PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetics counter

cristinae115
01-21-12, 01:09 PM
Can anyone tell me why the cosmetics counter appears under construction in some boutiques? Thanks!

rcb4118
01-21-12, 01:24 PM
Because they're waiting to friends to help with construction, or haven't paid the 80gems (about $20 worth) like I did to construct it.

barleycoon
01-21-12, 01:24 PM
Can anyone tell me why the cosmetics counter appears under construction in some boutiques? Thanks!

The make up counter is a constructable item, that we need parts for similar to the cooking appliances ( constructable).
Once we have obtained enough parts from nbrs, we can build then. We get lovely make up items from it too.

cristinae115
01-21-12, 01:27 PM
What are the parts needed from your neighbors to construct it? I would think since you are spending gems on it, there wouldn't need for any further investment. That's disappointing :(

rcb4118
01-21-12, 02:00 PM
What are the parts needed from your neighbors to construct it? I would think since you are spending gems on it, there wouldn't need for any further investment. That's disappointing :(

lol my thoughts exactly

kooky panda
01-21-12, 03:57 PM
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/6392e723-1.jpg

cristinae115
01-21-12, 05:03 PM
Thank you! I've seen my neighbors ask for these items, now I know what they are for. This is perfect. What is making the makeup counter so difficult that everyone is so upset over? Is it more difficult, different than ordering clothing items?? Thanks again for your help, and for posting that pic Kooky!

kooky panda
01-21-12, 05:15 PM
Thank you! I've seen my neighbors ask for these items, now I know what they are for. This is perfect. What is making the makeup counter so difficult that everyone is so upset over? Is it more difficult, different than ordering clothing items?? Thanks again for your help, and for posting that pic Kooky!
It really is not difficult to build, some players do not really like waiting on the parts from their neighbors.

You order items that same as the regular catalog. Right now it does have some issues when you collect and TL is working on that. Someone suggested when you go in to the game go into you design menu then come out before collecting your catalog. I have been doing that and my makeup has been placing.

Right now there is only one catalog to master. TL has not announced if any new catalogs will be coming,

Lee_7
01-21-12, 07:49 PM
Someone suggested when you go in to the game go into you design menu then come out before collecting your catalog. I have been doing that and my makeup has been placing,
Can you actually make cosmetics to sell once you have the completed make up counter? I came onto the forum today because while tipping a neighbor, I noticed she had a bench with bags that looked like they had cosmetics in them and I wanted to find how to get them.

kooky panda
01-21-12, 09:31 PM
Can you actually make cosmetics to sell once you have the completed make up counter? I came onto the forum today because while tipping a neighbor, I noticed she had a bench with bags that looked like they had cosmetics in them and I wanted to find how to get them.
yes there is one catalog now.

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/70471230.jpghttp://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/a175d118.jpg

cazella10
01-24-12, 10:40 AM
I got the make up counter today and sent a request out to my neighbours for the parts and it said I had already sent request today!!! I haven't sent a request for anything since finishing the goals two weeks ago. uninstalled, reinstalled made no difference.
iPad 1 version5

barleycoon
01-24-12, 10:49 AM
Try either force closing the app or restarting your device.

cazella10
01-24-12, 11:03 AM
That made no difference either, thanks for trying to help though, much appreciated. I don't what else I can do except see if it works tomorrow!!

barleycoon
01-24-12, 11:10 AM
That made no difference either, thanks for trying to help though, much appreciated. I don't what else I can do except see if it works tomorrow!!

Your very welcome, sometimes it just starts working again. I've had this happen, please let us know if it continues though.

kooky panda
01-24-12, 11:31 AM
I got the make up counter today and sent a request out to my neighbours for the parts and it said I had already sent request today!!! I haven't sent a request for anything since finishing the goals two weeks ago. uninstalled, reinstalled made no difference.

iPad 1 version5
If you have more than one fashion game, go and uninstall all the fashion games(christmas, regular, halloween) and just redownload the regular Fashion game to
if this helps.

cazella10
01-24-12, 02:26 PM
Only have one fashion story installed at a time, uninstalled Xmas weeks ago and back to original one. Tried again but still unable to request materials. Hopefully will start working tomorrow. I really appreciate the help, I find the forums very useful and you seem to be full of good advice Kooky and barleycoon (among a host of others).

kooky panda
01-24-12, 02:30 PM
Only have one fashion story installed at a time, uninstalled Xmas weeks ago and back to original one. Tried again but still unable to request materials. Hopefully will start working tomorrow. I really appreciate the help, I find the forums very useful and you seem to be full of good advice Kooky and barleycoon (among a host of others).

when I was doing the goals, and had issues, I did not send any regular gifts to my nbrs. It seemed to help me, but I do not know if that is a temp fix or not, but you can give it a shot.

cazella10
01-24-12, 02:38 PM
Thanks, I'll ask for materials before sending gifts tomorrow, worth a try. When I did the goals I never accepted any gifts and found I got my requests returned.

kooky panda
01-24-12, 03:51 PM
Thanks, I'll ask for materials before sending gifts tomorrow, worth a try. When I did the goals I never accepted any gifts and found I got my requests returned.
Try that too, no sending and accepting regular gifts. Anything to get your Parts!!!