PDA

View Full Version : What's the most valuable gift?

gustergirl
10-27-10, 10:02 PM
I have been sending french toast to everyone, because it serves the most plates...i haven't been paying attention to anything else you might gain from particular gifts...I know in the other "Story" games, some give more experience or happiness, but I always give the gifts that sell for the most money...Can you sell food gifts in this game?

deadpix
10-27-10, 11:26 PM
I have been sending french toast to everyone, because it serves the most plates...i haven't been paying attention to anything else you might gain from particular gifts...I know in the other "Story" games, some give more experience or happiness, but I always give the gifts that sell for the most money...Can you sell food gifts in this game?

Just for reference, here's a break down of the gifts and their value to your neighbors:

Roast Chicken, 50 plates, 9 coins each, 450 coins total
Bacon and Eggs, 100 plates, 1 coin each, 100 coins total
Stew, 150 plates, 5 coins each, 750 coins total
French Toast, 200 plates, 1 coin each, 200 coins total
Waffles, 100 plates, 2 coins each, 200 coins total

From the numbers above, you should be able to tell what the most valuable gift to a neighbor is.

You sell the gifts you receive by serving them, after which, they will be sold plate by plate to the customers that come in, until they run out.

Please also note that the number of plates of food cooked when you prepare a batch of food on your appliance is very different from the numbers you get from gifts. For example, preparing a batch of French Toast gives you 30 plates whereas you receive 200 in a gift. Conversely, preparing Roast Chicken gives you 1,500 plates whereas you only receive 50 in a gift.

Unregistered
10-28-10, 03:56 AM
I think it is also about interest. Anyone can cool French toast in 1 min so it is not a very interesting gift.
Stew takes 2 days to make so not everyone would tie up their appliance for that long. Also chicken comes at quite a high level so for a long time you can only get it through a gift. I always decline French toast.

GummyBear07
10-28-10, 04:24 AM
People dont be so greedy what happened to the thought that counts?? be nice to everyone around here and if you want to decline the french toast then go ahead but don't pubically announce it and suggest others do the same out of greed.......

Unregistered
10-28-10, 04:44 AM
Some people find it hard to differentiate between real life and a game. This is not real life . I don't think there is any thing wrong with declining a gift or telling people about it. These people did not spend ages shopping for me thinking about me or spending real or fake money on me.

Some people don't have money to spend on gems so I see no harm in trying to maximize gifts.

I agree if real life friends were to knock on your door offering gifts it would be quite rude to complain to their face.

Unregistered
10-28-10, 05:39 AM
STEW is the most valuable

Telynau
10-28-10, 06:01 AM
Deadpix, Thank You for the skinny on the gifts and other thread on your 12-hour "menu". =}. Very helpful!

gustergirl
10-28-10, 09:12 PM
yeah, i don't care one way or another about anything other people do or don't do on this game. i already take too much time on this stuff (more than 30 minutes a day for stuff like that makes me feel unproductive!). there's no way i could water/clean/tip all my neighbors, so i take a couple minutes and gift them all. every once in awhile, i'll go to individual farms/cities/restaurants. I'll be sending stew from now on, I hadn't been paying attention to how many coins you get per plate.

Unregistered
10-30-10, 06:34 AM
Getting rich in this game doesn't really appeal to me. I like to sell a variety of foods. So when 90% of my gifts are stew, I get a little bored and annoyed. I would really like some French Toast or Waffles or Eggs and Bacon or Chicken. I am currently declining the stew.

Unregistered
10-30-10, 08:09 AM
I figured stew was the best, but it was also the main item that "disappeared". Now that they have fixed the bug, I will gift stew.

ZLqwe
11-29-10, 10:51 PM
I think it is also about interest. Anyone can cool French toast in 1 min so it is not a very interesting gift.
Stew takes 2 days to make so not everyone would tie up their appliance for that long. Also chicken comes at quite a high level so for a long time you can only get it through a gift. I always decline French toast.
Don't decline it. After all, at least you get something!