PDA

View Full Version : White Swan: Impossible Mission?

01-16-12, 08:41 AM
My intention of this post is to highlight how ludicrous it is to completely master this catalog by 20th Jan given the fact the catalog was made available to us on the 30th Dec

First of all, let me clarify that I play FS on two devices. On one I bought a few extra slots and was able to complete it without losing any sleep but my the other FS I didn't and don't intent to as I want to see how a non-gem buying user would be able to master all fixture catalogs in a timeline but I'm almost 3/4 to completely master the white swan given the fact I forgo doing many goals.

Some of you may be aware of this that it takes almost twice as many times to master one item as it takes to master a recipe in BS or RS. It's approximately 125 to 127 times to completely master one item depending on the hour. If it's 12 hours and under it's about 125 times and 16hrs and above it's about 127 times. If I'm wrong, please feel free to chime in your know how.

I shall go with the lowest number here as we all know that white swan is 22hrs catalog. So to completely master the white swan catalog it takes 500 times/slots. And again I shall assume here that majority don't buy extra slots and order by the standard given slots which is 22. So that would take us 22.7 days (500 divided by 22) to master and get the 8 gems ($2 worth of gem currency).

I don't know how many would bother to squeeze every minute of it by getting up two hours earlier if they have ordered the item @ 6am the day before for example. Doing so IMHO is madness because the following day you would have to wake up @ 2am just not to have any lapse time. Doesn't matter if you started ordering in the evening because eventually you'll still get to the wee hour part as you progress. But let's assume that most forgo their beauty sleep (since TL has such tall expectation of their users) still it would take approximately 20.8 days. Oh not forgetting half of the time notification isn't working.

When was that catalog made available again? 30th to 20th, and that would be on which date we completely mastered that white swan catalog?

When I saw the announcement, I quickly do my math and knew my 22-slot FS would not be able to achieve it but I didn't want to say anything yet just to wait and see if TL would be more forward in the following days stating the exact catalog to be removed rather than this...

"Okay guys I got word that items that were added to the games from Dec 2- Dec 30th will be removed on January 13th.(edit: Jan 20th) I could not get an actual list so I am trying to get lists together based on what was added during this time frame."

What I fail to understand is why is it so hard for TL to state the obvious than giving us ambiguous info and done using the mod as a medium.

Secondly, hasn't TL learnt from past situation e.g. Candy Cane Macaroon (22hrs) introduced last for the Halloween version that many couldn't master in time not adding the fact that some iPad users got a late roll out.

With or without the prior notice, what good does it do when it's an impossible mission for those who use only 22 slots unless the white swan is NOT included!

I'm not going to argue whether the white swan is Christmassy or plead to extend the dateline. Since TL can't be forward in stating the exact catalog to be removed on the 20th, I don't see why users need to go through hoops in asking/pleading/bargaining?

A little respect goes a long way.

barleycoon
01-16-12, 08:58 AM
I feel the moderators do a wonderful job relaying information to us. The community managers must all be so busy, so they probably need help sometimes. I really love the white swan collection, I think it's really beautiful so I too hope we get to keep it. Maybe the CMs simply don't have any more information to give us, it would be wrong to tell us something that had not been decided on and that would be misinformation and make players even angrier. I know it's frustrating not knowing what's happenening, I think TL do listen to us and do learn/ build on everything that happens. This is just my view, everyone else's is different. Different is good.

bunny_foo
01-16-12, 09:01 AM
I'm wishing we had until Jan 31. I never bothered ordering the White Swan because it just wasn't possible with the goals and trying to master the elf and Mrs. Claus costumes.

bobbyrae
01-16-12, 10:10 AM
Secondly, hasn't TL learnt from past situation e.g. Candy Cane Macaroon (22hrs) introduced last for the Halloween version that many couldn't master in time not adding the fact that some iPad users got a late roll out.

With or without the prior notice, what good does it do when it's an impossible mission for those who use only 22 slots unless the white swan is NOT included!

I suspect the point is that if you want to master the catalogues you will buy gems. We often forget that TL doesn't make these games to keep us happily distracted from our lives. They operate a business and have staff to pay. To successfully do this they have to earn money from these games. I have neighbours who have over 80 slots (saw this due to the "use gift" glitch) and in bakery and restaurant there are players with what looks like 100+ stoves, drink machines & ovens. They're not necessarily the ones complaining about the cut off date as more likely than not they are able to master these catalogues and recipes failrly quikcly. For those of us (including myself) who have spent no money on these games is it really fair to complain about it? If i really wanted to master the white swan catalogue as well as the other Holiday catalogues I too could go ahead and pay real $$ for those extra slots.

That said, i really wish TL would consider giving us the white swan catalogue as a New Year gift :D

maggieyyli
01-16-12, 11:05 AM
I highly believe TL intentionally set the last collection to be 22-hour item and arranged to release for the last seasonal catalog. In fact, you can see the catalog release sequence in terms of hour is like this 2, 4, 6, 9 and 22. If this release sequence is reversed, mastering all of them is technically feasible without buying extra slots. Even so, I am neutral on it as business is business. Players (who are lucky enough not to fall in gem trap to buy slot) can get 7 gems - only missing 1 gem - not really a big difference indeed. To me, what make the difference is the gem trap in the game!

I support the idea of the white swan catalog as gift (permanently)! :)