PDA

View Full Version : New Coke vs Classic Coke

StinkyHead
01-20-12, 08:24 AM
These changes remind me of New Coke, the story of which is discussed in all Business Management 101 classes as the number one thing to never do. Ever.

It's been....what....25 years since New Coke came out and made all the customers mad? We still joke about what a horribly terrible idea that was. Removing your customer's favorite product and replacing it with something different is always a horrible idea.....so TL has done exactly that.

I'm not playing anymore. TL changed the game when apparently they should have been changing their diaper.

mimirivera
01-20-12, 08:39 AM
This made me lol! Great comparison! I would have loved to have had a neighbor like you! This is so disappointing. I had never enjoyed a game like I did BS, and now it's vapid.

wino_o
01-20-12, 08:48 AM
Love that analogy! And, yes, I remember that well. Lol I actually got on today to see about the "add me" lists - I have very few ACTIVE neighbors in RS, anymore...there's a lot of empty appliances.

I really think TL shot themselves in the foot this last go 'round. :(

ChickieCago
01-20-12, 08:57 AM
A lot of players are upset. And after reading your post, I realized something...some (I'm guessing about 5%) of my neighbors have become REALLY INACTIVE this past week. I'm thinking a lot of players are quitting. It's becoming really discouraging with the wacky changes, goal or no goals, Android player/iOs player differences, coin/recipe/ ration changes, and now the one recipe appliance boom.

I like all of my neighbors very much and I'd actually miss them if I quit. But it's entering my mind frequently now. I'm a die hard player also, almost hourly...maybe it's time to look for another game elsewhere. They're out there..TL must be aware of this.

ChickieCago
01-20-12, 02:26 PM
^^^ Bump ^^^ Now the chocolate dip machine has gone bye bye. Nice! Give me my parts back.

wino_o
01-20-12, 06:25 PM
Wow, I can't believe all of the neighbors I have lost since I left this message this morning...many more have deleted everything and blocked their doors. People are not happy with these changes.

StinkyHead
01-20-12, 07:13 PM
I hear that. My ovens are empty and I put out all my gifts. This was a horrible idea by TL. The development team responsible for this should be fired as inept.

At least there's a lesson to be learned (again, as if 100s of years of business history didn't learn TL any lessons: If u have a product that people like, don't delete it. That seems like pre-basic, common sense, however, obviously TL has no common sense and isn't up to the level of basic yet.

pinkster73
01-20-12, 07:16 PM
Maybe TL all liked the new coke? :p

ChickieCago
01-20-12, 07:54 PM
I hear that. My ovens are empty and I put out all my gifts. This was a horrible idea by TL. The development team responsible for this should be fired as inept.

At least there's a lesson to be learned (again, as if 100s of years of business history didn't learn TL any lessons: If u have a product that people like, don't delete it. That seems like pre-basic, common sense, however, obviously TL has no common sense and isn't up to the level of basic yet.

I agree on all points. This is ridiculous...I've essentially have blocked my door and have given up. Whoever made these decisions is a moron...and I still can't find an answer hours later why any of this happened.

mushroom79
01-21-12, 08:24 AM
^^^ Bump ^^^ Now the chocolate dip machine has gone bye bye. Nice! Give me my parts back.

mine disappeared after I built it too for a few hours. Then it came back again all built with a recipe to cook.

Limaxa
01-21-12, 08:33 AM
What changed? I think i missed something ^^

xSnowyOwlx
01-21-12, 11:22 AM
FYI: Coca Cola did it again last year by pushing the Mello Yello to all the bottling companies who dropped Vault so they wouldn't be shipping 2 Lemon-Lime drinks from Coca Cola.

Coca Cola insists Vault has not been discontinued, but they refuse to let me buy it directly from them so I've stopped buying Coke at all except if I want a Powerade.
I hate all the other Coke drinks but the Powerade. At most restaurants it's Coke. I just drink water or whatever else they've got.

So, as you can see Coke didn't learn that lesson.

RebekahRJones
01-21-12, 08:23 PM
I am also not understanding what was pulled that has people upset but it has clearly happened. Can anyone explain please?

nmishii
01-21-12, 08:42 PM
I am also not understanding what was pulled that has people upset but it has clearly happened. Can anyone explain please?

They changed all the food to be 4 coins/plate. They lowered the amount of plates you get when you cook something. On the positive side, they lowered the cost to cook food.

pinkster73
01-21-12, 11:25 PM
FYI: Coca Cola did it again last year by pushing the Mello Yello to all the bottling companies who dropped Vault so they wouldn't be shipping 2 Lemon-Lime drinks from Coca Cola.

Coca Cola insists Vault has not been discontinued, but they refuse to let me buy it directly from them so I've stopped buying Coke at all except if I want a Powerade.
I hate all the other Coke drinks but the Powerade. At most restaurants it's Coke. I just drink water or whatever else they've got.

So, as you can see Coke didn't learn that lesson.

Drink safeway brand diet gingerale. Best drink ever. And its not made by coke.

dirigibl
01-21-12, 11:45 PM
So wait. I just looked at my bakery, and indeed it seems that every plate consumed is yielding 4 coins, despite whatever I paid in coins to prepare the dish. That's not good.

pinkster73
01-21-12, 11:47 PM
So wait. I just looked at my bakery, and indeed it seems that every plate consumed is yielding 4 coins, despite whatever I paid in coins to prepare the dish. That's not good.

You are correct.

nmishii
01-21-12, 11:48 PM

They changed all plates to 4 coins regardless of what you paid and what it was going to sell for when you bought them. The concensus is that it is not good and people are protesting the change in various ways.