PDA

View Full Version : Does makeup counter work?

lisalong
01-15-12, 07:53 AM
So I was thinking of getting the make up counter, but

The goal requests from neighbors was spotty, they didn't seem to work well, has this been resolved? Before I spend the hard earned gems I thought I would ask. What has been your experience? Is the make up counter easy to build and once up does it work as intended? I have read negative things so far.

barleycoon
01-15-12, 08:09 AM
I adore my make up counter. Sometimes players won't put positive views on here which is a pity. The make up counter has experienced issues for some players. Many of my nbrs do not have the current issue with it at all.
The current issue is the make up won't place after its ready, but as a temp fix. If we do not collect likes and then place make up straight away, that works for some. Or visit a nbr and like them come straight back to your make up counter and place. This is working for me, I love the design of the make up counter and the make up really stands out in the shop, it's all really beautiful. TL are aware of the issues and they are investigating it. I hope that's given you a balanced view, it may be helpful to ask players in the game who have it how they feel too.

barleycoon
01-15-12, 08:11 AM
Also my goal requests seem fine now, if you continue to have problems with yours please let us know.

felicitybliss
01-15-12, 08:52 AM
While some feel the need to represent the opinions of others, I only represent my own opinion and experience. I am under no obligation to present a "balanced" view. It is up to the reader to decide what information to include and exclude from his/her decision making process. My opinion: The make up counter is cute. It does not work correctly. In my experience, it doesn't matter if you like, go to neighbors, or tap the counter first, it still does not allow me to place the completed merchandise. Sometimes, this helps, but overwhelmingly it does not. TL did a small fix that if it does not place, then it does give me the entire amount if coin and XP for the completed product. TL is aware of the problem, but a complete fix has not occurred yet.

For the gem price (36 gems - 8 gems for mastery=28 gems cost), I felt it was a nice decorative piece for a lower cost when compared to other decorative items in FS. I still think 28 gems is quite exorbitant for a virtual picture, but is more reasonable than many other TL items. I view the makeup counter as a decorative piece and not as something that furthers the game experience as it does not work properly. Quite frankly, TL is responsible for selling a product free of defects. Workarounds should not be necessary.....

If the OP wants this as a decorative piece and doesn't care about defects, then OP should buy. If OP wants this to further game experience, then OP should wait to purchase until it works properly.

TL has made several tweaks to the goals issues. I finished my goals but still get numerous requests from neighbors so I am assuming that it has improved. Lagging continues to be an issue. Some of my neighbor requests are delayed by up to 2 days.

kooky panda
01-15-12, 09:02 AM
My makeup counter seems to be fixed . You can keep an eye on this thread , I am checking to see if anyone is still having issues.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?21252-Make-up-Counter-Out-of-Sync-Issues

I think the makeup counter is a personal choice. I did enjoy being able to master some new items . Right now there is only the one catalog and I have not heard if any more catalogs will be coming.
If you are on the fence, you may want to wait to see if any new catalogs come into the game later. If I see more, I will post on the weekly Fashion update threads.
As for requesting the parts, I did not have any issues getting mine, but I built my counters before the goals came out.
I have been getting part requests from nbrs and have not yet see any issues.

kyderbygirl
01-15-12, 08:50 PM
Just " built" mine- literally- love it! So far, no problems ordering my makeup, working on my 3rd one. It was not hard getting my parts, although I ended buying the last few- only out of pure impatience! LOL I got all but the last few in 24 or so hours...
But, I agree, it is a total personal choice.

ariesblu
01-15-12, 09:01 PM
I can't comment on the make-up counter, but you should be aware that even if you send all of your neighbors requests, Android users do not receive them and therefore cannot complete them. So that may be a reason that some of your requests were coming through at a slow pace.

sumnboutme
01-15-12, 09:01 PM
Mine is still buggy :( but i still love it.

sourlicorice2
01-15-12, 09:48 PM
Wishing I hadn't bought mine. Occasionally works but most often doesn't :-( time to email support yet again about it.

ljcr
01-16-12, 06:28 PM
Actually it's one thing that is cute and actually serves for something. For ppl who are having troubles with it, i've noticed that if u r collecting ur tips and press the makeup counter ready with some product, it won't let u place the product, but instead it gives u the money u would've received. If not it allows u to place the product with no trouble. Personal experience only.... :-)

sophiacml
01-16-12, 06:40 PM
It's pretty cool to spent 6 gems to earn 8 gems back only after the mastering 4 items.

banyan2011
01-17-12, 03:31 PM
I had not trouble building mine. Took just a few days to gather requested parts. So cute! Did have trouble "placing" parts on tables but found if I shut down the app and then reopened it there was no trouble. Love my makeup counter...worked hard to aquire the gems to buy it and have no regrets.

kooky panda
01-17-12, 03:33 PM
It may be a little bit before a fix is done for this issue, but the best work around is to place the completed orders before collecting your Likes.
It's probably best if that's the first thing you do when coming back into the game.