PDA

View Full Version : Update on Seasonal Content Removed on Jan 20

DaojinWildfire
01-18-12, 09:33 PM
This is a list of changes that will be or have been applied to the following games.

Farm Story:
- All goals and seasonal content will be removed on Jan 20
- You will have access to any seasonal items you have purchased
- You will have access to any crops/trees you have unlocked

Restaurant Story:
- All goals (Christmas and New Years) have been extended until Feb 9
- Timed goals will receive additional time
- All seasonal items will still be removed on Jan 20
- You will have access to any recipes you have unlocked

Bakery Story:
- All goals (Christmas and New Years) have been extended until Feb 9
- Timed goals will receive additional time
- You will have access to any recipes you have unlocked
- All locked Christmas recipes will be unlocked for iPad users (no specified date)

Fashion Story:
- Christmas and New Years goals will be removed on Jan 20
- Normal goals (non-Christmas & non-New Years) are permanent and will not be removed

City Story:
- Seasonal content have been removed early to prevent a critical bug

Nightclub Story:
- Seasonal content have been removed early to prevent a critical bug

Unofficial List of Seasonal Items Removed on Jan 20:
Farm Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23100-Seasonal-Items-Removed-on-Jan-20)
Restaurant Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23101-Seasonal-Items-Removed-on-Jan-20)
Bakery Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23102-Seasonal-Items-Removed-on-Jan-20)
Fashion Story (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23103-Seasonal-Items-Removed-on-Jan-20)

Note: Any content released between Dec 2, 2011 and Dec 30, 2011 are considered seasonal content.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

redbites
01-18-12, 09:38 PM
Then that means the new years content won't be removed!!!

iusedtobedigusr
01-18-12, 09:49 PM
I thought they took effect after the 20th ?

iusedtobedigusr
01-18-12, 09:50 PM
My watch say even here at EST it is 11 minutes before the 20th and TL's Sacred time is 3 hours behind mine.

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 09:54 PM
Not exactly a list.

redbites
01-18-12, 09:55 PM
My watch say even here at EST it is 11 minutes before the 20th and TL's Sacred time is 3 hours behind mine.
you've got your days muddled up. It's only approaching the 19th and it's 3:55pmAEST but it depends which EST you're talking about

pinkster73
01-18-12, 09:55 PM

Tomorrow is the 19th?

pinkster73
01-18-12, 09:57 PM
you've got your days muddled up. It's only approaching the 19th and it's 3:55pmAEST but it depends which EST you're talking about

It's 8:57 pm TL time.

aiyayu
01-18-12, 10:01 PM
Critical Bug?!? But I was so close to mastering the Sugar Plum Dream Drink T___T I was so happy when I saw the pop up, and now, all the careful planning and calculating to get stuff done on time before the 20th has gone to waste. Is it just because Nightclub and City Story aren't as up to date as the other stories (android)? Was there no other fix than to snatch stuff away with no warning when it was gonna be taken out in 48 hours anyways?

ariesblu
01-18-12, 10:10 PM
Will these recipes that were unlocked be available to Android users after the January 20 date, or will these recipes never venture to that platform?

queentina3
01-18-12, 10:10 PM
Not exactly a list.

LOL!!!!

I don't think it's possible for them to tell us exactly what recipes they'll be removing as no matter how many times we ask, we're never told. I know I can't remember what was a new recipe 2 weeks ago, let alone ones that came out in December. Oh well, with the drastic changes in prices that have happened, I'm not sure I would end up wanting to finish mastering any of them, as the ones I already have on my counters are losing me money based off of what I paid to make them compared to what I'll see back in coins.

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 10:13 PM
Not exactly a list.

Just to clarify, I mean that the original post is not a list of the individual items being removed. We STILL haven't received such a list -- just "seasonal" content. And I - for one - would have appreciated an actual list. Clearly not going to get it tho...

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 10:15 PM
LOL!!!!

I don't think it's possible for them to tell us exactly what recipes they'll be removing as no matter how many times we ask, we're never told. I know I can't remember what was a new recipe 2 weeks ago, let alone ones that came out in December. Oh well, with the drastic changes in prices that have happened, I'm not sure I would end up wanting to finish mastering any of them, as the ones I already have on my counters are losing me money based off of what I paid to make them compared to what I'll see back in coins.

It should be possible unless they still haven't decided. So either they haven't made up their minds yet, or they've decided to withhold the information.

LCAHEARTS
01-18-12, 10:20 PM
Not exactly a list.

*high five* Seriously!

For FS for example, can we just see it in writing, the catalogs being removed? Can we get a minor explanation at least as to why non-Christmassy catalogs must be removed? Or why we only had a specific catalog for 3ish weeks and it just had to be 1 day timed at that? THE POP-UP SAID "DECOR" AND NOW IT'S "CONTENT"? Make up your minds, please TL. It wasn't this difficult for the Halloween releases.

Can anyone please explain to me what Christmas/New Year's goals were? I am aware of the Holiday Madness or whatever goal. I am finished with goals. So this whole "Normal goals (non-Christmas & non-New Years) are permanent and will not be removed" has me lost for sure.

queentina3
01-18-12, 10:28 PM
It also makes it impossible for players that joined at a point in December or so far in January to know exactly what came out between Dec 2 - Dec 30 as they either weren't at a level that had it open to them yet, or weren't playing it to know when it came out. Hence the asking for an actual LIST that tells us what that "content" is. LOL

Shamrock1963
01-18-12, 10:34 PM
I still like the idea of having a different background or a frame around the item picture within the game itself telling us that the item is seasonal and will be removed on Date X. Haven't yet heard any TeamLava representative promise to take this idea back to the developers tho...

ju1ianne
01-18-12, 10:35 PM
How are we supposed to buy those time stools and time tables to complete the goals if they're gonna remove them on the 20th?

fai0sal
01-18-12, 10:56 PM
That's one good news .. I like it , that tey extended the deadline for the goals and the fact that they will unlock the recipes for ipad in BS , that is good , just hoping they will revert the recipes to the way it used to be ...

fai0sal
01-18-12, 10:58 PM
Well , hmmm !!! , good point...

chocohk
01-18-12, 11:34 PM
oh extend till 9th FEB:) my prayers have been answered:)

thx TL

alan7
01-18-12, 11:47 PM
so are the farm story goals being remove exactly 12:00 on the 20 or will it be removed during the update hours

DaojinWildfire
01-19-12, 12:18 AM
I added a list of items in the first post. I may be missing some items as I'm going by memory.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

putka
01-19-12, 01:16 AM
Removed the club items early to prevent a bug? You guys were the ones that decided on the date Jan.20. I didn't make you announce that. Is you knew it would cause a bug to leave them in until then, why didn't you just announce a different date instead? It doesn't sound real that leaving the recipes until then would cause a bug anyway. With TL it always sounds like they never know exactly what is going on with their own games. It shouldn't be THAT hard to pick a date and stick to it and to have an OFFICIAL list of items that will be removed.

Some of us planned our mastering, based on the date YOU announced. I was 2 drinks away from mastering 1 recipe and 6 drinks from another. Now it feels that all the days i spent on those recipes were just wasted. Which doesn't exactly make me want to continue playing or pay you fo your overpriced gems.

putka
01-19-12, 01:26 AM
Also, it seems that this thread was posted 4 hours ago. Or, AFTER the drinks were removed. So you can't even say that if i had followed the forums, i would've known the stuff will be gone early. Is it really asking for that much if we ask that you give us at least a little warning?
"Hey, fellow TL programmers, it seems that keeping the recipes in Club and the deco in City until the date WE chose, will actually cause problems. Stuff will have to be removed early. How about someone, anyone, gets on the forum and lets people know? Jo, you go and do it."

See, it doesn't sound all that hard, no?

I won't even comment on the fact that it's still not possible to edit our own posts here.

bobbyrae
01-19-12, 05:25 AM
Thanks for the list.

cazella10
01-19-12, 05:58 AM
I am surprised though probably shouldn't be that fashion story goals never got extended!! They were the last to be received and the white swan ONE DAY catalogue released end December will be removed January 20th. It seems very unfair to release something that is impossible to achieve mastery at in so little time. Goals received after bakery do not get extension!!!!!
I am on the verge of deleting my bakery and fashion games for good. Too many changes and bugs to be enjoyable anymore.

Leire22
01-19-12, 07:40 AM
Firts of all i cantu derstand one thing, in Fashion story is no way master things,no way due too many goals there and even goals i cant make in time, i did not see a list which gials are seasonal and which not - but no matter what, i cant make in time kiss sofa as goal and i cantmake even one of catalog items, cuz it was no way due to goals how to make it, i never got goal for golden changing room, noone answered me till now why not. BUT APART OF ALLTHIS, WHY TL GIVES IN GAMES 1 day or 2 days THINGS, AND THEN GIVE US JUST FEW WEEKS TO MAKE THEM, SURE THEY KNEW WE CANT MASTER THEM. This all makes me lose mood to play.

sylvie4163
01-19-12, 07:49 AM
Thank you so much!

boooma
01-19-12, 08:52 AM
How the BS and RS goals got extended and it says 17 hours left? I'm confused.

Shamrock1963
01-19-12, 08:56 AM
I added a list of items in the first post. I may be missing some items as I'm going by memory.

Thank you for providing an actual list. It would have been nice to have it earlier than the day before removal, but it does give players one last chance to purchase things that are going away, especially those items that are not holiday related or even wintery that players might have assumed or hoped were safe. I'm very disappointed to lose so many items that are not holiday-related, but I don't suppose there's any point in further complaint on that score.

chocohk
01-19-12, 09:45 AM
How the BS and RS goals got extended and it says 17 hours left? I'm confused.

I wonder the same tjing!!!! Hope they get extend

LCAHEARTS
01-19-12, 09:55 AM
Well...since I don't play NS or CS, I didn't see the critical bug junk. I am just going to go into FS now and getting anything else I wanted from the closet before we also get this "bug".

Ugh TL. Thanks for the list....that Kooky had already done for FS. Thanks for changing your pop up words of "decor" to forum words of "content/items". Nothing is consistent. I just hope with all my heart that we get a massive shower of "content/decor/items" for Valentine's Day. Not only for losing 3 catalogs that really have nothing to do with Christmas, but for all the awful communication in my honest opinion. It's the least you could do, don't you think?

placeinthesun
01-19-12, 10:20 AM
Great news that the goals have been extended, although personally I would have liked the pressure of a shorter timescale in order to finally complete as much as I can, thanks though for the opportunity TL!

Like others my goals countdown says 15 hours, will that be changed ??? Also holiday content like snowman chairs, etc if they are purchased today before they are removed tomorrow will they still be able to be used in the goals???? An answer to this would be great and much appreciated.

sylvie4163
01-19-12, 10:24 AM
Erg. I was working hard on the goals for fashion, the lip couch. It expired when I was sleeping. Wouldn't have worked on it if I'd known it would've stayed.. -____-

placeinthesun
01-19-12, 10:32 AM
Just seen how far Ive got to go on some of the bakery goals so maybe will take my comment back , above, about getting a tighter extended deadline, seriously though I am grateful for the extension to get everything done!

june_621
01-19-12, 10:38 AM
i play RS and BS, happy for those who couldnt finish their goals on time, but at the same time, had i known this earlier, i would have focused on mastering recipes (which will be removed tomorrow) first before i tried to finish the goals (which will stay till 9 feb)

neefs89
01-19-12, 10:49 AM
Yay!!! Rs and bs Goals get an extension!!

cr4zy_eights
01-19-12, 11:35 AM
Why didn't we get a warning about the nightclub and city stuff?!

shakiba
01-19-12, 03:20 PM
Woo hoo!! Thx TL! :D

circoit
01-19-12, 04:03 PM
I really wish the seasonal outfits in Fashion Story would remain awhile longer. I finally succumbed and downloaded it just a few days ago and that doesn't give me enough time to complete any of the new stuff. Plus, I love the snow boots and snowflake earrings in the Mrs. Claus outfit and wish there was a way to keep those around longer (cause it is still January - and those still make sense all winter long). I appreciate that Team lava is trying to stay on top of removing seasonal content, but feel they are doing it too soon.

dalula
01-19-12, 05:24 PM
Wait is it in the night or afternoon, or right on Friday? I hope i will have enough time to get my gem from the White Swan catalog

iofiel
01-20-12, 01:05 AM
Goals expired

chocohk
01-20-12, 01:08 AM
errrr all goals for RS and BS have expired and doesn't recognize any of the foods I made as part of the goals!!!!!!!

RoseMiti
01-20-12, 02:38 AM
I'm playing RS regular version and goals were extended 20 more days.

chocohk
01-20-12, 02:42 AM
RoseMiti : what about BS? do you have goals or it says expired? thx

RoseMiti
01-20-12, 02:44 AM
Sorry, I don't play BS.

Leire22
01-20-12, 09:17 AM
I cant understand how they can remove 1 day catalog stuff which we had only for 20 days, with regular amount of slots or players in lower level, i still dont have finished even for first gem and apart of that dont have finished goal for golden changing room, sad - cuz of course now i must make 2 days cloth, thats not normal sure.

pinkbarbie123
01-20-12, 09:53 AM
I almost used what gems I have left on the final goal in bs. The clock ran down so unless you live on this forum you wouldnt know. I noticed today that I have 20 more days. I would have been you know what had I used my gems.

Leire22
01-20-12, 10:02 AM
It is too many misunderstandings, too many bugs, and too many new things on players, then only result is that ppl are angry, sad and cant even write what they want, cuz at the end u get warning, that u told what u think and showed how u feel, cuz here they want us be happy, write nice way, be cool, say cool things, and be just neat u understand? IF u not, u are breaking rules, so in a fact far from any democracy.

electrickim
01-20-12, 10:18 AM
Okay, am I the only one who's mad about the constant changing of dates for these goals being removed?? I had pretty much given up hope of accomplishing the goals, then I hear on the forum that it's been EXTENDED. I could have been working to earn them, but instead I thought they would be removed. Now when I log on, it says I have 20 more days to complete the goal. This has happened twice already...urg I'm sorry for ranting but it really gets me going.

abfab2
01-20-12, 10:48 AM
What happened this morning ? I completed Klaus Confession at 8.30 and it said I now needed gems to buy the sleigh ?
I now have 20 days to complete it and have lost the last 9 items I cooked !! Not very happy with this at all as I bought gems earlier in the week to complete some goals quicker to get onto this one and now I don't get the prize !

leadfoot
01-20-12, 02:46 PM
I'd like to know what's going on too. Early this morning I clicked on the Klaus Confession goal and got a popup saying it had expired, would I want to purchase the item with gems. There were 2 buttons at the bottom, one said 'No Thanks' which was greyed out and the other 'Purchase' which was available. There was no other way to exit the screen. It cost me quite a bit of gems that I didn't want to spend like this. That stinks and for that I'm considering quitting the game.

3cala
01-20-12, 04:15 PM
I just mastered snow drops today, the only removed crop I was going to try and master and I got my 4thh leaf but no gem :-(

lupi123
01-20-12, 05:33 PM
I just mastered snow drops today, the only removed crop I was going to try and master and I got my 4thh leaf but no gem :-(

Did you get the gnome? I still have the trees to master and if they are not going to give out the gnome or the gem, there is no reason to keep the trees :(

stote
01-20-12, 07:05 PM
I'd like to know what's going on too. Early this morning I clicked on the Klaus Confession goal and got a popup saying it had expired, would I want to purchase the item with gems. There were 2 buttons at the bottom, one said 'No Thanks' which was greyed out and the other 'Purchase' which was available. There was no other way to exit the screen. It cost me quite a bit of gems that I didn't want to spend like this. That stinks and for that I'm considering quitting the game.
I hate to break it to you, but it was only grey to discourage you from hitting it, not because you couldn't choose it. If you'd chosen "no thanks", it would have worked. Mine did.

pinkster73
01-20-12, 07:08 PM
I hate to break it to you, but it was only grey to discourage you from hitting it, not because you couldn't choose it. If you'd chosen "no thanks", it would have worked. Mine did.

There's been many many people who already reported that hitting the "no thanks" did nothing.

pinkster73
01-20-12, 07:10 PM

Here's the thread about it

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?23161-Expired-goals-took-gems-from-me-and-it-didn-t-give-me-the-reward-back.

3cala
01-20-12, 09:54 PM
Did you get the gnome? I still have the trees to master and if they are not going to give out the gnome or the gem, there is no reason to keep the trees :(

No, I did not get a gnome either :-(

01cookie10
01-21-12, 12:54 AM
Thank you for the list which is helpful. Would it be possible to have this kind of thing earlier on in the future, I'm now feeling bad I told a level 23 they would never complete the goals in time! Also re goals is it possible to get a list of what you have to do to complete them, instead of having to plough through the forums and piecing things together. Kind regards

queentina3
01-24-12, 07:09 AM
Is there anyway to get an update as to when the catalogs in Fashion Story are going to be yanked? Where these extended to the Feb 9 date like goals, or are they going to be removed at this week's update? I just don't want to put in effort needlessly in trying to master a catalog that may be gone tomorrow morning when I could be focusing on keeping stock in my store, so any definite confirmation would be appreciated.

queentina3
01-25-12, 10:04 PM
Is there any update as to WHEN the content will be removed, since it wasn't on Jan 20? I don't think it's too much to ask on if things are going to be staying that were supposed to be removed, so a response would be appreciated.

mushroom79
01-26-12, 06:04 AM
well, since when do we ever get a definite response?!

EricasYummys
01-27-12, 06:08 PM
Is there any update as to WHEN the content will be removed, since it wasn't on Jan 20? I don't think it's too much to ask on if things are going to be staying that were supposed to be removed, so a response would be appreciated.

We're supposed to have until Feb 9 in BS

dalula
01-30-12, 04:34 PM
but i am happy the items werent removed on the 20th :D

DoubleZ
02-02-12, 04:12 PM
Wish they'd make up their minds! I'd still like to know a definite date on the red poinsettias, especially since I didn't ever "unlock" them. They just appeared in my store one day.

EricasYummys
02-02-12, 08:25 PM
Wish they'd make up their minds! I'd still like to know a definite date on the red poinsettias, especially since I didn't ever "unlock" them. They just appeared in my store one day.

I think they are removing those holiday items on Feb 9th. I think only the unlocked and goal items are able to be kept after then.

DoubleZ
02-02-12, 09:18 PM
I think they are removing those holiday items on Feb 9th. I think only the unlocked and goal items are able to be kept after then.

That is what is confusing. The red poinsettia was an item that required "unlocking", but I wasn't willing to spend the gems to buy the items needed to unlock it. They just appeared in my store about the same time the square melon appeared.

EricasYummys
02-03-12, 10:06 AM
That is what is confusing. The red poinsettia was an item that required "unlocking", but I wasn't willing to spend the gems to buy the items needed to unlock it. They just appeared in my store about the same time the square melon appeared.

Whatever you have purchased (by gems,coins,goal) you will have access to after Feb. 9th. If you didn't purchase it (gems,coins, goal) I dont think that it will be available after the 9th. (from my understanding)

divasdivine
02-10-12, 07:13 AM
Well, here we are on February 10, and all the Christmas seasonal items are still available. Seriously? Christmas was two months ago! When are all these holiday catalogues going to finally go away? Please TL give us a difinitive date for their removal and stick to it!! At this rate we will still be buying Christmas outfits in the Spring!

katt2418
02-10-12, 08:29 AM
Well I for one am glad to still have the time to not only finish mastery for gems, but also to stock up on clothes/food that i like!!!! And dont forget it has/is taking us longer to complete mastery because of the changes TL had made to quantity/price, as well as all the goals, for new players or a player like me who plays all games on 3 different devices we really need the extra time!!! Personally, i hope these items stay until after V-Day and remove xmas content when they remove V-Day content!!!

sehana
02-10-12, 08:30 AM
I don't mind them being there so I can have time to master them. :)

kathreg
02-10-12, 09:41 AM
My Xmas stuff was removed last night. I'm sure everyone else's will be gone within the next 24 hours.

WildnFree
02-10-12, 03:35 PM
Well I still have access to all my Xmas stuff except for my recipes. TL will there be any other way of unlocking those recipes cause I was nearly finished with them and I Don't exactly want a candy cane machine with an item (the cake) saying locked forever?

ultrafrog
02-10-12, 05:24 PM
You will still have access to items you have purchased, you just lose the ability to purchase more of them. If you can still buy more then it wasn't removed.