PDA

View Full Version : please update gift feature

jaybees1
01-18-12, 04:07 PM
Would like the ability to automatically receive gifts (just put them directly into the catalog) and automatically send the same gift back to the sender. Just place a notice into the news feed.

barleycoon
01-18-12, 04:13 PM
That would save us a lot of time to not have to collect gifts, however for those players that keep records on all gifts recieved by nbrs. I'm not sure if they'd like it, I would though I send gifts back to all my nbrs. I too would like to send the same back, this would work with fashion as all the gifts are very nice. Thank you for your great suggestions.

bobbyrae
01-18-12, 04:14 PM
I just wish they would increase the per day gift quota...20 per day is so frustrating.

ariesblu
01-18-12, 04:15 PM
I don't think that would be too realistic. The news feed is already short in length, and some might feel it too intrusive especially if they do not have a choice to decline gifts while still having a 20 gift limit.

jaybees1
01-18-12, 04:17 PM
If they put a notice into your news feed, then you could review the news and keep track of who sent gifts to you. For examples joe sent you black slacks. And why are there so few choices for sending gifts? Why can't we use the entire catalog?

jaybees1
01-18-12, 04:19 PM
Also, if it is a feature that you coud choose to use (or not), then wouldn't everyone be happy? I hate dealing with gifts but the notices keep popping up until you handle with them. Also, why can't we have a feature to automatically send gifts to certain neighbors each day?

ariesblu
01-18-12, 04:24 PM
The news feed only keeps track of the last ten notices, I believe. So to include who gifted you in the same feed of who liked your boutique would not be beneficial to many at all, for many do not play this game around the clock. Also, I do not think many would be satisfied with not being able to deny gifts they do not desire, while it still counts for the 20 max per day. I just don't think it's realistic overall.

What I do agree with you is for a greater variety of gifting options.

nmishii
01-18-12, 04:25 PM
I would like to select which gifts I accept and which I decline. Sometimes I'm looking for a specific part and when I get near 20 will decline gifts, hoping that one neighbor will send me the one part I need.

Sometimes I need different parts for what I am building than my neighbors. We should both be able to gift the part that the other person wants, rather than give what is received. Some neighbors want food and gift me parts and I gift them food.

When I get near 20 gifts and its still early in the day, I'll decline gifts so that my neighbors who gift later in the day won't get the maxed out message. Before they went to the new gifting system I didn't accept all gifts until shortly before reset time, but I haven't been too successful at it since, because now gifts stop at 20 rather than roll off and I can't monitor my gift list all day.

Anyway, how would this work. If I gifted a person paint, and they automatically sent me back paint, then I automatically sent them back paint, and they automatically sent me back paint, etc, how will the sequence be broken?

Rachael98
01-18-12, 04:26 PM
I would like to select which gifts I accept and which I decline. Sometimes I'm looking for a specific part and when I get near 20 will decline gifts, hoping that one neighbor will send me the one part I need.

Sometimes I need different parts for what I am building than my neighbors. We should both be able to gift the part that the other person wants, rather than give what is received. Some neighbors want food and gift me parts and I gift them food.

When I get near 20 gifts and its still early in the day, I'll decline gifts so that my neighbors who gift later in the day won't get the maxed out message. Before they went to the new gifting system I didn't accept all gifts until shortly before reset time, but I haven't been too successful at it since, because now gifts stop at 20 rather than roll off and I can't monitor my gift list all day.

Anyway, how would this work. If I gifted a person paint, and they automatically sent me back paint, then I automatically sent them back paint, and they automatically sent me back paint, etc, how will the sequence be broken?

How would it work? I don't think it would.

I really believe that it's fine as it is.

barleycoon
01-18-12, 04:31 PM
I just wish they would increase the per day gift quota...20 per day is so frustrating.

That would really help new players, I too wish we could have more gifts. It would benefit all levels of players.

jaybees1
01-18-12, 04:33 PM
Obviously, it would have to know the difference between a new gift and a gift back. I never decline gifts and always gift back with the same item. This would save me a lot of time. Again - I think it should be an option. That way, you don't have to turn it on. If you prefer the manual process, then continue to handle gifts manually. I'd like an automatic process.

Rachael98
01-18-12, 04:36 PM
Obviously, it would have to know the difference between a new gift and a gift back. I never decline gifts and always gift back with the same item. This would save me a lot of time. Again - I think it should be an option. That way, you don't have to turn it on. If you prefer the manual process, then continue to handle gifts manually. I'd like an automatic process.

Lovely idea, and it may be something for the future, but I would personally much rather some other things be implemented first (eg. Block button, Confirm Purchases etc.)

jaybees1
01-18-12, 04:51 PM
I've been lucky enough that I haven't had to block anyone. However, I have accidentally spent gems. (The game was taking a while to change pages in the catalog. I went too far and purchased another catalog slot. 25 gems gone without a confirmation or an undo.)

Unless you want to buy them, it takes a long time to save them up. You can use gems to get coins. Why can't you use coins to get gems? So frustrating!