PDA

View Full Version : gift manners

pops1972
01-17-12, 09:32 PM
Okay I love bakery but I have a certain phobia. Tapping the send gift now is so stressful for me. I searched but couldn't find the board on this. I return to my farm and restaurant and bakery to find angry messages on my wall. It was embarrassing. I deleted all my neighbors and closed out shop. Couldn't resist bakery though. Now I'm back to not remembering who is only cappichino and who is only parts. And my scrolled sometimes select other neighbor. Someone must have a method that is effective and doesn't involve reading every wall every day. Thanks.

pastrychef17
01-17-12, 09:42 PM
I have neighbors who write on my wall what they want and I gift them their request first. I also only accept neighbors who only want parts so I never gift food unless an existing neighbor specifically asks for food. Otherwise I gift parts most in demand. For instance, in Bakery, most of my neighbors are building the 2 newest constructibles and those require paint and screws the most so I'm mostly gifting that.

FWIW, I don't think people should get angry if they didn't like your gift, they can just ask you for what they want and decline the gift they didn't want. If my neighbors gift me food, I write on their wall asking for parts and explaining I decline all food gifts. If they keep gifting me food, I give up and delete them rather than constantly reminding them to only send parts.

What does bug me though is when people ask me for parts then gift me food.

nmishii
01-17-12, 09:42 PM
Are you saying you are getting angry messages because you sent a person the wrong gift? If so, I'd delete those neighbors.

I use a list in MS Excel to list whether someone wants a part or food. I filter on c (for cappuccino) for example, and it lists all the neighbors who want that. And then I gift that. And continue.

When I tip I often leave messages to let me know if they want something else for a gift. Some neighbors will post on my wall what they want. Others post on their wall, and I hope they all realize not everyone will see their post. I'll also look at their place (usually to find an empty table) and see what they have and what they are building. Some, even if they are building want food for gifts and parts through a request, and I know who they are. When I see a new request, I update my spreadsheet. I have a small number of neighbors, right now in the low 30s in all my games.

barleycoon
01-17-12, 09:43 PM
I feel so sorry for you if anyone leaves angry/abusive messages on your wall, report it to support@teamlava.com including your storm8 ID, it's really helpful to include screenshots and the storm8 IDs of the players leaving the messages. If you don't know their ID's leave the messages for support to investigate. It's terrible what these players have done to you. If in time you feel able to go back to all your other games, I'd love to be nbrs with you really there are some lovely nbrs on the games. I've been though this myself and I know how extremely upsetting it is, please don't let the bullies win and leave your lovely games. I'll check your walls for you and send up some screenshots if the messages are still there. I'm here to support you, in time it wil get easier to send gifts, if anyone is rude/ungrateful report if messages are left and delete them that's what I do. Take care.

irishmeagan
01-17-12, 09:54 PM
I didn't know there were people that only wanted food or only wanted parts. I have never had anyone say that specifically. I have had neighbors ask me for something on my wall and I try and always give them what they need. I typically gift all my neighbors gifts at one time during the day and it's always a part because I figure its a better use of a gift.

I agree delete the jerks who are being rude!

pops1972
01-17-12, 09:57 PM
I think some folks don't know that you can stockpile screws and paint.

pops1972
01-17-12, 10:01 PM
I think some folks don't know that you can stockpile screws and paint.

Also some people store their boxes so you can't see them.

pastrychef17
01-17-12, 10:05 PM

Actually, you can't store boxes of unbuilt appliances - the only option the game gives you is to sell it and the unused parts go back into your inventory. Some neighbors hide the box in their bakery so it's harder to see but I like when it's obviously out so you can see what they're building and can gift a part they might need.

pinkster73
01-17-12, 10:06 PM
I don't care what people gift me. I accept what I want, and decline what I don't want. I don't expect people to remember what everyone wants. I try to gift what my neighbors want, but can't always remember. I don't mind if they delete me.

ariesblu
01-17-12, 10:11 PM
Some people are really into this game and take it really seriously, but that doesn't mean they can be demanding of anyone. Once someone posted in caps that they only accept cappuccino. I don't even bother with people like that and delete. I do however keep track of what neighbors desire what with an excel sheet as well; it also helps me keep track of who actually gifts me back, and who I can live without and delete. At the end of the day, you can request something, but demanding is too much.

pops1972
01-17-12, 10:12 PM
Will they be notified if you decline the gift?

sumnboutme
01-17-12, 10:13 PM
I don't care what people gift me. I accept what I want, and decline what I don't want. I don't expect people to remember what everyone wants. I try to gift what my neighbors want, but can't always remember. I don't mind if they delete me.

Me too :D. In the end it's a game and I don't need unnecessary stress. if they don't like my gift, they can decline it or delete me.

ariesblu
01-17-12, 10:15 PM
No they won't.

nmishii
01-17-12, 10:15 PM

No, they do not know if you accepted or declined the gift. Or if you didn't see it because it was pushed of the 10 item gift list.

hanatsuki
01-17-12, 10:27 PM

I do the very same. Some neighbours will write on my wall what they want the same time they tip me which is a good reminder. But yes there are quite rude neighbours out there, quite sad to get deleted when I don't clear my tables too oftn because I'd be busy at school or work during those days and get angry faces on my wall and deleted.

casadolce
01-17-12, 10:34 PM

Ditto (10)

ace1234567
01-18-12, 05:57 AM
Just report to TL and deleted them.

Some neighbour taking the game too seriously, some are just rude, some always 0 star in tipping.
SoS

bobbyrae
01-18-12, 06:51 AM
It might be helpful if you post on the bottom of your wall that you gift food or parts by default. If you have the time to gift specific people specific gifts then post that on your wall, i.e. that if players want a specific thing then they should post that on your wall.
I personally don't care what people gift me in restaurant, but i will delete players who constantly gift low yielding food or unusable parts. If a player sends me a motor in bakery i will post on their wall asking if they knew that no appliances use motors in bakery and ask whether they would still like a motor back. I find that a lot of new and older players don't know or are just stocking up on all parts. I've had players respond that they do know that but still would like one back. So...

sourlicorice2
01-18-12, 09:12 AM
It might be helpful if you post on the bottom of your wall that you gift food or parts by default. If you have the time to gift specific people specific gifts then post that on your wall, i.e. that if players want a specific thing then they should post that on your wall.
I personally don't care what people gift me in restaurant, but i will delete players who constantly gift low yielding food or unusable parts. If a player sends me a motor in bakery i will post on their wall asking if they knew that no appliances use motors in bakery and ask whether they would still like a motor back. I find that a lot of new and older players don't know or are just stocking up on all parts. I've had players respond that they do know that but still would like one back. So...

Actually motors and wiring are now usable for some of the new appliances at least for IOS, I'm not sure about Android. I agree I'd delete them. I keep a list of what my nbrs want in a notebook now so I remember. I've posted on my wall I now prefer parts but not all nbrs will see it I know. If they send me food I just decline it. It's the thought that counts and they took the time to send one so in the end it's ok. I don't delete them either. I only delete nbrs who never ever tip/water etc back except for a few exceptions as they have let me know they r going to be too busy to play for a while.

pastrychef17
01-18-12, 09:27 AM
Actually motors and wiring are now usable for some of the new appliances at least for IOS, I'm not sure about Android.

Actually in Bakery, wiring has always been used (for Easy Oven and Marzipan Oven) but motors and nozzles still aren't. Someone sent me a motor this morning and I knew it wasn't being used but I accepted it anyway and also gifted a motor back, assuming that's what they wanted since that's what they sent. Since we got a teaser last week of an appliance that turned out not to be the sugar coater, it seems like there are still new appliances in the works so I just keep stockpiling parts even the ones not currently in use "just in case". But I only gift parts that are currently in use as I figure that's what my neighbors most need.

cupcakejill88
01-18-12, 09:42 AM
People shouldn't be angry for not getting what they want, especially since this is only a game. I have too many neighbors to keep track and what I usually do is if they gifted food, I gift food back and if they gave me materials, I give them materials. If they want something specific, they should just post it on my wall or send a material request. They could always decline my gifts if they don't like it, is not that hard. I would just delete the people who are giving you a hard time since they're not worth being your neighbors...

sourlicorice2
01-18-12, 10:41 AM
Actually in Bakery, wiring has always been used (for Easy Oven and Marzipan Oven) but motors and nozzles still aren't. Someone sent me a motor this morning and I knew it wasn't being used but I accepted it anyway and also gifted a motor back, assuming that's what they wanted since that's what they sent. Since we got a teaser last week of an appliance that turned out not to be the sugar coater, it seems like there are still new appliances in the works so I just keep stockpiling parts even the ones not currently in use "just in case". But I only gift parts that are currently in use as I figure that's what my neighbors most need.

My bad. Must have been thinking of restaurant. I know motors are needed for something. Must be restaurant.

bobbyrae
01-18-12, 11:00 AM
Question, do you think it is unfair to always gift low yielding food - say, cupcakes, for eg in restaurant when you receive parts or high yielding food gifts from neighbours? Especially when you do actually use those parts to build your machines? Do you delete a neighbour who does that or do you keep returning the low yielding gift ? I have such a neighbour and will usually give her what she gives me or sometimes will send a part, but she constantly sends those cupcakes. I wonder sometimes whether we are in a bad gift giving cycle, where she gives me what i give her and i give her what she gives me! Lol! :rolleyes:

Although i guess now that the gifts have been equalised there really are no "low yielding" gifts...:p

pinkster73
01-18-12, 11:30 AM
Question, do you think it is unfair to always gift low yielding food - say, cupcakes, for eg in restaurant when you receive parts or high yielding food gifts from neighbours? Especially when you do actually use those parts to build your machines? Do you delete a neighbour who does that or do you keep returning the low yielding gift ? I have such a neighbour and will usually give her what she gives me or sometimes will send a part, but she constantly sends those cupcakes. I wonder sometimes whether we are in a bad gift giving cycle, where she gives me what i give her and i give her what she gives me! Lol! :rolleyes:

Although i guess now that the gifts have been equalised there really are no "low yielding" gifts...:p

Somewhere out there she's wondering the same thing :p

pastrychef17
01-18-12, 11:39 AM

In that type of scenario, I just usually write on their wall to ask what they want for a gift and to request something specific so they don't gift me food. I used to have neighbors who would request the low-value cupcakes and I gift them that and ask for parts. For awhile that worked until they kept constantly forgetting and gifting me the cupcakes. I didn't want to keep nagging to ask for parts so I ended up deleting them. Don't know if that makes me a bad neighbor but I figured if they wanted to gift cupcakes, they're better off having someone else for a neighbor who could appreciate it better.

Although, gotta say, pinkster's reply made me laugh and I thought the same thing :).

nmishii
01-18-12, 11:55 AM

Last year I stopped caring what I got for gifts. I had too much food on my counters, and was out of things to build. So I told my neighbors to gift what ever was convenient for them. One person sent me valentines cupcakes everyday. I thought, "Is this what she thinks of me as a neighbor?" Then about a week later, she finished building and asked all her neighbors to send her valentines cupcakes. So some people gift what they like. A couple of weeks later TL removed the cupcakes off the gift list.

When I started building my first appliance, I went to the Materials Only add me list and added some neighbors. One person I tipped, gifted her a part, and told her what I was building and the parts I needed. She gifted me valentines cupcakes. I deleted her immediately.

pinkster73
01-18-12, 12:02 PM
Last year I stopped caring what I got for gifts. I had too much food on my counters, and was out of things to build. So I told my neighbors to gift what ever was convenient for them. One person sent me valentines cupcakes everyday. I thought, "Is this what she thinks of me as a neighbor?" Then about a week later, she finished building and asked all her neighbors to send her valentines cupcakes. So some people gift what they like. A couple of weeks later TL removed the cupcakes off the gift list.

When I started building my first appliance, I went to the Materials Only add me list and added some neighbors. One person I tipped, gifted her a part, and told her what I was building and the parts I needed. She gifted me valentines cupcakes. I deleted her immediately.

Ha ha someone missed the boat there

bobbyrae
01-18-12, 12:09 PM

Lol...i have so done that. Lol...

blanketsofluv
01-19-12, 12:03 AM
Im grateful to have daily players who tip and gift me regardless of what i receive theres some appauling manners from players demanding that you do as they expect, they should ask themselves if they would act so badly offline if a real friend gave them a gift. We all have a lot of nbrs to get thro and busy lives so gratitude and repect would not go amiss. I pride myself as a gd nbr and so should any of u that dont give any less ♡

pops1972
01-19-12, 12:28 AM
I'm giving up on sending gifts. Been working on that spread sheet all day. Terrible idea I'm not even a quarter of the way. With a pencil. Then I read don't you just hate when people by snowy owl and I wonder how many people I offended by posting on their wall. Or tipping the wrong tables. Why didn't I figure it out sooner. First I will gift the gifts they send me. Then gift the parts requested. And then no more gifts. Simple right?

S1zz
01-19-12, 01:22 AM
Pop's its taking me several hours ....yes hours to tip all my neighbours in BS and RS and post on their walls. Evennwith ? copy and pasted message....yes sorry I wish everyone ? great day but its copied. Omg did I just admit it.
It would turn this game into ? day job if I had to make ? list what to give to who. I'm just not doing that. That Will take all the fun out of this game.
As I said on your wall yesterday (earlier today for you) I accept all requests. i try to give back what I get or just send parts. Some prefer food and I try to remember.
If my neighbors see my way of gifting ? reason to delete me then so be it.
A gift is ? gift I am happy with everything I get. (Zsofi's)

S1zz
01-19-12, 01:23 AM
Stupid auto correct aarrrgggg

pops1972
01-19-12, 01:36 AM
Yes but right after we talked I got another food only neighbor. Then I read the post about don't you hate it when people.

S1zz
01-19-12, 01:40 AM
If ppl are rude and ungratefull for THE kind of gift they get from you they do not deserve ? gift at all or tips. Rude ppl get deleted. This is ? game not ? job.
I wouldnt get angry to ? friend irl for getting me the wrong present. Ppl think its ok online? Did they forget basic nettiquette?

cupcakes4cece
01-19-12, 01:51 AM
I have never run into rude or demanding neighbors. My neighbors leave messages on my wall if they want something in particular, and I try to read my wall before gifting (sometimes I forget). Other than that, I just gift the rest of my neighbors a random part. I have never stressed or lost sleep over gifting. Agree with everyone who said DELETE THEM if they get angry over gifts.

pastrychef17
01-19-12, 07:22 AM
The other thing to remember is it's also easy to misinterpret the written word. I see a lot of people saying their neighbors are "demanding" something when perhaps, to them, they're simply making a request. My neighbors post on my wall if they have a specific request and I leave it up so I know what to send them. I would hate for anyone to read my wall and think I have demanding neighbors - they're not, they're just making requests and I'm glad to know what to send them. Ironically the most demanding posts I've had written on my wall have been from non neighbors as more than a few have written "I tipped you, tip me back and add me". Those get deleted.

sourlicorice2
01-19-12, 08:55 AM
The other thing to remember is it's also easy to misinterpret the written word. I see a lot of people saying their neighbors are "demanding" something when perhaps, to them, they're simply making a request. My neighbors post on my wall if they have a specific request and I leave it up so I know what to send them. I would hate for anyone to read my wall and think I have demanding neighbors - they're not, they're just making requests and I'm glad to know what to send them. Ironically the most demanding posts I've had written on my wall have been from non neighbors as more than a few have written "I tipped you, tip me back and add me". Those get deleted.

Though I'm not adding nbrs now when I was I always deleted the ones who just said add me ID.... May be I'm old fashioned but I was raised to say Please when making a request and not a demand. I'm sure they didn't mean it that way but I still deleted the message anyways.

sourlicorice2
01-19-12, 08:58 AM
As for gifting I've requested parts (very politely to ;-) but still get food from a few nbrs but that's what the decline button is for. I don't delete nbrs if they don't send me what I want or get angry with them.

sunnybake
01-19-12, 09:14 AM
I've tended to be grateful for any gifts my neighbours have sent me. So I've accepted a combination of food and parts. It's always useful to have a stash of parts for when a new constructible is released (or if you suddenly feel like building another one of an existing constructible). And with the recent changes which have made it impossible (for me at least) to keep my counters stocked, I'm suddenly very grateful for my neighbours' food gifts!

Do people have any thoughts on what the best food gift is to give now with the new changes to the price of different foods? All the old "rules" don't seem right any more - eg stew is no longer the best gift in RS, cap no longer the best gift in BS?

pops1972
01-19-12, 09:29 AM
There seem to be a lot of different opinions about that. Every thing is 4 now so I think brownies.

pops1972
01-19-12, 09:42 AM
I don't know how to quote yet but what pastry chef said is correct. New to internet and text so didn't think of that. They all start to look angry after you get one angry one. Ill try not to be so sensitive. Gifting is still quite difficult though.

pastrychef17
01-19-12, 09:42 AM
Though I'm not adding nbrs now when I was I always deleted the ones who just said add me ID.... May be I'm old fashioned but I was raised to say Please when making a request and not a demand.

Yes, me too and my neighbors always say please and thank you in their posts (as do I). It's the "tip me back, add me" that rarely come with a please. I'm not adding neighbors so I wouldn't have added them anyway but the words would come across more nicely if phrased a bit differently. And don't get me started on the ones who use exclamation points when they tell me to tip back and add them :).

pinkster73
01-19-12, 09:47 AM
Yes, me too and my neighbors always say please and thank you in their posts (as do I). It's the "tip me back, add me" that rarely come with a please. I'm not adding neighbors so I wouldn't have added them anyway but the words would come across more nicely if phrased a bit differently. And don't get me started on the ones who use exclamation points when they tell me to tip back and add them :).

Sometimes its an English as a second language thing. I had to explain to my (French) husband that sometimes the way he speaks or posts seems rude or abrupt in English, even though its fine to him. So that could be part of it.

bobbyrae
01-19-12, 10:13 AM
I don't know how to quote yet but what pastry chef said is correct. New to internet and text so didn't think of that. They all start to look angry after you get one angry one. Ill try not to be so sensitive. Gifting is still quite difficult though.
I think when we are building appliances we all get frustrated when we do not get exactly what we want. But if we can just bear in mind that this really is only a game, we'll quickly lose that frustration.i have a neighbour in bakery who insists on sending me motors. I now have about 22 motors, just from that person. I accept these motors at the end of the day when i have already accepted all the other gifts i want. Or i delete them. I have posted on her wall that motors are not needed to build any appliance in bakery. Yet she continues to send them. So...i send her back motors now instead of any other part :) i also have neighbours who prefer to send out food as gifts no matter how many times i plead with them for parts. So now i send them all brownies :D Some have no idea about the change in the value of the gifts so i imagine they are fuming over that gift. Lol...

pika4ever88
01-19-12, 10:37 AM
I hope it's mentioned already, but people do have the option to declined gifts if they do not like what you're giving them. :>.

pika4ever88
01-19-12, 10:39 AM
And I will have to get into the habit of using please with my neighbor invite requests... ^^'. It's just so annoying to type that short and sweet is sometimes nice and has never crossed my mind that I wasn't being a polite as I could be... (Since I talk a lot when I respond to people's questions when they ask questions on my wall...)

pastrychef17
01-19-12, 10:56 AM
And I will have to get into the habit of using please with my neighbor invite requests... ^^'. It's just so annoying to type that short and sweet is sometimes nice and has never crossed my mind that I wasn't being a polite as I could be... (Since I talk a lot when I respond to people's questions when they ask questions on my wall...)

I wasn't specifically referring to only "add me" posts, sorry if that wasn't clear. I get a bunch of those too and I don't consider them rude or demanding (even though I do simply delete them). It was the "I tipped you so tip me back and add me" type of message that comes across as abrupt or "demanding" even if the poster didn't intend for it to be.

pops1972
01-19-12, 11:33 AM
Sending the wrong gifts feels a lot like wearing the wrong clothes in 6 grade.

sunnybake
01-19-12, 11:45 AM
Sending the wrong gifts feels a lot like wearing the wrong clothes in 6 grade.

:) I agree! I didn't know some gifts were more valuable than others until I started lurking on this forum. Before that I had just randomly sent people cupcakes or brownies or whatever caught my eye that day, without any idea that it might have been quite annoying to some of my poor neighbours!

syrenas
01-19-12, 04:10 PM
Same here. I know what gift more valuable than the other is from this forum.*

I ever posted on my neighbor wall, requested for specific part, and she replied that she want to send me something that she want to gift, not something that I requested.*
I don't delete her. I feel disappointed with the answer. But I still said that okay. Not everyone want to be bothered to remember the need and want of their neighbor.*
I just decline the gift sent by her and then send her back a gift that she sent me.*I have many neighbors who will fulfilled my request anyway.

Regarding wording I tipped u pls tip me back, I'm okay with that as maybe those visitor not mature enough, lol.

pastrychef17
01-19-12, 04:49 PM
I ever posted on my neighbor wall, requested for specific part, and she replied that she want to send me something that she want to gift, not something that I requested.*

Wow, I don't understand that neighbor. It costs nothing to send a gift and is the same effort to send the gift you ask for as the one she wanted to send. It would take less time for her to send you the gift you asked for than for her to write on your wall to tell you she's going to send you what she wants to send, not what you asked for, lol.

I feel very fortunate that none of my neighbors are like that.

syrenas
01-19-12, 06:12 PM
Well, maybe she has daily routine to send the same gift to all of her neighbors so she doesn't entertain specific request like me... I don't know, lol

pops1972
01-19-12, 06:28 PM
The gift them the thing they gift you is not going to work because I already told some people that I like parts. What if you only sent gifts when they post on your wall or request a part or if they sent you food send food back. Would that be offensive? Please help. Everything I've tried is taking too long and I can't spend that kind of time. I can only remember the ones that I got to know really well. Btw parts where I come from is motors not screws or paint.

dreamytreats
01-19-12, 06:34 PM
^I wouldn't worry too much about it

If I have a specific request, I'll honor it.. if I get no specific requests then I send everyone the same thing. I figure, if a neighbor doesn't like the gift I send then they can decline it. I usually send either some sort of part or capp (which apparently is no longer the most valuable gift)

pastrychef17
01-19-12, 06:44 PM
^I wouldn't worry too much about it

If I have a specific request, I'll honor it.. if I get no specific requests then I send everyone the same thing. I figure, if a neighbor doesn't like the gift I send then they can decline it.

Same here - like I said, I gift from the requests listed on my wall first then I check the walls of my neighbors who I already know for sure post what they want on their wall (although sometimes I'll miss a few) then for everyone else, I'll gift the same part, usually the one I need in the hopes they'll send it back to me, lol. If anyone is rude about it, just delete them. People can make requests but rudeness is unnecessary and you don't need rude people as neighbors.

pops1972
01-19-12, 06:48 PM
Okay that works for me.

badger8
01-19-12, 08:22 PM
Hi nbr Pops!
I also have a neighbor who got totally fed up with all of this nonsense. She sent out a note to everyone saying that she would be alternating food and parts every other day, hopefully making everyone happy eventually. It's not what I do, but it's another alternative. Honestly, there is no one right answer here. I agree with the other posters- we have a decline gift button for a reason. Most people keep many more than 20 neighbors so this REALLY should be a non-issue.
- Cafe Alex

SweetBGs
01-20-12, 06:15 AM
First of all, your neighbors leaving angry messages about gifts is kinda like a 7-year-old throwing a tantrum because he got the wrong Transformer from his aunt at Christmas. Ever see a kid act like that? It's annoying and embarrassing for everyone. Delete them immediately and find new neighbors. You can add me (SweetBGs). For the most part, I have great neighbors and I try to make them happy. I check my wall for requests, honor them, and then gift others what I want (alternating parts and food). If they don't like what I send, they can decline. If they decide they don't ever like my gifts, that's what the Edit button on the Neighbor screen is for.
I do have one neighbor who noted on her wall that she only wants parts. I try to remember, but honestly probably rarely do. I have lots of neighbors and it's hard to keep up. If she doesn't like my gifts, she can ditch me. This is a game. Do not put up with abuse!

1cathy
01-20-12, 08:37 AM
Just dont send browie pls, i had someone alresdy level over 90 still sending browie,
also i wish the hv a "send to all nbr" button

nmishii
01-20-12, 08:57 AM
With the price changes, you earn 800 coins for your brownie gifts and 200 coins for your cappuccino gifts.

SweetBGs
01-20-12, 09:11 AM
Just dont send browie pls, i had someone alresdy level over 90 still sending browie,

Can you tell me what's wrong with gifting brownies? It's free food to put on your counters that you don't have to pay for or use your time on ovens to make. I am a mid-level player and sometimes I have enough food gifts that I can take a nice break from baking for a bit and just serve my food gifts. I build all the new machines but still have a stockpile of parts (like motors & wiring) I may never need. It kinda bugs me that so many players are complaining about food gifts.

1cathy
01-20-12, 09:39 AM
Can you tell me what's wrong with gifting brownies? It's free food to put on your counters that you don't have to pay for or use your time on ovens to make. I am a mid-level player and sometimes I have enough food gifts that I can take a nice break from baking for a bit and just serve my food gifts. I build all the new machines but still have a stockpile of parts (like motors & wiring) I may never need. It kinda bugs me that so many players are complaining about food gifts.

because brownie only takes 1 min to bake, and if i'm out of food, i can wait 1min to make myself
Also, it has lowest $

Relatively, if u give cappuccino which needed 12hrs to make, then this gift save me 12 hours machine time and
It has relatively highest $

1cathy
01-20-12, 09:43 AM
With the price changes, you earn 800 coins for your brownie gifts and 200 coins for your cappuccino gifts.

Oh, i dont know this change, recently more focus on parts, thanks for your info

SweetBGs
01-20-12, 09:44 AM
because brownie only takes 1 min to bake, and if i'm out of food, i can wait 1min to make myself
Also, it has lowest $

Relatively, if u give cappuccino which needed 12hrs to make, then this gift save me 12 hours machine time and

Technically, they're all worth the same now that TL has changed all the food values to 4 (which reaaally

nmishii
01-20-12, 09:48 AM
Technically, they're all worth the same now that TL has changed all the food values to 4 (which reaaally

They all sell for 4 coins, but you get 200 brownies and 50 cappuccino, so you earn more overall with brownies.

SweetBGs
01-20-12, 09:49 AM
Also, it has lowest $

Technically, they're all worth the same now that TL has changed all the food values to 4 (which reaaally sucks). Point is, they are gifts. Your neighbors didn't have to send you anything at all. Accept it or don't, but I doubt you would complain to a real person if they gave you a gift you didn't prefer. If any of my neighbors complain to me on my wall about a gift I sent, they would be deleted immediately.

1cathy
01-20-12, 10:00 AM
Technically, they're all worth the same now that TL has changed all the food values to 4 (which reaaally sucks). Point is, they are gifts. Your neighbors didn't have to send you anything at all. Accept it or don't, but I doubt you would complain to a real person if they gave you a gift you didn't prefer. If any of my neighbors complain to me on my wall about a gift I sent, they would be deleted immediately.

Agreed, no need complaints, just dont "accept" the gifts that u dont like

sourlicorice2
01-20-12, 10:48 AM
I agree the decline button was made for a reason. Its silly to get angry over a gift u don't want. I'd delete for sure. I sometimes make requests but I also state in the request if it's not a hassle. If they can gift it great if it's too much trouble that's ok no worries :-)

syrenas
01-20-12, 06:47 PM
correct me if I'm wrong, brownies worth $3 not $4.

pinkster73
01-20-12, 07:13 PM
correct me if I'm wrong, brownies worth $3 not $4.

All are 4 now I believe

nmishii
01-20-12, 07:31 PM
Yes, brownies are 4 coins. Same with all the rest of the food.

savage_mel
01-20-12, 10:06 PM
I think some ppl take the whole gifting thing a little too seriously. If someone posts on my wall that they would like a specific item then I will gladly send it to them. But other than that, the way I send gifts is just to return whatever was sent to me. I dont have time to get all my neighbors tipped everyday AND look on all their walls to see if they want special items. Its just a game, its supposed to be fun

pinkbarbie123
01-20-12, 11:18 PM
Seriously, I can't believe a few things on here:
1 that anyone would take the time to develop a spreadsheet of what there neighbors want as gifts
2 that anyone would think or expect me to read all of neighbors walls for what they want
3 that grown adults tattletale
4 that you get mad bc someone sent you a stew over a screw or vice versa.

Get a life people! It's a gift. I gladly send gifts to my neighbors but I do different things. I am grateful with whatever someone sends me. If someone thinks it's rude that I sent them something they didn't want and they think I'm doing it to be rude then they are full of themselves thinking I care that much about an app that I'm reading everyone's wall. I barely ever even look at my wall. Im not one of those that complain about what there neighbors do or not do. I don't care. Some people get bent out of shape if you don't tip them everyday and now it's if you don't gift them what they want. Please!

sourlicorice2
01-20-12, 11:52 PM
1 that anyone would take the time to develop a spreadsheet of what there neighbors want as gifts
2 that anyone would think or expect me to read all of neighbors walls for what they want

Get a life people! It's a gift. I gladly send gifts to my neighbors but I do different things. I am grateful with whatever someone sends me. If someone thinks it's rude that I sent them something they didn't want and they think I'm doing it to be rude then they are full of themselves thinking I care that much about an app that I'm reading everyone's wall. I barely ever even look at my wall. Im not one of those that complain about what there neighbors do or not do. I don't care. Some people get bent out of shape if you don't tip them everyday and now it's if you don't gift them what they want. Please!

I agree with some of what you said though I may have been more polite about and not tell people to get a life. Manners and politeness speak a lot about yourself. If people choose to make a spreadsheet I see nothing wrong with that. I keep notes myself in a small notepad. However if a nbr got mad if I sent them the wrong gift I would delete them. Its nice to get the gift I want but if I don't I don't get bent out of shape over it. It's a game and sometimes even I find it a hassle to send different gifts to different nbrs which is why when I make a request I put if its not too much hassle. I'm not bothered if I don't get what I want. I simply decline the ones I don't want and accept the ones I want.

pchaneats
01-21-12, 01:27 AM
Its wonderful to see people r so different n most of all we should all b enjoying the game our way.... Otherwise why do/should we bother? I'm amazed n in awe some r so organized, some so passionate, some warm, some sweet, and some so funny! I used to get upset getting brownies ;-) not any more! now I just decline the gift I wasn't ready for at the time n wait for next one... We only get 20 gifts a day max.... But then the gifting system changed and tweaked a few times...LOL part of the TL tricks to help us or keep us on our toes!

sourlicorice2
01-21-12, 02:40 AM
Its wonderful to see people r so different n most of all we should all b enjoying the game our way.... Otherwise why do/should we bother? I'm amazed n in awe some r so organized, some so passionate, some warm, some sweet, and some so funny! I used to get upset getting brownies ;-) not any more! now I just decline the gift I wasn't ready for at the time n wait for next one... We only get 20 gifts a day max.... But then the gifting system changed and tweaked a few times...LOL part of the TL tricks to help us or keep us on our toes!

I couldn't agree with you more :-) People should play their way of course but be respectful of others at the same time. Definetly getting mad at someone for sending the gift they didn't want is not acceptable in my opinion. If its too much hassle sending a preferred gift to a nbr and it makes the game less enjoyable for you then send what is easiest. If nbrs get mad there are other nbrs who will appreciate whatever you take the time to send them.

mmmmmatt
01-22-12, 01:47 AM

Joke's on you, brownie is now apparently the most valuable gift :)

barleycoon
01-22-12, 02:03 AM
I couldn't agree with you more :-) People should play their way of course but be respectful of others at the same time. Definetly getting mad at someone for sending the gift they didn't want is not acceptable in my opinion. If its too much hassle sending a preferred gift to a nbr and it makes the game less enjoyable for you then send what is easiest. If nbrs get mad there are other nbrs who will appreciate whatever you take the time to send them.
I completely agree too, too many players get really mad if you send food if they want parts. It is very rude, I'm so grateful for any gift I'm sent

Bogiefurret
01-22-12, 11:45 AM
I have been playing a little over 6 months. I'm at level 90 in BS and really love playing. I have great neighbors and don't care about what gift I get. I really appreciate the thought and time. I use a notebook to keep track of parts to gift. I check my wall before I tip to see if the part they need. My neighbors are good at leaving part request. I am on android so I like when they leave a message. Sorry that u got angry messages on ur wall. Your neighbors should appreciate that u took the time to gift them. Use the system that works for u and if they don't like it. Delete them there are plenty of neighbors out there that would love to have you as a neighbor.

JJKov
01-23-12, 12:21 AM
I used to get upset about it - but then I took a chill pill; prior to getting angry thank goodness. I have read neighbours upset and angry messages and it just makes me sad for them. A gift is a gift - I was taught never to look a gift horse in the mouth - now I just recall that and leave it at grateful:-)

barleycoon
01-23-12, 12:27 AM
Thank you both so much, it means a lot. I know players get frustrated when they want certain parts, I try my best and that's all I can really do. I try to keep a list of which nbrs only ever want parts for gifts.

acrecce
01-23-12, 01:59 AM
Thank you both so much, it means a lot. I know players get frustrated when they want certain parts, I try my best and that's all I can really do. I try to keep a list of which nbrs only ever want parts for gifts.

I do the same with a list. Recently had a nbr litterally freak out cos i dared to put a request to all NEW nbrs wanting to invite me to please only do so if theyre willing to gift food. I said "please" and also only "new" nbrs. The existing ones i wrote a msg on each ones wall stating that i would prefer (not demand) food items as gifts as im a new player and need the food. I also added theyre welcome to come post their preference on my wall so i can send them what they would rther want.

1 Curent nbr flipped out with a "well now then Ill delete you roght away, and you should be gratefull youre receiving ANY gifts at all" Shhesh very touchy people out there

sourlicorice2
01-23-12, 07:41 AM
I do the same with a list. Recently had a nbr litterally freak out cos i dared to put a request to all NEW nbrs wanting to invite me to please only do so if theyre willing to gift food. I said "please" and also only "new" nbrs. The existing ones i wrote a msg on each ones wall stating that i would prefer (not demand) food items as gifts as im a new player and need the food. I also added theyre welcome to come post their preference on my wall so i can send them what they would rther want.

1 Curent nbr flipped out with a "well now then Ill delete you roght away, and you should be gratefull youre receiving ANY gifts at all" Shhesh very touchy people out there

That was also unacceptable behaviour on your nbrs part. I see nothing wrong posting on nbrs walls what u prefer if it's done politely. I always post 'if its not too much hassle' or 'if u can' etc. if its too much hassle for them that's fine I don't mind if they'd rather send whatever is easiest for them. It's a game to have fun playing. When something becomes a hassle to do it zaps the fun. I think everyone should follow these basic rules for gifting:

1. Don't freak out if u don't get the gift u want. Simply decline it and move on.
2. If u want to request a specific gift then do so politely. Don't demand.
3. If your nbr finds it too much of a hassle to send what u requested on their wall then relax and don't freak out on them. Simply Decline it when they send it and move on.
4. If a nbr requests a specific gift from u and does so politely and doesn't demand and you find it too much of a hassle to send specific requests don't freak out. Simply tell them politely that it's too much hassle for u and if your nbr freaks out over it then delete them as a nbr.

bobbyrae
01-23-12, 08:01 AM

Lol...lol...poor thing. She's probably really stressed out in her real life and taking it out in her virtual one. Lol... I'm sure you were grateful that she deleted you! Lol..

pops1972
01-23-12, 08:23 AM
While I was busy trying to be a good neighbor and marking everyone's wishes in a notebook, my son was crushing his fingers in a step ladder. I think I only want a couple of neighbors rather than a city full of neighbors. Good game. Just want to keep it simple.

ariesblu
02-07-12, 07:07 PM
While I was busy trying to be a good neighbor and marking everyone's wishes in a notebook, my son was crushing his fingers in a step ladder. I think I only want a couple of neighbors rather than a city full of neighbors. Good game. Just want to keep it simple.
Which is why I started to keep track of who actually gives what. I have a lot of games that I play and had tons of neighbors, but desperately needed to downsize to actually enjoy the game.

pinkster73
02-07-12, 07:16 PM
Which is why I started to keep track of who actually gives what. I have a lot of games that I play and had tons of neighbors, but desperately needed to downsize to actually enjoy the game.

Tee hee I downsized too. It was nothing personal ariesblu :p. I truly like you :)

cappa8
02-07-12, 09:22 PM
I really appreciate all my neighbors. I have spent many hours trying to meet all requests. I send gifts every day and try numerous times a day for those with whom I have not succeeded in earlier attempts to gift. During the week to tip is getting much harder for me. I work and have a family. For someone to get mad is unacceptable behavior. TL is great at helping you if you have a problem with other players. Just send them an email.

I personally have made a commitment to a player when I say I will be their neighbor and to help them achieve their quests. If they feel I am not reaching their expectations or vice versa then by all means delete me. For I will do the same. I hope to that person they find someone who can help them more.

This is a game. I want to help keep it fun and relaxing. Most of the time it's relaxing, unless my requests don't come quick enough for me. LOL

samiwami316
02-07-12, 09:27 PM
If someone got angry with me for gifting them something, I would just delete them. It is a game, it is supposed to be fun.

samiwami316
02-07-12, 09:37 PM

OMGosh, I now know exactly what you are talking about! Someone wrote on my will "TIP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !" With seriously like 100 exclamation marks. It wasn't a neighbor, just some random player. Well, I didn't tip them, LOL!

bunny_foo
02-08-12, 09:02 AM
I wait until the end of the day to gift. That way if someone wants a specific part, they can request it on my wall. At the end of the day, I just gift neighbors different parts. I do my best but sometimes neighbors are maxed out and I don't remember to go back. And then sometimes I just tap the wrong gift.

I usually post my parts requests to my own wall and to my neighbors as well but I understand that they're just requests. I figure all parts eventually get used so it's not a big deal for me.

uljasha
02-10-12, 10:33 AM
When i have free time, i gift user back the same gift he made for me. If i don,t, i gift randomly. And i don,t bother. If nbr wants to remove me, he is free to do it. Any case, i have more nbrs, than i can support properly.

uljasha
02-10-12, 10:37 AM
Sometimes i gift food to newbies and parts to high level players , from 40 level and higher. Because i know that new players prefer food, but ,veterans, have a tons of food ))
Personally, i prefer parts. But accept all of gifts.

uljasha
02-10-12, 10:40 AM

Yeah))) you are absolutely right. It is the most ridicoulos thing in that game to get worried about gifts and to be confused about gifts

pops1972
02-10-12, 12:31 PM
I'm not a doctor. Just a mom. But I noticed that when I was feeling worried, I started worrying in my game. If I was frustrated then I would get frustrated in my game. Now the shoe is on the other foot. Blah. I wish that I had more of them parts. I'll refrain from leaving messages except tyb x6 for a while.

bittsville
02-19-12, 08:05 PM
It's unreasonable if you have many neighbors to keep track of who wants what. If people need a specific part for a short while, they can post it on my wall, but other than that, I gift equally or I'd be driven mad. It's easy enough to reject food if you want parts and vice versa. If you collect several neighbors, you'll get more gifts than you can use anyhow so for people to be demanding just means they don't know how to play the game. Delete them indeed!

sknitter
02-20-12, 02:15 PM
I'm with pinkster73. This is really just a game and sometimes it is good to take a breath and try to remember that. If someone leaves me an angry message, i would delete them immediately.

bobbyrae
02-20-12, 02:47 PM
It's unreasonable if you have many neighbors to keep track of who wants what. If people need a specific part for a short while, they can post it on my wall, but other than that, I gift equally or I'd be driven mad. It's easy enough to reject food if you want parts and vice versa. If you collect several neighbors, you'll get more gifts than you can use anyhow so for people to be demanding just means they don't know how to play the game. Delete them indeed!

Oh bah humbug...lol...i just got frustrated this morning and deleted three neighbours who kept gifting me cappuccino. I'm up to my eyeballs in food, haven't cooked anything all weekend and my counters are still all choc full and overflowing. If you were the neighbours i deleted, please accept my sincere apology :p but i just couldn't take it anymore. :)
And yet, i could have accepted the cap, left it all in my inventory for some rainy day which may never come.

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-20-12, 03:38 PM
Someone left angry msgs because you didn't leave the gift they wanted? Wow. If I need a part for a constructible I will send a request when building. As for gifts...IDC what my friends send me. As long as they send something. Sometimes I put I need something on my wall but if ppl send something else IDC and accept it and would never jump them for it. If someone left a angry msg I'd either fire back or just delete them. lol. Like I said before some ppl take these games too seriously. I'd never yell at somebody because they gifted me. Always thankful for any gifts :)

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-20-12, 03:43 PM
You can do that???

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-20-12, 03:49 PM
Question, do you think it is unfair to always gift low yielding food - say, cupcakes, for eg in restaurant when you receive parts or high yielding food gifts from neighbours? Especially when you do actually use those parts to build your machines? Do you delete a neighbour who does that or do you keep returning the low yielding gift ? I have such a neighbour and will usually give her what she gives me or sometimes will send a part, but she constantly sends those cupcakes. I wonder sometimes whether we are in a bad gift giving cycle, where she gives me what i give her and i
give her what she gives me! Lol! :rolleyes:

I honestly don't know how much each foods yield. I use to gift the 200 brownies because it was 200 instead of the something that only had 50. I thought I was doing good. When I first started playing I had trouble keeping enough food cooked so I was trying to be helpful. :)

sourlicorice2
02-20-12, 03:53 PM
You can do that???

Nope boxes cant be stored.

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-20-12, 03:59 PM
I have apx 100 neighbors in bs and rs so I usually send the same thing to everyone. Mostly parts. If somebody asks for something specific I try to do that. But I have a lot going on including serious illness in my family so I don't always have a lot of time :(. I try to be a good neighbor and don't yell at people but if somebody deletes me then they just do. I have tons of neighbors and probably wouldn't notice unless it's one of the ones I talk to everyday...like sourlicorice but since I banned her in the banning game thread she might not like me no more lol. :)

SmokeyMtnGirl
02-20-12, 04:00 PM
Nope boxes cant be stored.

I didn't think so. I thought I had tried that and lost my parts. You also can't store counters with food on them. Ask me how I know??? lol

lyer1
02-20-12, 04:07 PM
Another option is the alternatiing method; You post on all your neighbors walls that you will alternate cappuccino and parts every other day, and they may accept or decline as needed. I used to employ this method with great success and would post a reminder note on my wall everyday as a reminder, such as: 02/20/2012: Gift O' the Day is Parts (or Cap) of my choice-Accept or decline as needed...

nmishii
02-20-12, 04:10 PM
I didn't think so. I thought I had tried that and lost my parts. You also can't store counters with food on them. Ask me how I know??? lol

I think what was meant by the statement, "Also some people store their boxes so you can't see them." is that some people hid their constructable boxes on their floor behind another decoration so they wouldn't be visible unless the decoration was moved. The person would just move the decoration to manage the constructable. I've done this on Farm Story.

queentina3
02-20-12, 04:30 PM
I've done that as well nmishii, on BS. I sometimes have counters of food that are high, like the cakes, and just put the boxes behind them this way they are out of sight, but never out of mind. lol

gailelizbeth1
02-20-12, 04:59 PM
ditto all the way. i am at lvl 96. i have enough food n drink to last a really long time. i tell every1 send materials. they dont all listen. thats ok tho. i decline what i dont want and lv mssg's on their walls as to what i need. lol for all the good it does. i also visit newb's to c if they can bennifit more from food,drink or if they r buildng. i also send parts i need in the hopes my nghbrs will snd them back. not everyone plays nice. just enjoy the game and delete the stuff on u'r wall that upsets u. pay no mind to those who dont play nice.

sourlicorice2
02-21-12, 04:47 AM
I have apx 100 neighbors in bs and rs so I usually send the same thing to everyone. Mostly parts. If somebody asks for something specific I try to do that. But I have a lot going on including serious illness in my family so I don't always have a lot of time :(. I try to be a good neighbor and don't yell at people but if somebody deletes me then they just do. I have tons of neighbors and probably wouldn't notice unless it's one of the ones I talk to everyday...like sourlicorice but since I banned her in the banning game thread she might not like me no more lol. :)

You are a good nbr by the way. I know you don't always have time to post, tip, send specific gifts (i dont care what my nbrs send me anymore. Whatever they want to is fine.) but that's not all that makes a good nbr. I like chatting with some of my nbrs and I've made quite a few friends from the games (a couple I'm even Facebook friends with now).

Anyways I wouldn't delete you. I like being your nbr that being said no worries about banning me. I'll get even on it sooner or later :p

littleflower23
02-24-12, 08:56 PM
I don't particularly care about what gift I get sent. I will accept any and all gifts. I am lucky in that I have only one neighbor who wants a specific item for their gift, so I just send my regular gift to my other neighbors and come back in and gift this neighbor the requested item.

That would be kind of difficult if you had a lot of neighbors who all wanted different items, but I think that is kind of rude to say "I only want this item". Part of the fun of Bakery Story is that you never know what all you will receive as gifts when you start becoming neighbors with other players.

TimeForACuppaTea
02-24-12, 09:30 PM
I've been trying to figure out the trick to all this maddening gifting myself. I've come up with a system that works well for me.

I ONLY add people who gift/want the same things I do. I want parts in both Restaurant and Bakery. So I only add nbrs who also want and send parts. That's half the battle right there in my opinion.

Next I don't care what part I get, I'll take whatever they send. I've told all my nbrs to send me the part that they want/need. Then when I gift them I just gift back the last gift they sent me. Quite a few people want/send the same item so it's not too hard to do and all my nbrs are happy. I usually gift shortly after day change and gift all my nbrs at the same time. I've got roughly 40 nbrs in each game and usually takes me only 3-4 minutes to get everyone gifted.

Hope this helps someone.

lemonycc
02-25-12, 02:01 PM
Haha this reminds me when someone yelled at me on my wall for sending them something they didn't want. Not going to let something like that bother me when it's just a game.

Unfortunately some people don't understand it's bothersome and time consuming to read every single wall to find out what people are requesting. Unless it's a request which is easy to remember, like only parts/food, then I just give everyone the same thing.

kapow78
02-26-12, 08:05 AM

I like that BS calls this "gifting". As such, players should be appreciative, even if the gift isn't what they're asking for. My neighbors are all lovely. It's true that you can decline if you rcv a gift you didn't want, but I always accept. I'm stockpiling food gifts for when I need to fill tables - like an emergency stash. Then for the parts, I gladly accept every gift sent to me - lately, every appliance I choose to build is fulfilled immediately. Thank you generous neighbors!!!

sourlicorice2
02-26-12, 08:20 AM
I don't care myself what I get. I accept everything on BS, RS and fashion. On farm I accept dog bowls and decline everything else but I don't post on the nbrs walls who send me trees or cows etc to send dog bowls. It doesn't matter if they keep sending trees or cows. That's what the decline button is for and it's only a game anyways.

quentinsmommy
02-26-12, 04:26 PM
I don't care myself what I get. I accept everything on BS, RS and fashion. On farm I accept dog bowls and decline everything else but I don't post on the nbrs walls who send me trees or cows etc to send dog bowls. It doesn't matter if they keep sending trees or cows. That's what the decline button is for and it's only a game anyways.

Exactly the same for me! :) On all other stories, I accept everything, but dog bowls only on Farm. I have one neighbor who keeps sending me orange trees, but I just decline them. No biggie.

kooky panda
02-26-12, 05:31 PM
Exactly the same for me! :) On all other stories, I accept everything, but dog bowls only on Farm. I have one neighbor who keeps sending me orange trees, but I just decline them. No biggie.
you are lucky I keep getting the chicken from one of my nbrs. lol

pinkster73
02-26-12, 05:36 PM
you are lucky I keep getting the chicken from one of my nbrs. lol

Is it farmerrobbo? He keeps sending me stuff like that so I gifted him back a wooden crate tee hee :)

Ps hi farmerrobbo :)

kooky panda
02-26-12, 06:08 PM
Is it farmerrobbo? He keeps sending me stuff like that so I gifted him back a wooden crate tee hee :)

Ps hi farmerrobbo :)

no not him!! But I do gift back that nbr the chicken. It is not even the white one, it is the brown chicken.

queentina3
02-26-12, 06:14 PM
LOL, one of my neighbors WANTS me to send animals and any deco instead of dog bowls. :p

viviansmo
02-26-12, 07:07 PM
I don't actually want any gifts but I just go ahead and accept everything... it just sits in my inventory and doesn't bother me in the least bit anyway. And all those fruit trees came in handy when I went to master them. I did manage to sell off about 150 dog bowls the other day so I have less than a 1000 now. ;)

pops1972
02-26-12, 07:15 PM
Is it true that welcome mats serve no purpose? Because that one worried me. My son and I were absolutely thrilled every time we got a chicken. We were disappointed every time we got another dog bowl. We wondered why all the dog bowls? Ha ha

queentina3
02-26-12, 07:17 PM
Is it true that welcome mats serve no purpose? Because that one worried me. My son and I were absolutely thrilled every time we got a chicken. We were disappointed every time we got another dog bowl. We wondered why all the dog bowls? Ha ha

Yes, they serve no purpose at this point. LOL on the dog bowls. I'm begging for them as I need the cash to expand again. hahahaha

queentina3
02-26-12, 07:20 PM
I don't actually want any gifts but I just go ahead and accept everything... it just sits in my inventory and doesn't bother me in the least bit anyway. And all those fruit trees came in handy when I went to master them. I did manage to sell off about 150 dog bowls the other day so I have less than a 1000 now. ;)

ROFL, I know you don't want anything but you won't leave my news feed if I DON'T send you anything. I still have one neighbor in RS that is there everyday, all day, with 2 entries and it drives me batty! There isn't anything more I can do to get rid of them. I've tipped and gifted them and they come back with not only the entry from 2 days ago, but the one from yesterday as well. The only entry that leaves is the current day entry. :(

bobbyrae
02-26-12, 07:41 PM
no not him!! But I do gift back that nbr the chicken. It is not even the white one, it is the brown chicken.
I had a neighbour in bakery that only sent me brownies. I always sent brownies in return. One day in a fit of frustration i decided to send her a chocolate cake instead. Well...low & behold she returned the chocolate cake. So i sent a hot chocolate the next day and cappuccino the next. She returned to me whatever i sent her. She won't return parts though. Apparently, unknown to me, after her initial brownie gift which started the whole thing she was just returning whatever i sent to her. Lol.

bobbyrae
02-26-12, 07:44 PM
Yes, they serve no purpose at this point. LOL on the dog bowls. I'm begging for them as I need the cash to expand again. hahahaha

Well i was building tool sheds so I could level up. Finally got to level 35 this afternoon (yay!) so now i don't really care what i get. One neighbour sends me topiaries every day. I have no idea what to do with them. Another neighbour sends me apple trees, which i've already mastered. I don't have the heart to tell him, but I decline that one. Such a waste, though. :(

pastrychef17
02-27-12, 10:07 AM
I just started playing Farm a couple of days ago and I have no clue what's a good gift or not. I have less than 20 neighbors right now so I accept everything and figure I'll deal with the gifts in inventory later. I did start on the goals, knowing in all probability I won't finish them before they're pulled but it doesn't matter since I'll just do what I can and I haven't mastered anything yet but have to plant something so might as well plant whatever the goals say to do. It's sometimes hard to figure out "what do do" and I've read the FS threads but I figure I had no clue what was going on in Bakery and RS at first either but I managed just fine so I can figure out Farm too.

bobbyrae, that's funny about your neighbor. I have a few neighbors who gift back whatever I send and they've been really handy when I need a specific part :).

sup4mo
02-29-12, 07:38 AM
Glad to read this, I have a question about why is it that in my pending gifts I keep seeing gifts that are 2 days old everyday. I clear all of the gifts out the old & the new everyday, the next morning there they are again along with the new. So how do I get around this? When this happens as the day goes on when I do get a gift, the message unable to send gifts.... Pops up? So should I just leave the old ones in hopes that they will disappear eventually? This just bothers me to see them there.
I too am a newbie to FS got bored with the others as there are no goals, and wondered what was the doggie bowls for? Lastly in my news feed I let my nbr's know up front I gift what you send unless & until you say otherwise, so far so good I guess!!!

pinkster73
02-29-12, 10:27 AM
Glad to read this, I have a question about why is it that in my pending gifts I keep seeing gifts that are 2 days old everyday. I clear all of the gifts out the old & the new everyday, the next morning there they are again along with the new. So how do I get around this? When this happens as the day goes on when I do get a gift, the message unable to send gifts.... Pops up? So should I just leave the old ones in hopes that they will disappear eventually? This just bothers me to see them there.
I too am a newbie to FS got bored with the others as there are no goals, and wondered what was the doggie bowls for? Lastly in my news feed I let my nbr's know up front I gift what you send unless & until you say otherwise, so far so good I guess!!!

There's nothing you can do about the gifts/non gifts stuck for days. They're driving us all nuts.

sup4mo
02-29-12, 10:32 AM
Ok sorta good to know I'm not solo with this. ��

JohnnieBravo
02-29-12, 12:07 PM
So glad I found this thread. You guys are making me feel a lot better. I have way too many neighbors in RS right now and the gifting situation was stressing me out. I'm definitely not going to worry about it anymore. If anyone gets mad at me they can just delete me, no harm no foul. I need to downsize anyway! lol

bobbyrae
02-29-12, 01:02 PM
Ok sorta good to know I'm not solo with this. ��

Oh you're never alone my dear with TL issues, lol.:rolleyes:

pops1972
02-29-12, 01:48 PM
I've found another way to accommodate my good neighbors. You can accept a few gifts at a time. That way your neighbors that are trying to meet your needs won't keep getting an "oh darn". Oh darns are a pain when your bending over backwards!

nmishii
02-29-12, 01:54 PM
I've found another way to accommodate my good neighbors. You can accept a few gifts at a time. That way your neighbors that are trying to meet your needs won't keep getting an "oh darn". Oh darns are a pain when your bending over backwards!

If you have 20 gifts in your queue and accept a few, your neighbors will still get the oh darn message. You need to decline gifts so that there is not 20 accepted + queued gifts for your neighbors to be able to send you a gift after you received 20. I do this. You run the risk of not getting 20 gifts by the end of the day, which happened to me once on one game. It used to be work better when gifts fell of the list.

pops1972
02-29-12, 01:58 PM
If you have 20 gifts in your queue and accept a few, your neighbors will still get the oh darn message. You need to decline gifts so that there is not 20 accepted + queued gifts for your neighbors to be able to send you a gift after you received 20. I do this. You run the risk of not getting 20 gifts by the end of the day, which happened to me once on one game. It used to be work better when gifts fell of the list.
Good to know, thank you.

sup4mo
02-29-12, 07:26 PM
I know that this has been asked and answered somewhere on the forum, but can't seem to find it anywhere. My question is can android players get cooking machines? I mean like all the ones we have to build(I.e, ice cream maker, the new b-b-que pit) like this? I'm trying to compose my list if IOS and Android nbr's in preparation for our next set of goals. I did not do this the last time & many of my request went unanswered, so with this information I will know whom to send request to. Simplified, can they make all the cooking products like IOS?

queentina3
02-29-12, 07:51 PM
I know that this has been asked and answered somewhere on the forum, but can't seem to find it anywhere. My question is can android players get cooking machines? I mean like all the ones we have to build(I.e, ice cream maker, the new b-b-que pit) like this? I'm trying to compose my list if IOS and Android nbr's in preparation for our next set of goals. I did not do this the last time & many of my request went unanswered, so with this information I will know whom to send request to. Simplified, can they make all the cooking products like IOS?

Yes, Android can make those appliances and see your requests for them, they just can't see/answer your goal requests.

nmishii
02-29-12, 07:52 PM
Androids can build every appliance to date that iOS can. Androids can request and accept any part requests - gear, paint, knob, screw, fuse, wiring, nozzle, metal sheet, motors, springs.

Androids cannot request or accept requests from goals, such as sugar.

Androids have less recipes than iOS - any recipe unlocked by goals or needed to complete a goal and not released as weekly content are not available to Androids. This includes, but is not limited to, recipes such as Chocolate Pineapple and Molten Lava Cake.

sup4mo
02-29-12, 08:23 PM
Ok thank you both for your answers, this gives me a better idea of how I request for the goals.

bagelprincess7
02-29-12, 08:53 PM
I just don't ever look at my wall so as far as I know, everyone is happy with their gifts :P