PDA

View Full Version : The Great Bakery Update Date: Friday the 13th!

bawpotter
01-12-12, 06:49 PM
Well, it's almost here! The Great BS Update Date! Yes, you did read the title correctly, it is Friday the 13th. This is only the first of THREE this year! If oyu haven't already seen, the holiday content is now being removed on January 20, not January 13. You now have mor etime to complete those goals! Teaser-wise, they were posted by both DW and GM, so thank you to them. This might be one of the greatest weeks in BS history! We get TWO NEW APPLIANCES!!! The first appliance is the Dehydrator, and the second is the Sugar Coater. To my knowledge, these appliances are both constructable, but I may be wrong.

http://i.imgur.com/lZNd8.png

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/NormantheFarmer/bakery_tease_sugar.png

While our appliances are being finished, let's talk about our hopes.

1. A new recipe!
2. Coin Content!
3. More goals!

In the mean time, let's all get ready for The Great Update Date!

bobbyrae
01-12-12, 06:57 PM
That sugar coater looks interesting. Makesme wonder what recipes we'll get with that one

redpavlova
01-12-12, 07:03 PM
It's pretty weird that our hopes are for a new recipe when probably there will be 12 new recipes

pastrychef17
01-12-12, 07:22 PM
It's pretty weird that our hopes are for a new recipe when probably there will be 12 new recipes

I hope that's true - it would be so much nicer than 1-recipe appliances. I would be interested to see what recipes they have for the sugar coater since it seems like anything that can be sugar coated can already be made in the appliances we have (doughnuts, cakes, etc). For the dehydrator, I can only think of dried fruit for a bakery but am looking to see what creative ideas TL came up with.

xcellent
01-12-12, 07:59 PM
May i know what will be the used of the marzipan and candycane ovens? Will they add more recipes on it? Or will it be just one of the "storage" items?

I like the Dehydrator.... Looks colorful! Lol!

ariesblu
01-12-12, 08:09 PM
I'm curious as to what recipes can come out of these appliances. I really hope they won't be constructable, but think that is the way tl is now going with new appliances.

wonderkim
01-12-12, 08:45 PM
Faster circulation!! I don't need anymore recipes right now. Even if I do get it I have no more room to put more counters out T_T
But I do like the sugar coating machine
It's pretty!

LunaMiya808
01-13-12, 09:43 AM
Silly question, around what time do the updates start rolling out?

pastrychef17
01-13-12, 09:52 AM
Silly question, around what time do the updates start rolling out?

11 am PST - although sometimes you'll get a popup saying the update is here but it takes a little longer for the new items or recipes to appear. In the weeks I don't get it on Friday around 11 am PST, I get them on Tuesday but never in between.

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-13-12, 09:54 AM
It's the 13 th and I haven't seen an update :(

SmokeyMtnGirl
01-13-12, 09:56 AM
11 am PST - although sometimes you'll get a popup saying the update is here but it takes a little longer for the new items or recipes to appear. In the weeks I don't get it on Friday around 11 am PST, I get them on Tuesday but never in between.

Well that explains it. That'd be like 2pm Eastern time???

Gigi_V
01-13-12, 10:00 AM
7pm uk time

LunaMiya808
01-13-12, 10:47 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll look forward to 11am :)

shelleykk
01-13-12, 10:50 AM
The recent updates have been really good I think. So many new items, recipes and all the goals - i hope they keep it up :) I am loving playing at the moment!

AnnasCoffee
01-13-12, 12:25 PM
Faster circulation!! I don't need anymore recipes right now. Even if I do get it I have no more room to put more counters out T_T
But I do like the sugar coating machine
It's pretty!

I agree with wonderkim. What good are new recipes if they don't sell. FASTER CIRCULATION PLEASE !!!

hanatsuki
01-13-12, 01:01 PM
Faster circulation and expansion on store would be nice. But I did get new update just now but waiting for current food to be done baking

kooky panda
01-13-12, 01:08 PM
two new appliances

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/660bd87d.jpghttp://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/daef3891.jpg

caesarslaw
01-13-12, 01:11 PM
Not a fan of the asian decor...it doesn't go with my bakery and I feel it's more appropriate for RS oh well, the panda is cute. I do LOVE the new recipes though although I wish the sugar coater matched the one released in teasers, that one was cuter. Lots of recipes everyone! and good times on them too

thomaaas
01-13-12, 01:16 PM
Not a fan of the asian decor...it doesn't go with my bakery and I feel it's more appropriate for RS oh well, the panda is cute. I do LOVE the new recipes though although I wish the sugar coater matched the one released in teasers, that one was cuter. Lots of recipes everyone! and good times on them too

I think they released a wrong picture for the teaser of the sugar coater. Since it's pink, and looks like a cotton candy maker, I think it's a new appliance coming for Valentine, but that's just my guess.

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 01:19 PM
I think they released a wrong picture for the teaser of the sugar coater. Since it's pink, and looks like a cotton candy maker, I think it's a new appliance coming for Valentine, but that's just my guess.

Thomas, true. Since this is what it apparently looks like http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/27455397.jpg

lilobrat05
01-13-12, 01:21 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/26f3bd26.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/beaddb73.jpg

mimirivera
01-13-12, 01:22 PM

I agree completely! I even thought for a second that the sugar coater may have been different for Androids, lol. Still cute though.

lilobrat05
01-13-12, 01:23 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/283554b7.jpg

This is for the dehydrator

lilobrat05
01-13-12, 01:23 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/1387e45c.jpg

This is for the sugar coater

lilobrat05
01-13-12, 01:25 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/b3e9e433.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/e9a97549.jpg

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/3e71fe66.jpg

queentina3
01-13-12, 01:26 PM
I got my dehydrator, already had those parts in stock, and only 1 recipe so far. I do hope there will be more down the line. :-)

lilobrat05
01-13-12, 01:26 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/8f069101.jpg

casadolce
01-13-12, 01:27 PM

No, we do need new recipes to master to earn our two gems! But faster circulation is needed too. I have 55 counters out already.

lilobrat05
01-13-12, 01:28 PM
Alright I posted some pictures of the new machines and what some of the new items are. I love how the dehydrator looks!!! And I love all the animal especially the panda and dragon! And of course YAY for new recipes! The sticky cake looks good!

lilobrat05
01-13-12, 01:29 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/7e30009f.jpg

bakerbelle
01-13-12, 01:34 PM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/3e8b49a0.jpg

Thanks for posting the pix! I am curious about your little 2012 bear... did he come from a basket?

bunny_foo
01-13-12, 01:34 PM
In case anyone needs the parts for the sugar coater, it's:

10 paint
10 screw
5 knob
5 gear

bunny_foo
01-13-12, 01:35 PM
For the dehydrator it's:

5 metal sheet
5 gear
10 paint
10 screw

kooky panda
01-13-12, 01:35 PM
Thanks for posting the pix! I am curious about your little 2012 bear... did he come from a basket?
the little bear was one of the new years goal prizes

casadolce
01-13-12, 01:36 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/lilobrat05/7e30009f.jpg

Haha, whoever designed the mahjong table doesn't play mahjong. Each player needs 13 tiles on hand to play and a 14th to win. These players are all short on tiles. Plus there should be 144 tiles in total...

Just saying... :)

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 01:37 PM
It was a reward for completing one of the new year goals...unfortunately i cannot remember which, though. Sorry :( But i'm sure if you look though the goal thread on bakery you'll find which one it was.

bunny_foo
01-13-12, 01:37 PM
Haha, whoever designed the mahjong table doesn't play mahjong. Each player needs 13 tiles on hand to play and a 14th to win. These players are all short on tiles. Plus there should be 144 tiles in total...

LOL! That's funny :)

dreaisrad
01-13-12, 01:53 PM
I absolutely LOVE the new appliances. :D I just wish there were more recipes and different times. My least favorite are an hour and a day. :(

bobbyrae
01-13-12, 02:01 PM
These days i wish we had more 1 day and 2 day recipes :) lol...
One good thing about these new appliances is that more people will gift parts instead of food. Yay! Lol.

kitty711
01-13-12, 02:29 PM
WoW these look great! Great Job TL!

sumnboutme
01-13-12, 02:35 PM
I love all the new decor and new food for Chinese New Year! :)

shakiba
01-13-12, 03:55 PM
OMG, I love this week's update! Woo hoo!

sup4mo
01-13-12, 04:24 PM
I don't have any of the items to make either of these and seems like my friends can't help either.:(

ariesblu
01-13-12, 04:27 PM
You could only get it if you were able to complete a goal; goals are only offered on idevices. If you are an Android and wanted it, there is no way for you to get it.

ariesblu
01-13-12, 04:30 PM

Lol that is funny. :p

Cutie4life900
01-13-12, 05:06 PM
I am thankful we have gotten 2 new appliances and new recipes, but what's with all the chinise new year stuff 2 weeks in a row? I am sure only a very small percentage of people are asian... Not to offend anybody, but 2 weeks in a row, I havn't wanted to buy anything new except for the new appliances...

redpavlova
01-13-12, 05:33 PM
I am thankful we have gotten 2 new appliances and new recipes, but what's with all the chinise new year stuff 2 weeks in a row? I am sure only a very small percentage of people are asian... Not to offend anybody, but 2 weeks in a row, I havn't wanted to buy anything new except for the new appliances...
Asia has the largest population in the world so I wouldn't say a small percentage at all

cappa8
01-13-12, 05:39 PM
We need a gym sale. 😜😝😁😄😃☺😜😒😝😍😘😜😏😝😒😊😃😄

theladymorgana
01-13-12, 05:41 PM
How did the person with the bears get more than one? I completed the goal and only got one.

chillez
01-13-12, 05:53 PM
I got 5 bears when I completed the goal.

kooky panda
01-13-12, 07:33 PM
I got 5 bears when I completed the goal.

How did the person with the bears get more than one? I completed the goal and only got one.
I also got five bears and five sets of balloons for the other set of goals. Check back in your store to see if you have more of them.

inheavenmin
01-13-12, 07:35 PM
i LOVE LOVE LOVE this week's update!

myporcelainlife
01-13-12, 09:01 PM
I really love the Chinese New Year themed items. The food, the decorations, everything is great and very well done! Also this week's limited edition lotus fountain is lovely!

redpavlova
01-13-12, 09:13 PM
I don't like how Teamlava is releasing so many new appliances. It's so hard to receive the parts to build them

jessiba
01-13-12, 09:13 PM
I love the new update being on level 96 gets boring so I'm enjoying the new ovens & recipes!!

ashrb
01-13-12, 10:20 PM
Actually there's quite a large percentage of Asians on this game... And I'm not Asian, but I love the updates! It's nice having updates that aren't "typical" holiday updates.

ratandrooster
01-13-12, 10:43 PM
I love this update too. I love how TL is releasing more and more new recipes, goals and appliances. I remembered sometime back updates weren't as frequent and I was getting bored fast. I love BS

flowless
01-13-12, 10:58 PM
does any way have a pic for the fountain

lizziexmw
01-14-12, 01:15 AM
These days i wish we had more 1 day and 2 day recipes :) lol...
One good thing about these new appliances is that more people will gift parts instead of food. Yay! Lol.

Yes ! I gift parts only, no matter I'm building a new appliance or not. But some neighbors would switch into food after finished their own appliance.

lizziexmw
01-14-12, 01:26 AM

I'm Chinese and I'm not excited about these new year stuff either, because I've seen these stuff so many times in real life. And place a dragon dancer in a bakery is just weird... But I love the new recipes and new appliances.

mimidori
01-14-12, 02:01 AM
Honestly I think TL has done a great job designing Chinese New Year stuff. Being Chinese I can see they put in a lot of effort and paid attention to some details, although they didn't get the mahjong rules right...Although I'm not using the new items, I think they are cute! And I don't think Asians are a minority, even if they are I like the diversity.

333sandy
01-14-12, 02:03 AM
I love, love, love the dragon, it looks just like a huge orange tabby cat.

globalresteraunt
01-14-12, 02:08 AM
What item(s) do the sugar coater and the dehydrator cook?

misukume
01-14-12, 02:24 AM
Dehydrator -> Candied Lotus Root (1 Hr)
Sugar Coater -> Almond Sugar Cookies (1 Day)

heronbreak
01-14-12, 02:28 AM
I am not Chinese but I LOVE the Chinese New Year items. I'm about to go hog crazy and spend a lot of money on gems for the first time. I've spent five bucks here or there. But I'm about to lay down serious cash for a virtual bakery filled with darling items. TL has done a great job and I'm very glad even if it will cost me my real latte money. lol

01-14-12, 03:03 AM
If I'm not wrong, TL office is based in California near San Francisco. And there's a large population of Asians especially Chinese mainly in SF and LA, so for them not to do well in the Chinese New Year theme would be a surprise and a big shame! Lol

myporcelainlife
01-14-12, 06:03 AM
I'm not Chinese either but I follow feng shui and know quite alot about Chinese culture. I adore all the items they're brought out so far and would love to see more! They did a really good job on the Chinese themed foods too! Thankyou TL for a job well done! :)

Miquilis
01-14-12, 09:13 AM
Can I ask a favour. Has anyone bought the lotus fountain or seen one in a neighbour's bakery? I would really love to see a picture of it placed in a bakery to see how big it is.

manning999
01-14-12, 10:22 AM
Can I ask a favour. Has anyone bought the lotus fountain or seen one in a neighbour's bakery? I would really love to see a picture of it placed in a bakery to see how big it is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/manning/af0d7a47.jpg

pastrychef17
01-14-12, 10:26 AM
The lotus fountain is pretty but I don't have the space for it. It's like the cabana lounge in RS. I wanted that one too but decided it was too big. My bakery is getting taken over by counters full of food selling extremely slowly and I only have 1 expansion left. Which I don't want to spend for yet since they're releasing great coin items I want to buy. I'm not Chinese either but I'm enjoying some of the releases for Chinese New Year. I love the tiger and had to buy it. I'm tempted by some of the gem items but have resisted so far.

On the constructables, I don't mind them but I hope they plan to release more recipes for them in the future, especially since both iOS and Android have them. I'd rather not end up with a bunch of one-hit wonders or one-recipe appliances.

marchtiger
01-14-12, 10:37 AM
Dang, I'm going to need that.

azucarNY
01-14-12, 03:30 PM
Do u know how long the Chinese new year updates will be available for?

sumnboutme
01-14-12, 04:27 PM
I'm not Chinese either but I follow feng shui and know quite alot about Chinese culture. I adore all the items they're brought out so far and would love to see more! They did a really good job on the Chinese themed foods too! Thankyou TL for a job well done! :)

Ditto with me on everything said above :D

mimidori
01-14-12, 06:54 PM
The lotus fountain is pretty but I don't have the space for it.

I too still have one expansion & I want the lotus fountain. But the gingerbread house is still in my storage, its 3x3 and the foutain is I think same. Its going to my storage too if I bought it, won't look nice just stuffing it in where there is room.

HOWEVER if they make a waitress like I suggested in another thread, I think I'm gonna buy all the CNY stuff just to make her a home :)

cakeandpie
01-14-12, 07:11 PM
I too would like to suggest faster circulation. I do not have any food accumulation problems in RS where i have the same number of appliances and the same number of tables and chairs as I do in BS, give or take one or two. I have a TON of counters out and by the time one finally empties, there's three more recipes. I'm not complaining about having more recipes, 'cause that's awesome, but eventually my whole bakery is going to be nothing but counters! I am having a really hard time fitting in more and more, esp. since I don't want to cut down the number of tables, because that will make the problem worse. I've noticed I'm making very little money because so little food is selling that I use up all the profit making new food.

OriginalBlond
01-14-12, 08:08 PM
Can anyone tell where I may find an explanation of what each appliance cooks/does? I am about to get another appliance and I would like to make a good decision :-)

debra2739
01-15-12, 09:23 AM
What item(s) do the sugar coater and the dehydrator cook?

I don't know what TL has in mind, but a sugar coater sounds like a device for panning jelly beans and other candy-coated sweets.

debra2739
01-15-12, 09:32 AM
I too would like to suggest faster circulation. I do not have any food accumulation problems in RS where i have the same number of appliances and the same number of tables and chairs as I do in BS, give or take one or two. I have a TON of counters out and by the time one finally empties, there's three more recipes. I'm not complaining about having more recipes, 'cause that's awesome, but eventually my whole bakery is going to be nothing but counters! I am having a really hard time fitting in more and more, esp. since I don't want to cut down the number of tables, because that will make the problem worse. I've noticed I'm making very little money because so little food is selling that I use up all the profit making new food.

I wonder if, instead of changing circulation parameters, which could mean big code changes and roll-out headaches, TL could simply decrease the number if servings and increase the $ rec'd for each plate? The fun for me is the goals and keeping food on the counters. When there's no challenge in that, I get bored. Mastering the recipes is secondary for me.

bobbyrae
01-15-12, 09:38 AM
Can anyone tell where I may find an explanation of what each appliance cooks/does? I am about to get another appliance and I would like to make a good decision :-)

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?17858-Bakery-Story-Recipe-Inventory-and-Chart!!

electrickim
01-15-12, 09:51 AM
I still have my Christmas items up haha; I don't want to depart with my tree floor design but I'm ready to re-do my bakery with these new items. Especially that new dragon (for coins!); I love him haha. Looking forward to buying new appliances, I just hope that TL adds more recipes to them eventually...

anna1louise
01-15-12, 11:58 AM
I'm new. What do I do with gifts I can't serve? Motor, wire, metal panel.

sumnboutme
01-15-12, 11:59 AM
I'm new. What do I do with gifts I can't serve? Motor, wire, metal panel.

You use those to build appliances later on.

kaiscookies
01-15-12, 12:25 PM
:confused:
Just wondering if anyone has the MiNi Dragon in their Bakery?

I was hoping to see it in a Bakery before I buy it, as I am saving my Gems for something special

Happy Baking

27Redd
01-15-12, 12:32 PM
:confused:
Just wondering if anyone has the MiNi Dragon in their Bakery?

I was hoping to see it in a Bakery before I buy it, as I am saving my Gems for something special

Happy Baking

I have the little dragon, jade statue, and panda if you would like to see them :)

You can invite me if you would like :) - 27redd

zoroak
01-15-12, 01:21 PM
I love the Chinese new year items, although would prefer more items for coins. BTW, the dragon dancer should be a lion dancer, not dragon!

dreamytreats
01-17-12, 04:52 PM
I may be in the minority here, but I don't want faster circulation. I like that I can keep my counters full.

In RS I feel like I can never get ahead. The food goes too quick IMO

chocohk
01-18-12, 01:55 AM
I may be in the minority here, but I don't want faster circulation. I like that I can keep my counters full.

In RS I feel like I can never get ahead. The food goes too quick IMO

I am same as you hahahah

litfight
01-18-12, 08:35 PM
Totally agree with the faster circulation point ... I am purchasing a new counter for every new dish TL releases, and my bakery is so crowded with counters...

tones22
01-19-12, 04:50 AM
Yes please fast circulation now that prices have dropped dramatically its a necessity.