PDA

View Full Version : Expired goals took gems from me and it didn't give me the reward back.

theevangels
01-20-12, 01:34 AM
This is pretty disappointing. I was on the way of completing the goal that grants mince pie recipe with about 16 candycane cakes more to bake. But just now the goal expired, and when I clicked on the icon it said that the goal has been expired and asked me if i'd buy the reward. I tried to push "No thanks" button but it didn't do any good. The button was gray-colored, and I coulnd't go back to my shop window. So, I tried the "Buy Button" and it consumed my gems. But what is the most disappointing is that mince pie recipe is still locked! Now I feel that I wasted my gems for no good. If this is a bug. I want you to see to it. I also want my gems back. Somehow I feel like that "buying the reward" costed more gems than it supposed to charge. I don't remember how many gems that I had before the accident, but it was near 30gems and i now have only 9 gems left.

chocohk
01-20-12, 01:48 AM
that sucks!!! All my goals expired but some said their regular version have goals with 20 days left

mind doesn't though

theevangels
01-20-12, 02:07 AM
It even gave me one mince pie as a reward but still mince pie recipe is locked.

chocohk
01-20-12, 02:17 AM
does your regular version have goals? mine doesn't

I dono if I should serve my candy cane cake or not aiiiii

theevangels
01-20-12, 02:27 AM
It has the goals still, but they are marked as expired. The expired goals allow you to buy the reward. Even if you do things to satisfy the expired goals they are not counted anymore.

Lucy3580
01-20-12, 02:44 AM
Same happened here. I think it is a very Sneaky gem trap.

My task had expired and I was given the option to buy the reward. I was interested so I clicked buy now expecting to be taken to the design screen or something showing the cost to unlock then I could decide whether it was worth buying.

It is a consumer right that all product show the price. Gems are money to users and to not display
1 that that item cost gems
2 how many gems and
3 to not have a confirmation screen
must be in breech of trading standards.

Please resond to this TL as at the moment it seems very dishonest and I think people deserve a response.

Lucy3580
01-20-12, 03:09 AM
iPhone 4
Version 1.4
ID: Lucy 3580

eatgrapes
01-20-12, 03:09 AM
I'd be absolutely shocked if Team Lava decides to refund gems or implement a confirmation screen...because they have never, ever refunded gems that were lost due to one of their gem traps. And people have been asking for a confirmation screen forever, and they've only made things worse.

albiecookie
01-20-12, 03:23 AM
Same thing here. There was no way to get out of it except to hit "buy" and now I'm out 25 gems. I am so angry because I spent so much time earning those gems and saving up for something I actually wanted. This is ridiculous- why was the "no thanks" button greyed out? Why no confirmation screen to show what the heck we were being charged for the goal? It's as if I were to go to a store, picked up a cake to look at, and then a store employee took my credit card from me and gave me the option of either never leaving the store or pay an undisclosed amount. The level of "this makes no sense" is unfathomable.

eatgrapes
01-20-12, 03:30 AM
Same thing here. There was no way to get out of it except to hit "buy" and now I'm out 25 gems. I am so angry because I spent so much time earning those gems and saving up for something I actually wanted. This is ridiculous- why was the "no thanks" button greyed out? Why no confirmation screen to show what the heck we were being charged for the goal? It's as if I were to go to a store, picked up a cake to look at, and then a store employee took my credit card from me and gave me the option of either never leaving the store or pay an undisclosed amount. The level of "this makes no sense" is unfathomable.

It's obviously intentional.

albiecookie
01-20-12, 03:39 AM

Does not excuse game developers from ripping off unsuspecting players. It still stands that this is a really stupid move on TL's part.

eatgrapes
01-20-12, 04:08 AM
Does not excuse game developers from ripping off unsuspecting players. It still stands that this is a really stupid move on TL's part.

I know, it's sickening that they do that. :( Was just answering your questions about why no confirm button, etc. (in case you actually needed an answer.)

theevangels
01-20-12, 04:18 AM
My regular version just now got the goals extended. But still mince pie recipe is locked. I hope they at least unlock the recipe for me.

barleycoon
01-20-12, 04:38 AM
If you've lost gems and not really sure what happened/or you're unhappy with what happened. Email support@teamlava.com for hopefully a response to your concerns. Include a history of what happened, your storm8 ID and which game it happened on. I'm really sorry that this has happened to you all.

chocohk
01-20-12, 04:46 AM
My regular version just now got the goals extended. But still mince pie recipe is locked. I hope they at least unlock the recipe for me.

Mine still says expired, regular or xmas

barleycoon
01-20-12, 04:53 AM

Sorry, the goals are being removed today.

barleycoon
01-20-12, 04:56 AM

Sorry made a mistake, this thread provides more information for you http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23094-Update-on-Seasonal-Content-Removed-on-Jan-20

xcellent
01-20-12, 05:00 AM

Another gem trap!.....???

cinder_cinnamon
01-20-12, 05:43 AM
Same as mine!!!! I don't know exect gems I lost but I left only 12 gems from approximately 60 gems for finishing ice cream expert quest. Moreover, completing quest will obtain 6 new year balloons but I've got just 1 balloon. I want my gems back!!!!!

fidstargazer
01-20-12, 12:36 PM
If you've lost gems and not really sure what happened/or you're unhappy with what happened. Email support@teamlava.com for hopefully a response to your concerns. Include a history of what happened, your storm8 ID and which game it happened on. I'm really sorry that this has happened to you all.

Hi,i sent an email and hopefully the respective personnel will response and have a solution to compensate to this matter. Honestly,i dont feel like playing BS anymore if the gems are not returned. I think many users feel the same way too,had a hard time gaining those gems and now they are gone just like that. Too many problems occuring in a short period of time,first the decreament amount of golds per serving to only 4golds and now this problem...Haizzzz...

FoxCelio
01-20-12, 12:54 PM

You know what, I send email to support first, then they reply me this is bug issiu, come to forum to report.

I hate you guys, nobody take the responsibility at all.

quentinsmommy
01-20-12, 01:01 PM
Oh my, I feel so bad for you guys! :( This has to be one of the worst gem traps I've ever seen. From your desriptions, it almost seems to force you to spend gems. That's just straight out wrong....:(

GroupMagma
01-20-12, 01:07 PM

Please don't make unfounded presumptions; it is inaccurate and misleading to other players.

Can anyone please provide screenshots of the issue (i.e. confirmation window), if possible, or state after which Goal this was displayed, as well as the prize that was intended rewarded?

eatgrapes
01-20-12, 04:18 PM
Please don't make unfounded presumptions; it is inaccurate and misleading to other players.

Can anyone please provide screenshots of the issue (i.e. confirmation window), if possible, or state after which Goal this was displayed, as well as the prize that was intended rewarded?

I know that there are intentional gem traps in the game. So any new thing that costs players their gems like this comes off to me as another gem trap.

mimidori
01-20-12, 04:30 PM
Unfounded?

ultrafrog
01-20-12, 04:45 PM

I think this is the best confirmation we will get that gem traps are intentionally put in the game.

If players are warned about making unfounded presumptions and our statements about gem traps go unanswered isn't that evidence they are willfully ignoring the issue? :p

nmishii
01-20-12, 05:09 PM
I believe there are many gem traps in the games, and they are intentional. I know that not putting in the confirmation that players have asked for regardless of being gem traps or not, is intentional.

However, from the first post I read on this I did not believe that this was fully an intentional gem trap. I believe they intended for you to have a choice. Not stating how many gems it takes to complete all goals and leading you to believe that the button will tell you and give you a choice on whether you wanted to or not, is questionable. If TL had tested this code they most likely would have caught this problem.

I did not have this issue because I did not have goals. That is because TL did not release goals for Android. That is intentional.

irract
01-20-12, 06:03 PM

No screen shot, but I can confirm that this exact thing happened on the NY balloon goal to my BS account today (ios5, ipad). We were on the final step and had made the last items to complete goal, so my kid pushed the FINISH button thinking that we must have completed the task. I tried to hit cancel after realizing it was a purchase offer, but it was grey-ed out so couldnt get off the screen, even by quitting and restarting. Ultimately, it was necessary to push the buy button in order to access the game again. Don't know how many gems were taken, and only got 1 balloon in the inventory, not as many as would have come from the goal.

albiecookie
01-20-12, 06:19 PM

I can no longer provide a screenshot, since I deleted all other versions of Bakery Story and redownloaded the original in order to get away from being stuck on the goal window. Bakery Story: Christmas ironically is no longer available for download from the app store, or else I could redownload it and show you. This is what happened:

I noticed my candy cane cake goal was expired without having reached the ultimate goal of getting the recipe. There was a button saying "Finish goal!" and I tapped it, thinking it would tell me something along the lines of "time's run out, sorry but this goal is now locked" and maybe the goals would clear out of the game. Instead, it gave me a popup window with buttons for 2 choices: "no thanks" and "finish". The "no thanks" button was greyed out, and no matter how many times I tapped it, nothing happened. There was no X to exit the window either. The only way to get out was to hit "finish", which exited the popup window and took my gems. Nowhere was there anything that said "if you hit finish, gems will be subtracted". It was simply pay or stay stuck on that window forever. It wasn't until I came to the forums to complain that someone said a way to get out was to delete everything and redownload the original Bakery Story.

I will say that I did receive the end recipe, but had I known it would cost me 25 gems, which I was saving up for something else, I would have never chosen to spend that amount. I would gladly give back the recipe for my gems.

pinkbarbie123
01-20-12, 09:06 PM

Someone needs to tell the players bc TL doesn't. What do you call it when you grey out an area of no and light up an area of pay? If it is INACCURATE as you say and TL is not doing anything wrong here why won't y'all give us our confirmation button. Don't make it sound like we are telling lies, we have asked this of y'all for over a year. It's not misleading if it's the truth and someone should be telling us the truth.

pinkbarbie123
01-20-12, 09:12 PM
You know what, I send email to support first, then they reply me this is bug issiu, come to forum to report.

I hate you guys, nobody take the responsibility at all.
I can't believe TL would tell you to go to the forums for your answer. What are you supposed to get from that except a bunch of replies from players who can't do anything for you. It's ridiculous, and now they have made it to where if you complain they will just pull the thread. Things have gotten way out of control here.

IAmTired
01-21-12, 04:10 AM
I had the exact same problem yesterday morning: I clicked on one of the expired goals and selected finish goal to see what would happen. This opened a window with two options but one was greyed out so there was only one way to leave the window. I can't remember the text on that option but knew it would mean buying the goal, but it didn't mention the price. So I clicked, at least expecting to see the price and an 'are you sure' (or something similar) but instead the window closed, the goal was gone (together with my gems) and to make things worse the recipe is still locked.

Why do we have to prove this actually happened, TL should know this happened, they coded it (and should be able to reproduce it). Anyway, there is no way to prove anything / provide screenshots as the goals have been extended so we can't reproduce the problem. TL should be able to look it up, each and every item in these games have to be stored in a central database, including the amount of gems and what has been purchased. Otherwise the game would not be able to keep track of your levels and items.

My question: What are you and TeamLava going to do to get this sorted?

barleycoon
01-21-12, 04:16 AM
I can't believe TL would tell you to go to the forums for your answer. What are you supposed to get from that except a bunch of replies from players who can't do anything for you. It's ridiculous, and now they have made it to where if you complain they will just pull the thread. Things have gotten way out of control here.
I'm sorry but the players, moderators and CM's I feel do their very best to help players with any issues that they are having. The standard automated response just suggests going to the forum if it's to do with game play and a player could be helped that way.

IAmTired
01-21-12, 04:22 AM
The goal was the Candy Cane Cake I think. The goals don't mention the names but the picture was similar and it's the only locked recipe except for Mince Pie. The goal for Mince Pie is still on my screen and I had already mastered the other Christmas recipes.

sweettreatsbakery
01-21-12, 04:32 AM

Same thing happened to me and I didn't even get the reward for finishing the goal which was the Cranberry Cider recipe.

I was finishing up with the Decidering Factor Goal in Bakery Story 30 Yule Logs (6H) 30 Hot Chocolates (16H) 15 Cinnamon Sticks (Cranberry Cider) serving my Hot Chocolates to unlock the Cranberry Cider when the game crashed and I received the error message that says could not connect to server "Try Again."

I restarted my ipod touch device and when I logged in, I found my three active tasks marked "Expired". When I entered "Finish" on the Decidering Factor Goal , I was given a screen "pay for item". I tried restarting my device again 2 more times but still the same message frozen on my screen so I clicked on "pay for item."

Now it says I'm on the Better Butter Goal 40 Yule Logs (6H) visit 5 neighbors 10 Tabs of Butter but I'm missing my Cranberry Cider recipe that should have been unlocked.

What happened to my Cranberry Cider recipe? Was this item removed from the game on Jan. 20 along with other holiday content? How do I get it restored and how do I complete the Saving Chillby Goal to get the Candy Cane Cake if I don't have the Cranberry Cider recipe from the last goal? Please fix this error. I want my Cranberry Cider that I worked so hard for and I already bought 3 Candy Cane Maker Ovens which will be useless without the recipe.

sweettreatsbakery
01-21-12, 04:47 AM
I know that there are intentional gem traps in the game. So any new thing that costs players their gems like this comes off to me as another gem trap.

In addition to the current problem with the expired goals losing gems and receiving NO reward for completing the goal, I recently lost gems due to a gem trap asking to recover spoiled food. I think that option to recover spoiled food should be removed from the game entirely or at least to items requiring less than 12 hours to cook because you can just cook a new one rather than spend real money for something that isn't worth a dime.

Now I only buy enough gems for what I need and spend them all immediately on items I want rather than "banking" them because it's just not safe. Much too easy to lose your hard earned cash.

momingyue
01-21-12, 02:30 PM

I was on the first step to getting the cranberry cider. Then the goal expired. So i clicked the finish to see what would happen next. It pops up a window showing two options: no thanks or buy. I clicked no thanks button a million times but it just did not get me out of there. I restarted my iphone and it was still there. So I had to click buy button simply wanting to get me out of there. But then it took all my 24 gems away. Who would buy something even before he knows how much he needs to pay?!! So now I have a cranberry cider in my gift, but when i go to the recipe, it is still locked. So 24 GEMS FOR NOTHING!!

I am really frustrated and quit playing for several days even though I was so passionate about the game before. I really want my gems back. It should not disappear in this way!

Another problem is that: Now I am only left with the "egging him on" goal which asks me to serve mince pies. But I have not finished the mince pies goal before the goal was expired( luckily, i did not click finish button on this one again!!) So mince pies are still locked and I could not go on with this goal.

I have emailed to them and hope that all my problems will be solved soon. Or otherwise, honestly, it just took away all the passion for the game...

DaojinWildfire
01-21-12, 05:56 PM
If you are experiencing this issue, please send us an email so we can review your issue and provide assistance. Please be sure to include as much detail as possible.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

albiecookie
01-21-12, 06:18 PM
If you are experiencing this issue, please send us an email so we can review your issue and provide assistance. Please be sure to include as much detail as possible.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

Guess what? I have. And I got the standard "we are super busy and have put you in queue. Please go to the forums in the meanwhile and see if you can get help there." So I am right back where I started.

I want to add that Bakery Story: Christmas was taken off the app store last night, presumably so developers could fix things. I was looking for it to download in order to get a screenshot of this goal ending bug and could not find it. I tried just now, found it, redownloaded it, and now the goal time has been extended and I cannot get a screenshot.

There are issues now with this: good, developers have fixed the goals, which were promised to have been extended. BUT: this means no one is able to get a screenshot of this bug any more. My main concern right now is that developers have the opportunity to say that this issue never happened. This is why I am posting this right now, in order that at least one person is on record saying that this did indeed hapoen, is not fair, and everyone that this happened to deserves compensation.

Call me harsh, but after being treated this way by TL, I do not trust them with anything.

sweettreatsbakery
01-21-12, 11:29 PM
This is also happening right now with the Saving Chillby Goal. I posted earlier about not receiving my Cranberry Cider for finishing the Decidering Factor Goal. Tonight I just finished Better Butter and I did not receive my Candy Cane Cake recipe either! Just a heads up for all other players that if you are on this part in the goals right now then more than likely you will not receive your Candy Cane Cake either. Both recipes (Cranberry Cider and Candy Cake Cake) are still locked on the appliances and display "Goal." So you can't cook either one with them locked and this error with also prevent anyone from finishing the goals. Without the Cranberry Cider you can't get the Candy Cane Cake and without the Candy Cane Cake you can't get the Mince Pie which will ultimately prevent you from getting the end prize the Ginger Clause.

estiquesophy
01-22-12, 02:11 AM
This is pretty disappointing. I was on the way of completing the goal that grants mince pie recipe with about 16 candycane cakes more to bake. But just now the goal expired, and when I clicked on the icon it said that the goal has been expired and asked me if i'd buy the reward. I tried to push "No thanks" button but it didn't do any good. The button was gray-colored, and I coulnd't go back to my shop window. So, I tried the "Buy Button" and it consumed my gems. But what is the most disappointing is that mince pie recipe is still locked! Now I feel that I wasted my gems for no good. If this is a bug. I want you to see to it. I also want my gems back. Somehow I feel like that "buying the reward" costed more gems than it supposed to charge. I don't remember how many gems that I had before the accident, but it was near 30gems and i now have only 9 gems left.

The same thing happened to me and my gems in Bakery Story reduced from 80 to 5! I wrote to Apple and complained TL set up gem traps and gems disappearing for no apparent reason. Apple refunded all my purchases. If you are on Android, describe this situation and they will refund you too.

acermasters
01-22-12, 04:56 AM
Its called a back button. When ever you are stuck on a screen and it looks like you can't leave it via touch pad use the back button. Works for me every time so don't tell me you tried it otherwise you wouldn't be complaining

acermasters
01-22-12, 04:59 AM

I don't remember the quest saying mince pie recipe. I do remember it saying mince pie which I got 150 of after finishing the quest.

barleycoon
01-22-12, 05:51 AM
Hi Albiecookie, in your earlier post you've emailed TL, it's normal to get the automated response back giving advice to visit the forums if the forum can be of assistance. TL will look at your issue as soon as they are able to and let you know the outcome of this goal issue. I know it's very frustrating when having issues with our games, I hope it might be resolved for you as soon as is possible.

barleycoon
01-22-12, 08:25 AM
This must be a very frustrating issue for the players involved, I hope something can be done to assist the players that are having this issue with goals.

barleycoon
01-22-12, 08:44 AM
I understand that. But again of you are too stupid to know that your phone has a back button then you shouldn't be playing this game.

Please I understand everyone's upset, Maybe we might all try to understand the difficulties faced with any game issues that any of us have.

kooky panda
01-22-12, 09:35 AM
Its called a back button. When ever you are stuck on a screen and it looks like you can't leave it via touch pad use the back button. Works for me every time so don't tell me you tried it otherwise you wouldn't be complaining

Wait... have you ever played on this app? Do you have any idea what it looks like? When was there ever a back button in this game? Thanks for contributing nothing to the actual issue, and being a jerk about it. Good for you if you didn't lose anything, but the rest of us have.

Yes I have played this and the back button on your phone moron. If you are too stupid to understand the technology you hold then stop playing sell your phone and return to the Amish.

I understand that. But again of you are too stupid to know that your phone has a back button then you shouldn't be playing this game.

Okay please remember to follow the forum rules ,Creation of disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail the thread, insulting other posters, is against the forum rules.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22953-Renewed-Enforcing-of-TL-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-(1-16-12)

albiecookie
01-22-12, 12:53 PM
Okay please remember to follow the forum rules ,Creation of disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that derail the thread, insulting other posters, is against the forum rules.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22953-Renewed-Enforcing-of-TL-Forum-Rules-Please-Read-(1-16-12)

Sorry kooky. Didn't mean to, but when someone thinks they can insult me when this is a legitimate issue it really ticks me off. LET ME JUST SAY: OH MY GOD NOT EVERYONE PLAYS ON A PHONE. GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR BACK BUTTON acer, but hell if ipad users have one. I believe most of this issue IS in fact stemming from users with ipads.

barleycoon, I hope TL will get back to everyone on this as well. I am assuming they have a lot of stuff to wade through, it just irritates me that this was an issue in the first place. Can't really do anything but wait, I guess...

pinkster73
01-22-12, 01:13 PM
http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/PicsArt_1327263080340.png

kooky panda
01-22-12, 01:31 PM
Sorry kooky. Didn't mean to, but when someone thinks they can insult me when this is a legitimate issue it really ticks me off. LET ME JUST SAY: OH MY GOD NOT EVERYONE PLAYS ON A PHONE. GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR BACK BUTTON acer, but hell if ipad users have one. I believe most of this issue IS in fact stemming from users with ipads.

barleycoon, I hope TL will get back to everyone on this as well. I am assuming they have a lot of stuff to wade through, it just irritates me that this was an issue in the first place. Can't really do anything but wait, I guess...
albiecookie

If you feel someone insults or directly attacks you or a comment you make, posting back an insult to that player only makes matter worse, next time, please follow the procedures outlined in the rules for
these situations:
Addendum to Disputes With Others:
If you object to any content posted by another user, and/or would like to report another user of violations of the forum rules, please do one of the following:

Send a Private Message to a TeamLava Community Manager [TL Employee]
Send a Private Message to a TL Player Moderator
Post in the Forum Disputes section

kooky panda
01-22-12, 01:36 PM

Now back to the topic. I do understand the frustration. I had already finished my goals so I could not provide any information to the CMs in helping with this issue.
If someone does have a screenshot of the pop up received please post here.

acermasters
01-22-12, 02:59 PM
Remember its a free game. It doesn't have to be.

theevangels
01-22-12, 08:59 PM
I started this post, and still nothing's changed. I at least want to know if TL is aware of this issue and working on this. Or is it impossible for them to be on this unless someone posts a screenshot about this problem? I can post screenshots that show my mince pie recipe locked but at the same time having a goal that requires baking mince pies to be achieved("Egging him on"). But I can't post a screenshot of the greyed button which didn't do its purpose and forced us to use gems. Would it help?

IAmTired
01-24-12, 08:13 AM
Remember its a free game. It doesn't have to be.
First you start telling people to use the back-button, which many iDevices don't have, that's really not helpful

Now you come with something else that doesn't have anything to do with this problem. There was an error in the programming, this caused people to lose gems. That is a legitimate complaint which should be heard and answered, your suggestions aren't contributing at all.

What people should understand is that critcism, when correct, can actually help a company to provide a better service. Better service = happy customers which, in general, leads to more income. There is nothing wrong with voicing a complaint...

IAmTired
01-24-12, 08:16 AM
Now back to the topic. I do understand the frustration. I had already finished my goals so I could not provide any information to the CMs in helping with this issue.
If someone does have a screenshot of the pop up received please post here.
Unfortunately I don't think anyone expected any problems, the goals where extended shortly after so it's impossible to provide screenshots now.

Only thing I could provide is two screenshots showing the Candy Cane Cake goal is gone but the Candy Cane Cake recipe is still locked.

kooky panda
01-24-12, 09:22 AM
There have been screenshots for farm posted on this thread http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23162-Expired-Christmas-Goal-do-not-give-you-an-option-to-leave-the-screen
The above thread is the main bug thread for this issue for all games.

This is currently being looked into.

acermasters
01-24-12, 10:19 AM
First you start telling people to use the back-button, which many iDevices don't have, that's really not helpful

Now you come with something else that doesn't have anything to do with this problem. There was an error in the programming, this caused people to lose gems. That is a legitimate complaint which should be heard and answered, your suggestions aren't contributing at all.

What people should understand is that critcism, when correct, can actually help a company to provide a better service. Better service = happy customers which, in general, leads to more income. There is nothing wrong with voicing a complaint...

Except that I encountered this problem on ipad and I hit the home button then I reopened BSand it took me back to my bakery. And on android I find the same problem with the goals that android get. Same solution use the home or back button.
But im sorry I seem to be the only person here smart enough to figure that out. I don't work for team lava and I fixed a problem. You people are just to lazy to learn.

pinkster73
01-24-12, 10:25 AM
Except that I encountered this problem on ipad and I hit the home button then I reopened BSand it took me back to my bakery. And on android I find the same problem with the goals that android get. Same solution use the home or back button.
But im sorry I seem to be the only person here smart enough to figure that out. I don't work for team lava and I fixed a problem. You people are just to lazy to learn.

Android didn't get goals. Have a nice day :)

acermasters
01-24-12, 10:34 AM
I had the goal problem with the chocolate fountain in RS could not get out was gonna stop playing then I read on my ipad book that home will act as a back button when an app is giving you trouble so I tested this theory. And restarted RS and what do you know I was out of the goal and back in my restaurant. :0 what a shocker. I gave a simple answer to a lame problem that really doesn't need to be made that big of deal with threats of quitting the game or putting down a company who is giving you a free game. And what do I get in return an attack. That's why o retaliated against the mass of morons.

acermasters
01-24-12, 10:34 AM
Android didn't get goals. Have a nice day :)

Yes they did. Have a nice day

pinkster73
01-24-12, 10:35 AM
Yes they did. Have a nice day

Oh. Ok. Have a nice day :)

acermasters
01-24-12, 10:53 AM
My issue is not with the masses of morons 7billion people in this world I know 6.5 billion are idiots. My issue is you crying about it with threats of quitting. Look I lost 48 gems getting take out boxes I didn't want I addressed my issue. No one helped me. That's a legitimate problem that is out of user control. I fixed this problem for team lava im still have yet to here about them fixing the take out box forcing me to buy unwanted boxes. So get over it. I solved your problem. If you don't take my advice then you are the only one to blame not team lava.

pinkster73
01-24-12, 11:02 AM
My issue is not with the masses of morons 7billion people in this world I know 6.5 billion are idiots. My issue is you crying about it with threats of quitting. Look I lost 48 gems getting take out boxes I didn't want I addressed my issue. No one helped me. That's a legitimate problem that is out of user control. I fixed this problem for team lava im still have yet to here about them fixing the take out box forcing me to buy unwanted boxes. So get over it. I solved your problem. If you don't take my advice then you are the only one to blame not team lava.

I understand your point. My point is that your message would be more effective if it was polite and civil. You catch more bees with honey.

acermasters
01-24-12, 11:07 AM
My original message was polite. It said use a back button. I being the genius I am can only guess that if you are operating an ipad then you know that the home button functions as a back button. I was nice then rude people started being rude and I retaliated. And my retaliation seems to be the only one at fault. Not the fact that someone was rude first.

pinkster73
01-24-12, 11:09 AM
My original message was polite. It said use a back button. I being the genius I am can only guess that if you are operating an ipad then you know that the home button functions as a back button. I was nice then rude people started being rude and I retaliated. And my retaliation seems to be the only one at fault. Not the fact that someone was rude first.

Just start over and everyone be nice. Problem solved.

kooky panda
01-24-12, 11:17 AM
Okay lets get back to the topic, insulting other members and fighting is derailing the thread , please take your private conversations to the PMs(but remember to keep those messages civil and follow the forum rules).
If you have an issue with a member's post on a thread, please do not response on the thread. You can contact a community manager or moderator (http://forums.teamlava.com/showgroups.php)or file
a forum dispute (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes)

ultrafrog
01-24-12, 11:20 AM
Home button is not the same as a back button.

A back button takes you to the previous screen within an application.

The home button minimizes the current app but is still open in memory.

Not the same at all.

acermasters
01-24-12, 11:29 AM
Home button is not the same as a back button.

A back button takes you to the previous screen within an application.

The home button minimizes the current app but is still open in memory.

Not the same at all.
Apple runs on a linux system which eliminates cache memory so the home but takes you out of the app completely. Makes it the same. I have done this numerous times on both my ipad and iphone.
There's nothing more I can do. Im moving to the next topic.

ultrafrog
01-24-12, 11:42 AM
Apple runs on a linux system which eliminates cache memory so the home but takes you out of the app completely. Makes it the same. I have done this numerous times on both my ipad and iphone.
There's nothing more I can do. Im moving to the next topic.

Not true at all.

Home button doesn't take you out of the app completely. The app is put into a suspended state until the OS needs that memory for some other purpose (like opening a memory intensive app).

Read this: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/01/developer-clears-misconceptions-about-ios-multitasking.html
--------------------------
Let's get technical: iOS apps have five states of execution. These are:

Not running - the app has been terminated or has not been launched.
Inactive - the app is in the foreground but not receiving events (for example, the user has locked the device with the app active)
Active - the normal state of "in use" for an app
Background - the app is no longer on-screen but is still executing code
Suspended - the app is still resident in memory but is not executing code

Active and Inactive are not interesting for this discussion. Most of the confusion is around what happens as an app goes from Active to Background to Suspended to Not Running.

When you press the home button, the app moves from Active to Background. Most apps usually then go from Background to Suspended in a matter of seconds.

The first technical caveat is that Suspended apps remain in the device's memory. This is so they can resume more quickly when you go back to them. They're not using processor time and they're not sucking battery power.
--------------------------

Again.. a back button and the home button aren't the same at all. A back button is used within an app to get to a previous screen in the app.

Home button suspends the app in memory so it can be accessed again quickly.

To manually clear an app from memory you have to double-tap the home button and tap hold an app in the menu bar until they start jiggling and tap the red minus at the top right to close it.

GroupMagma
01-24-12, 12:42 PM
I'm locking this thread due to general unpleasantness.