TL games.
Working on a : gem-free, Hi-velocity food eater !!!!

pika4ever88
01-21-12, 11:20 PM
Hello pika4ever88, of course I get the challenge, with pleasure and joy. For me this is the best part of TL games.
Working on a : gem-free, Hi-velocity food eater !!!!

You get 100% customer satisfaction from the forum users! ;D.

Luna48
01-21-12, 11:38 PM
I set it up in my BS. The gold coins popping off the tables look like champagne bubbles. There is so much movement it might be hard to tip those tables. lol I love this thread. Now can you figure out how to get more food on the tables in RS??

pika4ever88
01-21-12, 11:51 PM
I set it up in my BS. The gold coins popping off the tables look like champagne bubbles. There is so much movement it might be hard to tip those tables. lol I love this thread. Now can you figure out how to get more food on the tables in RS??

Basically, to make more food, make the shorter time table... fecsuper's thread on related topic:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23110-How-to-do-NOT-STOCK-out-%21%21%21-%28servings-hour%29

fecsuper
01-21-12, 11:51 PM
now can you figure out how to get more food on the tables in rs??

lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pika4ever88
01-21-12, 11:52 PM
Basically, to make more food, make the shorter time table... fecsuper's thread on related topic:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23110-How-to-do-NOT-STOCK-out-%21%21%21-%28servings-hour%29

*shorter time recipe, woops...

pika4ever88
01-21-12, 11:55 PM
fecsuper, you're on my site :o: https://sites.google.com/site/tlstorygames/

Home > BS/RS Efficiency

Luna48
01-22-12, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the link, pika4ever88.

misukume
01-22-12, 12:02 AM
if you add 1 more seat for BS, the setup also runs smoothly while the BS app is open with 25 customers.
*BS customers eat faster while the app is open.

misukume
01-22-12, 12:12 AM
ah, make it 2 extra seats instead of 1 for BS.

Luna48
01-22-12, 12:42 AM
Hi misukume, I set it up in BS exactly as shown in fecsuper's picture and it is running smoothly - all little pink heart leaving (well, except that one blue when I refuse to add pet story lol).

fecsuper
01-22-12, 12:42 AM
You get 100% customer satisfaction from the forum users! ;D.

Well.
I have the design for a NEW RS player.
Lets call this design the "L DESIGN"

Fastest design, for new RS clients, without using Gems.

I adjust everything to the size of 9x7 (initial size of RS), and put the door in the correct place.
You only have 8 spaces for appliances, and counters, so they have to Expand as fast as possible.

Here is the Photo, and the minimum here is 20 SEATS,
I hope you enjoy it, and you give a 10!!!!
homework Done !!!

NOTE : this design is 4% slower than the "T design"

http://www.cuanalo.com/federico/maximorsnuevos.png

fecsuper
01-22-12, 12:45 AM
ah, make it 2 extra seats instead of 1 for BS.

If you add 2 seats extras, you are making the design 5% slower than the original. But It will earn the 45,000 plates, and also will keep the 100% satisfaction.

fecsuper
01-22-12, 12:48 AM
Hi misukume, I set it up in BS exactly as shown in fecsuper's picture and it is running smoothly - all little pink heart leaving (well, except that one blue when I refuse to add pet story lol).

If you have a NOT SERVED customer on BS, or on PS: you only have to add ONE more seat.

xokay
01-22-12, 12:57 AM
This blows my mind. I can barely do algebra. Great job.

sutarjono
01-22-12, 01:09 AM

Bazinga !!! :D

misukume
01-22-12, 01:39 AM
even one more seat to 20, there is still an occasional customer with a broken heart in BS. Not very noticeable but it's not 100%.
there is minimal reduction in speed if the extra chairs are added at the edge so there is no extra spaces to walk.

misukume
01-22-12, 02:04 AM
nevertheless, 19 suffie for RS. so good work.

fecsuper
01-22-12, 02:06 AM
even one more seat to 20, there is still an occasional customer with a broken heart in BS. Not very noticeable but it's not 100%.
there is minimal reduction in speed if the extra chairs are added at the edge so there is no extra spaces to walk.

The maximum production is earned, with 19 or 21 seats, is ok, I do not play BS. Myself I have a 21 Seat configuration in one of my RS, as a CONTROL just to check the 19 Seat design.

BS, could have different values, so you can adjust as you need it.

Even if you get a broken Heart, you will still have a 100% satisfaction, since RS cannot sense 1 case in 40.

misukume
01-22-12, 02:44 AM
a design is not slower when it does not reduce revenue...

fecsuper
01-22-12, 06:14 AM
a design is not slower when it does not reduce revenue...

You are correct. What I mean is that takes more time for each person to get in and out.
But that is true, the design does not reduce revenue, even if you have 30 seats.

fecsuper
01-22-12, 06:20 AM
fecsuper, you're on my site :o: https://sites.google.com/site/tlstorygames/
Home > BS/RS Efficiency

Yes, I see. Is very nice, thanks. You tell me what other thing you need. I will be glad to calculate.

queentina3
01-22-12, 08:13 AM
Woohoo!! Great job fecsuper. Now if only I could get food to stay on my counters without having to make French Toast all day, I'll be a happy camper. ROFL!

ronvie
01-22-12, 09:12 AM
im slow in math. i tried ur idea. kindly calculate if i did it right on my existing rs floor layout. thank you.

gott99
01-22-12, 01:23 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2r60kes.jpg

Variant for default door users.

imnotbernard959
01-22-12, 07:00 PM
BTW:

What if you put multiple doors with multiple "t" designs and host tables

fecsuper
01-22-12, 11:06 PM
What if you put multiple doors with multiple "t" designs and host tables

Yes you will have the same results. It is not better. Thanks.

Faufiffon
01-24-12, 04:33 AM
Thanks for your maths fec :)

Dabag
01-26-12, 02:07 PM
Thank You Very Much. I have implimented your design and am happy to say that it works just fine.
Grateful, regardless of price to downsize my servings. Great design, thank you!
Although I did separate my Restaurant into 2 areas. Yours design for when i want a fast sale and
the other for a more relaxed pace.

figuresk8er88
01-26-12, 08:20 PM
So i used the design for the original door. I'm sometimes seeing angry faces, even though there are definitely still empty seats. the customer just comes in, and then an angry face appears and leaves. I don't know why... I've added two extra seats to the end of the design, and still see angry faces sometimes. I know in the end it comes up to 100, because only a few unserved customers out of many, but wouldn't it make more money if all customers were seated? just a little confused... I have too much food so I just want the most efficient design and food to sell quickest.

fecsuper
01-26-12, 08:31 PM
So i used the design for the original door. I'm sometimes seeing angry faces, even though there are definitely still empty seats.
Please Check that your Host table is facing to the correct side.
Also that nothing is blocking the door.

gott99
01-26-12, 08:33 PM
As long the customer has yet to leave the door, its set is still considered occupied.

figuresk8er88
01-26-12, 08:33 PM
yeah, it's facing the right way and nothing blocking the door. my storm id is figuresk8er88, restaurant name is deluxe, if anyone can take a look at it... the only thing i've done is block all the tables so the customers don't walk off towards farther inside the restaurant.

ivanrinacent
01-26-12, 09:23 PM
I'm sorry can somebody help me I am kinda lost, this design is for maximum income? Right? To quicken expansion? What if I do not have like 45,000 plates ( esp. The goals make me cook something with lesser plates)... I can't stock up I have to close for 1 day then open the next day just to keep the counters full...
Also, if I have the 45,000 plates ( if I will be lucky to produce this much in one day which means I don't have to go to work) then serve it in this design, I will get 180,000 max income...but the food will be all gone???? So I'm back to closing again.. Etc,
If I have 45,000 plates at my current design how much do I get in one day? Will the 45,000 plates still be gone? Fecsuper, anyone, mr.ms. Mathematician Help!? ( low on logic / IQ due to too much tv, computer, flouridated water, MSG and too much preservatives on my daily food and mercury on my vaccines heehe)

fecsuper
01-26-12, 09:35 PM
yeah, it's facing the right way and nothing blocking the door. my storm id is figuresk8er88, restaurant name is deluxe, if anyone can take a look at it... the only thing i've done is block all the tables so the customers don't walk off towards farther inside the restaurant.

I already look at your RS, It is ok and is working fine, I could not see any Angry Face, but.....

I have found that # SEATS is sensitive to the level you are playing, as I describe in my new post
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23600-Adjust-food-Consumption-speed-using-this-technics-%28without-Maths%29
As you are playing level 96, please increase the Number of SEATS of your RS, until you do not see ANGRY FACES anymore.
Start increasing 4 more SEATS.

queentina3
01-26-12, 09:43 PM
Well that may be a problem fecsuper. Many people will be able to level up, as the XP didn't change, but they won't have the coin to expand and allow them more seats. LOL!!!!!!

ivanrinacent
01-26-12, 09:49 PM
I'm sorry can somebody help me I am kinda lost, this design is for maximum income? Right? To quicken expansion? What if I do not have like 45,000 plates ( esp. The goals make me cook something with lesser plates)... I can't stock up I have to close for 1 day then open the next day just to keep the counters full...
Also, if I have the 45,000 plates ( if I will be lucky to produce this much in one day which means I don't have to go to work) then serve it in this design, I will get 180,000 max income...but the food will be all gone???? So I'm back to closing again.. Etc,
If I have 45,000 plates at my current design how much do I get in one day? Will the 45,000 plates still be gone? Fecsuper, anyone, mr.ms. Mathematician Help!? ( low on logic / IQ due to too much tv, computer, flouridated water, MSG and too much preservatives on my daily food and mercury on my vaccines heehe)

fecsuper
01-26-12, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry can somebody help me I am kinda lost, this design is for maximum income? Right? To quicken expansion? What if I do not have like 45,000 plates

Hello.
Please refer to my new post
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23600-Adjust-food-Consumption-speed-using-this-technics-%28without-Maths%29

ivanrinacent
01-26-12, 09:55 PM
Awww ooh sorry thank yOu!

pika4ever88
01-26-12, 10:20 PM
Your new thread has been added to my site. :3. You always come up with such informative threads.

cast1532
01-31-12, 03:53 PM

I wish I could like this comment.

This is a great idea. I'm going to try it.

1cathy
02-03-12, 03:58 PM
I already look at your RS, It is ok and is working fine, I could not see any Angry Face, but.....

I have found that # SEATS is sensitive to the level you are playing, as I describe in my new post
As you are playing level 96, please increase the Number of SEATS of your RS, until you do not see ANGRY FACES anymore.
Start increasing 4 more SEATS.
Dear fecsuper

Pls help look at mine, more seats with lesser steps, which one better?
Just curious if 2doors will help
I now hv more seats (10tables) within 3steps
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/pocathk/rs/26572f3b.jpg

Joey1963
02-04-12, 08:57 PM
I just tried this in BS.
Amazing, and well worth paying the 10 gems to move the door).

Thank you very much, fecsuper.

klaatoo
02-07-12, 07:10 AM
Fecsuper, just wanted to add my thanks to you for your brilliant designs. I've implemented both in RS (not at the same time though!) and the original 'T' design in BS. I've maxed out in RS on expansions but using your design in BS means I won't have to expand using gems or millions of coins. A smaller efficient bakery means I can redecorate more often and keep the eats fresh. I'm so glad you took the time to develop and share your ideas. Thanks once again, Klaatoo. :-)

jdbobbi
02-07-12, 05:41 PM
so fascinating!

dalula
02-07-12, 05:43 PM
wow! i'm impressed you could figure all this out :D

fecsuper
02-07-12, 09:06 PM
Pls help look at mine, more seats with lesser steps, which one better?
Just curious if 2doors will help
I now hv more seats (10tables) within 3steps

Hello 1cathy , first, thanks for being my neighbor.
I feel your design is very good, impressive.
The only change I will do is increase 5 more seats per door. for a total of 15 seats per side, and a total of 30 seats.

This is because you are at a very high level in RS. You will see how you Maximize your coins.
Thanks.

fecsuper
02-07-12, 09:10 PM
To all the people that thanks me. I am very glad to be useful.
You don't have to thanks me, I share it with love.
I am very glad to see, a lot of RS, using my designs, or using my concepts.

Now I am working in TIPS. soon you will see a post about them.

ainBuBBly90
02-08-12, 05:25 PM
hey i'm gonna try this on bs..
will it work?

fecsuper
02-15-12, 03:48 PM
hey i'm gonna try this on bs..
will it work?

I am not plating BS, but many players have told me that it works too.

Toread
02-15-12, 10:47 PM
Thanks, fecsuper

I have implemented your T design in BS and it is working well!

Only imperfection is that only the area near the door is buzzling with life, leaving the other areas quiet and neglected. LOL.

fecsuper
02-25-12, 06:32 AM
UPDATE to this THREAD.

I have modified the number of VALID SEAT on my RS.
I have found that you can use 30 valid seats, without problems, just expanding the T-design to the 3 sides evenly.

This may be exactly the same as the original T-design, but it works more relaxed.

BTW, with T-design you can Earn :
with the +1 recipes to the +8 recipes,
45,000 coins to 360,000 coins dairy.

visit my T-design demo working at : lizsuper

koselig
02-26-12, 04:01 PM
Just wanted to add my thanks to fecsuper for your excellent efficient restaurant/bakery design. I have way too much food so was looking for a way to get rid of it quickly. Thanks to your design, the stock levels are dropping off faster than before!

By the way, the photos of your designs have disappeared from the http://www.cuanalo.com/federico/ page.

fecsuper
02-27-12, 05:17 PM
By the way, the photos of your designs have disappeared from the http://www.cuanalo.com/federico/ page.

The photos still in place

atlantisonearth
02-28-12, 05:09 PM
Brilliant, I just ran to my iPad :)

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 02:26 PM
well...i'm trying this on bakery story as I am absolutely desperate to get rid of all that food sitting on my counters! :p So what if my bakery now looks like a disaster zone! lol.

sup4mo
02-29-12, 03:44 PM
Ok so the point to this is to get rid of the food while collecting more coins, am I on the right track. Like bobbyrae, I have so much food in both my games especially bs, I need all the help I can get before the new goals come out. I want to have much $$$ and a higher level also. So help me (confused) with a little more information. BRW I tried to use this in RS , not sure how successful I am, seems like less food is disappearing? We shall see.

sup4mo
02-29-12, 03:45 PM
Oops it should be BTW!

queentina3
02-29-12, 03:49 PM
sup4mo, if you have the max seats closer to the door and the hostess table close to the door/seats, you should see a faster rate of in/out, hence more coins. You may not see a huge diff right away if you have a ton of the $1 goal items being eaten right now, as I've been trying to get the $1 mil expansion for about a week and those dishes are ****ing me. LOL!!! Once I complete mastering the valentine dishes, I plan on cooking the higher $ income dishes to get myself some cash for this expansion.

For those trying to save their food, they would do the opposite. Move the hostess table as far from the door and seats as possible, while also lowering the amount of tables/seats they have in their game. Customer satisfaction goes down, but who cares really since that only brings you the max customers anyways and you don't want that if you're trying to save your food. :p

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 04:00 PM
You may not see a huge diff right away if you have a ton of the $1 goal items being eaten right now, as I've been trying to get the $1 mil expansion for about a week and those dishes are ****ing me.
Oh i delete anything less than 4 coins per serving. But i can see that may be disastrous for a new player :p

sup4mo
Ok so the point to this is to get rid of the food while collecting more coins, am I on the right track. Like bobbyrae, I have so much food in both my games especially bs, I need all the help I can get before the new goals come out. I want to have much $$$ and a higher level also. So help me (confused) with a little more information. BRW I tried to use this in RS , not sure how successful I am, seems like less food is disappearing? We shall see.

If the customers spend less time walking to their tables then you will see a difference because they will come in, sit down, eat and get out faster. So you actually end up having food move out faster. I'm not too concerned about earning money right now. I just don't want to dump any more food and i just want more counter space so i can master all those chinese new year recipes. Haven't even touched them yet! I just started trying to master the heart coffee and the valentine muffin thingy just in case those were removed. Haven't done the molten lava cake yet because i dread having even more food on my counters!
I've tried closing my bakery for a day or two Hoping everything would disappear in a quick sale :D didn't happen :(
I'm hoping this will work.:rolleyes:

sup4mo
02-29-12, 04:15 PM
Ok that makes sense to me, I did do just the opposite of moving everything far away from the doors with the registrar so now I will go back and change it, also I too am trying to get rid of the last goals items, seems like I have valentine and sugar cookies for years, I would just dump them however it took a lot of time to prepare all that stuff, I will see how this will work and if worse comes to worse maybe just dump them. Thanks for your help!!

queentina3
02-29-12, 04:34 PM
Oh i delete anything less than 4 coins per serving. But i can see that may be disastrous for a new player :p

Yeah right, after spending all that time cooking them, I'm not dumping them. That is almost $110k worth of food for the Baked Scallops and Burritos sitting on those 2 counters, and they can stay there until next xmas for all I care, I just want some cash to expand! LOL!!!!!! I'm sooo close too, I have $940k and hopefully will get that over the next day or so. :rolleyes: Here's to hoping right? :p

aiyayu
03-05-12, 06:43 PM
I still can't wrap my head around how layout affects the game offline because if you were to block the door with the register, sales are made while offline.

mingboo
03-13-12, 09:11 PM
Yeah right, after spending all that time cooking them, I'm not dumping them. That is almost $110k worth of food for the Baked Scallops and Burritos sitting on those 2 counters, and they can stay there until next xmas for all I care, I just want some cash to expand! LOL!!!!!! I'm sooo close too, I have $940k and hopefully will get that over the next day or so. :rolleyes: Here's to hoping right? :p

hi queentina,

think twice before you speak though! When i first started, i have exactly the same desire to keep all food i make! Now, at BS, i have more than 65 counters and some of them are more than six months old! Wonder whether they moldy by now, hope the health inspector don't walk through my door... lOl

queentina3
03-14-12, 05:35 AM
hi queentina,

think twice before you speak though! When i first started, i have exactly the same desire to keep all food i make! Now, at BS, i have more than 65 counters and some of them are more than six months old! Wonder whether they moldy by now, hope the health inspector don't walk through my door... lOl

Oh in BS I totally threw away all the chocolate cake as I have at least 1 million plates of food and so many counters I don't know what to do with them anymore. That was my only low income plate though, the others are $4+ so I'm leaving them. I'm not really cooking in BS and have moved my chairs closer to the door in hopes of emptying some counters. I've gotten rid of only 3 in the past 1-2 weeks. *sigh* But those darn Burritos I refuse to get rid of, and they are almost GONE! YAY!!! I think I have about 4k left and then I hope to never see that ugly $1 dish again! hahahahaha

Superyalda
03-14-12, 06:47 AM
Another way to increase daily income is to throw away low cost dishes. I know this is only relevant for higher level players, but it can definitely help. In BS, try to keep those $10 dishes always available. Toss anything less than $4.

lin77
03-19-12, 02:38 PM
Wont this layout work with the door where its originally at?

queentina3
03-19-12, 02:52 PM
Wont this layout work with the door where its originally at?

Yes, but some players on fecsupers other thread asked if the door was in another spot would it still work.

lin77
03-19-12, 03:01 PM
Yes, but some players on fecsupers other thread asked if the door was in another spot would it still work.

Just wondered...I don't really wanna spend gems for another door! That's why I wondered if that layout will work w/ the door where its at! :)

lbilicich
03-21-12, 05:40 AM
So...if you have to buy an extra door anyway, Cathy's design is faster as it is under 4 steps average for the customers...3.4 I believe and the T is 5.3. Don't know if anyone has said this yet, but the math should just be average number of steps with 100% satisfaction.

Superyalda
03-21-12, 04:52 PM
I'm so excited. Just set up a double T in Rainbow Room! Since I need to take a little break, I'm hoping it will help clear some of the gazillion food quantities I have, and also get me that 5 million to expand.

I will be gifting and checking on food, but won't be doing full tipping rounds. Details are on my wall.

Profit check based on all $4 items ... 1:35am March 22: $1,885,250
I'll post updates so we can calculate and compare
And now to bed!

fecsuper
03-22-12, 03:33 AM
Hello, "T design", is a design based on the minimal seats required to sell the maximum plates in a day. the result for this is 19 seats.

But T design can work perfectly fine, even if you increase the number of Seats to 30 or 32. the maximum number of customers at the same time on RS (30).

In my two RS , can find it working on 32 seats, with an average of 6.625 steps door-seat, lowest steps 2, max steps 10.

This relaxed T design that works perfectly, specially for higher levels. All 2 works exactly the same way and produce the same amounts of $$, and consume the same # of plates per day.

Just for information, the original T design (19 seats) has an average of 5.48 average steps door-seat

Superyalda
03-22-12, 05:04 AM
I'm so excited. Just set up a double T in Rainbow Room! Since I need to take a little break, I'm hoping it will help clear some of the gazillion food quantities I have, and also get me that 5 million to expand.

I will be gifting and checking on food, but won't be doing full tipping rounds. Details are on my wall.

Profit check based on all $4 items ... 1:35am March 22: $1,885,250
I'll post updates so we can calculate and compare
And now to bed!

Ok, 12 hour profit check: $1,929,962
12 hour profit=44,712
Since this is based on $4 items, we can conclude that (as I had previously calculated), average consumption around 900 servings per hour.
I received about 10 sets of tips, so this is a rough estimate.

Daily profit with $4 items, about 90,000 per day
Daily profit with $8 items (chicken), about 176,000 per day!
(Bakery goes to $10. Since I didn't do it in BS, can only assume that profits can exceed $200K daily)

Looks like it might be worthwhile cooking up lots of chicken/cappuccino and then tossing cheaper dishes to get max profit. This is relevant for the new expansions for high level players only!

Superyalda
03-22-12, 05:19 AM
Hello, "T design", is a design based on the minimal seats required to sell the maximum plates in a day. the result for this is 19 seats.

But T design can work perfectly fine, even if you increase the number of Seats to 30 or 32. the maximum number of customers at the same time on RS (30).

In my two RS , can find it working on 32 seats, with an average of 6.625 steps door-seat, lowest steps 2, max steps 10.

This relaxed T design that works perfectly, specially for higher levels. All 2 works exactly the same way and produce the same amounts of $$, and consume the same # of plates per day.

Just for information, the original T design (19 seats) has an average of 5.48 average steps door-seat

I could be wrong, but I think the number of steps only affect the first round of customers (first 30 seconds). After that they are replaced by new customers, sitting/eating at the same rate. I think no matter what design you have, average consumption will be about 900-1000 servings per hour.

A higher per-plate cost is what will most effectively accelerate profits.

Toss those ugly wugly burritos and flan looking scallops!

fecsuper
03-22-12, 06:18 AM
I could be wrong, but I think the number of steps only affect the first round of customers (first 30 seconds). After that they are replaced by new customers, sitting/eating at the same rate. I think no matter what design you have, average consumption will be about 900-1000 servings per hour.

Sorry Superyalda, Yes you are wrong, because if the steps are a big number, then no other client enters until the 30th client exit the restaurant. So it is very important that the steps are a low number.

I have done $250,000 coins in 1 day (24 hours), using my T design, and this can only be possible with +8 dishes, maybe you have something different in your design, check it please.

Things to check :
* Angry faces. you have to keep checking your RS by 5 minutes without exiting, only observing clients entering.
* One door design, if you use 2 doors, you have the risk that one side get saturated, while the other is not. This can be possible because of the NOT BALANCED entrance.
* Closed "T design", check that you do not have any open Exit to others seats from the T design.

Superyalda
03-22-12, 06:29 AM
I have duplicated exactly your graphic and doubles it, so if one is enough for full saturation, two should be too.
No angry faces
Closed area

Invite me in RS. we don't need to stay neighbors, just to check.

fecsuper
03-23-12, 08:43 PM
Why not be neighbors, I agree to be neighbors.
Please add my 2 ids : fecsuper lizsuper

Superyalda
03-25-12, 06:10 PM
Why not be neighbors, I agree to be neighbors.
Please add my 2 ids : fecsuper lizsuper

Invited and sent you a PM.

RoseMeyer
03-26-12, 07:15 AM
then no other client enters until the 30th client exit the restaurant.

So, never more than 29 peeps no matter how big the place or how many tables or how much food there is?

bobbyrae
03-26-12, 07:30 AM
then no other client enters until the 30th client exit the restaurant.

So, never more than 29 peeps no matter how big the place or how many tables or how much food there is?

Nope. Never.

Superyalda
03-26-12, 02:05 PM
Nope. Never.

That's a very cool piece of information to have!

Superyalda
03-26-12, 02:52 PM
Ok, so I fixed up my restaurant in a single big T, since the double T wasn't maxing profits.

I wrote down my $ total and minimized the app
Exactly 10 minutes later, I reopened the app and wrote down the total $ again.

So the low down is ... I just clocked profits in 10 minutes to $1,092 in exactly 10 minutes! That's a huge difference!
X 6= 6,552 in one hour!
X 24= 157,248 in a day!
All $4 items, just like before

Checked again and it was $1,104 in 10 minutes with the app minimized!

Checked again with the app open and made $1,112 in 10 minutes.

So in other words, I dont know how or why (fecsuper does) but it definitely works!

RoseMeyer
03-26-12, 04:12 PM
yep, I did that for two weeks and sold every single plate of food that I made everyday. It was fun to watch the $$$ add up, but I went back to my old inefficient design so I could have more fun and be a little relaxed and ot worrying about running out of food. Ill keep it in mind for when I accumulate alot of food that I want to get rid of.

:)
Im glad to understand tho, I hd the dough to expand, but decided to spend my million coins redecorating the place the way I like it and not so focused on expanding. Why bother expanding when there's only going to be 29 peeps no matter what.

fecsuper
03-26-12, 05:08 PM
That is true, only 30 clients at a time, I recommend to have 32 seats available when you are playing level 96. Why ?? Don't ask, just keep 32 seats on higher levels.

SUPERYALDA : your system is consuming 40,032 plates per day, but it will increase to 45,000 plates a day, when your system recovers from the failed design you tried. Maybe in 5 or 7 days, you will be selling your 45,000 plates per day.

Remember that my T design is a Balanced seat design, you must NOT change anything, even if that sound more logical. Good luck !

Toread
03-26-12, 08:44 PM
[QUOTE=fecsuper;267992]That is true, only 30 clients at a time, I recommend to have 32 seats available when you are playing level 96. Why ?? Don't ask, just keep 32 seats on higher levels.

QUOTE]

Dear fecsuper, I am now Level 71 on RS and Level 81 on BS. I have implemented the T design and have 23 seats on both. So far I have not seen any angry faces. Do I increase my seats only when I see angry faces? Can I add you as neighbour too?

fecsuper
03-26-12, 08:50 PM
Toread.
Yes you can add me as NBR.
you can increase your seats to 32, it does NOT affect consumption, because is still in correct range.
19 seats is ok, but you can design anything between 19 and 32.
I will wait your NBR request.

otakuAera
03-27-12, 09:53 AM
Out of curiosity, would the same math apply to Bakery Story?

Referring to this: "The maximum servings per day in RS is 29 seats, at 45,000 plates served per day, x4 = $180,000 coins per day."

fecsuper
03-28-12, 04:14 AM
Out of curiosity, would the same math apply to Bakery Story?

Referring to this: "The maximum servings per day in RS is 29 seats, at 45,000 plates served per day, x4 = $180,000 coins per day."

otakuAera, Yes the same maths apply to BS, but with little changes. instead of 19 seats, you requiere 21 seats. and the # of plates per day, I do not know it, because I am not playing BS.

BS, I think you have x10 plates, so the maximum ear increase a lot. I dont know the maximum clients at the time, but seems to be the same.

Superyalda
03-29-12, 04:39 AM
otakuAera, Yes the same maths apply to BS, but with little changes. instead of 19 seats, you requiere 21 seats. and the # of plates per day, I do not know it, because I am not playing BS.

BS, I think you have x10 plates, so the maximum ear increase a lot. I dont know the maximum clients at the time, but seems to be the same.

I incorporated the "T without new door design" as pictured in fecsupers website. Originally I had 20 seats which gave me a sad face once in a while. I increased to 21 and everything is running perfectly. You can check my design if you like.

Superyalda
03-29-12, 04:40 AM
I incorporated the "T without new door design" as pictured in fecsupers website. Originally I had 20 seats which gave me a sad face once in a while. I increased to 21 and everything is running perfectly. You can check my design if you like.

Bakery, of course. Forgot to mention that :)

88nightmare
04-14-12, 10:22 PM
Hey, first of all thanks... I've decided to give you're design a test in my restaurant and with regards to the L design (with original door location) I assume that it would actually work a little more efficiently with an 8x8 layout correct?

P.S. If you added me on either or both of my accounts I would consider it a privilege. Or if you prefer I'll add you, just let me know.
Phone: hickoryw
Tablet: 88nightmare

sunstorm01
04-15-12, 12:47 AM
Fecs deserves a gift for figuring this out * hands over a trophy*. honestly this design is amazing- the only thing is, I wish I'd seen it earlier. It's in all my places- but best of all in my main restaurant. I have 19 seats, Its allowed me to continue on happily cooking on my many appliances. Some of my neighbors are catching on too. It really is a work of art or maths or whatever- I just know it works 100 percent. 

moda999
04-15-12, 04:37 AM
Brilliant work Fec!! I am level 92 in BS and have taken some pointers from your design without losing my pretty layout. I have used balloons to block access to all but the nearest 30 or so seats plus moved a few nearer the door. No one can see my blocks so all good and I've been watching for last 10 mins or so and tweaking balloons to make less and less chairs available without getting angry faces.

I think it's great and I now have faster turnover. Only thing I notice now is how poor the newer foods are at 4 coins a plate but guess that's the price to pay for mastering to get gems! Will go back to Red Velvet Cake production as soon as I can.

Thanks again xx

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 04:30 PM
Hi Fecs,
I have adopted your design with the original door, and now only need 18 chairs to keep customers happy (after the first rush of customers, a few are unhappy, but then they are all happy soon after). Thanks again for the design and maths.
In the pic one of the chairs is blocking the door t make it easier to see the design.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2emlgls.jpg

lydiatelad
04-15-12, 04:33 PM
I should add that this is in BS, but presumably would be ok for RS

fecsuper
04-15-12, 09:28 PM
Hey, first of all thanks... I've decided to give you're design a test in my restaurant and with regards to the L design (with original door location) I assume that it would actually work a little more efficiently with an 8x8 layout correct?

P.S. If you added me on either or both of my accounts I would consider it a privilege. Or if you prefer I'll add you, just let me know.
Phone: hickoryw
Tablet: 88nightmare

you add me, I will accept both requests.

fecsuper
04-15-12, 09:32 PM
I should add that this is in BS, but presumably would be ok for RS

beautiful design. Nice colors. Thanks

gallegosusa
04-18-12, 09:44 AM
Hello everyone ,

I am Brandon , super new to this game but am definitely on the fast track to obsession.
As a designer I find it FUN to play around with layouts and find the best layouts for success.
I have spent the last few days playing around with how to capitalize on design and layout.

This is what I have come up with so far, because as time goes by we will all expand sooner or later.
I am playing around with a two door , two stand configuration.
As it goes right now I believe I am on the right track!

http://i.imgbox.com/aansqj1V.jpg

Let me know what anyone thinks I should do to increase my payout.
Also I am in need of neighbors and spend a few hours a day tipping anyone I can !

RealFarmer1222
04-18-12, 09:49 AM
I would your design has the tables too close to the doors, but I'm not sure how two door configs work.

fecsuper
04-18-12, 04:28 PM
A 2 door design, normally have problems because the clients don't appear even.
Sometimes comes more from one door, so the system is unbalanced, and not working properly.

scubatig
04-24-12, 07:36 PM
I have been playing almost a year and am thrilled beyond to find this thread!! Thank you so much. Changed my layout today about 8 hours ago and was blown away at hour 1 at how much more I'm selling in a short time!!

Superyalda
04-26-12, 11:24 AM
fecsuper, are you still around? don't see much of you lately.

tiffyluvbug
04-29-12, 11:18 AM
first u said 29 seats then u said 19 seats. can u clarify please?

sparks229
04-29-12, 01:49 PM
first u said 29 seats then u said 19 seats. can u clarify please?

The approximate amount of customers that can enter your restaurant is 29. What fecs is saying is that you only need 19 tables to sell the maximum amount of plates.

purpsandherb
04-29-12, 09:18 PM
Umm sorry i jus dont get that, " only 29 customers" ok like when? 29 in a hour served? 29 in a minute?... Im lost on this one and the plate serving also. Answer here ir pm. Thx.

bom1972
05-12-12, 05:04 AM
fecsuper,

First of all, thanks for very knowledgeable theory for RS. I found it very useful information and also tried it myself. But I do have few questions about this. When I cook different foods with different gain/serv (using same table patern), I got huge diffence in coin amount. (I count for 10 min period.) Why? From your 1st page, how do you count 45,000 plate per hour? and Why do you have to multiply with 4 to get coin amount? To get your coin amount, do I have to cook roast chicken as yours? lastly, I noticed at my RS, when I keep openning my ipad and run the game simultaneously, the amount of customers will gradualy reduce when time pass by. The traffic is not consistency. Is it normal?

DAmanding
05-12-12, 09:53 AM
fecsuper,

First of all, thanks for very knowledgeable theory for RS. I found it very useful information and also tried it myself. But I do have few questions about this. When I cook different foods with different gain/serv (using same table patern), I got huge diffence in coin amount. (I count for 10 min period.) Why? From your 1st page, how do you count 45,000 plate per hour? and Why do you have to multiply with 4 to get coin amount? To get your coin amount, do I have to cook roast chicken as yours? lastly, I noticed at my RS, when I keep openning my ipad and run the game simultaneously, the amount of customers will gradualy reduce when time pass by. The traffic is not consistency. Is it normal?

Different recipes sell for different amounts, 4 coins per plate is just the average. That is why you get different coin amounts depending on what you cook. As for the decreased traffic after a few minutes, that is a new bug in the latest version.

bom1972
05-12-12, 11:27 AM
Thank you, if it is a bug, when should I do then?

And how to count the plate per hr?

ArtsyTartsy1
07-02-12, 09:37 PM
This is quite an interesting approach to maximizing profit. I have been so impacted that I plan to start a thread for T-Design users...that's the plan so far.

Hello again, This time I decided to make the smallest Seat design, but with the maximum clients at all time.

So this design is the most efficient in Space, but is the faster one you can design, and earn the maximum that you can earn (45,000 plates), and have a 100% satisfaction.

The maximum servings per day in RS is 29 seats, at 45,000 plates served per day, x4 = $180,000 coins per day.

I did a lot more MATHS again, but this time, I will not put the equations because are a little more difficult to understand, but if you need them,please let me know, and I share them with you.

The results are INCREDIBLE !!!! Even me, I couldn't believe them, so I decided to design it and prove it on my RS, before showing to you, that is why I took so long !!

The results has:

100% satisfaction
Only 19 seats !!!!!! (I couldn't believe, but YES, it works, you do not need the 29 SEATS)
100% satisfaction always

If you want to see it.

This small design, will suffice to earn all the possible MONEY, consume the maximum PLATES, and RUN FASTER on your RS. 100% satisfaction Guarantee!

Extra for RS designers:
You can even CLOSE the 3 ways out (center, left and Right), and then you can DESIGN ALL your RS, with all the extra chairs and tables you want.

BTW:
Tipping do not affect.

I hope you enjoy it.

Demzylu
07-04-12, 11:11 AM
Thanks for sharing. I just started a few days ago and now I'm so addicted! I'm trying the design but I added 2 extra tables and I sacrificed 10 gems (gulp!) to buy a door, since I can't rearrange according to that design because the door can't be moved or stored. One thing I noticed, there are times when only very few customers enter. Was that affected by the 2 tables I added or it is just the program itself?

sunstorm01
07-05-12, 11:11 PM
Thanks for sharing. I just started a few days ago and now I'm so addicted! I'm trying the design but I added 2 extra tables and I sacrificed 10 gems (gulp!) to buy a door, since I can't rearrange according to that design because the door can't be moved or stored. One thing I noticed, there are times when only very few customers enter. Was that affected by the 2 tables I added or it is just the program itself?

Just be really careful if you are using fecs design with a new restaurant- I opened up a small restaurant with fecs design and the food just sells too quickly- I had 145000 clog cakes or whatever they're called and I sold out in a few days- AND I had previously closed my door to stock up on those cakes. Needless to say my shop is shut now.

3squares
07-15-12, 10:07 AM
Just started using Fec's "L" design in Bakery. Super efficient! I'm raking in the dough, baby!

:)

cast1532
07-15-12, 10:15 AM
Is this better than the other design from GroovyRuss's and Lin77 design?

sunstorm01
07-15-12, 10:26 AM
Is this better than the other design from GroovyRuss's and Lin77 design?

Groovyruss's 6 door design works wonderfully in bakery and increasing profit way more than fecs 2 designs- though G.R. Design does not work in restaurant- but fecs does- I would go with fecs in restaurant- G.R in bakery.

cast1532
07-15-12, 11:00 AM
Groovyruss's 6 door design works wonderfully in bakery and increasing profit way more than fecs 2 designs- though G.R. Design does not work in restaurant- but fecs does- I would go with fecs in restaurant- G.R in bakery.

Thanks. In GroovyRuss's design, in the beginning a lot of customers come after a while they slow down should I switch to a different version of bakery?

3squares
07-15-12, 11:18 AM
it's my understanding that using more than one door does NOT increase customers per minute. Am I wrong?

Can u point me to a thread where I can see these layouts? Thanks

Adding 5 doors would also cost 50 gems!

3squares
07-15-12, 11:21 AM
Thanks. In GroovyRuss's design, in the beginning a lot of customers come after a while they slow down should I switch to a different version of bakery?

I noticed this in my bakery as well. I wonder if it's just a display thing ? If I go tip someone or otherwise leave and come back, I'm back to the faster speed, which then slows down again...

cast1532
07-15-12, 11:29 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31366-Fecs-Layout-Compared-To-GroovyRuss....My-Results!&highlight=GroovyRuss

There you go.

3squares
07-15-12, 02:11 PM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31366-Fecs-Layout-Compared-To-GroovyRuss....My-Results!&highlight=GroovyRuss

There you go.

Thanks!

ShelesSweets
07-15-12, 09:20 PM
Math is both singular and plural. There is never a situation where you would put an S at the end of math. In other words, there's no such word as maths.

cast1532
07-15-12, 10:39 PM
Math is both singular and plural. There is never a situation where you would put an S at the end of math. In other words, there's no such word as maths.

Are you from USA? We are so use to people using Math that it looks weird that other people of the world uses Maths. Maths is shorter for Mathematics. I think Europeans use Maths. I don't who who else.

JohnDede
07-16-12, 05:21 PM

I noticed this in my bakery as well. I wonder if it's just a display thing ? If I go tip someone or otherwise leave and come back, I'm back to the faster speed, which then slows down again....

Sounds like you're both on ipads. The on-device app is screwed up, and they refuse to fix it. Try and keep your restaurant, or whatever you see it occurring in, closed as much as possible. You do lose production when the bots go out and don't come back in.

cast1532
07-16-12, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that's what I be doing. I can get more than $100,000 per day.

bom1972
07-22-12, 01:17 AM
Sounds like you're both on ipads. The on-device app is screwed up, and they refuse to fix it. Try and keep your restaurant, or whatever you see it occurring in, closed as much as possible. You do lose production when the bots go out and don't come back in.

Does Android device and Kindle Fire have same problem as iPad?

Gypsy_Cat
07-24-12, 05:51 AM
Well.
I have the design for a NEW RS player.
Lets call this design the "L DESIGN"

Fastest design, for new RS clients, without using Gems.

I adjust everything to the size of 9x7 (initial size of RS), and put the door in the correct place.
You only have 8 spaces for appliances, and counters, so they have to Expand as fast as possible.

Here is the Photo, and the minimum here is 20 SEATS,
I hope you enjoy it, and you give a 10!!!!
homework Done !!!

NOTE : this design is 4% slower than the "T design"

http://www.cuanalo.com/federico/maximorsnuevos.png

fecsuper: this design works like a BOSS in Bakery Story!!! Really great work; thank you for coming up with these designs & sharing them with all of us! :cool:

3squares
07-24-12, 09:44 AM
I am also using in BS: really super dooper efficient! I'm making maximum coinage.

crazycat76
08-16-12, 03:33 AM
Im using the t-design of fecsuper in both, RS and BS, and it really works for me :)

Let's keep this and all other threads of him alive, he's earned it.

Greetings, Cat

lotzapasta1
08-18-12, 05:15 PM
I tried to add you but it won't let me. If you can add me so you can help me. I'm running out of food too often. lotzapasta1

3squares
08-19-12, 12:03 PM
I tried to add you but it won't let me. If you can add me so you can help me. I'm running out of food too often. lotzapasta1

You can remove some chairs to slow rate of sale (just store them).

you can move your tables with chairs further from the door (not Fec's design anymore).

You can move something in front of your door until you build up a supply of food. This doesn't work for some people, but it works for me.

Or,you can just let your popularity rating go down. Once you have cooked more food it rapidly rises back up again to 100%.

HTH

totaltechno
08-22-12, 10:11 AM
So how do these work? Do I just leave the game open, even though the customer rate becomes horrendously slow?

totaltechno
08-22-12, 10:11 AM
I forgot to mention I'm at lv 9, have 2 expansions, have 6 counters, 3 stoves, and I'm using the L design.

crazycat76
08-22-12, 12:02 PM

Hi dear, sorry for being late. There's another thread from fecsuper that's solving your problems, its called "how to, do not stock out". I also pushed it and recommend you to read it.

3squares had some good ideas, too, but blocking the door can cause a Quicksale, no food and in the worst case no coins, too, so I wouldn't advice it.

Some hints from fecsuper were:

1. put the host table far away from door and chairs, make long ways for your customers to get food. I've made right a labyrinth at the beginning ;)

2. You don't have to store your chairs or redesign your whole restaurant - just turn the chairs around at 180?, making "non-valid" seats.

2. Cook only meals with the highest amount of plates per hour, e.g. clam soup (700/hour), fish&chips (800/hour, oven, lvl 12), French toast (1800/hour). French toast is also very good to level fast.

4. You can store your appliances and buy and place the one you actually need, to cook as many fish&chips/clam soup etc. as possible. You should cook at least meals with over 375 plates per hour, exact number is depending on how many appliances, valid chairs and steps between door- host table-seat you have.

Fecsuper has made some interesting calculations about needed plates per hour/day, its to much to write it down here on the fly, just read his highly informative threads I pushed not long ago.

Greetings,
Cat

crazycat76
08-22-12, 12:07 PM
@Totaltechno: I guess they mean you should NOT spend a lot of time inside the game, because this is decreasing performance and therefore the customer flow? just my opinion, but it makes sense - the game has to handle the player, too when its open.

kancilkiller
08-28-12, 10:51 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VHxEzIF9m9E/UD2bvZ4JEcI/AAAAAAAAAYo/7dqmxQ-I6xM/s960/2012-08-23%252017.38.11.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y9o4O4uKrOg/UD2bvdzkxsI/AAAAAAAAAYk/pr7AcwcxcbY/s960/2012-08-23%252017.38.49.png

These two designs above are the most effective in my experiment, it is like a straight line design, but entrance is placed in the middle to cut the maximum distance to only 6 tiles for double door, and 8 tiles as maximum for single door.

The time spent in the restaurant is counted by distance of tiles from Entrance to Host Table, to be seated, finally to the Exit.

I call this as Narrow T Design, (improvement based on your T design).
1. The advantage of placing the door in the middle is to cut the maximum walking distance.
2. A Narrow T Design also optimised a 4 x 11 (only total 44 tiles and 20 Seats) matrix without wasting a single emply splace. Your T Design wasted many empty space if you would put it in a matrix form. it uses 7 x 9 (total 63 tiles and 19 Seats, and 19 Tiles are wasted)

Now we look into the Host Table location:
If the seat is on the left of the door, and Host Table on the right of the door, it should be 2 tiles just to be seated.
Correct? Not exactly, it is partially correct.
To be exact, it is 1 tile from Entrance to Host table; 7 tiles wait at Host table; then 1 tile to be seated; and finally 1 tile to Exit.

Notice that (very important):
- If the host table is placed close to the entrance, the Customers will wait minimum "7 tiles of their walking speed" at/before Host Table before proceed to the seat.
- If the host table is placed further than 7 tiles away, the Customers will not wait, but will proceed to the Seat directly after Host Table.

Because of that, Host Counter is placed 4 tiles away from the entrance because in overall is better.

It add extra 2 tiles distance for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but it saves 3 tiles for the remaining 18 seats.

it adds (2 tiles x 2 seats) total of 4 tiles for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but
it saves (3 tiles x 18 seats) total of 58 tiles for 18 seats,
Total you saved 54 tiles for every 20 customers.

gives better result for every seats instead of place directly next to the door.

debgal
09-23-12, 02:39 AM
Ok I tried this design in both my restaurant and my bakery. Ive noticed though that whole for the first minute the customers pour in, after about a minute this drops to only 3 customers in RS and 2 in BS - I do have tons of fun, the layout is right and rest of the floor is blocked off. Doesn't this mean that all I've changed is the first minute of sales and after that it's no better than any other layout?

debgal
09-23-12, 02:40 AM
Sorry - should have specified I meant the design at very start of this forum

jamesdean1957
09-24-12, 04:45 PM
Yes I could see how that would work.

phatmama08
09-26-12, 02:08 PM
I started using the design at the very start of the forum. It works great for me. I added a couple extra tables because I was getting a frown face every once in awhile. The customers are always moving in and out. I remember reading somewhere through this forum there are a limited number of customers that can be in there at time. Not sure if this is your slow down or not. I know it has helped my profits rise. If you would like to see mine my id is phatmama08

debgal
09-28-12, 07:47 AM
Back again - I've been watching my profit and sales since the layout was changed and yes, I do make more money each day and go through lots more food - actually having trouble keeping my counters filled. I've reduced the number of counters I need hugely and am concentrating in turnover of the recipes that make higher servings! I'm starting to trial opening up the rest of my restaurant to slow down sales when needed (eg when running low on food) and see whether my food starts to build up again...

mollyblue
11-11-12, 05:55 PM
Does any of this have to do with device/OS, etc.? I've tried the layout shown at the beginning of this thread on both RS and BS with no noticeable increase....

ellygator
12-04-12, 10:17 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-VHxEzIF9m9E/UD2bvZ4JEcI/AAAAAAAAAYo/7dqmxQ-I6xM/s960/2012-08-23%252017.38.11.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Y9o4O4uKrOg/UD2bvdzkxsI/AAAAAAAAAYk/pr7AcwcxcbY/s960/2012-08-23%252017.38.49.png

These two designs above are the most effective in my experiment, it is like a straight line design, but entrance is placed in the middle to cut the maximum distance to only 6 tiles for double door, and 8 tiles as maximum for single door.

The time spent in the restaurant is counted by distance of tiles from Entrance to Host Table, to be seated, finally to the Exit.

I call this as Narrow T Design, (improvement based on your T design).
1. The advantage of placing the door in the middle is to cut the maximum walking distance.
2. A Narrow T Design also optimised a 4 x 11 (only total 44 tiles and 20 Seats) matrix without wasting a single emply splace. Your T Design wasted many empty space if you would put it in a matrix form. it uses 7 x 9 (total 63 tiles and 19 Seats, and 19 Tiles are wasted)

Now we look into the Host Table location:
If the seat is on the left of the door, and Host Table on the right of the door, it should be 2 tiles just to be seated.
Correct? Not exactly, it is partially correct.
To be exact, it is 1 tile from Entrance to Host table; 7 tiles wait at Host table; then 1 tile to be seated; and finally 1 tile to Exit.

Notice that (very important):
- If the host table is placed close to the entrance, the Customers will wait minimum "7 tiles of their walking speed" at/before Host Table before proceed to the seat.
- If the host table is placed further than 7 tiles away, the Customers will not wait, but will proceed to the Seat directly after Host Table.

Because of that, Host Counter is placed 4 tiles away from the entrance because in overall is better.

It add extra 2 tiles distance for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but it saves 3 tiles for the remaining 18 seats.

it adds (2 tiles x 2 seats) total of 4 tiles for the two seats closest to the Entrance, but
it saves (3 tiles x 18 seats) total of 58 tiles for 18 seats,
Total you saved 54 tiles for every 20 customers.

gives better result for every seats instead of place directly next to the door.

Very interesting design and reasoning, thank you. I have noticed that it does take longer when the cashier is right next to the door, but I never thought to calculate the time in tiles. I had to read our post a few times before I understood it haha

I have fecsuper's T design for RS and i'm using an alternate design of your double door narrow T design for BS (Because I don't have space to have them on the same wall, haha. So far it works very well, I noticed I saw one or two broken hearts so I just added another chair to one end of both doors, but it should be the same distance as the other 2 chairs :)

Thanks again for sharing this!

veggiecafe
02-01-13, 07:35 PM
Thank you! This looks amazing. I will implement it. How can I see your restaurant? Unless you are my neighbor, I cannot find you, unless there is a way that I don't know of.

Gorillabeats
02-08-13, 07:40 AM
ty for great research and input! I will try it:) but can someone pls post a picture of the relaxed 32 chairs version of the T-design pls?

your invitations are full fecsuper, btw

stuntdoll
04-20-13, 02:12 PM
How do i use this design with the original placement of the door? on the left top corner?

tennysonrobin
06-30-13, 09:03 PM
Oh my God this is magic!!! How could you do this???!!!!

kokiromares
02-23-14, 06:08 PM
Tried it, and it is so awesome.thanks.

WrestlerHouse
02-23-14, 10:13 PM
May seem easy in a smaller restaurant, but on a bigger one it'd take a lot if time and money.

bobbyrae
02-24-14, 10:12 AM
May seem easy in a smaller restaurant, but on a bigger one it'd take a lot if time and money.

None of the designs take that much money. You do not have to set out the tables for tipping if you don't want tips. The only requirement is that you set up your tables close to your door and block your customers from access to the remaining portion of your restaurant. In fact, if you only have tables and chairs out in one section of your restaurant or bakery the customers won't even go to the other section at all. That is how I have my bakery set up.

WrestlerHouse
02-24-14, 10:30 PM
I may try this on a section of my restaurant. Thanks for the advice :).

JCanary
02-25-14, 08:12 PM
Wonderful! I don't like cramming my restaurant with a ton of tables. I think that it looks better with less.

ElaineCarrel
02-25-14, 09:08 PM
In fact, if you only have tables and chairs out in one section of your restaurant or bakery the customers won't even go to the other section at all. That is how I have my bakery set up.
I have my restaurant set up w 3 doors, however right now 2 r blocked due 2 the fact I'm trying different floor designs w t/cs. I have just tables in rest of my restaurant so my nbrs r able 2 tip me. If this floor design works here I'll try it out in BS.

WrestlerHouse
02-27-14, 01:10 PM
What's the difference from this and just putting lots of tables everywhere with having lots of food?

meme1098
02-27-14, 02:24 PM
The bots have to walk all over the restaurant to sit down. This way they only have to walk a few steps to a seat, eat and get the heck out, leaving an open seat for the next one. In theory it seems pretty good. I've been trying it out for a few days to use up some excess food and collect coins a little faster for that last $15M expansion. Seems to work okay.

ElaineCarrel
02-27-14, 04:58 PM
I've set my restaurant up on a version of the Narrow T. I have no idea where the "original" door was since I've got 3 doors and they've been moved so many times. But it really doesn't make a difference.the 1 door I'm using is in the "front" and almost in the ctr. My other 2 doors r blocked and all access 2 the rest of the place is blocked since I don't want the bots wandering around and getting lost.
I use the majority of my place just 4 decor and tables wo chairs. If I only had my 28 t/c set out my nbrs would b upset bcuz they wouldn't have any place 2 leave their tips.
I just set up the Narrow T properly so it'll b interesting 2 c how my food inventory and coins do.

danabella1980
03-29-14, 08:33 AM

This is a picture of my T design. It works great for me and probably just too well because I have a hard time keeping food on my counters now. Lol. Right now I have the door blocked and I'm working on mastering some recipes so that I can fill up the counters and when I do open my doors I won't have to worry about constantly cooking. I've done this type of design on my bakery story game but I think it is suited better for restaurant story. Before I had this design it seemed like I couldn't make a lot of profit and I had to watch my spending on decorations. After I did this design I quickly got over a million and I can spend whatever I want on decorations because it won't take me long to make my coins back.

wladislaw34
03-29-14, 09:53 AM
When cash register is that close to door, custumers stop, waiting long time, if move so they need to walk 5 tiles they dont waist time at cash rigister :-)

ElaineCarrel
03-29-14, 08:26 PM

This is a picture of my T design. It works great for me and probably just too well because I have a hard time keeping food on my counters now. Lol. Right now I have the door blocked and I'm working on mastering some recipes so that I can fill up the counters and when I do open my doors I won't have to worry about constantly cooking. I've done this type of design on my bakery story game but I think it is suited better for restaurant story.

U shouldn't b blocking ur door 2 increase food on counters. TL has said that the game isn't meant to b played this way. When u reopen ull more then likely have a "quick sale", which is when u sale ur food wo u seeing it happen, and uve defeated the whole purpose of closing ur doors. What they recommend doing is to have most of ur tables blocked so that only 5-6 ppl r able to sit down. That way ur able to cook large amounts of food wo selling all of it.

mwmstory
05-21-14, 08:26 AM
I've implemented this design exactly in my restaurant and it is doing very well. Please take a look, anyone may add

sweetypies97
06-15-14, 01:28 PM
I'm using this design in BS but I'm not really seeing results. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I'm leaving it open without the lock screen overnight etc.

Please don't add me, I'm not looking for new neighbours.

neurotika
06-22-14, 04:59 AM
danabella1980: elainecarrel is right. don't block your door. simply reduce the number of chairs available. but also learn to compute your cooking output. you might be cooking those with low yield and are not enough for the number of servings that your layout requires. wladislaw is also right. move the register away from the door.

sweetypies97: nope this will not work too well in BS because for my experience, pig pen style works better in bs.

CuteTali
06-22-14, 03:21 PM
nope this will not work too well in BS because for my experience, pig pen style works better in bs.

What is the best way to sell faster in BS then? Not sure what pigpen is supposed to be like exactly either.

neurotika
06-24-14, 07:08 AM
What is the best way to sell faster in BS then? Not sure what pigpen is supposed to be like exactly either.

here's my pig pen version (i forgot whose design it is. sorry!). the idea is to reduce the number of steps from the door to the chairs

CuteTali
06-24-14, 01:54 PM
here's my pig pen version (i forgot whose design it is. sorry!). the idea is to reduce the number of steps from the door to the chairs

Oh, I see what you mean now, the multiple doors layout, which requires spending gems on items that aren't decorative. How many doors are needed?

sweetypies97
06-26-14, 03:03 AM
danabella1980: elainecarrel is right. don't block your door. simply reduce the number of chairs available. but also learn to compute your cooking output. you might be cooking those with low yield and are not enough for the number of servings that your layout requires. wladislaw is also right. move the register away from the door.

sweetypies97: nope this will not work too well in BS because for my experience, pig pen style works better in bs.
Thanks. I'll have to buy some more doors and try again.

BuddyB111
11-05-14, 06:35 AM
I've gone for the basic T- design and understand why that works.

What I'm not clear on is the effect of adding extra tables & chairs. Will this slow down turnover? Is it okay to add extra seating to the 4 basic table groups, or should extra seating be apart from them? Is it the case that the first customers through the door will sit at the 4 basic table groups?

Thank you!

twospoons
11-05-14, 07:35 AM
customers will sit wherever there's a table with a chair facing it that they can reach. if you want to add extra tables & chairs for design purposes but still keep the bots using the ones near the doors for efficient turnover, you can make sure your T-design is contained, so they can't get beyond it, or you can make sure that the tables that are further out don't have accessible seating (just turn the chairs 90 degrees, although it doesn't work with stools).

BuddyB111
11-05-14, 08:53 AM
Thank you very much. ;)

hihiivy247
07-14-15, 10:14 PM
My Cross design, but I'm not sure whether it is as efficient as T design though, appreciate if someone can do the math for me.

eekme_inn
11-29-15, 10:09 PM
I tried the T design on both RS and BS and it's working well. But, for the design, you need to purchase another door which may cost gems. Or you can also try another design (if you search for it) without moving the door with 4% less income which I think is still pretty decent.

For the 'blocking door', most of my friends block the door not because they're afraid the food will run out but because angry customer means lower satisfaction rating. So, some decided to block the door with the counter and the next thing you know, all food is gone even though there's no customer coming in.

namde88
12-01-15, 12:05 AM
I tried the T design on both RS and BS and it's working well. But, for the design, you need to purchase another door which may cost gems. Or you can also try another design (if you search for it) without moving the door with 4% less income which I think is still pretty decent.

For the 'blocking door', most of my friends block the door not because they're afraid the food will run out but because angry customer means lower satisfaction rating. So, some decided to block the door with the counter and the next thing you know, all food is gone even though there's no customer coming in.

I see another door named "Kids door" which costs only 50.000 coin so you can solve the problem w/o spending any gems.

The "Blocking door" I sometimes use when I'm out of food on the counter to prevent lower satisfaction rating. No side effect tho.

bom1972
02-10-16, 05:32 AM
This is my restaurant with 5 doors. Average walking path is 3.33 steps. I tried the T design. Then I found topics about multi doors design and I changed my platform. I think it works better than T design, IMO. With my 60 appliances, I always cook roast chicken and all 90000 serves run out in less than 48 hours. I also heard some people said that App version affects the numbers of customer too.

Hope this help

deekathleen
02-10-16, 06:45 AM
Wow@60 appliances.

IsisGarden
02-10-16, 09:54 AM
This is my restaurant with 5 doors. Average walking path is 3.33 steps. I tried the T design. Then I found topics about multi doors design and I changed my platform. I think it works better than T design, IMO. With my 60 appliances, I always cook roast chicken and all 90000 serves run out in less than 48 hours. I also heard some people said that App version affects the numbers of customer too.

Hope this help

So, like this design. I'm borrowing it. :)

Do you think it will work with around 30 appliances? I like to have a variety of food, though, but I have 6-8 items I cook consistently and they have over 300,000 dishes sitting on the counter.

BlueBear06
04-09-16, 04:32 PM

The results has:

100% satisfaction
100% satisfaction always

If you want to see it.

Extra for RS designers:

BTW:
Tipping do not affect.

I hope you enjoy it.

Hi! I am at level 99, how many seats should I have? Thanks!

nightsilk
05-09-16, 06:28 PM
This is amazing. I cannot dare do it in RS because I will run out of food way to fast.

You could always close shop to get a good stockpile. Just block the door with something.

kooky panda
05-10-16, 08:14 AM
You could always close shop to get a good stockpile. Just block the door with something.
Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game, and lead to glitches in your game, like a quick sell.

BanishTheShadows
05-11-18, 02:30 PM
Hi! Firt of all I want to say sorry for my bad english, anyways I'll try my best to get you understand me.

https://i.imgur.com/SDKspba.jpg
https://i.gyazo.com/de0e1400533497ceb4d05791cafe4210.png

There's a photo of my restaurant ( both are the same ), and I want to ask to all of you which strategy or distribution do you use for win the maximum amount of gold.

Im lvl 26 (noob), but I think that, the more tables are the more clients comes to my restaurant and ,obviously, the more gold I win.

The restaurant surface is a rectangle (im not good at geometry), and I think that my distribution of tables and chairs is the best if I want to have the more tables as the surface allows, but anyway im not sure if its the real best way.

Basically the question is if someone knows any other distribution which have the capacity of have more tables.

Not sure if Im explaining myself correctly, its quite hard to explain that, and specially in english.

Anyway that you all for the time and I hope someone reply this message. See you!

- BanishTheShadows

VanaCatu
05-11-18, 09:03 PM
your idea is near to key point (to decrease your little eaters' "mileage"), but it can be improved, and you do not have to place too many tables for it :)

check this thread: most Efficient RS design (without maths) >>> (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-(without-maths))

twospoons
05-11-18, 09:38 PM
If you haven't perused the thread vanacatu posted yet, here's some specific advice: move your host stand closer to your door. The way you have it, customers have to walk all the way to one side of the restaurant, then back, before they can sit down to eat. Every moment they spend walking instead of eating decreases your profit potential!

Also, there's an upper limit on customers. Even if you had 500 tables, you can still only have 25-30 customers at any given point (I forget the actual number). That's why you have to get them seated and eating quickly, so that they can leave and a new customer can come in.

fawziaj
10-11-18, 05:40 AM
omg
cant thank you enough��

@vanacatu
Thank you my dear for directing me to this post��