PDA

View Full Version : Gems

rachel9390
01-10-12, 11:33 AM
So why isn't there a way in Pet Story to earn gems like most of your other games? Leveling up, completing quests or even completing a family would be great ways to earn gems in this game. The pets are so expensive and require a lot of gems. You would make a lot of TL players happy if there was a way to earn them instead of forking out $40 for one virtual animal. Your games are fun but whats the point if I cant get any farther without buying gems??

barleycoon
01-10-12, 11:36 AM
Some of the goals can earn gems.

Jonezy93
01-10-12, 11:46 AM
Some of the goals can earn gems.

I've only seen 1 goal so far that provided Gems (5) and I'm at level 23.

That goal appears after level 20

Rachael98
01-10-12, 12:27 PM
I've only seen 1 goal so far that provided Gems (5) and I'm at level 23.

That goal appears after level 20

I've had a goal that got me a lot more than that:)

Autumn91
01-11-12, 12:30 AM
What goal was that?

Lilz32b
01-11-12, 01:51 AM
Yeah I would like to know what goal was that myself and then how many gems did you have to spend to meet that goal? I am currently stuck on all my goals but the collect 2500 times one because it requires something that requires gems.

Games shouldn't have to be about who has the most real life money like this. Some of us can't afford to plop down real cash and it instantly makes the game unfair when there's no way for non cash paying members to continue the game. If you're going to do that, please, remove that content and label it a light version. Or take the content out that costs extra and make the app cost a couple of dollars.

I don't play this through Facebook, but it sure reminds me of the **** that made me stop playing Zynga games over there. It's disappointing. And I'm glad to see that other people would like to see some way to earn gems in game, too.

pinkbarbie123
01-11-12, 09:55 PM
Wow, three whole goals that get you gems! In comparison with some of the others it's not much considering how much more this game cost. Im not really into this one that much anyway, but I see your frustration.

triespice
01-12-12, 04:32 PM
I do not like the fact that you can't reach certain goals without purchasing the gems that some animals cost. I am not fond of spending hundreds of dollars on pet goals. I could go buy my own live pet....I will continue to play until the remaining goals cannot be reached without buying gems.

Jonezy93
01-12-12, 07:03 PM
They must think we can't add or use common sense. The Spruce Up goal was bad enough to require upgrading 6 beds for the reward. Then they require you to spend 75 Gems for a Fish Tank or spend 5 Gems to skip that step.

The reward is a HUGE 300 Coins!! WooHoo!

There are a lot of idiotic UNbalanced goal to reward ratios like that. They need a user group to help them find "economy and balance".

babybluesd
01-12-12, 09:37 PM
So why isn't there a way in Pet Story to earn gems like most of your other games? Leveling up, completing quests or even completing a family would be great ways to earn gems in this game. The pets are so expensive and require a lot of gems. You would make a lot of TL players happy if there was a way to earn them instead of forking out $40 for one virtual animal. Your games are fun but whats the point if I cant get any farther without buying gems??

I totally agree, one border collie cost 149 gems and then 149 to buy mate and then breeding cause gems too. One pet that needs more than 100 dollar makes no sense and now I am stuck on it(I brought the rest for the collection). Really this price does not making any sense who will want a frog if it cost 200 bucks? Buy a real one in pet store instead!
Even if you willing to spend some money, this price scared customers away!

juliec05
01-18-12, 02:12 PM
I very rarely write on these boards but I have to say that PS has got my blood boiling. I agree with all the comments above. The only reason I haven't deleted it yet is that it's still fairly new so I'm hoping TL will act on the feedback and either reduce gem spends or give the ability to earn more gems in line with the other games.

ultrafrog
01-18-12, 02:15 PM
Reduce gem costs?

Didn't they just recently undo the change that doubled pet costs and breeding times because it was ridiculous?

juliec05
01-18-12, 02:48 PM
Yes but that just means it's now a really annoyingly expensive game to play again, rather than a ridiculously expensive game to play

Rachael98
01-18-12, 02:51 PM
Yes but that just means it's now a really annoyingly expensive game to play again, rather than a ridiculously expensive game to play

There are frequent sales, opportunities for free gems and contests (at the Forum, which often give away 100s of gems), plus they're not essential to gameplay. You can play quite happily for free. I do.

juliec05
01-18-12, 05:02 PM
Well I think the original issue still stands. gem sales may be cheaper but it still involves money. it may be that you can earn gems at the forums but that is not gameplay in the real sense. The gameplay of PS, is very much reduced than in some of the other TL apps because game play cannot move forward in the same way without spending money ie you cannot complete some of the goals or some of the collections. IMHO of course.

leonidos
01-19-12, 09:52 AM
Hi I have the same problem too with completing the goals.....some of the goal rewards are too ridiculously low. I am at level 23 going to 24 and it seems that other players are capped at 25 without all the targeted pets. I completed 1 goal which rewarded me with 5 gems...and thats all I have now. I can't get border collier because its set at 149 Gems. How does that formula work with players like who enjoys the game but not the cost. Team Lava really need to update this game with a realistic goal and rewards. A player can spend lots of coins for the decorations and pets....but all the lousy goals offer are low of 60 coins to 1200 coins. Where are the gems???? This game should reward players with gems for leveling up like fashion story or other games...Pet story iss not easy to level up at all.....If there are no new updates, then I will stop playing this game and tell my wife too.....no point wasting time when it goes no where.....

ShaylansCats
01-19-12, 12:02 PM
Completely agree on this point. I can see people wanting to spend to get some of the cute animals although not me personally it is just a game, but 149 gems for one dog, are they crazy. It really took the fun out of things.

peterific
03-11-12, 09:14 PM
Gem prices are ridiculous!!!

Giraffes_rock
03-12-12, 09:01 PM
Gems should be able to be purchased my coins and earned! And many people agree! Giraffes_rock

PinkiePieOne
03-12-12, 10:08 PM
Yea dude, there's no way I can afford something like that!

04-01-12, 09:35 AM
If every goal had 1 gem as a reard then I could see the costs, all of the other games I play that teamlava has you can earn gems, may take a while but there is the option if people do not want to spend $$. If something does not change I am removing this game.

stagebeauty
04-02-12, 01:52 PM
If every goal had 1 gem as a reard then I could see the costs, all of the other games I play that teamlava has you can earn gems, may take a while but there is the option if people do not want to spend $$. If something does not change I am removing this game.

Same here. Many goals require you to spend gems (crossbreeding the dalmatian & golden retriever, for example). With no way to get more gems, this is very ridiculous.

meyer22
04-03-12, 07:16 AM
Unless you are willing to spend money this game tops out around level 25. I'm level 34 and the last month or two have been so boring, haven't finished any goals in ages because I refuse to buy gems. I'd be willing to spend 100,000 game coin for one gem. Reading this thread confirms my wavering decision to quit this game. Wish there were some way to donate my pets, I have 50 completed families.

janel75
04-19-12, 11:35 AM
I totally agree, one border collie cost 149 gems and then 149 to buy mate and then breeding cause gems too. One pet that needs more than 100 dollar makes no sense and now I am stuck on it(I brought the rest for the collection). Really this price does not making any sense who will want a frog if it cost 200 bucks? Buy a real one in pet store instead!
Even if you willing to spend some money, this price scared customers away!
Or at least make the pets do something exciting. So people are somewhat. getting. their moneys worth.

Giomary26
04-22-12, 12:29 PM
This is crazy I work so hard on getting the only goal where you can gain 5gems, and suddenly my gems disappear, this is so frustrating. They should try to fix that bug. Thinking not to play anymore. ;(

mattyboo1
04-22-12, 12:38 PM
You should email teamlava support for gem losses

Giomary26
04-22-12, 01:09 PM
I did thank for the advice, but I want to know is is only me that have this problem with this game.

kooky panda
04-22-12, 01:47 PM
This is crazy I work so hard on getting the only goal where you can gain 5gems, and suddenly my gems disappear, this is so frustrating. They should try to fix that bug. Thinking not to play anymore. ;(

I did thank for the advice, but I want to know is is only me that have this problem with this game.
sounds like your game may not be saving. Are you able to redo the 5 gem goal?
what is the version of the game your are playing>under menu-help- little number at the bottom

Giomary26
04-22-12, 02:32 PM
It is 1.0.2 I don't think I can redo the goal. But I loss the 5gems from that goal plus others.

kooky panda
04-22-12, 02:51 PM

It is 1.0.2 I don't think I can redo the goal. But I loss the 5gems from that goal plus others.
The most current version for IOS players is the valentine version. The regular version are you playing has some bug issues in it.
A manual update for the regular game should be coming soon.

If you have already delete the valentine game, you can redownload it from your device. Go to itunes, updates page and at the top click purchases. scroll down and find the game and redownload it from your device.

Giomary26
04-22-12, 06:56 PM
I tried but couldn't do it, Is the app with the same name? Pet Shop? In the ITunes or the app store?

kooky panda
04-22-12, 08:20 PM
I tried but couldn't do it, Is the app with the same name? Pet Shop? In the ITunes or the app store?

the valentine version has been removed from the itunes app store. You will need to download it from your history of purchases.
Go to itunes app store under updates page and at the top click purchases. scroll down and find the game and redownload it from your device.
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/Untitled.jpg
http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/678ad42d.jpg

girlpower999
05-28-12, 07:53 AM
I'm totally on the same page as you guys about how there are not enough ways to earn gems. My mom let me buy 24 gems, but even that's not enough. They should either have a 75+% off sale on gems, lower animal prices, or create more ways to earn them.

hwood2291
06-28-12, 12:06 AM
I'm sorry but I'm not gonna spend boat loads of money on pets that I can't even touch and play with myself. I have two other teamlava games (restaurant and bakery story) and I love playing those games. What teamlava needs to do is find a way for people who can't spend their hard earned money on a FREE game. A great way to get started with that could be making the rewards for goals completed be gems, or better yet along with not making upgrading your dog's pen 24,440 coins, how about each time you get a pen to upgrade 3 "superb pen" people are rewarded with gems. In the two games I mentioned above, plus when I had night club story at a point, when you complete 4 levels of one food you are rewarded with gems. Why does Pet Shop story have to be different?

hick_chick87
07-06-12, 11:07 AM

I don't understand either. There's no way anyone without money to spend can complete half of the collections or some of the tasks. I can't complete the "sprucing up" task or the collection with the border collie.

mrsbutch630
07-06-12, 12:09 PM
It is a good feeling to know I am not the only one frustrated about the need for gems. A breeding bed is 149 gems. Everything else gets progressively higher, like the upgrading of animals and their dwellings. I kinda wish I didnt start this game, i am a goal acheiver and this game is feeling like an unobtainable goal. The animals you need for breeding are attainable through gems only. Do I pay my electric bill or do I buy gems? This game was poorly designed and not well thought out. TeamLava should consault with players before designing their next game. Instead of consulting their accountant to take money from the players that support them.

DaojinWildfire
07-06-12, 05:13 PM
I don't understand either. There's no way anyone without money to spend can complete half of the collections or some of the tasks. I can't complete the "sprucing up" task or the collection with the border collie.

It is a good feeling to know I am not the only one frustrated about the need for gems. A breeding bed is 149 gems. Everything else gets progressively higher, like the upgrading of animals and their dwellings. I kinda wish I didnt start this game, i am a goal acheiver and this game is feeling like an unobtainable goal. The animals you need for breeding are attainable through gems only. Do I pay my electric bill or do I buy gems? This game was poorly designed and not well thought out. TeamLava should consault with players before designing their next game. Instead of consulting their accountant to take money from the players that support them.

Thank you for the feedback. Completing various Goals do reward Gems and we host events every week in the forums (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/teamlava) that give away free stuff. Check out the events if you're interested in free items, Gems, CCash, and Gold!

mattyboo1
07-06-12, 05:17 PM

I love the 5 gems goal it was so easy

mrsbutch630
07-07-12, 04:05 AM
I like to play the game not talk about it. I dont have a facebook and I dont want one and I am not getting a facebook page for this game. I hardly ever talk in these forums. I only come to the forums for hints or help. So now I feel really screwed.

mrsbutch630
07-07-12, 04:16 AM
Thank you for the feedback. Completing various Goals do reward Gems and we host events every week in the forums (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) and Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/teamlava) that give away free stuff. Check out the events if you're interested in free items, Gems, CCash, and Gold!

No, why dont you consult players for the games or listen to our concerns. This post orginally started in january and you have done nothing, but put gems on sale, to address the main issue. Team Lava fix the problem. Make alternative ways of purchasing the gem only animals or give us more ways to earn gems. The players of this game are clearly not happy. Give us some love, as we do with our pets, allow the players to earn gems and not have to purchase them.

janel75
07-31-12, 10:48 AM
:cool:
No, why dont you consult players for the games or listen to our concerns. This post orginally started in january and you have done nothing, but put gems on sale, to address the main issue. Team Lava fix the problem. Make alternative ways of purchasing the gem only animals or give us more ways to earn gems. The players of this game are clearly not happy. Give us some love, as we do with our pets, allow the players to earn gems and not have to purchase them.
Wow the last time I was @ this form was I think in April, I was actually hoping to see some love by now also when it comes to either buying gems or not being able to complete my goals. What's really interesting though is that they have since then designed at least three new games. I don't know about everyone else but I prefer playing the games that allow advancement without having to pay real money for fake pets on a FREE GAME!

accisse
11-05-12, 06:48 PM
TL, you want to earn money from your games, we get that. But there has to be some other way for people to earn gems too. Even if it has to be super slow progress as compared to forking out real cash for instant gems. That way, you get players who are willing to pay you and also other players who are willing to support your games even if they don't want to pay to play them.

I downloaded this game in order to earn gems for my other TL games. Usually when I get these sort of goals, the games get deleted after I've reached the required levels - I don't have enough time to continue playing so many games. The boring ones and those I'm uninterested in get the boot first.

Pet shop story was different; it's cute and I actually thought I might keep going even after I reach level 13. BUT!!! What's the point of keeping this game if I can't progress without paying real cash to buy or breed certain pets? I came to the forum thinking I might find some advice from other players only to find they are facing the same problems. I thought dragon story was bad enough, but at least we can receive gems from our neighbours. I'm really disappointed with pet shop story.

mattyboo1
11-05-12, 08:23 PM
TL, you want to earn money from your games, we get that. But there has to be some other way for people to earn gems too. Even if it has to be super slow progress as compared to forking out real cash for instant gems. That way, you get players who are willing to pay you and also other players who are willing to support your games even if they don't want to pay to play them.

I downloaded this game in order to earn gems for my other TL games. Usually when I get these sort of goals, the games get deleted after I've reached the required levels - I don't have enough time to continue playing so many games. The boring ones and those I'm uninterested in get the boot first.

Pet shop story was different; it's cute and I actually thought I might keep going even after I reach level 13. BUT!!! What's the point of keeping this game if I can't progress without paying real cash to buy or breed certain pets? I came to the forum thinking I might find some advice from other players only to find they are facing the same problems. I thought dragon story was bad enough, but at least we can receive gems from our neighbours. I'm really disappointed with pet shop story. well you can get a lot out Of the coin animals but earning gems is hard

mtchwtch
12-30-12, 12:56 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that i'm losing neighbours due to unobtainable goals. Android version is the worst. My son has IPod version and has a few more opportunities to earn gems, don't understand why there would be a difference. Did purchase some gems before last update and because of the lag in the game, accidentaly spent them on expansion instead of the goals for which they were purchased. Emailed TL, response was basically too bad for me. I'm at level 42 and ready to give up as TL seems to care more for the money than keeping their customers happy.

grandma_g
03-28-13, 09:46 AM
I love the game. My biggest frustration is gems. I currently have 5 because I finished a goal. I do not see another way of earning more. Please add reasonable goals to earn gems or do away with them;)

[S8] Elsa
03-28-13, 10:55 AM
You can earn Gems from completing certain goals or milestones in the games. We also have weekly contests in our Events and Contests (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) forum, Facebook (http://facebook.com/teamlava), and Twitter (www.twitter.com/user/teamlava)! You can follow or Like our pages to receive updates directly in your social media news feeds! :)

rsschenaol
04-08-13, 07:15 AM
You have to buy them, cash money if you want anything substantial.

b97aml
05-15-13, 06:05 PM
I totally agree! You can't finish any goals without them. If they can't be earned I will not continue to play!

rsschenaol
06-17-13, 01:13 PM
Tell me about it. I've spent hundreds of $$ on this game, foolishly. I can't get answers to my technical issues, I don't get my daily bonus, ever. This is a rip off, but I like the social network and the game is fun. Not $400 fun. I'm spending no more unless a baby gets sick.

sparklegirly
06-17-13, 10:45 PM
I don't understand why people complain about gems all the time. most everything in this game is free. it's an app game. the only free games are bad ones on the internet. get over it people. stop complaining that you can't do anything without paying money.

aishling8
07-25-13, 01:09 PM
You can earn Gems from completing certain goals or milestones in the games. We also have weekly contests in our Events and Contests (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) forum, Facebook (http://facebook.com/teamlava), and Twitter (www.twitter.com/user/teamlava)! You can follow or Like our pages to receive updates directly in your social media news feeds! :)

So what if you don't have time for twitter and Facebook? Are you really that unable to present the game in a playable manner without the crutch of social media.

sparklegirly
07-27-13, 10:53 PM
So what if you don't have time for twitter and Facebook? Are you really that unable to present the game in a playable manner without the crutch of social media.

you are using social media with this forum >__< lol

girlybugs
07-28-13, 12:16 AM
People complain because the amount of money is just ridiculous. Even for many of us who are willing to pay, the prices are just insane. They are paying their engineers, artists, etc, we get it - but there's no reason why Pet Shop Story's production costs would be wayyyyy higherthan other games.If the demand for the game by paying customers is high enough to justify their pricing, then that's their prerogative, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to know how badly they are gouging the customers simply cause they can. The people that can afford $400 on a simple animation social game for their mobile device can go right ahead and pad the pockets of certain companies. I personally know some programmers and theyre not bringing home exorbitant salaries.. i'm just thinking that i dont believe it has to go this way, but I guess there is corporate greed in every industry. I will be deleting this game once my girls have had enough of it, and will not/have not spent one cent on it. I support well made, fairly priced, fun games.
PSS is only one of those three things. It's fun. But it's also riddled with bugs and ridiculously priced.

nky1111
07-28-13, 02:23 AM
nobody actually buys it. have you ever seen a bullfrog in the game??
I bet the bullfrog brings them less money than any of the small gem items. it's there just to show off and to promote the game by people endlessly discussing it))) wow it has a $400item! the game must be something!))))

maybe some kids accidentally hit buy 275 gems on an unlocked device.. but I've heard Apple refunds that large amounts.

sparklegirly
07-28-13, 10:55 AM
3 of my friends have completed the tree frog goal to get the bullfrog.
It's not always about money. Some people like the pets. I don't think it has anything to do with showing off. Not all people are like that :\

jmaymat01
08-16-13, 06:04 PM
I never post to these threads, but Pet Shop Story and its lack of ability to earn gems is just stupid and someone has o hear that! You might get a goal here and there that rewards a few gems, but it's never anything significant. The task to reward ratio is also insanely unbalanced. If they are going to require SO many of their animals be purchased with gems and SO many gem animals required to complete goals, they should make it easier to earn them. They could reward gems for leveling up, completing a family and/or upgrading a pen, but there is nothing but a few piddly coins given for each of those things. It hardly seems worth it to spend hundreds of thousands of coins, over the days/weeks required to actually earn that many coins, to complete some of these families and upgrade the pen only to earn 100 coins as a reward. What's the point? I'm almost done completing all pen upgrades on my current families and I'll be done. I'm bored. I've spent real money here and there on some of these games ($10-20 on Castle and Dragon Story), but it actually gets you something in those games for that small amount. This is just dumb.

aishling8
08-17-13, 01:40 PM
There are frequent sales, opportunities for free gems and contests (at the Forum, which often give away 100s of gems), plus they're not essential to gameplay. You can play quite happily for free. I do.

I don't have time to check all the forums. Glad you're happy. Hope that we can get absolution for the rest of us. Having to go here do this do that is like being a rat in a maze. I don't want only play the games that get me rewards in other games. I don't like being a prisoner. Give me either or options on breeding for every pet. Making them only available with gems which are rather pricy and insulting to their customers.

aishling8
08-17-13, 01:54 PM
How nitpicky can you get ? I use Facebook for family connections and twitter for work. I play games for recreation! I don't want to HAVE TO have 79 neighbours on Facebook or in any other game to achieve a goal.

I'm asking for options on breeding. Make it either or. Either it's 7 days OR 7 gems or what ever ratio people are still going to opt for the gems when they can. Or really want a pet. But if they can't pay then ey still play albeit slower.

Isn't more players of value to TL?

atropabelladonna80218
10-08-13, 02:32 PM
I think the price of items and price of gems is crazy. I play many games like this where I gladly purchase things, but this will be a game I don't spend a penny. I am all about supporting games I like, but when the rewards for paying customers are so stupid for what you pay, I won't bother. They are virtual items which cost the game designers nothing past the initial cost to create it. Even the sale price for gems is not worth it. If items cost closer to one or two dollars worth of gems, I guarantee I would end up spending a pretty penny. I am sure others feel the same way. I have probably spent a thousand dollars on sims3 items over the years, but you better believe if I bought $50 worth of points to buy stuff, I got a TON of stuff, not two or three things.

TPease
11-11-13, 12:54 PM
Farm Story rewards players gems for Crops at level 2 & 4; I agree it is same company I don't see why TL sets such ridiculous requirements for goals. I only started PS because Farm Story has a goal set for installing PS. I like PS its fun and everything but not enough for me to shell out hundreds of dollars in cash, I just cannot afford it.

TPease
11-11-13, 01:05 PM

As much as I would hope I truly believe game designers cares about the issues the players are facing. I played Dragon Story for a while but quit because I was tired of breeding duplicate dragons and selling them for 100 gold. I play on Android and the are god knows how many thread there are in Dragon Story forums of players begging TL to give Android players the same thing that IOS players have.

If TL actually cared about the players I think we would be seeing player's issues a lot more, I do think that the entire gaming community needs to be address, but I seriously doubt we will see it in our lifetime.

TPease
11-11-13, 01:26 PM

This option is fine and dandy for players that frequent facebook, Twitter and all those other social networks, I could care less about those apps, can you offer other ways of getting gems?

kooky panda
11-11-13, 01:28 PM
This option is fine and dandy for players that frequent facebook, Twitter and all those other social networks, I could care less about those apps, can you offer other ways of getting gems?

The Events and Contests (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?71-Events-and-Contests!) are run here on the forum.

mucktub
01-30-14, 10:49 PM
Having read this thread I am no longer going to play pet shop story TL have not listened to the request for gems to be made mora accessible and I am certainly not paying for them.

twospoons
02-26-14, 08:28 PM
i knew there was a reason i stopped playing this game the first time! why is this the only game that offers you no way to earn (an in-game way, i mean, contests being unreliable)? even in dragon story, you can get gold from neighbors, even if it's only a tiny bit at a time (depending on how many neighbors you have). back to the bakery & restaurant for me! (and i actually do buy gems in the games that are not total rip-offs, so brilliant plan there, TL.)

shrivelup
04-03-14, 10:19 AM
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to add something. I was actually searching to see if I could earn gems as I'd noticed I wasn't earning any. I was annoyed a while back as when I first started the game I'd bought some and was down to just enough to finish one of my cat families, anyway I lost them all due to a stupid delayed pop up, annoyingly I wasn't asked to confirm purchase so I ended up with an extension I didn't need. I contacted customer support and they said there was no way to reverse this - obviously they could add gems but they didn't want to which was frustrating.

So annoyed that although this only happened in Pet Shop Story I have refused to buy gems for any of there games, sure it might have only been 20-30 pounds a week but it all adds up and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Surely they should understand that people purchase gems not only because they want to buy something with them but also to reward developers of these free games for a good game and for being fair. Some games you just feel are there to try and screw you out of money.

umumum2
07-15-14, 06:44 PM
They should give a daily 2 gems

lubok
11-03-14, 04:25 AM
I think the price of items and price of gems is crazy. I play many games like this where I gladly purchase things, but this will be a game I don't spend a penny. I am all about supporting games I like, but when the rewards for paying customers are so stupid for what you pay, I won't bother. They are virtual items which cost the game designers nothing past the initial cost to create it. Even the sale price for gems is not worth it. If items cost closer to one or two dollars worth of gems, I guarantee I would end up spending a pretty penny. I am sure others feel the same way. I have probably spent a thousand dollars on sims3 items over the years, but you better believe if I bought $50 worth of points to buy stuff, I got a TON of stuff, not two or three things.
I totally agree! We do realize that the company needs to earn money, but then they must reward customers for their money with some satisfaction! In their other games, like Bakery Story etc., when I see some exclusive game stuff I cannot get otherwise, I consider an option to pay for it. But here, what do I get for completing a mission? Neither gems (not even one) nor exclusive game object, but a few game coins an xp which goes daily anyway. I never concider it possible to pay for it. I see this thread was started 2 years ago, and I wonder how much money have they earned for these years for this game compared to others, haha!

KatesL
02-13-15, 12:39 AM

I agree as well. I've been saving up for days just to bed two pets together. I don't purchase gems so I guess I won't be able to complete quite a few goals :(

ninjaKO2
03-31-15, 03:43 AM
i totally agree, the gem shortage crisis in my shop is devastating (lolz) i can list like 200 pets that cost WAY to much diamonds. And to make it worse for myself my Ipod has an issue where i can't buy stuff even when my parents tried. i wasted the gems i had from a couple of goals on a dog and i didn't know that the mate and babies costed gems too so i am left with 2 of the dogs and 0 (:() gems. TL should REALLY make gems easier to obtain.

alanaspets47
04-15-15, 05:33 AM
i'm up to level 41 and have not seen any goals for gems yet-i bought the gems, but i would rather build the coins and certain pets i do not buy b/c they have to be bought with gems. i would prefer more goals for more coins, not so much reliance on gems.

Angelaisadork2
07-04-15, 10:12 AM
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THESE GAMES THAT OVER PRICE THINGS......99% OF YOUR CLIENTS/ PLAYERS ARE LIKE ME DISABLED OLDER AND ON A FIXED INCOME...WE LOOK FOR FUN AND EXCITING WAYS TO HAVE FUN WITHOUT GOING BROKE AND STILL BE ABLE TO EAT.......Its like you people have forget about the little people who play your games. ....LIKE YOU WILL READ AND DO ANYTHING ANYWAY, but I had to try. Pet Story is a forgotten game, no new goals EVER, no new breeding pets EVER, AND AND NO NEW EXPANSIONS EITHER.......GET A CLUE PEOPLE OR SHUT THE GAME DOWN. ....:mad:

Angelaisadork2
07-04-15, 10:14 AM
Why not have a daily spinning wheel, to win a chance for a free expansion, pet, or a gem or two, or even maybe a decorative item.....it works on othef games great....

claudiascrittercastle
03-06-16, 03:06 AM
I stopped trying to do my goals because every one i have i need gems to purchase a animal and i dont have any gems. There is no way to finish any of them. It was really fun when i could play them.

claudiascrittercastle
03-06-16, 03:07 AM
Angelaisadork2, that is a great idea.

Smile1098
08-17-17, 06:55 AM
I am on level 38 and I've only got 2 missions that I win gems, there are shop goals that they ask me to buy things with gems but how will I buy them if I've only got 3 gems!? We could win gems by watching ad videos. There r things I things I could skip with my gems but now I can't.

Smile1098
08-17-17, 06:59 AM
I really need gems...how r we supposed to buy stuff and other things if we do not have GEMS!!!!!!!! I love the game and the old version was also very nice.

BillyTitan
03-04-21, 10:01 PM
I think they should at the very least have pets that were bought with gems earn gems in return.

melodie
08-17-22, 07:46 PM
What has happen to the free gems we used to get while watching a video?? I?m not getting them anymore in any of the games.
And the quests aren?t long enough cannot reach the goals.

SpiritWind00
08-17-22, 08:25 PM
What has happen to the free gems we used to get while watching a video?? I?m not getting them anymore in any of the games.
And the quests aren?t long enough cannot reach the goals.
Videos in some games have been discontinued. In other games, purchasing gems can cease videos. For this game, I'm not sure. In the past they have been a promotional item that is provided to players from time to time.

yani1277
04-15-23, 07:08 AM
Videos in some games have been discontinued. In other games, purchasing gems can cease videos. For this game, I'm not sure. In the past they have been a promotional item that is provided to players from time to time.

I cannot play game without free gems because it?s so difficult to save money and gems , plus give us back free videos for gems , I cannot afford real money for the game .

Kindly regard

Deku
06-10-23, 09:15 AM

Completing families? Which families?

SpiritWind00
06-12-23, 01:30 AM
Completing families? Which families?
That post was made over 10 years ago. I imagine the original OP meant completing a set of pets.