PDA

View Full Version : Food Quanity changes?

dria_91
01-19-12, 01:55 PM
Im pretty sure everybody else has noticed this also. But why have the food quantities changed all of a sudden? The prices for the dishes, and the time that it takes to cook them has stayed the same. For example, Boiled lobster takes 16 hrs to cook and the quantity used to be 2050, now it's 825! WTH is this? :( is it a glitch or was this done purposely?

nmishii
01-19-12, 01:59 PM
This has been a popular topic the last couple of days

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23031-Drop-in-prices-(/page8

These changes were made to improve the balance of the game, particularly so for new players, and should improve the overall life-cycle for the game. Recipes should also cost less to purchase now, which should help when stocking up on recipes.

However, I understand that many of you are upset with these changes, which I'll relay to our design team.

barleycoon
01-19-12, 01:59 PM
Sorry I don't know, hopefully we might find out why these changes have been implemented in the games. I don't think it's a bug as it affects so many players, I could be wrong though. Some players have thousands of plates of food, so it may be to do with this.

dria_91
01-19-12, 02:03 PM
This has been a popular topic the last couple of days

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23031-Drop-in-prices-(/page8

Yea that's what i figured, wanted to make the game better :( o well

seastripes
01-19-12, 10:30 PM
oh i hate this!!! it's hard to pile foods on restaurant story compare to bakery story
i play both games as much and i have hundreds of thousands of plates and foods on BS but keep on running out of stock on RS and now the quantity are lessen.
GOOD JOB TL!!!!!

Bal8
01-19-12, 10:44 PM
I have been playing RS for several months and I have really enjoyed it. That being said, the changes in the quantities has really disappointed me. I agree with what everyone else has stated and I too fail to see how this change is an advantage to anyone. Resetting the quantities is a positive move. Honestly, the difference is enough for me to quit the game and I doubt I'm alone in that feeling.

Please reverse the changes and allow us to enjoy the game once more. Thank you.

chocohk
01-19-12, 11:41 PM
Im pretty sure everybody else has noticed this also. But why have the food quantities changed all of a sudden? The prices for the dishes, and the time that it takes to cook them has stayed the same. For example, Boiled lobster takes 16 hrs to cook and the quantity used to be 2050, now it's 825! WTH is this? :( is it a glitch or was this done purposely?

yes I had 8 pots of lobster served and they were gone in 2 hours and my customer rating drop , also struggling to finish goals...

not sure if I want to use gems to skip, as penguin waiter is not cute!!

arghhhh

royalt2
01-20-12, 01:58 PM
I don't mind a small protion resizeing but not one so drastic. And why is everything worth 4 coins now. The stew and the chicken are now 4 coins preserving. It's not fare I can't make money and decorate if every thing coast more than I make in a day. It takes the fun out of the game. Why should cook anything but one item since I'll make the same no matter what I cook. What since does that make Team lava?

whitneyoward
01-21-12, 06:26 AM
I play restaurant story daily and now that the servings are lowered and the cook time the same after playing for so long I see the food and think that used to have 800 servings now it has 150 well that's a waste of time. You may have thought your helping new players but your not making the existing players happy. Strongly considering not playing anymore. This really needs to be changed back to how it was before.

queentina3
01-21-12, 08:38 AM
I play restaurant story daily and now that the servings are lowered and the cook time the same after playing for so long I see the food and think that used to have 800 servings now it has 150 well that's a waste of time. You may have thought your helping new players but your not making the existing players happy. Strongly considering not playing anymore. This really needs to be changed back to how it was before.

I had started playing RS a few weeks before x-mas, but I was having so many out of sync and force close issues I stopped playing. I came back to RS about 2 weeks ago, so I consider myself a "new" player and I can tell you that it isn't helping at all with the new pricing/qty or making it easier for us. I don't understand the logic behind TLs move at all, as it is extremely difficult to keep food on the counters without spending my whole day popping out French Toast so I may have enough stock to actually start a 1 hour recipe. The longer timed recipes are restricted to only my "sleep" hours, but even when I put them on the counters the food on them is gone within 1-2 hours tops.

I would really like to have a TL employee start a BS/RS game from scratch, using an Android device, and lets see if they feel these changes have helped balance the game or made it easier for the newer players. I bet they would get frustrated and throw the phone at the wall within a day. :p

mazariah
01-21-12, 10:05 AM
I was so upset when I realized the quantity was changed. This is ridiculous and I am trying to keep food on the counters and it doesn't last long enough. I don't have an entire day to sit and just play RS all day. I've made it to level 75 but I'm thinking of quitting now. No fun anymore!!!!

artlomin
01-21-12, 01:29 PM
I had just reached a point at Level 54 when the game was nicely balanced and I could count on some food on the counters throughout the day? I'm now incapable of keeping food on the counters for any length of time at all. They're empty within an hour, no matter what I cook - short times, long times. I need more stoves or larger quantities.

Luna48
01-21-12, 01:57 PM
I agree with artiomen. I have just reached a level in RS where I felt I was balanced - I could count on having enough food on my counters all day to keep customers coming and not have to close my door to wait for food completion. Now I'm not so sure. Now I get less food for just as much cooking time and earn less money. Somehow this is a recipe (lol) for a failing restaurant in the real world or the virtual world. And none of the explanations from TL make any sense -to "improve the balance" and "improve the overall life-cycle for the game". Well if restaurants that fail and beginners that can't advance improve the "overall life-cycle", I may stay in RS (with my doors closed) just to watch this amazing phenomena. If that "overall life-cycle" includes death (as it does in RL) you may see that by players quitting over this one.

GroupMagma, I really like you and generally understand what you say. This time I don't understand it at all. What I did understand is that you will "relay" our dissatisfaction to the design team. Thank you so much. I can assure you that whatever you are hearing here on the forum is nothing compared to what I am hearing from my neighbors in the BS and RS.

Just_Ducky
01-21-12, 02:41 PM
:confused::mad::confused: These changes are unacceptable and I'm seeing absolutely zero support for TeamLava in what they have done. I also cannot see how this helps new players, counters are clearing more quickly and there is no incentive to cook longer recipes, who has time to sit on the game all day to make french toast every minute!? It's not worth it to cook spaghetti or stew, etc when it only sells at 4 coins per serving. Customer service DOES count and you ARE ticking off the people that play this game, not just those that were trying to play for free because that's all they can afford, but those willing to buy gems. PS3, Wii & XBox games do not require their customers to keep paying after they've purchased a game, including when there are updates. Why would I want to spend 100's of dollars on an App when I could play awesome games for $20-50 on a big screen tv, games that can include the fun social aspect that I've found on the stories.

I'd like to challenge everyone to refuse to purchase OR spend any gems until this issue is resolved to the PLAYERS satisfaction, NOT TL's bottom line! Also go to iTunes, or your App Store on your device, search the name of each story you play and rate it a 1 star. TL will take notice if they see a loss of income to their products AND a loss of new players due to low ratings. I am staging a 24 hour blackout of ALL TeamLava games if you'd care to join me. Weekends will likely be the most noticeable so I'm suggesting Jan 28th, 00:00 GMT to 23:59 GMT (Jan 27th 4:00 PM PST - Jan 28th 3:49 PM PST).

If I don't see TL reverting to the previous pricing on both BS & RS I will be deleting my games and I will not return. I'm not interested in playing a game where the rules can change at any given moment, without notice or regard to how it affects the end user. God bless & Good Luck to All! Just_Ducky xo

bigctothet
01-21-12, 09:12 PM
Lvl 55 also wanting to quit. Cut my table count in half just to attempt keeping food. Not fair at all

eryk13
01-22-12, 04:48 PM
I'm not one to ever post in a forum about changes - I'm pretty easy going when it comes to games and what not, but this is a mistake. I have no drive to want to play the game anymore since I can't keep my tables stacked. I don't think this is the goal you guys were trying for when you made these changes.

kiwicook
01-22-12, 06:00 PM
My counters empty far too quickly. I've drastically reduced the number of tables I have and I keep closing my door for a day or so to build up food. Even so, customers leave angry. Please do something. :)

feefifofum
01-23-12, 11:13 AM
I and all of my neighbors agree wholeheartedly!!!!! Team Lava, if you continue making your customers angry there will be no team lava. I used to love this game, its a real shame.

feefifofum
01-23-12, 11:16 AM
Most surely will NOT buy ANYTHING, WILL NOT PLAY and have already changed my rating on android market.

feefifofum
01-23-12, 11:21 AM
SOOOOOOOO true!!!!!!! Everyone I have spoke with WILL QUIT if this ridiculous, nonsense is not reversed.

dria_91
01-23-12, 11:33 AM
Exactly! I agree with every last one of u.....I made it to level 44 and i was doing really good with my restaurant. Really didn't have to close my shop to cook more food. I literally had thousands of plates for most of my recipes! Then when this change came along i looked at the quantities and was wondering, "Ok, there used to be more plates of this recipe. What happened to the rest?" Then i noticed that when i cooked longer recipes for when i went to sleep, i woke up and about 8-10 of my counters were cleared! They made a drastic horrible change to those food quantities. When i used to go to sleep and wake up the next day maybe 2-3 of my counters were cleared! PLZ TL PLZZZ RECONSIDER CHANGING EVERYTHING BACK! i used to have so much fun with this game, now this game depresses the hell out of me lol

barleycoon
01-23-12, 12:55 PM
I'm level 96 on RS, I can't even remember the last time I had to close. I had so much food/drink, yes I wanted to clear some but not this amount. I really do hope this can be altered back, I'd don't want to have to stay shut. I just know I could lose that food when I re open, it's a risk I had to take. I am really disappointed, it has taken some of the enjoyment out of playing. I'm not leaving though.

darkstar72
01-25-12, 04:59 AM
My counters empty far too quickly. I've drastically reduced the number of tables I have and I keep closing my door for a day or so to build up food. Even so, customers leave angry. Same for me. I used to enjoy BS which is why I started on RS. I wouldn't like to admit how many ??? I've spent on gems in the past. I used to ask for ITune vouchers for things like birthday/christmas/valentine so I could buy items. I work 8 hours a day, have a 3 yr old and a house to run - I can't be sitting making freaking french toast all day to try to earn coins or level up. The game wasn't broke so why the hay TL do you feel the need to fit it? Greed not Need IMHO!!!! I'm sick of both games now tbh and it's only the lovely nbrs that I've befriended that are keeping me going although I may just admit defeat and retire from both pretty soon unless TL wise up and change things back. 4 coins per plate, gem traps, changes being made withouth consultation to name just a few reasons I'm right royally teed off! I'm with Ducky - I'll be having a non game day or 2 or 3.....

Hawaiianmomma
01-25-12, 05:29 AM
Older forum posts by the Minority Voice of previous forums users expressed discomfort with having too little food clearance, you may thank them for your new changes.........

Hawaiianmomma
01-25-12, 05:35 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?16817-How-much-food-is-on-your-counters&highlight=plates

Here you go.....thank them.....

casadolce
01-25-12, 05:40 AM
"I do not like this recent change because it makes it more difficult for me to earn money/stock my counters/etc., which I feel is an essential part of the game and is a large source of my enjoyment while playing this game."

pinkbarbie123
01-25-12, 08:54 PM
I just put 8 pots of spaghetti on my counters and after I tipped 5 neighbors I was down to 320 servings left on each of them. Within another 10 minutes all were gone. It took one day to make them and 30 minutes for them all to be gone.

sansfinchy
01-25-12, 09:17 PM
I just installed a new rs game on my iPad and am finding it very difficult to get a rhythm with the food as compared to my first restaurant. I just can't stockpile enough without closing the shop down for a few days but I still have to come in to gift and tip so that I don't drop in popularity. I am seriously thinking of abandoning my newest shop and continuing on with my older android version.

queentina3
01-25-12, 09:17 PM
I just put 8 pots of spaghetti on my counters and after I tipped 5 neighbors I was down to 320 servings left on each of them. Within another 10 minutes all were gone. It took one day to make them and 30 minutes for them all to be gone.

Wow, that is remarkably fast. Sounds about what I was experiencing, except I was making higher quantity food that took less time, so you'd think it would've lasted longer. What is the point in making a 1 day recipe if it's gone in 15-20 minutes?

nmishii
01-25-12, 09:58 PM

Are you getting all the coins for your food? How many tables/chairs do you have for customers? It doesn't sound right.

Spaghetti has 375 servings now. 8 pots give you 375*8=3000 servings.

If you get 30 customers per minute, which is what has been advertized for ages to be the max customer rate, it should take 3000/30=100 minutes to sell out if you have no other food. And you probably get less than 30 customers per minute so it should sell out in more than 100 minutes.

If you are selling out in 30 minutes, you are getting 3000/30=100 customers per minute and you should be seeing about 3x-4x more customers zip in and out of your restaurant.

Maybe there is something wrong with some games where food is being consumed at too high a rate or lost. Because I see no difference in my restaurant as far as counters clearing and there are a whole bunch of people posting that food is gone so fast now. I am on Android.

lanicefaith
01-25-12, 10:14 PM
Im pretty sure everybody else has noticed this also. But why have the food quantities changed all of a sudden? The prices for the dishes, and the time that it takes to cook them has stayed the same. For example, Boiled lobster takes 16 hrs to cook and the quantity used to be 2050, now it's 825! WTH is this? :( is it a glitch or was this done purposely?I totally agree,the game is becoming unfun,I have to keep closing up do to the fact that I keep running out of food,this is rediculous,u changed for the new players but what about current existing players,I've been playing for almost a year!!! Where is the loyalty???