PDA

View Full Version : Declining gifts?

Oregomy
10-26-10, 03:40 PM
So i know how theres a limit of 20 gifts per day, but if you decline gifts can you get others in exchange? I know it might be a limit of 20 gifts accepted... but im not certain. if anyone can clear that up that would be great. A lot of people are sending me toast and stuff, and i want to decline the toast and accept as many stews as i can

Unregistered
10-26-10, 04:07 PM
I decline gifts other than stew, but I tipped them first before declining. Make sure you have more than 20 neighbors, so gifts will keep coming and you can decline the ones that are not stew.

SDO
10-26-10, 10:33 PM
Why go with stew when french toast is a higher amount of servings which is x200?

deadpix
10-26-10, 11:08 PM
Why go with stew when french toast is a higher amount of servings which is x200?

Because French Toast sells for 1 coin whereas Stew sells for 5.

I'll leave the maths to you.

Unregistered
10-27-10, 01:15 AM
Ii like to get stew. Everyone sends stew. That's because stew takes 2 days and who wants to keep a stove occupied all that time when you may need it to cook something else. I like the stew because I will probably never cook any. I also love to get anything some one wants to give me. Roast chichen, I love getting waffles, fried eggs, I just mix it up. It's always good to have variety in your "pantry! Any gift my neighbors send is a blessing.

Unregistered
10-27-10, 03:16 AM
I only decline French toast. It takes 1 min to cook yourself. I assumed that you could accept 20 gifts so declining 1 wouldn't count or otherwise why have the decline button. I could be wrong. I am considering deleting neighbors who give me french toast it is sort of thoughtless of them

Unregistered
10-27-10, 08:23 AM
I only decline French toast. It takes 1 min to cook yourself. I assumed that you could accept 20 gifts so declining 1 wouldn't count or otherwise why have the decline button. I could be wrong. I am considering deleting neighbors who give me french toast it is sort of thoughtless of them

Hi,

I tend to save all my gifts and serve them up when I go to bed, hence I try accepting French toast and stew. . I didn't realise you made more money from stew when they are gifted!

I'll carry on gifting those foods.. If I am one of your neighbours I won't be offended if you do delete me! LOL Maybe they are just as ignorant/thoughtless as me!!! I don't get a chance to read the forums so as you can see I do live in my own little world!

I suppose as the previous person said, any gift should be gratefully received!!!

Unregistered
10-27-10, 11:56 AM
You can accept up to 20 gifts. Declined gifts do not count towards your 20.

Unregistered
10-31-10, 06:14 PM
Would gifts turn bad if stored and not used immediately? Are our coins deducted when we send gifts to our neighbors?

deadpix
10-31-10, 11:36 PM
Would gifts turn bad if stored and not used immediately? Are our coins deducted when we send gifts to our neighbors?

No, they won't go bad; when they created RS, it came with a Forever Gift Store, every food item you put in there never spoils.

Gifts are also free, so give as much as you want.

helloe
01-12-11, 02:19 AM
can your neighbors tell if you decline thier gifts??

Unregistered
01-12-11, 02:24 AM

No, they cannot.

But why would you care anyway? Afraid of hurting their feelings? *rolls eyes*

Unregistered
01-12-11, 10:51 PM

People new to the game and anyone who doesn't read the forum wouldn't know about sending gifts that are better. Why delete a neighbor? They might figure out that some gifts are better and start sending you stew! It's easy enough to decline a gift.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:34 AM
Ii like to get stew. Everyone sends stew. That's because stew takes 2 days and who wants to keep a stove occupied all that time when you may need it to cook something else. I like the stew because I will probably never cook any. I also love to get anything some one wants to give me. Roast chichen, I love getting waffles, fried eggs, I just mix it up. It's always good to have variety in your "pantry! Any gift my neighbors send is a blessing.

I agree I will take anything and be greatful! I like to send Fench toast because you get x200 (yes it only takes a min to make but you can't set your game down and walk away you have to man it). Stew is good at x150 and it takes 2 days to make. I don't think you get $ when you use gifts.... I have watched them "being eaten" and don't see coins. I think they just serve as place holders to keep guests happy until you get food out. Does anyone know for sure if you get money or not for gifts?

I also save gifts and set them out at bed time.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:38 AM
I agree I will take anything and be greatful! I like to send Fench toast because you get x200 (yes it only takes a min to make but you can't set your game down and walk away you have to man it). Stew is good at x150 and it takes 2 days to make. I don't think you get $ when you use gifts.... I have watched them "being eaten" and don't see coins. I think they just serve as place holders to keep guests happy until you get food out. Does anyone know for sure if you get money or not for gifts?

I also save gifts and set them out at bed time.

You DO get money when customers eat gifts. And stew is definately the best gift to give/receive. French toast, as far as I am aware, is actually the worst gift to receive. Even though there are 200 serves, they are only worth 1 coin per serve.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:44 AM

I was wrong you do get $$$$ for gifts my bad!

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:45 AM
You DO get money when customers eat gifts. And stew is definately the best gift to give/receive. French toast, as far as I am aware, is actually the worst gift to receive. Even though there are 200 serves, they are only worth 1 coin per serve.

Sorry I am "new" and yes you are right you do get money.... my bad!

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:46 AM
I was wrong you do get $$$$ for gifts my bad!

Yep, you sure do... that is why some people make such a fuss over them. Personally, I accept whatever is sent to me. Have a smily day.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;34550]Yep, you sure do... that is why some people make such a fuss over them. Personally, I accept whatever is sent to me. Have a smily day.[/QUOT

I know I was wrong on the $$$ thing but I am happy that people send me gifts at all I would never be picky and tell people what to send! Take what you get and wait for stew gifts if that's what you want.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Unregistered;34550]Yep, you sure do... that is why some people make such a fuss over them. Personally, I accept whatever is sent to me. Have a smily day.[/QUOT

I know I was wrong on the $$$ thing but I am happy that people send me gifts at all I would never be picky and tell people what to send! Take what you get and wait for stew gifts if that's what you want.

I'm the same. I dont really see the need to get worked up over who sent what. I dont even pay attention to which of my neighbours sends me gifts. I just enjoy receiving them.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 06:38 PM
**** french toast.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 09:21 PM

I actually wish they CAN see when you reject gifts, so my neighbors might get a clue whenever I decline french toast.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 10:27 AM
I also delete neigbors that sent me french toast. Specially if that neigbor is 25 + level and had 2 or below star rating. They just get in the way for the people that send me stew or chicken. I think they should know by now what to send. You can practically make toast in a minute.. I have this one neigbor who is level 40 and keep giving me french toast and yet insist I give him Stew instead. WTF? I deleted him. He wants to earn more money, but doesn't want his neigbor to earn one...