PDA

View Full Version : What time zone does Team Lava operate in?

MaddieMay33
01-11-12, 09:25 AM
The time stamp on my last message looks like it is London time. Is that correct? Just curious...

sylvie4163
01-11-12, 09:26 AM
TeamLava is in California, they work in Pacific time.
The forum is in GMT time. (London, UK...??!)

pinkster73
01-11-12, 09:30 AM
You can change the time on your forum page to your time zone in the settings

MaddieMay33
01-11-12, 09:46 AM
Thank you !!!!!!!

Rachael98
01-11-12, 10:10 AM
TeamLava is in California, they work in Pacific time.
The forum is in GMT time. (London, UK...??!)

GMT is the best Timezone. Far less confusing:p. (I may be biased as I'm in it).

Pacific Time is GMT-7.0, except it's sometimes different because London switches to BST (codeword for rain:o), but GMT stays the same.

nmishii
01-11-12, 10:23 AM
Well, actually Pacific time is GMT-8.0. That is Pacific Standard Time (PST).

It is GMT-7.0 when on Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).

Pacific Time is the best timezone.

For me, whenever GM gives a time that something will happen, there is no conversion needed.

MaddieMay33
01-11-12, 10:27 AM
So what time on Jan 13th will the holiday content be removed?

nmishii
01-11-12, 10:41 AM
TL did not say when on Jan 13 they will remove the holiday content. So I am shooting for Jan 12 and will be done on Thursday.

I don't even think TL knows right now what time they'll remove the holiday content. Their schedules are fluid, so they can't speculate when something will happen.

pinkster73
01-11-12, 11:00 AM
I have trouble remembering my own time zone, nevermind other ones

nmishii
01-11-12, 11:25 AM
I have trouble remembering my own time zone, nevermind other ones

You should move to the Pacific Time Zone. Then when GM gives a time you know what time he is talking about.

I think we need a pie chart on how many live in the Pacific Time Zone vs the Mountain Time Zone. I think Pacific will win.

pinkster73
01-11-12, 11:40 AM
Did someone say pie chart? Btw these percentages are not made up

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/gMjxQsuC.png

Rachael98
01-11-12, 12:08 PM
Did someone say pie chart? Btw these percentages are not made up

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/gMjxQsuC.png

Like the "GMT is the best" statement is not made up?
(be careful how you answer that;)).

nmishii
01-11-12, 12:25 PM
Like the "GMT is the best" statement is not made up?
(be careful how you answer that;)).

Sorry, Rachael, GMT is not the best time zone. Pacific is.

And American English is better than British English.

pinkster73
01-11-12, 12:26 PM
No no no. Mountain time is the best

sylvie4163
01-11-12, 12:29 PM
No, no, no, and NO! Eastern time is best!!! ;) :)

bawpotter
01-12-12, 01:37 PM
No, no, no, and NO! Eastern time is best!!! ;) :)

Oh yeah, Eastern ALL THE WAY!!!

Rachael98
01-12-12, 01:46 PM
Sorry, Rachael, GMT is not the best time zone. Pacific is.

And American English is better than British English.

But English English is the overall winner.

And how come all other zones are calculated on...GMT?:p

Rachael98:cool: (forums.TeamLava.com/member.php?1327-Rachael98)...because Norman was taken:p...what:o?
Thursday, 12th January 2012-1966~Batman first aired on ABC-TV!
Christmas Content: Scheduled for removal January, 20th

Check out My Blog! (rachael98.Tumblr.com) & The TeamLava Fan Page! (http://www.facebook.com/pages/TeamLava-Fan-Page/194175333959663), the Forum Moderator Fan Club (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=18) & The TeamLava Forum Union (forums.TeamLava.com/group.php?groupid=74)

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose"

"If in doubt, tell them to e-mail TeamLava Support (support@TeamLava.com)...for issues regarding individual accounts, anyway" ;)

GroupMagma
01-12-12, 02:26 PM
Well, actually Pacific time is GMT-8.0. That is Pacific Standard Time (PST).

It is GMT-7.0 when on Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).

Pacific Time is the best timezone.

For me, whenever GM gives a time that something will happen, there is no conversion needed.

This is correct. (The GMT -8 bit, not the other bit; I make no claims to Pacific Time being the best timezone, accurate as though it may be :p )

pinkster73
01-12-12, 02:28 PM
Note that mountain time in the pie chart provided is represented in pink, therefore showing its superiority.

redbites
01-12-12, 02:34 PM
Obviously AEST is the best timezone because I don't know why

sylvie4163
01-12-12, 02:49 PM
Doesn't GMT mean Group Magma Time? Lol jk.

Well, it's EST where I live, so I think that every time should be calculated around EST :p

Montegoe
01-12-12, 03:18 PM
And how come all other zones are calculated on...GMT?:p

I think that's because when it was being decided which time zone to base all others from, it was determined that people from the UK weren't as capable of doing "clock-math" as those in other time zones. An executive decision was made to keep it easy for them by making them the zero. All other timezones are chock full of clever people who can easily manage with GMT-1, GMT+8, etc., but the folks in GMT just couldn't handle the stress of a "complicated" concept like that (especially brits).

So while GMT may be the best, being the smartest is a whole other ballgame.

:p

pinkster73
01-12-12, 03:20 PM
I think that's because when it was being decided which time zone to base all others from, it was determined that people from the UK weren't as capable of doing "clock-math" as those in other time zones. An executive decision was made to keep it easy for them by making them the zero. All other timezones are chock full of clever people who can easily manage with GMT-1, GMT+8, etc., but the folks in GMT just couldn't handle the stress of a "complicated" concept like that (especially brits).

I second this. Good theory

Rachael98
01-12-12, 04:21 PM

:mad:

At this point, I'm going to point out that the UK has some of the best and most renowned education in the world.
So there:p.

pinkster73
01-12-12, 05:21 PM

At this point, I'm going to point out that the UK has some of the best and most renowned education in the world.

I have mountains

Montegoe
01-13-12, 07:50 AM

I married a Brit so I can say things like that. If the UK has some of the best and most remowned education in the world what happened to you? :p

Okay Rachael, I'll stop now. It's probably coming across mean and nasty and that's not what I am intending. Just taking the p out of you (see! I know how to speak English English as well!).

shakiba
01-13-12, 04:29 PM

Oh ya? Well, I have.. I have.. Maple Syrups! Bam! :)

ariesblu
01-13-12, 04:34 PM
I have mountains
Hahaha you make me laugh :p

chocohk
01-18-12, 12:49 AM
I remember reading it somewhere that the game reset at 12PST, is that correct? AM or PM?

I am in HK, trying to work out when I should request nbr for material , gift , tip etc thx:)

aiyayu
01-18-12, 01:05 AM
The reset occurs at 00:00 or 12:00 AM PST (https://www.google.com/search?q=time+in+CA)

333sandy
01-18-12, 01:09 AM
Okay, I'm really confused, I'm in Australia, what's the pst difference from here. It is now wednesday 6.10pm.

nmishii
01-18-12, 01:11 AM
I'm in PST. It's 12:11 am, reset was 11 minutes ago

nmishii
01-18-12, 01:12 AM
So you are 18 hrs ahead of PST. It's Wednesday also.

chocohk
01-18-12, 01:15 AM
now is 16:14PM WED 18/1/2012 for me

hehe

chocohk
01-18-12, 01:16 AM
oh already been reset? which means 4PM HK time then thxxx

333sandy
01-18-12, 01:17 AM
That's why I get weekly updates on sat mornings, and will have the goals an extra day, I think?

KatieSue324
08-16-18, 12:53 PM
I have never heard of GMT timezone. I am familiar with United States Time Zones, and just base all times according to where I live.
Before I knew that TeamLava was based in California, I figured out that reset happens at 3am for me. That's all I needed to know. It makes sense that its based on California time because they are 3 hrs behind me, making it Midnight, and that puts reset at the moment of date change as well. 😉