PDA

View Full Version : Goal: Affridgative Action

lehcar1
01-13-12, 09:41 AM
One of the requirements is to buy a Snowman Waiter for 24 gems or I can skip it for 10 gems. I think the reward is Stuffing which with mastery I can obtain 2 gems... Is it worth trying to save up gems to finish this goal?

pastrychef17
01-13-12, 09:44 AM
One of the requirements is to buy a Snowman Waiter for 24 gems or I can skip it for 10 gems. I think the reward is Stuffing which with mastery I can obtain 2 gems... Is it worth trying to save up gems to finish this goal?

My personal opinion is no, not unless you like the snowman waiter for itself and don't mind spending 24 gems for it. You're only going to get 2 gems in return for completing this part of the goal (by getting the new recipe) so from a pure math perspective, it's not a good investment. Also, further on the same quest, as I understand it, there's another gem requirement to unlock another recipe and to get to the cuckoo clock but again you have to spend 24 gems to buy something or 10 gems to skip it. I stopped at the waiter requirement because I wasn't going to spend gems to get past it. It wasn't worth it to me. Some of my neighbors have done it so I just enjoy the stuffing and fruitcakes vicariously through their restaurants, lol.

lehcar1
01-13-12, 10:01 AM
I guess I'll pass...

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 10:50 AM
You'll also earn coins from selling the stuffing in your restaurant, so that's something you may want to consider as well.
I skipped for the 10 gems for that reason.

I haven't done the penguin waiter as yet. Still trying to decide how badly i want that Cuckoo clock. I also haven't done the chocolate fountain goal as yet either as i really don't like the fountain at all and would lose quite a bit of $$ if i bought it just to complete the goal and then sold it back.

ultrafrog
01-13-12, 12:16 PM
I wasn't going to do anything with the snowman waiter but I caved and paid 10 gems to skip that goal.

It actually unlocks 2 recipes, fruitcake and stuffing. You'll only be stuck again with the penguin waiter goal blocks you from the cuckoo clock.

I felt like I wanted to have a complete recipe book so paying essentially 3 gems per recipe was worth it for me. 10 gems to skip , 4 gems earned from masteries.

lehcar1
01-13-12, 12:17 PM
Yeah, but I can earn coins from other foods as well without having to use gems :/ But I don't know, I want the option to make it, lol. I might not have time to save up gems anyway.

I don't mind getting the choc. fountain since I can easily save up coins, but what is the reward for completing it?

lehcar1
01-13-12, 12:21 PM
I wasn't going to do anything with the snowman waiter but I caved and paid 10 gems to skip that goal.

It actually unlocks 2 recipes, fruitcake and stuffing. You'll only be stuck again with the penguin waiter goal blocks you from the cuckoo clock.

I felt like I wanted to have a complete recipe book so paying essentially 3 gems per recipe was worth it for me. 10 gems to skip , 4 gems earned from masteries.

That doesn't sound too bad.. Hopefully I can earn 4 gems by the end of next week D:

ultrafrog
01-13-12, 12:46 PM
With the latest weekly update it should be do-able to earn that 4 gems.

lehcar1
01-13-12, 02:34 PM
I kind of doubt because it's gonna take time to build the new appliances. I was able to complete the nacho machine but it takes a whole day to make nachos! We'll see...

lehcar1
01-13-12, 03:00 PM
Nevermind, I saw some new recipes for the oven. There's hope!