PDA

View Full Version : How to, do NOT STOCK out !!! (servings/hour)

fecsuper
01-19-12, 07:32 AM
Hello.
With all this new changes of TL, you must redesign your cooking.

If you want NOT to stock out, you need to check this.

You need to know how many plates you are serving per day.
Then with the number of appliance you have.
you can calculate the minimal servings/hour you need to do not Stock out.

For example myself.
I have a rate of plates serving of 45,000
and have 14 appliances.
that is 45,000 / 14 (app) = 3214.28 servings per appliance per day.
divided by 24 hours, I am calculating the servings per hour I need.
3214.28 / 24 = 133.93 servings per hour per appliance.

So anything that I cook, that has a HIGHER serving per hours than 134, will suffice to DO not Stock out.

If I reduce my plates serving per day to 14,000
Then I only need 41.66 servings per hour per appliance.

With this information, you can decide what to cook, or how to modify plates servings, so you do not Stock out at your counters.

You can calculate plates served per day in the following link
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23083-How-many-PLATES-and-earn-in-your-Restaurant-Story-%28client-calculator%29

And you can check servings/hour in the chart (not yet updated, but sehana is already working on that)
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?18009-Restaurant-Recipe-Inventory-amp-Chart-!!

pinkster73
01-19-12, 07:34 AM
Do you have a degree in mathematics? I'm impressed

kattybell
01-19-12, 07:36 AM

I was thinking the same thing!

fecsuper
01-19-12, 07:51 AM

LOL.
No, only college, but I like a lot maths.

Jorans
01-19-12, 08:14 AM
This is a huge issue with the new changes. I am at lvl 31 so I don't have all of the recipes yet. I have, however, calculated all of the recipes available to me with the appliances I have which are ovens, stoves and a grill. I have less than the 14 appliances you have, which means I need a higher yield per hour than you. Using your number of 134 though (for ease of discussion), I find that there are no recipes that take more than two hours to make which will yield me 134 plates per hour. This means that unless I spend all day hammering out things like French Toast, I am doomed to running out of food in the middle of the night. TL has taken a lot of fun out of the game :(

fecsuper
01-19-12, 08:21 AM
Using your number of 134 though (for ease of discussion), I find that there are no recipes that take more than two hours to make which will yield me 134 plates per hour. This means that unless I spend all day hammering out things like French Toast, I am doomed to running out of food in the middle of the night. TL has taken a lot of fun out of the game :(

That is Right.
In my case talking only on OVENS, 134 plates/hour and up, I had 18 options before (16 hours max), now only 5 options (3 hours MAX).

I will not return to the past. pushing buttons all day. I already did that, I already payed my time quote, why to pay again??? Is not fair.
I am not agree with LT changes, and 100% agree with you.

Jorans
01-19-12, 08:27 AM
I went back and did the math for my specific restaurant. I just reached lvl 32, giving me 9 appliances. Using your calculation of 45,000, I find I must have a yield of 208 plates per hour per appliance. My choices include French Toast, Omelettes, and Bagel. It would take 11 continuous hours making French Toast, 17 hours making Omelettes, or 18 hours producing Bagels to have enough to last one day. This does not include the math adjustment for the extra couple of seconds per dish to prepare.

fecsuper
01-19-12, 08:33 AM
Let me put some examples:

Suppose you all have the maximum 45,000 servings per day, this can be done if you have 28 seat, and less than 45 STEPS in door-host table-seat-exit door.

if you have 2 appliances, you need 938 plates/hour/appliance
3 app = 625
4 app = 469
5 app = 375
6 app = 312
7 app = 268
8 app = 235
9 app = 209
10 app = 188
11 app = 171
12 app = 157
13 app = 145
14 app = 134
15 app = 125
16 app = 118
17 app = 111
18 app = 105

And remember, this means that you should be cooking without wasting time. if you cook one 3 hours plate, and you serve it 3 hours later after completed, that counts like a 6 hour plate!!!! and the plates/hour of that dish is modified by 1/2.

fecsuper
01-19-12, 08:36 AM
I went back and did the math for my specific restaurant. I just reached lvl 32, giving me 9 appliances. Using your calculation of 45,000, I find I must have a yield of 208 plates per hour per appliance. My choices include French Toast, Omelettes, and Bagel. It would take 11 continuous hours making French Toast, 17 hours making Omelettes, or 18 hours producing Bagels to have enough to last one day. This does not include the math adjustment for the extra couple of seconds per dish to prepare.

You see.... welcome BACK as a "new RS user" !!!!
New users will quit for sure.

pika4ever88
01-19-12, 08:37 AM
Well running out is not as bad as people envision... When I was low level, I made what I could during the day (that I was trying to master) and right before bedtime would put a 8-16H food. By the next day, I (here's the perk) received all my money versus if it was still locked as food and served new food (also a great time to use gifts if you're in a pinch). Customer satisfaction remained at 100% (since it doesn't drop if you're out of food and offline). Never blocked my doors though will sometimes go into Design mode if a customer is about to get up angry and I didn't have anything to serve. :).

The flip argument is what restaurant runs out of food... But what restaurant has month old stew! XD. So as long as our earnings per day hasn't gone to , here's to all my gold as gold instead of plates on the counter. :3.

queentina3
01-19-12, 08:39 AM
For right now I'm not going to worry about keeping my counters stocked or all my customers happy. If there is a lower happiness rating than less will come in to eat, hence giving me some time to stock up. LOL

I don't have time to sit at one game and continually cook while playing other TL games, tipping, etc......I'm going to cook based off of when I know I'll be able to collect the food and start the next dish. Happy customers? Not so much. More relaxed me that can enjoy the game and have time to tip/gift neighbors? You betcha!

sourlicorice2
01-19-12, 08:40 AM
Wow that's helpful. Can't be bothered with all that though lol. After a long day with young children I just want to relax and not think lol. I'd rather them change it back. I tend to make the food items I haven't mastered yet to get the free gems anyways.

cupcakes4cece
01-19-12, 08:40 AM
LOL...

Does anyone else think that we shouldn't have to do this for a silly game? TL broke what wasn't broken, and now we're supposed to do complicated calculations just to be able to play?

sourlicorice2
01-19-12, 08:41 AM
LOL...

Does anyone else think that we shouldn't have to do this for a silly game? TL broke what wasn't broken, and now we're supposed to do complicated calculations just to be able to play?

Lol we are on the same wavelength. I can't be bothered doing all those calculations for a game not that theirs anything wrong with doing that if u choose to. I just don't want to play the game that way.

barleycoon
01-19-12, 09:03 AM
It is very helpful, I just enjoy playing the game and cook which food I feel like at the time if I've mastered it all. Some players adore working all the Maths out, it's great they have such a passion for Maths I feel.

usmdesigner
01-19-12, 09:37 AM
Same here. I'm going to quit trying to bust out food and work on getting all the masteries for now. And like I have already said before, give this 1 week. If it still isn't fixed, then ill find something else.

You can't play a game and enjoy it only to watch it be nerfed into the ground and keep playing. I think 1 week is plenty of time for them to respond before dropping the game though. This game is addictive, but its even close to being immune to being deleted.

S1zz
01-19-12, 09:51 AM
Let me put some examples:

Suppose you all have the maximum 45,000 servings per day, this can be done if you have 28 seat, and less than 45 STEPS in door-host table-seat-exit door.

if you have 2 appliances, you need 938 plates/hour/appliance
3 app = 625
4 app = 469
5 app = 375
6 app = 312
7 app = 268
8 app = 235
9 app = 209
10 app = 188
11 app = 171
12 app = 157
13 app = 145
14 app = 134
15 app = 125
16 app = 118
17 app = 111
18 app = 105

And remember, this means that you should be cooking without wasting time. if you cook one 3 hours plate, and you serve it 3 hours later after completed, that counts like a 6 hour plate!!!! and the plates/hour of that dish is modified by 1/2.

thank you for this list, verry helpful. With my numbers of appliances its simply not going to work. So I Will just continue to play, run out of food or block THE door till I get to ? higher lvl.
( sorry for all THE auto correct mistakes )

jackie2006
01-19-12, 11:02 AM
i agree with #1 poster about the calculation but why we want to cook more food

1. to master the 4-level to get gems
2. cooked food will stay there for ever. no spoil issue....they will eventually be sold out and we get coins to build up /expand our store.
3. we need to get the xp to move up level, more appliances

chocohk
01-19-12, 07:46 PM
wow impressive with all these calculations :) bravo

think I just cook whatever I like hehehe as I want to sleep and work normally

Am already losing sleep over those goals ....

marlieb19
01-21-12, 01:02 AM
If they are going to leave the current decrease in plates they need to change recipes of all time lengths to at least yield the amount of 18 ovens x 28 customers per minute that it takes to cook so that there more than a couple of recipes that you can make and not have to close your restaurant every two hours. That would at least be a goal to level up...the ability to not have to close once all 18 ovens are unlocked.

yyy15
01-21-12, 01:20 AM
Hello, how come the input did not add to my a/c when login the game?

yyy15
01-21-12, 01:21 AM
Sorry it should be income not input..

barleycoon
01-21-12, 01:31 AM
Hello, how come the input did not add to my a/c when login the game?

There are some current issues with coins not being added, TL are currently investigating this issue. Although could try deleting the app and redownloading it, don't worry your game is safe on TLs server, this sometimes helps with some issues. For Idevices, try playing on a different version of the game to see if that helps too.

fecsuper
01-21-12, 03:59 AM
I am losing also my coins, RS is NOT adding my earnings (coins) to my balance, I hope they Fix this issue fast.

fecsuper
01-21-12, 04:01 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE

I have just checked the maximum numbers of clients per time, and found a little CHANGE

NOW is 29 customers per time.
Please notice this.
Now I recommend you put 30 SEATS on your RS, this is the NEW 29 + 1 as a spare.

lilykittycat2
01-21-12, 04:37 PM
Awesome calls - but probably not hard for you since you like maths :-))

I used your examples to place my tables further away giving me a more 'achievable' plate ratio. I only have 10 appliances, but I am now down to 130 servings, which I would have needed 15 for before... I still now close my restaurant at night, but I have enough food to keep the place looking pretty thanks to you :-)))

fecsuper
01-21-12, 09:27 PM
I just finished my EFFICIENT DESIGN.
Take a look.

please check it
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23320-most-Efficient-RS-design-%28without-maths%29

queentina3
01-22-12, 02:55 PM
fecsuper, I'm making about 1900 plates in an hour and I'm still running out of food. ROFL. I've spent a good portion of my day today trying to work out the best way for RS & Fashion to stay stocked, as I didn't have an abundance of stock on these 2 games, and for RS it just isn't working. I think I'm going to give up and go back to the way I decided to play this when these changes started: not worrying about keeping counters stocked with food and only cooking for mastery. This is just too frustrating and I can't spend all day, every day, trying to keep my counters stocked in just 1 game, let alone the 5 I play with just TL alone.

I do like your design and the way to maximize profits, but if I can't keep food on the counter for the customers to buy, well it won't really work for me. LOL

fecsuper
01-22-12, 03:45 PM
fecsuper, I'm making about 1900 plates in an hour and I'm still running out of food.
I do like your design and the way to maximize profits, but if I can't keep food on the counter for the customers to buy, well it won't really work for me. LOL

Well This design, was for Consume a lot of plates. If you need to STOCK food, then this "T Design" is NOT for you.

Let me make a design for LOW-eating plates.

queentina3
01-22-12, 04:03 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I didn't really move my tables or anything, I just moved the hostess stand to be on the other side of the restaurant from the door, and then the majority have to walk back to get to their seats to eat. I was more looking at your list for # of appliances and how much food to get a stock going, and it isn't working for me.

I have 4 stoves each cooking Curry, which gets me 1300 plates in 2 hours
I have 2 grills each cooking T-Bone, which gets me 300 plates in 1 hour
I have 2 ovens each cooking Berry Pie, which gets me 500 plates in 2 hours
I have 1 drink machine cooking Cola, which gets me 200 plates in 2 hours

Total in a 2 hour period = 2300 plates. Now, every hour when I go back to start a new T-bone, the previous trips food is all gone. I've been doing this for about 9 hours already today. Even when broken down into an hourly basis, that much food should be able to get me by till I get the next T-bone off the grill, but it isn't. I just can't keep food on the counters. *cries

fecsuper
01-23-12, 08:15 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention I didn't really move my tables or anything, I just moved the hostess stand to be on the other side of the restaurant from the door, and then the majority have to walk back to get to their seats to eat. I was more looking at your list for # of appliances and how much food to get a stock going, and it isn't working for me.

Total in a 2 hour period = 2300 plates. Now, every hour when I go back to start a new T-bone, the previous trips food is all gone. I've been doing this for about 9 hours already today. Even when broken down into an hourly basis, that much food should be able to get me by till I get the next T-bone off the grill, but it isn't. I just can't keep food on the counters. *cries

Lets check this.
You are preparing food at a rate of : 2300 + 300 = 2600 / 9 appliances /2 hours = 144.45 plates per hour per appliance.
And you need 209 plates per hour. You are LOW in production.

Remember that RS do not take the oldest food to consume, it just takes from your inventory any food available, and some times, clients eats more one type of food than others. Check your TOTAL INVENTORY, to check.

How to do.
Make an inventory (all plates in inventory) before serving the food you have ready to serve.
serve your food.
check the inventory again.
wait 5 minutes,
and check again your inventory.

fecsuper
01-23-12, 08:39 AM

Let me Explain you in another way, maybe is more clear.
You need 209 plates per hour per appliance, since you have 9 appliances. Ok?

lets check what are you cooking
Curry, 2 hours, 325 plates = rate per hour = 325/2 = 162.50 p/h
T-Bone, 1 hour, 150 plates = rate per hour = 150/1 = 150 p/h
Berry Pie, 2 hours, 250 plates = rate per hour = 250/2 = 125 p/h
Cola, 2 hours, 200 plates = rate per hour = 200/2 = 100 p/h

And you need 209 per hours.
None of your plates you are preparing give you the 209 plates per hour. That is why you are getting out of Stock.

Curry cooks in 2 hours, it worth 325 plates but vanish in 1 hour 33 minutes.
T-Bones cooks in 1 hour, 150 plates and vanish in 43 minutes.
Berry Pie cooks in 2 hours, 250 plates which vanish in 1 hours 11 minutes
Cola cooks in 2 hours, 200 plates and finish in 57 minutes

(note: guessing your rate of consumption is 45,000 per day.)

queentina3
01-23-12, 03:33 PM
I have 4 stoves cooking Curry at the same time, so I have 1300 plates of just that every 2 hours. 1300/2 = 650 plates an hour of just Curry
I have 2 grills cooking T-Bone at the same time, so I have 300 plates of just that every hour.
I have 2 ovens cooking Berry Pie at the same time, so I have 500 plates of just that every 2 hours. 500/2 = 250 plates an hour of just Berry Pie
Forget the Cola for now as it is meaningless with the other dishes.

With the Curry and Berry Pie both coming off the stoves/grills at the same time, that alone gives me 900 plates and should last me until I get to the next Curry/Berry Pie drop, but even if it doesn't, every hour I also have 300 T-Bones coming off the grills, which should also carry me over for almost the next hour, and doesn't.

In a 2 hour period I have 1200 plates of food coming off the combined appliances, again forgetting the Cola for a moment, and it still doesn't last me till the next HOUR, let alone 2 HOURS.

I've given up. I can't do recipes with a shorter than 1 hour time frame right now to even attempt to get some stock going, as that sells out almost as quickly and I have to have a life as well. Once this last set comes off my appliances I'm closing shop until I hear that things have changed. If they stay the same, than I'll just play other games. This is way to time consuming for what is supposed to be an enjoyable pastime.

LOL

pinkster73
01-23-12, 03:42 PM
Fecsuper, can you balance my checkbook for me? Jk :p

fecsuper
01-23-12, 06:58 PM
I have 4 stoves cooking Curry at the same time, so I have 1300 plates of just that every 2 hours. 1300/2 = 650 plates an hour of just Curry
I have 2 grills cooking T-Bone at the same time, so I have 300 plates of just that every hour.
I have 2 ovens cooking Berry Pie at the same time, so I have 500 plates of just that every 2 hours. 500/2 = 250 plates an hour of just Berry Pie

Look, your Restaurant consume 45,000 plates a day, this means your clients eats 1875 plates per hour.
And you are cooking 600+300+250 = 1150 plates per hour.
If you add the cola, 100 per hour = 1250 plates per hour, you are cooking.

As you can see, is normal (with the new version of RS) to Stock out.

queentina3
01-23-12, 07:14 PM
Ahhhh, I see. Well, that is just too much stress so I'm glad I quit the game. Onto the other games that I'm better stocked in and able to keep up. Shame, I really was enjoying RS. Thanks for all your help. Do you do taxes as well? LOL

fecsuper
01-23-12, 09:00 PM
Look what I did now.

I take all the NEW recipes from RS, and put them into an excel file. Then I Checked which plates you can be playing with, so you can stay at least stable on the game RS.
Look what I found:

# appliances 1, 2, 3 ..... is just impossible to maintain a balance.
4 and 5 appliances, the only way to stock food, is cooking FRENCH TOAST all day long, 24 hours........ IMPOSSIBLE !
6 appliances. now you can balance also with SUSHI COUNTER, Salmon Nigiri each 30 minutes............ to cook in 6 appliances, you must have 6 sushi counters... almost IMPOSSIBLE at that level !!

Conclusion : now RS is a HI-STRESS game !!!

well look the list. This list is Sorted by "PLATES/HR" from up to down.

APPLIANCE ..................... RECIPE ........................ TIME .......................... plates/hr ..................... # appliances
Stove ......................... French Toast (M) .............. 1 minutes ..................... 480 servings/hr ............... 4,5 appliances
Sushi Counter ................. Salmon Nigiri ................. 30 minutes .................... 350 servings/hr ............... 6 appliances
Stove ......................... Omelettes (M) ................. 5 minutes ..................... 300 servings/hr ...............
Oven .......................... Bagels ........................ 15 minutes .................... 280 servings/hr ............... 7 appliances
Stove ......................... Chicken Salad ................. 30 minutes .................... 250 servings/hr ............... 8 appliances
Grill ......................... Portabello Mushroom ........... 1 hours ....................... 225 servings/hr ............... 9 appliances
Grill ......................... Grilled Corn .................. 1 hours ....................... 200 servings/hr ...............
Grill ......................... Shrimp Kabobs ................. 1 hours ....................... 200 servings/hr ...............
Oven .......................... Strawberry Crepe .............. 2 hours ....................... 200 servings/hr ...............
Oven .......................... Chicken Alfredo ............... 2 hours ....................... 187 servings/hr ............... 10 appliances
Sushi Counter ................. Tuna Nigiri ................... 1 hours ....................... 175 servings/hr ............... 11 appliances
Stove ......................... Garden Salad .................. 30 minutes .................... 166 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Curry ......................... 2 hours ....................... 162 servings/hr ............... 12 appliances
Stove ......................... Fruit Salad (M) ............... 15 minutes .................... 152 servings/hr ...............
Drinking Machine .............. Iced Tea ...................... 4 hours ....................... 150 servings/hr ...............
Grill ......................... Gourmet Hod Dog ............... 1 hours ....................... 150 servings/hr ...............
Grill ......................... TBone Steak ................... 1 hours ....................... 150 servings/hr ...............
Grill ......................... Teriyaki Skewers .............. 1 hours ....................... 150 servings/hr ...............
Oven .......................... Bruschetta .................... 3 hours ....................... 150 servings/hr ...............
Oven .......................... Fish and Chips ................ 1 hours ....................... 150 servings/hr ...............
Oven .......................... Potato Wedges ................. 1 hours ....................... 150 servings/hr ...............
Drinking Machine .............. Root Beer Float ............... 5 hours ....................... 145 servings/hr ............... 13 appliances
Stove ......................... Clam Chowder .................. 30 minutes .................... 140 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Ramen ......................... 2 hours ....................... 137 servings/hr ...............
Sushi Counter ................. Sashimi ....................... 2 hours ....................... 137 servings/hr ............... 14 appliances
Oven .......................... Berry Pie ..................... 2 hours ....................... 125 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Mango Delight ................. 5 hours ....................... 125 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Quesadilla .................... 4 hours ....................... 125 servings/hr ............... 15 appliances
Oven .......................... Cupcakes ...................... 1 hours ....................... 123 servings/hr ...............
Oven .......................... Tiramisu ...................... 12 hours ...................... 120 servings/hr ...............
Grill ......................... Hawaiian Barbecue ............. 4 hours ....................... 118 servings/hr ............... 16 appliances
Sushi Counter ................. Snapper Nigiri ................ 4 hours ....................... 112 servings/hr ............... 17 appliances
Drinking Machine .............. Sticky Figgy Pop .............. 8 hours ....................... 106 servings/hr ............... 18 appliances
Drinking Machine .............. Cola .......................... 2 hours ....................... 100 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Chocolate Mousse (M) .......... 4 hours ....................... 100 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Olives & Cheese ............... 12 hours ...................... 100 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Waffles (M) ................... 2 hours ....................... 100 servings/hr ...............
Stove ......................... Miso Soup ..................... 8 hours ....................... 96 servings/hr ................
Sushi Counter ................. Tuna Makki .................... 8 hours ....................... 96 servings/hr ................
Grill ......................... Cheeseburgers ................. 3 hours ....................... 91 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Bento Box ..................... 8 hours ....................... 90 servings/hr ................
Sushi Counter ................. Salmon Makki .................. 22 hours ...................... 89 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Stuffed Mushrooms ............. 22 hours ...................... 88 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Oysters ....................... 4 hours ....................... 87 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Celebration Trifle ............ 12 hours ...................... 85 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Strawberry Shortcakes ......... 5 hours ....................... 85 servings/hr ................
Holiday Drinking Machine ...... Spiced Eggnog ................. 6 hours ....................... 83 servings/hr ................
Grill ......................... Kalua Pig ..................... 8 hours ....................... 81 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Roast Turkey .................. 8 hours ....................... 81 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Baseball Cookies .............. 8 hours ....................... 78 servings/hr ................
Grill ......................... BBQ Chicken ................... 16 hours ...................... 76 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Chicken Tenders ............... 12 hours ...................... 72 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Morning Cheer ................. 6 hours ....................... 70 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Morning Cheer ................. 6 hours ....................... 70 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Football Pies ................. 5 hours ....................... 70 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Bacon and Eggs (M) ............ 1 hours ....................... 70 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Glazed Ham .................... 22 hours ...................... 69 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Plum Pudding (M) .............. 8 hours ....................... 68 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Pork Buns ..................... 22 hours ...................... 67 servings/hr ................
Holiday Drinking Machine ...... Holiday Smoothie .............. 12 hours ...................... 66 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Meat Pie ...................... 16 hours ...................... 65 servings/hr ................
Drinking Machine .............. Orange Soda ................... 16 hours ...................... 62 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Baked Pears ................... 8 hours ....................... 62 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Chicken Pot Pie ............... 8 hours ....................... 59 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Tomato Bisque (M) ............. 8 hours ....................... 59 servings/hr ................
Grill ......................... Grilled Salmon ................ 12 hours ...................... 58 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Creme Puff .................... 22 hours ...................... 57 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Baked Scallops ................ 4 hours ....................... 56 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Roast Beef .................... 16 hours ...................... 54 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Boiled Lobster (M) ............ 16 hours ...................... 54 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Turkey Sandwich ............... 16 hours ...................... 54 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Seafood Paella (M) ............ 16 hours ...................... 51 servings/hr ................
Grill ......................... Mutton Leg .................... 22 hours ...................... 51 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Peking Duck ................... 44 hours ...................... 50 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Valentine Cupcake ............. 8 hours ....................... 50 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Creme Brulee (M) .............. 22 hours ...................... 50 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Pepperoni Pizza ............... 22 hours ...................... 48 servings/hr ................
Drinking Machine .............. Lemon Lime Soda ............... 44 hours ...................... 47 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Apple Pies .................... 44 hours ...................... 46 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Roast Chicken ................. 44 hours ...................... 44 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Pumpkin Pie ................... 22 hours ...................... 44 servings/hr ................
Chocolate Machine ............. Chocolate Hearts .............. 8 hours ....................... 43 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Burritos (M) .................. 6 hours ....................... 41 servings/hr ................
Oven .......................... Quiche ........................ 16 hours ...................... 40 servings/hr ................
Nacho Machine ................. Nachos ........................ 22 hours ...................... 35 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Chocolate Fondue (M) .......... 22 hours ...................... 35 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Grilled Cheese (M) ............ 3 hours ....................... 35 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Stew (M) ...................... 44 hours ...................... 34 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Macaroni & Cheese (M) ......... 12 hours ...................... 29 servings/hr ................
Stove ......................... Spaghetti (M) ................. 22 hours ...................... 17 servings/hr ................

fecsuper
01-23-12, 09:03 PM
This means that if you have 9 appliances, the only way to Stock food is cooking the only the first 6 recipes.

Stove ......................... French Toast (M) .............. 1 minutes
Sushi Counter................. Salmon Nigiri ................. 30 minutes
Stove ......................... Omelettes (M) ................. 5 minutes
Oven .......................... Bagels ........................ 15 minutes
Stove ......................... Chicken Salad ................. 30 minutes
Grill ......................... Portabello Mushroom ........... 1 hours

LOL !!!! LAVATEAM is crazy !!!!

pinkster73
01-23-12, 09:05 PM
This means that if you have 9 appliances, the only way to Stock food is cooking the only the first 6 recipes.

Stove ......................... French Toast (M) .............. 1 minutes
Sushi Counter................. Salmon Nigiri ................. 30 minutes
Stove ......................... Omelettes (M) ................. 5 minutes
Oven .......................... Bagels ........................ 15 minutes
Stove ......................... Chicken Salad ................. 30 minutes
Grill ......................... Portabello Mushroom ........... 1 hours

LOL !!!! LAVATEAM is crazy !!!!

Yes, they are.

queentina3
01-23-12, 09:40 PM
See, I'm not going out of my mind or being lazy! HA! I knew it! Impossible task, for me right now at least. Also, I have NO intention of purchasing the sushi machine as I'm still too many levels away from my next appliance upgrade, and I'm SICK to death of constructables. LOL!!!!

Well, I'm still out until they revise their timing for cooking food. BS/Fashion/Empire/City neighbors will enjoy the more time I have for them.

artlomin
01-23-12, 10:26 PM
And of course for goals they have us cooking a lot of spaghetti (the worst) and quiche (7th worst), and Bacon and Eggs is the worst of the short term recipes. No wonder my counters are ever-bare.

kancilkiller
01-24-12, 09:52 AM
How about this? Just my two cents

make your Restaurant a maze-like from entrance to the Host Table. force the Clone Troopers spend the most amount of time walking instead of consuming your food :)

sourlicorice2
01-24-12, 09:55 AM
How about this? Just my two cents

make your Restaurant a maze-like from entrance to the Host Table. force the Clone Troopers spend the most amount of time walking instead of consuming your food :)

I tried that but I want to be able to decorate the way I like to. Not make a maze which I hate just to slow down food onsumption. For now my restaurant is closed until TL changes it back. Bakery will follow suit the moment it runs out of food and I cant keep it stocked. I'm not going to be forced to decorate in such a way that I'm not happy with. I tried it and it zapped all the fun out of decorating.

piggiful
01-24-12, 11:22 AM
Yeah, no calculation in the world can get around the fact that you can't be cooking at the optimal time all the time. People have school or work. The chance of not running out is slim to none now even at 18 cookers. You either need to take out seats or close the restaurant.

piggiful
01-24-12, 01:41 PM
Oh btw, I'm not sure why people think this doesn't affect the high levels. It affect the high levels the most.

Profit and gold means nothing or nearly nothing at high levels, especially at 96. (and of course xp means nothing, since you can't make enough to get to 97, and 97 doesn't offer anything) You just want the restaurant to look nice with all the cute food lying around and watch people walking in and out like an idiot. I know that's what I do.

If people aren't able to keep the food on the counters, they will eventually become idle. As the food fly out the door, that's the inevitable fate of my restaurant. Other 96s I know have blocked the door to restock, but they will eventually be tired of doing that. I have been lucky since I was fully stocked up in december when I took the whole month of vacation:-D

So, this change actually benefit beginners and low to mid levels. This raise all the low level / fast food to 4GPP while the rest of us suffered through the 1-3gpp (gold per plate) food leveling up. Since they are learning how to play anyway, they have no expectation of being able to keep the food on the table, but it won't be sad or upsetting to them.

This is basically the way the game creators are trying to get rid of the people who are taking up the most space, know how to stock and make gems and can figure out what's the most efficient way to keep the restaurant looking good. Instead, the game will be more friendly to folks who are new to the game, and they will be brain washed from the beginning to not expect what a lot of us have come to expect after playing it for so long.

TL is not interested in changing this back. They definitely have no interest in keep us. We are leeches who know how to play the game without paying them much if any. There are tens of millions of new device owners out there itching to download the game, to tap on the gem traps, to purchase more gems than they ever need and then TL will find a way for them to voluntarily go away and make room for the batch of people after that.

It's just business. It makes sense.

fecsuper
01-24-12, 02:00 PM
There are tens of millions of new device owners out there itching to download the game, to tap on the gem traps, to purchase more gems than they ever need and then TL will find a way for them to voluntarily go away and make room for the batch of people after that.

It's just business. It makes sense.

I agree with you 100%. Just remember that at lower levels, they also have difficulties.
It is thru that they can make more money.
But they cannot stock nether as us. The plates per recipe have been lowered.

TeamLava has to work us with caution. The business can drop down at any time, and could be impossible to repair it.

3squares
01-24-12, 03:14 PM
I have reduced my seating from 28 to 17, so as to make food last longer on counters. I may have to reduce it further. customer satisfaction averages 95, so I may not be selling that much less...

I don't care about maximum profit because I reached my last expansion and I have. No desire for a chocolate fountain.

piggiful
01-24-12, 03:47 PM
I have reduced my seating from 28 to 17, so as to make food last longer on counters. I may have to reduce it further. customer satisfaction averages 95, so I may not be selling that much less...

I don't care about maximum profit because I reached my last expansion and I have. No desire for a chocolate fountain.

Alternatively, you can also design it in a way that seats are inaccessible. That's still better than trying to make a maze to increase the travel time like some have suggested:-D It just sucks either way.

3squares
01-24-12, 03:53 PM
Well people moaned and groaned so much over the "check all" feature of the previous update, TL changed it back. Who knows, maybe TL will reinstate the previous quantities if we complain long and loud enough.

STOP BUYING GEMS; the quickest way to get their attention and improve customer satisfaction is to affect their bottom line.

fecsuper
01-24-12, 09:50 PM
I am doing some test about client satisfaction, and will have results by tomorrow.
Interesting things are popping !!!
I feel could be the answer to all the questions, and a new way to play the game, without having to Re-design your Restaurant.
Hope you like it when I finish it.

3squares
01-25-12, 08:03 AM
You have piqued my curiosity, fecsuper! I look forward to your post.

piggiful
01-25-12, 08:17 AM
Well people moaned and groaned so much over the "check all" feature of the previous update, TL changed it back. Who knows, maybe TL will reinstate the previous quantities if we complain long and loud enough.

STOP BUYING GEMS; the quickest way to get their attention and improve customer satisfaction is to affect their bottom line.

I didn't follow any previous thread on the "check all" feature. It was a great feature if it's implemented right. It's a pain to have by default, and it's a pain to live without as well. Instead of taking it away, they should really just fix it. All they need is to have 2 buttons 1 for check all, 1 for uncheck all. In fact, they can just have one check box that says check all? It can check all or uncheck all for you. You can decide if you want to check all then take off the ones you don't want or uncheck all and check the ones you want. Instead, they go from one extreme to the other.......both extremes are horrible.

3squares
01-25-12, 08:37 AM
I didn't follow any previous thread on the "check all" feature. It was a great feature if it's implemented right. It's a pain to have by default, and it's a pain to live without as well. Instead of taking it away, they should really just fix it. All they need is to have 2 buttons 1 for check all, 1 for uncheck all. In fact, they can just have one check box that says check all? It can check all or uncheck all for you. You can decide if you want to check all then take off the ones you don't want or uncheck all and check the ones you want. Instead, they go from one extreme to the other.......both extremes are horrible.

My post was not well worded. What people were asking for was the CHOICE to "check all" with one click. What we GOT was all neighbors automatically selected whenever requesting parts or sending gifts. This "auto-selection" is what people were complaining about. Me included.

piggiful
01-26-12, 02:42 PM
That explains why I still have food on my counter, though they are draining fast.
I have been stocking up on chicken salad, quesadilla, salmon nigiri and miso soup:-D
Food is still disappearing fast though. Someone said that it has slowed down, I wonder if that's the case. That'd obviously create another problem.....cash flow problem!!

piggiful
01-26-12, 02:53 PM
Oh, let's not forget, I didn't play RS just to have enough food to stick around.
I want them to be presentable food. Having 1 million plates of 3 most efficient food does me no good.
Imagine a restaurant that serves chicken salad, salmon nigiri and tiramisu only.....

piggiful
01-26-12, 02:55 PM
My post was not well worded. What people were asking for was the CHOICE to "check all" with one click. What we GOT was all neighbors automatically selected whenever requesting parts or sending gifts. This "auto-selection" is what people were complaining about. Me included.

Ah I see......to me, it doesn't have to be too complicated. if I return a gift to a neighbor and it's not ticked for me automatically, it's just one extra tap....annoying but ok:)
I'd still love to have check all and uncheck all options. I can do the rest manually.

becky_delight
04-01-12, 11:22 AM
This makes me feel so much better! I thought I was going crazy! I guess I will keep blocking my door when I run out of food!

Rich88ard
05-21-14, 05:22 AM
Im Level 37 Tho...