PDA

View Full Version : Does the game become pointless at higher levels

silver2112
01-16-12, 08:38 AM
I am at level 80something at the moment. I have more coins than I can spend, as I have no expansions left, and have reached the maximum number of appliances. The quests are pretty easy to complete now as I have loads of stoves and neighbours.

I feel like the challenge has gone out of the game and I am losing interest.

Anyone else feel like this at the higher levels? Or am I missing something?

barleycoon
01-16-12, 08:49 AM
I've been level 96 for some time now. I still adore playing RS, I really look forward to the new updates every week.
We've been spoilt this week with two new constructable appliances. I still enjoy visiting other nbrs/players. I like to redesign my Restaurent quite often. I too have reached the max expansion, I just change things around and put items in and out of storage. I just put appliances back into storage which enables me to purchase the new appliances for coins.
We have had so much added by TL, and I think they have already shown their commitment that they are always looking for new innovative ideas to challenge us and make their games stand out from other developers. Some players also take a break and come back to the game, many of my nbrs have done this. There are so many level 96 and higher players, so hopefully they feel the same too.

cakeandpie
01-16-12, 10:38 AM
I'm at 96 also, with more coins than I can spend, no more expansions, max appliances, and all the neighbors I want, yet I still enjoy playing because of two things: the weekly updates and earning gems. The weekly updates means there might be some new decor I want in the future. I had fun decorating my whole restaurant for Christmas, for example. And most weeks we get new recipes, which is a way to earn a few more gems. I have bazillions of coins so I don't care about those, but gems
are still nice to earn to maybe obtain something I've been wanting, or save up for a new gem item to come out in the future.

primerib
01-16-12, 03:04 PM
As long as they keep updating the game with new foods, new cooking methods, etc. I'll continue to play.

starstar2
01-16-12, 03:38 PM
Yes. The weekly updates is the driving factor.
Plus the interaction with neighbours throughout the world.
And at higher level, u can master food much easier and thus gems are easy to be earn.

pastrychef17
01-16-12, 04:50 PM
I reached level 96 in both Bakery and RS last week. I wouldn't say it was pointless to continue but it's definitely not as addicting as it once was, especially in Bakery since I could stop cooking food for the next 6 months and I still wouldn't empty all my counters. RS is a little more engaging since it empties out faster but I prefer the decor and recipes in Bakery. The weekly updates with new recipes, appliances and decor help maintain interest level for me but I'm not as obsessed as when I was a lower level player and working on expansion, opening up appliance slots by reaching certain levels, building up coins and gems and mastering recipes. I've finished mastering almost all of the recipes except releases in the past couple of weeks and once I master those, without new content, I may stop playing.

As buggy as they were, I have to admit the goals made things a little more interesting. It's just too bad they didn't get released to everyone and that more of the kinks weren't worked out beforehand. I would like to see them return at regular intervals though, if everyone could have them and if the ingredient request system worked better and didn't count the same as materials requests.

barleycoon
01-16-12, 05:02 PM
I too hope we all get more goals, that would be wonderful if the requests could be made seperate. It's hard when we need to request for appliances and goals.

felicitybliss
01-16-12, 05:42 PM
I am at level 80something at the moment. I have more coins than I can spend, as I have no expansions left, and have reached the maximum number of appliances. The quests are pretty easy to complete now as I have loads of stoves and neighbours.

I feel like the challenge has gone out of the game and I am losing interest.

Anyone else feel like this at the higher levels? Or am I missing something?

I have the same feelings as you. The goals made it interesting for awhile, but not being able to participate with all my neighbors in a cross platform game left me with a bitter taste and less enjoyment with the TL gaming experience. The larger weekly updates of late have kept me occupied. Shortly, I will be back to having nothing to do. If the weekly update return to previous levels, then I won't have enough to do until the next update so my attention will be directed elsewhere.

The forum is supposed to be part of the gaming experience (according to media interviews with TL employees) but recent actions have greatly diminished the ability to have intelligent conversation, which is about the only thing I am interested in. No disrespect to those who enjoy "I want a pink dress" (or similar) threads, but that isn't the conversation I want to have.

I suspect I will be leaving TL games behind shortly.

And to the grammar police, I apologize for ending sentences with prepositions :) :) :) :)

pinkster73
01-16-12, 05:46 PM
Omg did you just insult pink dresses? Jk. I agree with you. Aside from the pink dress thing of course :p

cakeandpie
01-16-12, 06:17 PM
I liked the goal concept too. Obviously in execution they didn't go well, with the buggy request system and gem-required tasks, and also requiring HUGE numbers of long-term recipes to be baked even though the goals were limited time. If goals returned with a less buggy request system, no gem-required tasks (or at least a way to dismiss that goal so you could go on to another and not be blocked forever), and giving us indefinite time to cook all those recipes, then I would like it. It would give us higher-level players more to do.

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-16-12, 06:26 PM
I am in the 80s. Find the quests challenging. I also just found out you can store appliances. And refuse to spend real money to complete a challenge. Have problems getting parts sent to me :(. Have lots of neighbors so that is good. I don't think the game is pointless. If you have more money than you can spend your way ahead of me lol. But you can always redesign your place often. Several redesign their place from time to time. When I get a few more coins and these challenges are over I'm going to do some redesigning myself. :-)

felicitybliss
01-16-12, 06:41 PM
Omg did you just insult pink dresses? Jk. I agree with you. Aside from the pink dress thing of course :p. I knew that would get your attention :) :) :)

I liked the goal concept too. Obviously in execution they didn't go well, with the buggy request system and gem-required tasks, and also requiring HUGE numbers of long-term recipes to be baked even though the goals were limited time. If goals returned with a less buggy request system, no gem-required tasks (or at least a way to dismiss that goal so you could go on to another and not be blocked forever), and giving us indefinite time to cook all those recipes, then I would like it. It would give us higher-level players more to do.
Many of the bugs seemed to eventually get fixed. TL should have done a trial run for goals prior to the big unveil which occurred just before/during the holiday when workplace absences are at the highest rate. I felt TL's rollout and pre-rollout testing could be dramatically improved.

I enjoyed the long time recipes as it slowed down the rate of goal completion.I do feel sorry for people on lower levels as it would be difficult or impossible to finish the goals. I also thought time limits helped to create more strategy in an otherwise mindless tapping game (strictly, my opinion).

I don't agree with your comments regarding gem required tasks. When TL puts in pay-to-play features, I understand it has a business to run. My choice is to either pay or refrain. I do not expect to click a skip button so I can get rewards that others paid for. That ideology simply seems unfair to me.

pika4ever88
01-16-12, 07:20 PM
I think the people who have suggested the dismiss feature visualize that it would allow you to go onto a different part of the goal with different rewards. And then you can come back to ones you skipped and see if you want to pay or not. Thus, you'd still have to do all of the quest if you want that particular goal, but you'll get the decision in what order you get to complete them and the gold and XP if you decide the end goal reward is not worth it.

What I did not like about the goals were that since they were limited time, it felt frustrating that you couldn't see the whole quest line since they were intertwined. For instance, I got stuck on a Bakery goal because I completed more of Santa's than the snowman's. One part of Santa's goal required that I bake the Candy Cane Cake, a reward from the snowman. This was about a week before they were to be removed last Friday. The way my neighbors responded to requests, I didn't have time to finish Santa's goals since it would've taken me the whole time to finish the snowman's goal. Resolution: Luckily I already had a Candy Cane Maker so I didn't have to wait on parts. I invited more neighbors (I like to keep neighbors to a minimum since I'm a bad neighbor and dislike tipping and keeping track of who tips and have not deleted older ones only cause I'm still waiting for gold to expand before I edit my list) and used mats that I was saving for a Fireplace Oven to make a Candy Cane Maker.

Yes there is this forum, but I don't see why I have to come on a forum to ensure that I complete my goals.

It's also sad to see (low level) players in bakery who have the Candy Cane Maker who will not have the means to be able to get the recipe (without spending gems).

felicitybliss
01-16-12, 07:54 PM
I think the people who have suggested the dismiss feature visualize that it would allow you to go onto a different part of the goal with different rewards. And then you can come back to ones you skipped and see if you want to pay or not. Thus, you'd still have to do all of the quest if you want that particular goal, but you'll get the decision in what order you get to complete them and the gold and XP if you decide the end goal reward is not worth it.

Perhaps, I am misunderstanding this dismiss feature you are describing.
Example:
Part #1---free to play-- coin/xp reward
Part#2---free to play--coin/xp reward
Part#3--pay to play--coin/xp reward
Part#4--free to play--coin/xp reward
Part#5--free to play--decoration
Part #6--free to play--recipe unlock

Are you saying that you want to be able to play parts 1 and 2, dismiss Part 3, then play Parts 4, 5, and 6? Perhaps, i am completely misunderstanding and please correct any misconceptions, but how is skipping the gem requirement and entering a pay for play feature fair to people who actually paid to access the features?

cakeandpie
01-16-12, 07:55 PM
I don't agree with your comments regarding gem required tasks. When TL puts in pay-to-play features, I understand it has a business to run. My choice is to either pay or refrain. I do not expect to click a skip button so I can get rewards that others paid for. That ideology simply seems unfair to me.

I agree I shouldn't get something that others paid for. What I meant about skipping a task was skipping the whole thing including the reward; for example you just don't get to work towards the bonus item and can go abead to a whole new set of tasks for somehing else. Am I making sense now? What was most irritating to me, I think, was that *other* bonus items and recipes/crops were stacked behind gem-required ones, such that we could never reach them. For example in RS, if you didn't want to buy a snowman waiter for 24 gems for the stuffing recipe, you could never work towards the fruitcake either; you were stuck on the stuffing forever. I wish there had been a way to say, "ok, I'm not willing to spend gems for stuffing, so i don't get that. Let me skip it and start on the fruitcake tasks." Likewise in Farm, the red pointsettia task was stuck behind tasks for a santa pig or a polar bear (I don't know which). Why not say, "OK, those willing to pay gems can get the pig and the polar bear, and those not willing to pay don't. But if you don't want to, you can skip to the pointsettia tasks."

felicitybliss
01-16-12, 08:26 PM
I agree I shouldn't get something that others paid for. What I meant about skipping a task was skipping the whole thing including the reward; for example you just don't get to work towards the bonus item and can go abead to a whole new set of tasks for somehing else. Am I making sense now? What was most irritating to me, I think, was that *other* bonus items and recipes/crops were stacked behind gem-required ones, such that we could never reach them. For example in RS, if you didn't want to buy a snowman waiter for 24 gems for the stuffing recipe, you could never work towards the fruitcake either; you were stuck on the stuffing forever. I wish there had been a way to say, "ok, I'm not willing to spend gems for stuffing, so i don't get that. Let me skip it and start on the fruitcake tasks." Likewise in Farm, the red pointsettia task was stuck behind tasks for a santa pig or a polar bear (I don't know which). Why not say, "OK, those willing to pay gems can get the pig and the polar bear, and those not willing to pay don't. But if you don't want to, you can skip to the pointsettia tasks."
Ahh, I was understanding you. I consider anything (goal, quests, or parts thereof) behind a gem quest to be part of the pay for play feature. In RS, I feel the fruitcake part was a long continuation of paying for the stuffing recipe. Likewise, in farm, the poinsettias were also part of gem paid feature. My view is that if you paid the entry free, the pig, polar bear, poinsettias and other rewards were part of that initial gem cost.

My understanding of your point of view is that each complete quest be separated (like into a pig quest, bear quest, and poinsettia quest) with the ability to skip a particular quest (like the pig), but to complete the bear and poinsettia quests, if desired. Please correct any inaccuracies.

IMO, this might be beneficial to players, but not necessarily to TL. I, for one, would have simply skipped all gems quests as I still would have been able to complete a large number of quests and gotten satisfactory enjoyment. To me, that asks too much of TL. I expect them to treat me appropriately; in turn, I should treat them appropriately. I am willing to pay small amounts if treated appropriately. With the 24 gem quest to get extra decorations and recipes/crop, I feel I was getting some value for my money.

mushroom79
01-16-12, 08:40 PM
diagree. there are updates every week and there are some for coins. it only becomes pointlesswhen all updates become for gems and CC only.