PDA

View Full Version : Quests that allow you to collect gems

tatertotbug7199
01-17-12, 12:35 PM
There are some quests that allow you to collect gems without paying. First, though, I advise that anyone starting this game saves as many gems as possible from the very start. Quests will need you to spend gems to obtain animals.

So, throughout the first few levels, you should receive the opportunity to receive 2-3 gems for completing a quest. SAVE THESE GEMS! From those levels to Level 20, I never received any quests which rewarded gems. However, do not spend real money buying gems, even though the temptation is strong (I almost did it myself).

Once on Level 20, you should receive a quest which you have to a) buy a for sale sign, b) obtain 10 five-star ratings, and c) have 20 neighbors. This quest awards you 5 gems on completion, which I just added to my fund and bought a St. Bernard. :)

I'm on Level 20 now, so I don't know about any quests past Level 20. If anyone else does, please post! Thanks!

barleycoon
01-17-12, 12:46 PM
I'm afraid I had too buy gems, some of the pets are adorable. It is nice we have a range of gem prices for the animals, however I feel the Border collies do cost a lot to purchase especially for the whole family. I'm hopeful we might get more goals/options to collect some more free gems. Thank you for sharing information about the goal to it will really help players.

sourlicorice2
01-17-12, 04:31 PM
It's nice to get some free gems but I'll never spend money on it. Some of the animals which I haven't unlocked yet I have heard cost way too many gems. I'll enjoy the game for free instead of paying for gems.

Jonezy93
01-17-12, 06:14 PM
I'm on level 25 and that is the only one I've seen so far. If there are others they may require spending gems to see, such as the goals where you have to buy a gem pet to complete. I've asked others who say there are more, but they haven't said where yet. Would be nice to know it's possible before I quit. I've spent my last gems, and since losing half of what I had after an update, I'm not willing to buy more yet. Really doubt I ever will, so I'll go as far as I can with what I have, then close up shop. If you find any, please let me know.

tatertotbug7199
01-18-12, 02:12 PM
I definately will. Today, I just got to level 21 and there aren't any gem quests yet. I'll keep you posted, though! :)

tatertotbug7199
01-21-12, 05:04 PM
No gem quests yet and I'm on Level 22...really wish they'd come out with more... :D

shelley1611
01-31-12, 05:40 AM
I agree with barleycoon! The border collies are nothing but extortionate! I'm really losing interest in this game now because it is ridiculous of them to expect us to pay that much for an online game! To complete the family costs a fortune. Team lava really need to look at this! :(

usamissattitude
02-01-12, 02:35 PM
I agree with barleycoon! The border collies are nothing but extortionate! I'm really losing interest in this game now because it is ridiculous of them to expect us to pay that much for an online game! To complete the family costs a fortune. Team lava really need to look at this! :(

I agree with you!! I'm starting to lose interest in this game as well!! Every time I go to buy gems nothing but a blank screen pops up. SINCE TL WANTS TO CHARGE US TO BUY GEMS YOU THINK THEY WOULD FIX THAT ASAP!! NOPE... I BEEN DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM FOR WEEKS NOW & STILL NO CHANGE!! I BOUGHT ALL THE COIN ANIMALS I COULD!! NOW I'M STUCK ON LEVEL 25 & CAN'T BUY NO GEM ANIMALS!! THIS IS GETTING OLD!!

DaojinWildfire
02-01-12, 05:53 PM
I agree with you!! I'm starting to lose interest in this game as well!! Every time I go to buy gems nothing but a blank screen pops up. SINCE TL WANTS TO CHARGE US TO BUY GEMS YOU THINK THEY WOULD FIX THAT ASAP!! NOPE... I BEEN DEALING WITH THIS PROBLEM FOR WEEKS NOW & STILL NO CHANGE!! I BOUGHT ALL THE COIN ANIMALS I COULD!! NOW I'M STUCK ON LEVEL 25 & CAN'T BUY NO GEM ANIMALS!! THIS IS GETTING OLD!!
Did you already take a look at this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20569-Possible-Fix-for-Blank-Purchase-Screen-on-iOS-devices)?

usamissattitude
02-02-12, 12:38 PM
Did you already take a look at this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20569-Possible-Fix-for-Blank-Purchase-Screen-on-iOS-devices)?

I have but I would have to restore my phone to the factor settings & I'm not to crazy about that idea!! I spoke to a lot of people & I've heard there's chances of me losing data on my device!! No game is worth losing family photos or videos etc.!! I don't understand why they just dong fix this problem!! Or at least give us nothing but goals that we can earn gems once we complete them!!

Marigloup
03-26-12, 09:35 AM
comparing to all food games, the animal games (zoo & pet Shop) are not offering as many Gems... maybe the cut factor plays a r?le in TL d?cision ? too bad, I'm gonna delete games because I can't really enjoy playing ? "Free" game when it keeps teasing me in buying Gems... dommage chers voisins je me retire!

faerie0707
03-30-12, 11:53 AM
comparing to all food games, the animal games (zoo & pet Shop) are not offering as many Gems.. I'm gonna delete games because I can't really enjoy playing ?

I agree. If I'm going to spend time playing a game, I don't want to waste (estimate) $20+ on a fictional cat family. Just saying.