PDA

View Full Version : No gem for level 4 Potato Wedges or Football Pies...

sweett383
01-16-12, 03:10 PM
Is any one else experiencing this?

GroupMagma
01-16-12, 03:22 PM
That's odd; I'd be interested to hear if multiple users are experiencing this issue.

Rachael98
01-16-12, 03:24 PM
Ooh...weird.
I suppose you should do what GM's Sig says too: device, OS, Game Version?

nmishii
01-16-12, 03:32 PM
People have been posting that they didn't receive gems for Level 2 and/or 4 since last summer. Its intermittent. I thought the problem was forwarded to TL.

Rachael98
01-16-12, 03:33 PM
People have been posting that they didn't receive gems for Level 2 and/or 4 since last summer. Its intermittent. I thought the problem was forwarded to TL.

Where was that? I didn't see it:confused:...

starstar2
01-16-12, 03:33 PM
Nope. I got the gems. At level 4 is sous chef, fill up bar meter to get executive chef to get a gem.

pinkster73
01-16-12, 03:34 PM
Where was that? I didn't see it:confused:...

Absent that day? I remember those threads

Rachael98
01-16-12, 03:35 PM
Absent that day? I remember those threads

Maybe if it was in the summer it was during my holiday. I'll do some digging.

Rachael98
01-16-12, 03:38 PM
Ah, like this?

Hi, I'm playing on an iPad (first generation) and I have the latest app store update of Restaurant Story.

For a while now I've been having an issue with not always receiving the mastery reward when I complete level 4. It started about a week or so before the implementation of the gem reward for level 4 mastery. At first I didn't really mind since I have no need for the coins or exp anyway. Then after the gem was added to the mastery reward I didn't really mind when I missed out on one or two gems. But now that I've missed at least 5 gems I'm starting to mind, especially since I know that I will be missing more gems in the future.

This happens probably about one in three times. I've gotten the mastery reward (with pop-up) for the majority of recipes but sometimes I'll complete level 4 and never get a pop-up for it. (I don't get the gem without the pop-up.) Every time this happens I try to cook that recipe again several more times just in case the mastery bar isn't quite full, but it never works.

I have tried restarting my device as well as deleting RS and re-installing it but the gems have not appeared. Also, I use easy appliances - could this bug be related to them?

(BTW, it's not the Easy Appliances)

nmishii
01-16-12, 03:50 PM
Ah, like this?

(BTW, it's not the Easy Appliances)

Yes, like that. There are others.

GroupMagma
01-16-12, 04:01 PM
@nmishii, while this is true, there are also cases in which this is reported but the Gems were distributed. Support investigates these on a case-by-case basis. On the other hand, if a bunch of users are reporting specific recipes, it becomes considerably easier to identify an issue. In this instance, we've looked into this issue and have not found any reason to believe mastery is broken for this recipe, but if more users report on this issue, it will be easier to draw correlations.

nmishii
01-16-12, 04:07 PM
I did say it was intermittent. As this appears to be. One poster already said they got gems for both. I got a gem for potato wedges. I'll master football pies in a few hours. Assume I got the gem unless I post back, and trust me, if I don't get the gem I will.

snubbly
01-17-12, 04:04 AM
I got the 2 gems for the potato wedges

sunnybake
01-17-12, 05:42 AM
Does anyone know if the potato wedges or the football pies are seasonal recipes, and if so when they will end? Thanks!

DaojinWildfire
01-17-12, 05:55 PM
Sometimes the bonus message will go away if there's excessive tapping, which makes you believe that you did not receive a bonus, but actually did. You can always send us an email and we'll check if you received a bonus or not for a specific recipe.
Forum Questions: Community Manager Thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11096-Community-Manager-Thread)

pastrychef17
01-17-12, 06:02 PM
I got my gem for level 2 mastery for potato wedges but haven't reached level 4 on it yet (will do tonight). One thing I've noticed that might throw people off is when I reach mastery on a recipe, I'll sometimes get credited for 2 gems but then it corrects itself shortly after by subtracting 1 gem. If you don't know your before and after number and only notice 1 being taken away, it's easy to think you didn't get a gem for mastery. Once I figured out this was happening, I made a point to note my gem count right before mastery and right after. So far I've been credited correctly after it corrects itself but it helped not to be fooled by that extra gem which then gets subtracted out.

conniekyma
01-19-12, 12:29 AM
I'm having the same problem.

elphaba31
01-20-12, 06:25 AM
I didn't get a gem or anything for reaching level 4 of prime rib.

hentie2
01-21-12, 12:41 PM
Sorry didn't know this thread was going I too have not got my gem for level 4 on potato wedges I was a tiny bit off from level four after cooking potato wedges all day continued this morning I have had 3 gems since Thursday still only have 3 gems I have cooked them all day green slider full not bothering anymore i give up :(

klaatoo
01-24-12, 02:18 PM
I did not receive gem for level 4 on wedges yesterday, but today back to level 3! Have now mastered wedges at level 4 and got the gem. Hurray!

kooky panda
01-24-12, 02:24 PM
I did not receive gem for level 4 on wedges yesterday, but today back to level 3! Have now mastered wedges at level 4 and got the gem. Hurray!

Hurray!!!!