PDA

View Full Version : My Letter To iTunes. Please Join Me and Send a Letter of Your Own...

Unregistered
10-26-10, 09:02 PM
Here is my letter sent to iTunes regarding the problems and my request of a refund for my purchases made in Restaurant Story. I ask that all of you whom have had problems here to write and send a letter of your own to iTunes. TeamLava CLEARLY has no intention of providing adequate customer service and/or restricting the in-app purchasing even though they are aware that things dont work. In the real world, that is called false pretense and is a criminal charge.

And TeamLava...regardless of your, "disclamers", etc...my next step IS legal action. So, I suggest you expedite a solution to mine and everyone elses problem.

Here is my letter....

I am writing to you to request a refund for any and all in-app purchases made to TeamLava for their app called Restaurant Story. I had spent quite a bit of money on their game via in-app purchases, however, they are selling things in the app under false pretense. The things they are selling with the in-app purchase option, they are knowingly selling with the knowledge that they do not work, which is criminal. Sadly, I did not become aware that these things did not work until after I made my purchases. Even though they knew about all the problems that the app was having, they did not disclose and/or restrict people from making the in-app purchases. I have written to the company several times, only to get an unsatisfactory answer. Many people have had the same problem as I have and I know have contacted you as well, and, I'm certain will continue to. Again, I please ask for a refund for all my purchases pertaining to this app. I also ask that you investigate this further, as I believe the app should not even be offered due to the fact they are knowingly taking peoples money with the knowledge that it doesn't work. I also would like to direct you to their forum where you can read further about all the problems people are having and TeamLavas inability to provide adequate customer service. The only thing they have responded with are empty promises to, "fix", the problems, however, still have no problem with taking peoples money whilst they do not work. Following is the link to their forum for the Restaurant Story App....

http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?12-Restaurant-Story

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Unregistered
10-27-10, 03:43 PM
Unfortunately Apple cannot refund any of us, it would have to be Team Lava. But yes, they are putting on a poor show of customer service by repeatedly ignoring us. They promise weekly updated in the application blurb in the store, and they promise fixes but nothing happens.

Unregistered
10-27-10, 10:20 PM
iTunes Store is the one that gives out refunds as you can see in one of the other posts someone got a refund from iTunes and could not get one from TeamLava, they are not even allowed to do it as Norman states in the response to those refunds.

Unregistered
10-28-10, 12:02 PM
What specifically about the in-app purchases does not work?

Unregistered
10-28-10, 12:57 PM
Well the in-app purchasing works just fine. TeamLava takes your money without any problem. Its what you buy with the gems that you paid real money for that don't work. For example....Sonic Appliances, Forever Appliances, Etc...

Not to mention the fact that they are aware these things don't work, but sell them anyways.

Unregistered
10-28-10, 06:15 PM
HEY NORMAN, quite whinning & buy a deck of cards. "Solitare" maybe the game for u?