PDA

View Full Version : Watered your farm! Message

Unregistered
06-08-10, 02:24 PM
I see that when some people water there is a message that appears automatically "watered your farm!". And then they post another message that they watered. How do you get the auto message to work and how come people don't know are generating two messages? Fills up my profile page and makes it hard to get back to everyone because it only holds 20 messages.

BlueSheep
06-08-10, 04:08 PM
The comment message "___watered" is automatically posted to your profile for the last 5 people, only you can see those comments and no one else can, the magority of users are unaware of this, so they leave a real comment, however others know of this but still comment to make sure their friends/neighbours etc. know they have been watered by them and are not overlooked (e.g. if 8 people water your farm, the game displays messages of only the last 5, so the first 3 people will go unrealised) .

/it is also mentioned on these forums, some members paste this sentence text to make it appear as if they did water(lie?) hard to tell in truth.

i *think* to stop being notified of the system "___watered" message go in to the menu, select "settings" and under push notifications turn off "Crops watered" -not sure of this but it's the closest solution.

Unregistered
06-09-10, 07:45 AM
Many people do the second message because they stay longer than the generated message, thus giving a better chance of being watered back, and/or alerting a neighbor that they're not a deadbeat.

Fertree
06-10-10, 02:18 PM
Why when I visit a neighbor's farm that has water can I not water some plants? (not even one)

swati
06-10-10, 06:08 PM
Just found these forums today.. I didn't know about this automatic message.. thought people were just writing twice .. now it all makes sense

BlueSheep
06-11-10, 05:03 PM
Why when I visit a neighbor's farm that has water can I not water some plants? (not even one)

A crop/tree can only be watered ONCE by anyone and will remain "watered" until harvested by the owner, look for crops with no drops displayed on top of them, sometimes they are hard to notice.

trukkie
06-11-10, 05:08 PM
how do i visit or look up farms of people who watered my farm?

BlueSheep
06-11-10, 06:35 PM
how do i visit or look up farms of people who watered my farm?

Only the last 5 people to water your farm will auto generate a comment on your profile wall (via menu) as well as all unique comments left by individual farmers, but you won't know 100% who has visited your farm and watered, all depends how frequent you access your farm.

NotAnotherGame
06-12-10, 02:26 PM
The autogenerated reply needs to be in a different color or something to know it was autogenerated or manually put there to make you think they watered but actually did not.

Bunny
06-13-10, 01:55 PM
I am having a bit of a problem dealing with the wall and the news feed comments. It seems to me that some comments aren't posted on the wall so now I have to check both to make sure that I reciprocate to all who has watered my farm. Why did you make this change? I always water back and am noticing that some peoples comments are being posted on both and it takes time away constantly double checking and why can't we erase or clear comments on the news feed? It would make it easier to keep track of who you visited in return for them visiting you.

trenae
06-13-10, 02:28 PM
I am having a bit of a problem dealing with the wall and the news feed comments. It seems to me that some comments aren't posted on the wall so now I have to check both to make sure that I reciprocate to all who has watered my farm. Why did you make this change? I always water back and am noticing that some peoples comments are being posted on both and it takes time away constantly double checking and why can't we erase or clear comments on the news feed? It would make it easier to keep track of who you visited in return for them visiting you.

Because a lot of us asked for it to be changed.

The auto generated comments for who watered your wall are the ones on your news feed. The comments on your wall are what people actually type to leave on your wall.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they did this.

Unregistered
06-13-10, 04:43 PM
how do you do the rain symbol? the water symbol thing. i can't figure it out

Unregistered
06-15-10, 07:06 AM
If I upgrade will I lose my current farm?

Unregistered
06-15-10, 09:12 AM
If I upgrade will I lose my current farm?

No. Your farm will be the same as the original. However, any flowers you plant in the new version will not show up in the original. All you will see is blank grassy areas on your farm.

Unregistered
06-15-10, 09:29 AM
There is a free app. called emoji, once you download it you can set charaters along with your name. It's pretty simple and the walk through on the app. is easy.

how do you do the rain symbol? the water symbol thing. i can't figure it out