PDA

View Full Version : "funny" mistakes

janibany
01-12-12, 07:10 AM
What "funny" mistakes have you done on fashion story?

I'll start with mines...

- today i purchased earrings for 18 gems. Not funny at all, but I had my twin babies sleeping on me and i couldn't move properly (the ipad was like a half meter away from me and I was playing with one finger, barely reaching the screen). I was going trough the closet and my finger did an accidental tap. Gosh I was so upset, I was going to buy the makeup counter, now I am missing 19 gems... I was so close :(

- when I started fashion story and read the rules, I understood that for the 'likes' you could give one like to three stores per day, total three likes, so I could spend HOURS watching other stores deciding the best outfit to give them my "price" like. When I got the concept, my star rating went up very fast haha.

- when started playing, I thought cash had more value than gem, and use all my first gems in counters...

- I used to think that you could have just four neighbors, because... One on each wall of your store. I thought that the neighbour store was actually gonna appear on the side of mine, as my actual neighbour, haha

That's what I remember now... I'll add more if I remember. Any funny mistake of yours?

Ic3e
01-12-12, 07:21 AM
Well at the beginning of the game I spent all 10 of my starter gems. Then I found out about the closet...

I don't think of design whenever I remodel so I spend countless hours redoing this and that and end up using up all my coins.

I don't get into gem traps...only coin traps.

kattybell
01-12-12, 07:28 AM
- today i purchased earrings for 18 gems. Not funny at all, but I had my twin babies sleeping on me and i couldn't move properly (the ipad was like a half meter away from me and I was playing with one finger, barely reaching the screen). I was going trough the closet and my finger did an accidental tap. Gosh I was so upset, I was going to buy the makeup counter, now I am missing 19 gems... I was so close :(

Cute about your babies. Sorry you lost gems. :( For me when I first started I spent all my 10 gems too. Used up my coins, than grasped the concept of the game eventually. Lol.

dalula
01-12-12, 05:24 PM
Aww, that is unfortunate. I lost my 14 gems by accidentally buying a clutch and some shoes. :(

sumnboutme
01-12-12, 05:53 PM
When i first started playing (like maybe within the first hour of downloading the game), i thought the closet was the outfit for my cashier so i spent almost all my starter coins on an outfit only to realize that i had no control over what my cashier's clothes.

I kinda hope i do because i never notice what the avatars are wearing. I barely remember which store i'm at when i'm "liking"...

dalula
01-12-12, 05:54 PM
When i first started playing (like maybe within the first hour of downloading the game), i thought the closet was the outfit for my cashier so i spent almost all my starter coins on an outfit only to realize that i had no control over what my cashier's clothes.

I kinda hope i do because i never notice what the avatars are wearing. I barely remember which store i'm at when i'm "liking"...

well at least they were coins... :p

sumnboutme
01-12-12, 05:57 PM
well at least they were coins... :p

I've lost 24 gems when i accidentally tapped on the extra slot but whatevs, i get a slot....

dalula
01-12-12, 05:57 PM
I've lost 24 gems when i accidentally tapped on the extra slot but whatevs, i get a slot....

And more slots are quite useful sometimes for mastering items. ;)

sumnboutme
01-12-12, 05:59 PM
And more slots are quite useful sometimes for mastering items. ;)

Totally! :)

shakiba
01-12-12, 06:08 PM
Got a pink bunny couch by accident while I was remodeling. I was so upset but then I said "hey, I love bunnies!" (even though it only has the bunny ears) :p

janibany
01-12-12, 07:36 PM
Aaaw, I sooo wanted a sofa! But after trying 4 boxes I decided to keep my gems for deco and the makeup counter... I am happy with the sofa from the MBFW goal though. The bunny sofa is pretty, way better than my earrings for avatar or the two pair of shoes I got

sumnboutme
01-12-12, 07:46 PM
Ugh, i bought a box once and got stupid white shoes...no more boxes for me...

janibany
01-12-12, 08:03 PM
My sister is here visiting me and I put her to do the likes on my nbrs. Today she told me that when I told her she could like six "things" on every store, she understood six things of anything, so poor her, was trying so bad to like the cool changing rooms, the beautiful sofas, the stunning bridal mannequin... And everytime she told me "I can't like the things (or tip)" I would say to her "just try something else", because sometimes it happens to me that some clothes I can not like, I guess it is because somebody else just liked it too, or the system crash or something strange... But never happened to me on almost every store like to my sister haha, poor her, I explained wrong

janibany
01-12-12, 08:05 PM
Ugh, i bought a box once and got stupid white shoes...no more boxes for me...

My last price was those fluffy white slipper shoes or whatever they are called... Argh never again a box! I wanted the angel wing mannequin and of course get THE shoes that can't combine with nothing except a sexy babydoll that is not "me" at all! So I totally understand you :(

yo3ana
01-12-12, 08:27 PM
My sister is here visiting me and I put her to do the likes on my nbrs. Today she told me that when I told her she could like six "things" on every store, she understood six things of anything, so poor her, was trying so bad to like the cool changing rooms, the beautiful sofas, the stunning bridal mannequin... And everytime she told me "I can't like the things (or tip)" I would say to her "just try something else", because sometimes it happens to me that some clothes I can not like, I guess it is because somebody else just liked it too, or the system crash or something strange... But never happened to me on almost every store like to my sister haha, poor her, I explained wrong

Lol at least no loss in there, when my sister started her store and got to collect gems from mastering she asked me what to buy with the gems, I told her to buy boxes for awesome decorations!! She tried three boxes and she got two shoes from two different boxes and Christmas glasses which aren't pretty now I think she'd never ask me again lol.

janibany
01-12-12, 08:52 PM
Lol at least no loss in there, when my sister started her store and got to collect gems from mastering she asked me what to buy with the gems, I told her to buy boxes for awesome decorations!! She tried three boxes and she got two shoes from two different boxes and Christmas glasses which aren't pretty now I think she'd never ask me again lol.

Christmas glasses are the most ugly thing ever out of a box! Haha poor her, I guess some of us are just unlucky!

yo3ana
01-12-12, 09:02 PM
Now what I find funny is when the customer pixel comes in my store it has a fist mark on her head, which is a link to download imobsters and if you didn't she go leave with broken heart, I'm like okie darling if you not coming to shop don't come again bye bye but she comes again lol.

Ic3e
01-12-12, 09:56 PM
Why is everyone complaining about having box avatar items? I'm craving for those! I was lucky on my first box (Magic) and got the Diva Shoes! I was reall happy about that. I don't want any furniture. Except the mannequins, the intamites and perfume display, and the artistic fountian. Also most items from the Groovy Delivery.

yo3ana
01-12-12, 11:19 PM
Why is everyone complaining about having box avatar items? I'm craving for those! I was lucky on my first box (Magic) and got the Diva Shoes! I was reall happy about that. I don't want any furniture. Except the mannequins, the intamites and perfume display, and the artistic fountian. Also most items from the Groovy Delivery.

You wanted avatar and you got decorations while opposite here, when looking forward to getting something and you are limited in gems and you don't get it with the tries you can, it's abit frustrating and those Christmas glasses or the tiny light from faux fur box are the last thing you to see coming out the boxes but I'm just type to laugh when it happens.

janibany
01-13-12, 03:46 AM
You wanted avatar and you got decorations while opposite here, when looking forward to getting something and you are limited in gems and you don't get it with the tries you can, it's abit frustrating and those Christmas glasses or the tiny light from faux fur box are the last thing you to see coming out the boxes but I'm just type to laugh when it happens.

Yes, totally agree here! Should be avatar boxes and decoration boxes, but the avatar items you can always buy in the closet for 24 gems each

janibany
01-13-12, 03:47 AM
Now what I find funny is when the customer pixel comes in my store it has a fist mark on her head, which is a link to download imobsters and if you didn't she go leave with broken heart, I'm like okie darling if you not coming to shop don't come again bye bye but she comes again lol.

Haha I preffer her though than the invasive pop up we hade before

queentina3
01-13-12, 09:10 AM
My "funny" mistakes were:

1. When placing gifts from neighbors I put the contrast pumps onto a new stool instead of the stool I had been stocking them on. Since they were a gift and nothing I purchased, and I needed that stool, I just stored it and then took it back out. LOL
2. When placing some jewelry I didn't notice, due to all the customers in the way, that I already had a place for the item and ended up storing it on another stool. Now I have 2 stools holding the same piece and just hoping the smaller one sells out quickly.
3. When placing the khaki shorts on the rack, the one next to it was empty, and I guess my finger slipped and now I have 2 racks with the khaki shorts. At least those sell fast.
4. I was trying to redesign my shop yesterday and thought I had everything in a way that wouldn't give me broken hearts and still leave me with room, but I was wrong. I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why they had broken hearts and couldn't tell as they weren't showing why with a little green box above their heads. I finally figured out that they didn't like were my cashier was placed and just moved her to the middle of the room. Now they are happy. LOL

I have hit the extra slot for 25 gems a few times, but since I don't have 25 gems it hasn't gotten me yet. When I did have that much I just very carefully placed all my orders to avoid the trap.

One thing that isn't really funny, but makes me laugh anyways, is I keep getting kicked out of the server when I'm trying to do things and people come in and "like" at the same time. When I get the "out of sync" and then go back in, I see the "likes" and start laughing. Now I just figure when I get the message it is because someone "liked" me. HAHAHAHA

pinkster73
01-13-12, 09:32 AM
I don't play fashion, but on farm when I first started I thought my crops would not grow unless they were watered first.

janibany
01-13-12, 12:25 PM
I don't play fashion, but on farm when I first started I thought my crops would not grow unless they were watered first.
Haha that is kinda cute :)

shakiba
01-13-12, 04:08 PM
Christmas glasses are the most ugly thing ever out of a box! Haha poor her, I guess some of us are just unlucky!

Lol, its doesnt even make sense. No one wears sunglasses when its xmas (unless u live somewhere hot, but u know what I mean)

ariesblu
01-13-12, 04:44 PM
I've done this a total of three times throughout my history of playing this game. It's so annoying.

MizCricket
01-13-12, 05:09 PM
I've done this a total of three times throughout my history of playing this game. It's so annoying.

Yeah, I did it once too. The "funny' part was that I didn't even realize it happened. It was late one night, and I was falling asleep as I was putting in my final catalog orders for the night, and I think I tapped it as I nodded off! I have no idea for sure. I just realized the next day that 25 gems were gone! :eek:

wintertrash
01-13-12, 06:19 PM
Today I accidentally bought a box and got a Xmas mirror. I don't know how that happened. I wad finally accumulating gems and that had to happen to me. I am still fuming about that. I only had 30 gems and now I'm down to 6. I was sooooo mad i had to put the iPad down for a while. This game is going to give me gray hair.

Deisherry
01-13-12, 07:10 PM
Haha I also thought the sams thing about neighbors haha

hushkat
01-13-12, 09:38 PM
When I first started playing I was low on inventory. The customers would come in my store and the clock would appear over their heads then they'd turn around and leave. I figured they were leaving because they wanted to know what time it was and I didn't have a clock on my wall. So I bought a clock but it didn't fix it so I figured I needed another clock. I bought about 5 clocks and had them hanging on my walls before I figured out the customers just wanted more things to buy.

pinkster73
01-13-12, 09:48 PM
When I first started playing I was low on inventory. The customers would come in my store and the clock would appear over their heads then they'd turn around and leave. I figured they were leaving because they wanted to know what time it was and I didn't have a clock on my wall. So I bought a clock but it didn't fix it so I figured I needed another clock. I bought about 5 clocks and had them hanging on my walls before I figured out the customers just wanted more things to buy.

Thats hilarious. It makes sense though

mahoganylane
01-13-12, 09:55 PM
That is too funny!

mahoganylane
01-13-12, 10:02 PM
When I first started, I didn't understand the storm id concept or the point of having neighbors, but when I finally started adding people, I took extra care to choose items that I really liked because I thought it was a reflection of my fashion sense and would make a difference on whether or not a person chose to add me.

Lovey1984
01-13-12, 10:10 PM
I think I used up my first supply of gems when I had clothing orders that expired and I collected them for 5 gems--probably was just 1 minute or 2 minute orders...what a waste! :( If I had only known!!!

sourlicorice2
01-13-12, 11:09 PM

I don't like avatar items myself. Though if your avatar was the one standing behind the cashier then I'd love avatar items but because it's not I don't like to waste my gems on avatar stuff.

sumnboutme
01-14-12, 12:56 AM
I don't like avatar items myself. Though if your avatar was the one standing behind the cashier then I'd love avatar items but because it's not I don't like to waste my gems on avatar stuff.

I couldn't agree more! That's what I thought the closet was for when I first started - to dress up my cashiers! Lol

janibany
01-14-12, 03:08 AM

Hahaha I did the same! But it wasn't until I entered the forum I understood. Before that I said "oh well, if with 4 clocks in my wall make you still wonder what time it is... Your problem". I even looked in the catalogue to see if they were wristle clock to order, maybe that's what they were asking for and was going to unlock on a higher level. Haha

mtytomlinson
01-14-12, 07:08 AM
Hmm, so far I think this is the most 'funniest' for me. I started the love is in the air goal and I was at part 9. When I heard that after this was Undercover mother, and it was timed, I quickly prepared my 16hr items which are needed for the goal. Then when. I had the goal, thinking that I've completed part 1 fast, I realized I was short of one 16hr item... Lol... I don't know if I'm pissed or laughing at this.

LCAHEARTS
01-14-12, 12:23 PM
Well this wouldn't be a mistake I've caused or understood to be a mistake but........

Has anyone noticed these days when you go to someone's store that you haven't been to in hours or a day...you'll see a little red sweater or black slacks somewhere on their avatars body right before it loads their outfit? Usually the stomach or leg.

I laugh every time. I've wanted to take a picture but it happens so fast. I see it every day at least 10 times.

LCAHEARTS
01-14-12, 12:25 PM
Hmm, so far I think this is the most 'funniest' for me. I started the love is in the air goal and I was at part 9. When I heard that after this was Undercover mother, and it was timed, I quickly prepared my 16hr items which are needed for the goal. Then when. I had the goal, thinking that I've completed part 1 fast, I realized I was short of one 16hr item... Lol... I don't know if I'm pissed or laughing at this.

Omg!!! With all the goals, I was so overly observant for that very reason. I'd count my orders vs how many I had already completed over and over. That sucks, so sorry!

mtytomlinson
01-15-12, 12:22 AM
Omg!!! With all the goals, I was so overly observant for that very reason. I'd count my orders vs how many I had already completed over and over. That sucks, so sorry!

Haha it's okay, I managed to complete it in time anyway :)

sumnboutme
01-27-12, 03:09 PM
I was busy visiting neighbors today and i got distracted and left the game on a neighbor's boutique. When I got back to the game, i tried collecting tips/likes and was wondering why it wasnt working. After a few seconds/tries, I realized I was at a neighbor's place :p

kooky panda
01-27-12, 03:16 PM
I was busy visiting neighbors today and i got distracted and left the game on a neighbor's boutique. When I got back to the game, i tried collecting tips/likes and was wondering why it wasnt working. After a few seconds/tries, I realized I was at a neighbor's place :p

I have done this!!! And my first thought was OH NO not another bug!!!

pinkster73
01-27-12, 03:20 PM

Me too, only I was trying to harvest someone else's farm

kooky panda
01-27-12, 03:25 PM
When Farm story first came out, the game was not social. You just played by yourself. Late one night (I was very sleepy) and I went in to put down my
night night crops and I saw all these water drops on my farm.. I got a rag to wipe my iphone screen...

(I am not the brightest bulb somtimes.)http://th457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/gohartman/th_bright20idea.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/bright%20bulb/gohartman/bright20idea.jpg?o=4)

sylvie4163
01-27-12, 03:28 PM
When Farm story first came out, the game was not social. You just played by yourself. Late one night (I was very sleepy) and I went in to put down my
night night crops and I saw all these water drops on my farm.. I got a rag to wipe my iphone screen...

(I am not the brightest bulb somtimes.)http://th457.photobucket.com/albums/qq294/gohartman/th_bright20idea.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/bright%20bulb/gohartman/bright20idea.jpg?o=4)

Hahaha. That gave me a chuckle. ;) :p

sumnboutme
01-27-12, 04:04 PM

Hahaha, that's awesome :D. It reminds me of the time when laptops were fairly new. I was telling my grandma that it might have a virus and she told me that's why I should always cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze, hahahaha.

shakiba
01-27-12, 04:05 PM

Oh I get it.. lol really? xD

sumnboutme
01-27-12, 04:05 PM
Hahaha, that's awesome :D. It reminds me of the time when laptops were fairly new. I was telling my grandma that it might have a virus and she told me that's why I should always cover my mouth when I cough or sneeze, hahahaha.

"it" = my laptop at the time that was pretty slow and crashed all the time

lindalucias
02-12-12, 03:47 AM
I think I used up my first supply of gems when I had clothing orders that expired and I collected them for 5 gems--probably was just 1 minute or 2 minute orders...what a waste! :( If I had only known!!!

Oh my god, I did that too!! I had so many gems as I installed all the other TL games for 6 gems each, and then used 5 gems all the time to speed up orders... So stupid! I could have bought a box or loads of other stuff... Well, too late now :)

cristinae115
02-12-12, 08:09 AM
Funny thing that I am trying to complete "single ladies" and "celebrity stylist" at the same time lol. Both have super time consuming tasks to complete. When I tell my husband he just laughs at me so I have to post it here since I know you are the only ones who understand my frustration! LOL!! ;)

atlantisonearth
02-12-12, 08:11 AM
What is a slot in Fashion Story?

bobbyrae
02-12-12, 08:20 AM
An ordering slot:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/b174e16b.jpg

pops1972
02-12-12, 08:34 AM
My android tries to change my words sometimes and I posted on someones wall " I love your hips" :-(

pops1972
02-12-12, 12:05 PM
:oAnd playing on an android instead of emojis you see this. ? ? ? ? ? ? At that time I didn't understand why all the question marks. Did I send the wrong gift? Did I post something offensive? I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. Well after getting defensive I finally asked a neighbor what was up with all the question marks. She didn't play for a couple days so she didn't get my message. I thought jeese the people on these games are so mean. I can finally laugh about it now.

MizCricket
02-12-12, 07:24 PM
My android tries to change my words sometimes and I posted on someones wall " I love your hips" :-(

Swype is really a riot! One day I swear I'm just going to post all my comments the way Swype writes them and see how my nbrs respond. I'm sure I'd get a lot of ????? comments. LOL

pinkster73
02-12-12, 07:43 PM
I tried that voice to text thing and I texted my daughter that I love her bum. But it didn't use the word bum. I had originally said "I love you ..... " Then her name. I went back to touchscreen.