PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Developers

deadpix
10-26-10, 08:36 PM
I got a pleasant surprise today. It seems that I just got a day off from "work" at the restaurant.

Here's what happened:

Had breakfast and jumped on the metro for work.

Fired up RS, served up the long-cook dishes I had on the appliances over the night.

Checked all food stock levels and put on a few items on the appliances.

Collected the tips on the empty tables.

Opened the door for business by unblocking the entrance.

The customers stream in and the restaurant's rating climbs to 50.

Five minutes later the server says my restaurant is out of sync and that they've synced it.

I close the message and the usual message saying how much I had earned while away pops up.

It said "You earned 65,792 coins which you were away"

I did a double take; 65,792 coins?

Checked my serving counters again and found that more than 2,000 servings from each table, (I have 13), had been "served" to my customers.

Checked the coins counter and found it to have correctly included this new "earnings".

That's about 1.5 days of earnings for my restaurant, since I only operate for 12 hours, so I'll be able to take a break for at least a day. :-)

Again, thank you Developers.

Unregistered
10-28-10, 12:23 AM
TeamLava deserves that for being so greedy with their customers, its a "free" app but to use it they want you to spend hundreds of dollars in order to take advantage of all the features. BULL

Unregistered
10-28-10, 04:17 PM
deadpix, i love the way you look at things :)

exact thing happened to me last night. i cooked all day, i served all my food and open my place, then i was out of sync. when i came back all my food was served and got 40K+ from it. honestly, i was not happy. actually i felt sad, i did not see any of my customers ate the food that i prepared the whole day :(

deadpix
10-28-10, 06:15 PM
I am unsure of the issue. If the food you were serving disappeared, the coins you received was just your earnings from the food.

The issue is that game, either at the server end or the client end, isn't recovering from "out-of-sync" and lost connection errors properly.

In the situation I wrote about in my post, it should have taken about 16 hours for the game customers to "consume" the prepared food. Instead, one minute I had about 50,000 plates of food on my counters, the next, after I get the "out-of-sync" message, about 40,000 plates of food disappear and I'm told that my restaurant made 65,792 coins while I was away.

Prior to this happening, I had already been playing for about 10 minutes and it was only 5 seconds between the time I got the out-of-sync message and the message announcing my big earnings, so unless there was a huge wave of rich famine victims marching through my restaurant in those seconds, it would have been impossible for that amount of food to be "consumed".

This isn't the first time this has happened but is certainly the worst of all that I've encountered in terms of food lost from an out-of-sync error. The only consolation I got was that all the food was "paid" for, but this barely makes up for the sense of loss of not being able to watch your hard work of "cooking" in the past hours being "appreciated" by the customers.

You need to get your development team to look into improving the synchronization of the states of the food on the serving counters. Please note, not everything goes missing when the game goes out of sync, the levels gained in food mastery and experience, the coins earned, the food that is cooking and the restaurant layout USUALLY remain intact, the thing that goes missing after an out-of-sync error, 99% of the times, is the food that is placed on the serving counter.

I really enjoy your games and have gotten some gems and city dollars in the other two games to enhance my gaming experience, and would love to do it here too, but the glitches are sort of holding me back. I'm pretty confident that your team will find a solution to this but until then, I'll be holding back on my purchases.

Cheers